Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ (37569 Views)

Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / Pastor Dele Taiwo And Doyin His Wife Welcome Their First Child (Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor Dele Taiwo's Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2016
SmathGate:
i once said if there was no religion whatsoever on earth that the world would have been better off, there wouldn't have been so much problem with Muslims and christians attacking each other religion everyday. Religion is not what teaches us Good from Bad.
Actually more like if more Muslims will use their brain, the troubles arising from religion intolerance will be almost non existing

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by technophile(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2016
HighQue007:
This generation will make a change..

A lot of things are happening and the world is gradually getting back to thier senses..

Enough of religion tales..Its an embarrasement to human reasoning.

REVOLUTION IS COMING..

Lol... Revolution aint coming bro.
these aree the signs of end time that the bible speaks of, give you life to christ. Supernatural exist bro. Give your life to Jesus now before its too late
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by leofab(f): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Brymo:
"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic uninterestingness
as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity
(in the Harvard sense) of saying that the universe just happened to happen and
that when we're dead we're dead?"
-John Updike
from your ubiquitous analogy ;if definitely the whole universe was created by a supreme being and couldn't Come by chance; then how did the supreme being came into existence ?? Remember if the supreme being can be by chance then the universe can be by chance too...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by aisammy4: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2016
Ynaira:

Source: http://www.breezereporters.com/unilag-alumnus-renounces-religion-says-i-know-i-have-disappointed-many/

He who Allah has guided can never be mislead and he who Allah has misguided can never be led to the right path.

Haven't you seen Allah's sign around you? I'll give a typical example. There is a tree inside a mosque compound in Ikeja Cantonment Lagos, Nigeria grown with Allah's sign crested on it. I have seen it with my own eyes. It should still be there by Allah's grace.

Haven't you seen the sign of Allah around the world? In fishes, pieces of fruits, meat, eggs, on rocks, tree that Allah's sign is naturally crested on?

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by dermmy(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2016
technophile:

you want to go back to killing of twins, and shedding the blood of innocents for sacrificial purpose
I want you to think again

GOD bless you...our ancestors committed atrocities but i don't blame them coz they did it out of ignorance, thank God for christianity may be i would have been sacrificed to a blood sucking god.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by kenny1313(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2016
We were all socialize into the faith or the religion we believe in with our all. If your parents were Babalawo my brother you for just be young Boylawo.

6 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by emenideen(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2016
U may have disappointed many, but you also gave life to thoughts that lie deep in d hearts of many. Religion, I insist, is a scam. Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether it is good for d society. Morality doesn't comes from religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by kevoh(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2016
Taiwo Gold! Always remain happy in your newly found path!

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by spacyzuma(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2016
segcymoor:

Well, I put it to u that ur search is endless......

Search for what, exactly?
I already said that:
spacyzuma:
As long as humanity exists, we shall keep solving problems. I don't think it's a process that will be concluded. There will always be problems and we will always keep working to solve them.

Trina0936:
Pls don't deceive yourself tongue
I don't believe I am, but maybe you are smiley
A few hundred years ago, very few people have believed that humans could travel faster than sound or break escape velocity or perform organ transplants or have surrogate mothers. These things no longer surprise anyone; they're now the norm.
"Today's dreams are tomorrow's realities."
Have a nice day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2016
spacyzuma:

I already said that:

A few hundred years ago, very few people have believed that humans could travel faster than sound or break escape velocity or perform organ transplants or have surrogate mothers. These things no longer surprise anyone; they're now the norm.
Have a nice day.
Human beings traveling faster than sound or escape velocity is already a potential energy being harnessed by determined people that's all!
Difference between a winner and loser literally is determination! Just cause others couldn't do it doesn't mean they don't have the potential undecided

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2016
spacyzuma:

I already said that:

Have a nice day.
We are talking about creating human life from scratch not fusing of already existing sperm and ovary! undecided
Once more,quit deceiving yourself thanks!
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by leofab(f): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2016
Trina0936:

Pls don't deceive yourself tongue
don't be naive; do you think your great grand father will believe that one day someone in Nigeria can talk to someone in Asia without traveling down??

