Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,703 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? (37149 Views)

Kaduna Doctors Tell El-rufai To Correct Shortfall In Salaries / Dismissed Staff Were Adequately Compensated – Heritage Bank / Heritage Bank Sacks 400 Staff - NAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2016
AlphaDex:
grin grin grin Our votes have never counted and won't for a considerable stretch of time.
Erroneous assertion, our votes counted during the last election, even the power of incumbency did not bring back jonathan.

For the life of me, I cannot envisage myself standing and queuing up in the scorching sun for hours only to vote when the worth of my vote is only in association of establishing a convincing rig of the election.
would it make any difference if the sun wasn't scorching? tongue Rigging still takes place, but if you compare the last elections to previous elections, you will see that although we are not there yet, we are definitely on our way there.

Maybe if we had a system that allows one to vote within minutes and be done, I may grudgingly contribute to the process
. Grudgingly grin grin grin grin you just don't want to vote grin

Kudos to all Nigerians who are building our electioneering process all the same by voting.
Thanks grin

Voting is my right which I have the prerogative to excercise or not to excercise. It doesn't take away other rights of which criticising any government is constitutionally guaranteed without the prerequisite of voting.
that's why I said moral right tongue you disenfranchise yourself, it's wrong angry
Your Buhari has made some un-President-like statement which made the APC to have a sour taste in the mouth by the way.
I understand, by the time things get better, I believe you will see things differently smiley
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2016
oweniwe:

Where is the capital nau..... Do you think farming does not require capital ?

The fastest yielding agric ventures are catfish, snail and vegetables farming I think.... Even those ones require suitable land, fence / security, water/borehole and feed/labor/herbicides..

If capital is available, youths will farm

I agree that capital is tight but this is where strategy is required.

Cooperation between classmates, peers and relations would yield some benefits.

The younger ones need to wean themselves of most of the luxuries which are mostly ephemeral.

The world has never been one in which things are handed down. The entrepreneur in you would succeed.

If some young ones can dedicate their time to yahoo why can't the others dedicate even more time to a long lasting vocation?

On the banking front, no free money can be released if there's no guarantee of repayment.
There has to be a foundation for an investor to support your venture. This includes your documentation, projection, effort and dedication.

Things could be better but there's never a better time.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by AlphaDex: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
firstEVA:
Erroneous assertion, our votes counted during the last election, even the power of incumbency did not bring back jonathan.

would it make any difference if the sun wasn't scorching? tongue Rigging still takes place, but if you compare the last elections to previous elections, you will see that although we are not there yet, we are definitely on our way there.

. Grudgingly grin grin grin grin you just don't want to vote grin

Thanks grin

that's why I said moral right tongue you disenfranchise yourself, it's wrong angry
I understand, by the time things get better, I believe you will see things differently smiley

The last election was spectacularly rigged by the incumbent and his successor!

Bornu state which has one of the highest internally displaced people with her citizens dispersed to southern Cameroon and other states of Nigeria recorded a number of votes that rivalled River State.

No hard feelings for Buhari but he is too old to carry out the rigours associated with the office of the presidency.

Common, the average lifespan of Nigeria is 55 or thereabouts.
Buhari is officially in his 70's, even for countries with advanced Medicare where lifespan is 80-85, Buhari is still physically and mentally weak to run a stable country let alone unstable like Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by oweniwe(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
rusher14:

I agree that capital is tight but this is where strategy is required.

Cooperation between classmates, peers and relations would yield some benefits.

The world has never been one in which things are handed down. The entrepreneur in you would succeed.

On the banking front, no free money can be released if there's no guarantee of repayment.
There has to be a foundation for an investor to support your venture. This includes your documentation, projection, effort and dedication.

Things could be better but there's never a better time.

Peers & Classmates?

Even if that is the way... Nigerians... If you help ppl today, tomorrow you discover you've been scammed (it's here on nairaland sef) or d person you helped wil com back later to insult you.

People are afraid to help in Nigeria cos they're afraid of being scammed.

I once wrote a fine biz proposal for a big man.. He said I should go do app required to run the biz... After developing d app, make big man release money to buy servers, mba... He said he cannot waste 200k to set up a small client -server system cos I want to do "experiment"...

Family and friends.... Even if they have money, they have their own responsibilities too.... Is it friends/family foks that earn 80-100k monthly dat a jobless youth will beg for 300k to start biz?