BTW;

No religion is the New Religion!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2016
leofab:
don't be naive; do you think your great grand father will believe that one day someone in Nigeria can talk to someone in Asia without traveling down??

BTW;

No religion is the New Religion!!!!
Madam we are talking of human life here not technological evolution. Don't be confused undecided
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by xcellinking(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2016
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Well you've made your point and your choice. I'm glad you made it after, according to you, had researched Religions of the world. Meaning you've read the testimony of Jesus and denied Him.

However, God has given us freedom of choice. Deuteronomy 30:19. And there are consequences for choosing wrongly.

As for me, I choose life, I choose Jesus Christ. I'm so convinced of Jesus Christ I don't mind being beheaded for His sake.

God exists, Jesus Christ is Lord and He is coming back.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by SmathGate(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2016
spacyzuma:

I used to believe this, but not anymore
I'm non-religious myself, but I believe that even if humans eliminate religion, we will still have violence and other bad things. Humans are the problem. There's something deep in our psyche and instinct that will make us keep doing bad/evil/violent things to other humans. It's a normal occurrence even among infants.
yes but religion has over the years given human an umbrella to hide under and commit all kinds of atrocities which the religion itself does not preach (e.g boko haram)

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by otswag(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2016
So? Wetin consain me? However, i still dont understand how being a unilag grad Is relevant here.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by bjhandz: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2016
God will open your eyes and understand of his scripture

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
i believe in God but don't believe in religion...
What am i
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by neocortex: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
dermmy:

GOD bless you...our ancestors committed atrocities but i don't blame them coz they did it out of ignorance, thank God for christianity may be i would have been sacrificed to a blood sucking god.

You forgot that your current religion has committed more atrocities
than any other traditional religion in the world.
From burning witches to killing apostates to sacrificing humans
to enslaving millions the list is endless.

Current world morality which is largely based
on reason developed in spite of your mainstream religion not
because of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by leofab(f): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
Trina0936:

Madam we are talking of human life here not technological evolution. Don't be confused undecided
if you and your irks can channel your religious energy and Virgo into humanitarian goal; the world will be a better place... By the way, Man created religion not God..

Worshipping God is something of the heart; a one on one relations with him..

Religion is crowd control.. Y'all can keep living In ignorance...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Brymo: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
leofab:
from your ubiquitous analogy ;if definitely the whole universe was created by a supreme being and couldn't Come by chance; then how did the supreme being came into existence ?? Remember if the supreme being can be by chance then the universe can be by chance too...
how bereaved are you of knowledge. we didn't say our Creator came by chance, for He is the uncreated creator. Furthermore what is chance? This wud be a determinant weda I shud go on wit the conversation or not.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Achorise: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
I can't magine living this life without God.

Everyone should let him be, God never get him time, just one encounter with God, he will carry the bible not Quran.

let him be, you think heaven will be crying for you,

they will only be sorry for you..

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by spacyzuma(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
SmathGate:

yes but religion has over the years given human an umbrella to hide under and commit all kinds of atrocities which the religion itself does not preach (e.g boko haram)

That is true.

However, the same can also be said for politics and education.

No matter the process or belief/doctrine, it can always be used by some humans to control, persecute and commit atrocities against other humans. That's why I believe humans are the problem, not religion.

The main issue I have with most religions is that most of their followers are brainwashed, remain blind to obvious realities, and refuse be open-minded to accept new improved beliefs to improve their societies.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2016
leofab:
if you and your irks can channel your religious energy and Virgo into humanitarian goal; the world will be a better place... By the way, Man created religion not God..

Excuse you??
I never forced you to accept religion did I? Why all the fuss?? undecided
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by daywatcher: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Welcome to FREEDOM. Some of us crossed that bridge a while ago. Thankfully many are waking up to the SHAM called religion. The christians/muslim that choose to cease all ties with you were not really your friend.

5 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Kingfanak:
i believe in God but don't believe in religion...

What am i
You are spiritual grin
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by spacyzuma(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2016
leofab:

Nice. Thanks. I'm not gonna engage that one anymore.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by ever811(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2016
kazuna:
U dont have to believe in God to be a good human.
I, myself, have battled with this severally. Sometimes i think Relgion is a limiter, something that cages ur freewill, something bequeathed to you by ur parents....something the society expects u to belong to.

I had read the bible a couple of times and yet i cant get any conviction. The quoran, i didnt bother. the behaviours of its adherents is enought to turn off ur belief in God.

But then i read stephen hawkingz A brief History of time, its a science essay but surprising it restored my belief in God, an intelligent being out there.

What also solidified my belief in an intelligent Being x the process of decomposition. In my research as a part time lab rat, u see a corpse going via all the stages of death. The insects, their larvae, the gases comng off at different stages....its all design. Watching a corpse go via these is almost beautiful. It makes u appreciate the basics of existence and the need to return nutrients back for other organisms, the need to clean up.....This is design, The Creator is there. He might not have thunderous voice or respond to our every prayer.....but hez there.
I am really educated and encourage by your comment..there is truly a God..
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by azz19: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2016
May Allah save us from this.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by baby124: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2016
I believe in a true God, because I have witnessed some things in the presence of other's and God's work in my life is simply unimaginable. I however have a hard time trusting religion. And I use my common sense with any religion. When pastor or priest says something strange that is inhuman or strange I reevaluate it myself, and if I doesn't make sense I get up and leave the place and never go back.

I think it is the sickening level of indoctrination, and people blindly following other men who just come and say God called them to say and do the terrible things they are doing. God did not call anyone, God is in us. We don't need anyone to reach God or to hear from him and see his work in our lives.

I think when there is a shift from the belief in man and a dangerous God, then we will be fine. God is a good God, a patient God. I don't know if it's a he or she. But I know that God exists. So do forces of the universe exist. These forces are not evil, but they are forces which exist to sustain the universe. The thing is people label these forces evil because they did not get their desired end as a result these forces

You may argue that why does God allow bad things to happen. Well I believe when we lose loved ones, it's either because of our incompetence at science( knowledge which I believe God put in us and has been sacrificed at the alter by over zealots) or it was their time to go!

I have seen and read where in a tornado, father and son are driving, tornado rips through and uproots just the son and kills him. Leaving the father safe and ok. They were side by side. This is a true event and in reputable papers. It leads credence to what I previously said about one's appointed time. It's ok to struggle with the concept of God. You will find your true path, everyone deserves to especially when we have been born into religion rather than walking your own walk and making your own choice.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2016
His choice, is problem
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Brymo: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2016
kazuna:
U dont have to believe in God to be a good human.
I, myself, have battled with this severally. Sometimes i think Relgion is a limiter, something that cages ur freewill, something bequeathed to you by ur parents....something the society expects u to belong to.

I had read the bible a couple of times and yet i cant get any conviction. The quoran, i didnt bother. the behaviours of its adherents is enought to turn off ur belief in God.

But then i read stephen hawkingz A brief History of time, its a science essay but surprising it restored my belief in God, an intelligent being out there.

What also solidified my belief in an intelligent Being x the process of decomposition. In my research as a part time lab rat, u see a corpse going via all the stages of death. The insects, their larvae, the gases comng off at different stages....its all design. Watching a corpse go via these is almost beautiful. It makes u appreciate the basics of existence and the need to return nutrients back for other organisms, the need to clean up.....This is design, The Creator is there. He might not have thunderous voice or respond to our every prayer.....but hez there.
bruh, I laughed. no1 a brief history of time is an atheistic book, what puzzled me about your coming to the knowledge of the truth is that, it is only the Word of God dat could do dat, but if a book that should deepen your assertion of a "no intelligent being" actual brought you to the assertion of one What else can I say, He is beyond human phenomenon and comprehension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Catholic Church In Suleja - Suspect Reveals / Pastor Adeboye Responds To Protesters, Speaks On His Position On National Issues / When You Only Meet Men That Only Want Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.