The best thing is for man to get employed and work to save up the capital he needs.... Anything other than that, in Nigeria.... Na yawa

4 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Danfuster(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
oweniwe:

Peers & Classmates?

Even if that is the way... Nigerians... If you help ppl today, tomorrow you discover you've been scammed (it's here on nairaland sef) or d person you helped wil com back later to insult you.

People are afraid to help in Nigeria cos they're afraid of being scammed.

I once wrote a fine biz proposal for a big man.. He said I should go do app required to run the biz... After developing d app, make big man release money to buy servers, mba... He said he cannot waste 200k to set up a small client -server system cos I want to do "experiment"...

Family and friends.... Even if they have money, they have their own responsibilities too.... Is it friends/family foks that earn 80-100k monthly dat a jobless youth will beg for 300k to start biz?

The best thing is for man to get employed and work to save up the capital he needs.... Anything other than that, in Nigeria.... Na yawa

where are you resident bro!?

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by oweniwe(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Danfuster:

where are you resident bro!?

Delta-Lagos-Enugu... I shuttle between the 3 States looking for hustles...

This unemployment thing don tire me. Tomorrow, I will start a thread soliciting for job too. Wetin man go do? embarassed
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
If you exit, what happens? Would you be paid off immediately or come late angry
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by holluphemydavid(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
Only God knw wher Nigeria is heading to
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Funjosh(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
No wonder lipsrsealed
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ifenes(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
When is buhari getting impeached? We don tire abeg

You honestly think Buhari is the cause of Nigeria's plight? The writing has been on the was 20 years before now. A mismanaged economy and over-reliance on Crude oil was defo gonna lead to a crashed Economy.

4 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Jacko1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
When is buhari getting impeached? We don tire abeg

Very good question
If them increase this fuel again.... We the masses need to occupy lagos.... Abuja... National assembly

Sinc he is making things hard for us.... Let is put some heat on him self

Brazil president no do half of what this bastard fool buhari is doing and dem impeach am

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by anochuko01(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
When is the next free bus to Germany? I'm thinking of relocating already!

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Adesiji77: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
why God hate us this much, that he gave buhari life
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by adeoba2008(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is what I will call " Dupe tie"
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ireneidiva(f): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:
I should be seeing flyers and threads concerning how to make baskets, school bags, slippers, torchlights, lightbulbs etc.

We depend too much on banking jobs that have traditionally been short term and unreliable.

The Nigerian youth should farm, make finished goods that have relevance to them another larger society.

Until this is done, I'm sorry but there'll always be a large fraction of unemployed and underpaid amongst the youth.

who is going to buy the bags in thus current economy?

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by helovesme(f): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
If we ignore its societe generale roots, for a bank that only just "recently" acquired its banking license (2012) and began trading about 3 years ago (2013), this is serious cause for concern.

It's times like this that one can't but question CBN's judgement. Why issue new commercial/retail banking license when that sector of banking is already saturated in nigeria ?

As for the bank itself, what exactly was their business plan/model? How were they expecting to sustain their huge wage bill and remain profitable?

So many questions. Banking in nigeria is seriously messed up !

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by anonimi: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Zombies una do well oh!
We thank una for packaging your "expired" leader looter to come and destroy our country.
Nevertheless we shall overcome. Surely!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091052_2084712obama4jpeg0846bececdee51cd258847b713b916e6_jpegd27f893bccf38657d36ce7d37daaa943

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780335_mugabe_jpegb6d6da38e8b22a0fc4198629955fb6f1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by loveourlagos(f): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE!

Detractors should continue.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
ireneidiva:

who is going to buy the bags in thus current economy?

There's 170 million people in this country alone.

There's the West African market and if your product catches on there's the world market.

Stop thinking small.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by iyatrustee(f): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
franklynsunny:

bag of rice 20k,d last time I brought bag of rice was 27th March 2015 bfor election bt today...c every every

Weldone! undecided
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by shayhune: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
The MYSTIFIED 30% in MMM. How to Understand It.

THE MYSTIFIED 30% How to understand it.

Its important you all understand this concept so much that you can easily explain it to others.

Let's look at it from this practical point of view,99% of us here have bank account. Right? Good.

We put our money in the bank because we Trust its safe there What do u think is the % of people who put their money in Banks?

Do you know How many % of people in Nigeria has an account with First Bank?

Yes you guess right!

Let's say 70% of Nigerians.

That's about more than 50million Nigerians. And Among these people are

The Poor
Middle class
and Business men
Companies

Among this set of people are those who deposit their money in bank at different intervals
and different amount.

Right?

And they withdraw at different intervals and different amount.

That means If you deposit 200k Another person deposit 1million,Another deposit 2k,Another deposit 500k,Wenever you are withdrawing your 200k, Someone's elsewhere is depositing a huge amounts.

To supplement ur 200k withdrawal. And this circle continued on and on.
And becos of the population of people using the bank and different set of cash and different time of deposit and withdrawal

There is 100% chances that you must get your money withdrawn whenever you need it.

Anytime u go to bank to withdraw money
That's the principle MMM is also using
Its called Crowd Funding.

The power of crowd funding, Banks And all financial institutions use the principle,That's is why the owner of this Banks are filty rich.

Where do you Think Bank Gets money they loan out

( Yes our Money) You evidently give bank your money when you and all those who have account with the bank Crowd Fund(Deposition Remember I want to make this more practical.

Look at this illustration, illustration U have 1million naira,U went to the bank And put it in a fixed deposit account With interest of 12% per year. U are happy As u leave the bank

The business man comes And requests to use your 1million for business. Same bank charges him 35% He agreed. Went to do business with your money and makes profit

Pays the bank your 1million +35% At the end of the year you came and collected 12% Who is the fool among the 3?.

And who is the king?

They all get paid but one of them is the king. The Bank
The B A N K.

Now the bank collects our money. And loan it out to business men and make lots of money to pay d staff and enrich his life. What happens to you the depositor. You get Nothing

Not even 1% of your deposit.

Now MMM says No. Because of this unfair financial system.Sergie Mavrodi thought it necessary to look at the financial system and realized that, Banks survive because of the continuous deposit and withdrawal of cash,At different intervals

And because of the population of people who have an account with the bank. Sergey Mavrodi decided that even bank with that principle can even give us 50% of our money monthly but they won't do it

. The principle of crowd funding enables the bank to even give us more interest on our money monthly and nothing will happen. But because of the unfair financial system in place they will never do it.

He realized that if we can come together. Like those population with bank account example I gave earlier .If We can copy the same principle bank and financial institutions use to flourish, We can do a lot .

All it takes is just the Redistribution of cash flows. And the IDeology in MMM.

The system provides that redistribution.And with a great community with same goal and mindset it can be achieved.

Are you u guys getting where I am heading to?.

Because people deposit at different times Banks lives on

Because people PH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because people withdraw in bank at different times. Banks Lives on

Because people GH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because of the influx of PH and GH regular PH and GH there will always be 30% to Pay to everyone .

Because of Regular Deposit and Withdrawal at different times and different amount there must always be money to withdraw in banks.

What if everyone match to bank and withdraw their money same time same day what do you think will happen?

Bank will collapse
Same thing in MMM

If every one GH at the same time MMM won't stand for long.

So it's our responsibility to keep this community strong through regular PH and GH.
The same principle Holds Bank and other financial bodies.

For more information, whatsapp me:

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Neddstark: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
If they resign. Millions will rush for that position.

2 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ogaprime(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
I just hope won't start buying N100 recharge card at N150 and upon loading it, we see N80 airtime..
Na wa for this change oo
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Leeeekeeee: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari cutting bankers coat according to his own size..

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by dantori(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
rhymaholic:
Be thankful for what you have.

A friend who works with HERITAGE BANK told me that they've been getting half of their pay since last month as instructed by the bank. All staff across board had their salaries slashed into half, is either you take it or you resign. The bank took the decision so as not to sack anybody and so as to stay afloat.

Heritage bank which is basically into commercial banking have been struggling to keep their books in check since the implementation of the TSA.

Sai Bukola doing what he knows how to do best Trade Bank and Society Generale Banks are now dead mind you

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by dumie(f): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
And the wind of change continues to blow....Meanwhile those who voted for "CHANGE" hope u guys are having a swell time with your change.

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by buffalowings: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
murphyrichy:
Half bread always better than none.

Let me pray for you.

But I have one request

Can I invoke amadioha?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by abike12(f): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
Salary slash on top of things getting more expensive everyday. I just hope things get better soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Computer Science: Where Can I Work? / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.