Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ (37564 Views)

Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / Pastor Dele Taiwo And Doyin His Wife Welcome Their First Child (Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor Dele Taiwo's Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
Proffdada:

who is an atheist? Please read his post and apply common sense

I replied to your post, not his! Apply the common sense you talked about which you apparently lack!!!
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Orikinla(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2016

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Ranchhoddas: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
Trina0936:

They go about unclad cause they don't know any better. I usually see some on tv with just the private genitals covered but the breasts exposed. Even our own history also showed that Africans generally were once like that but look at us today. It is a question of civilisation getting to those primitive areas. Gradually,those kind of people won't exist anymore. As for the pain during childbirth,still is knowledge God gave man to make life easier through inventions.
Even before the administration of the drug,the woman must experience pains from cramps and after birth too.
Exactly. They don't know any better. We know better and not because of any fruit. If you go far back in time you'd see that your ancestors at one point dressed like that. The concept of ''shame'' evolved over time...The epidural process takes away labour pains which is allegedly a consequence of the curse. Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by ZUBY77(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Welcome young man.
I did that long time ago.

I chose to be a good man and not a religious man.
I have been to half of the world and I have seen that they don't cling to one Jesus or one Muhammed for development.
They depend on mere mortals to build roads and produce electricity and schools.

"If your God punish me for doing what he knew I would do before I was born, as claimed by Religion, then he is a cruel God. " Zuby, 2016.

6 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by IrradiatoR: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
SmathGate:
i once said if there was no religion whatsoever on earth that the world would have been better off, there wouldn't have been so much problem with Muslims and christians attacking each other religion everyday. Religion is not what teaches us Good from Bad.

then what about Muslims attacking Muslims and Christians attacking Christians

Problem is with the persons practicing the Religions and NOT the Religion itself

Both Islaam and Christianity Ultimately preaches Love and Peace

Different individuals for selfish reasons take advantage of references to wars or fights as expressed in the Holy Books to perpetrate Evil.
They could easily misinterpret and gullible fellows will FOLLOW BLINDLY

THERE IS GOD
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Proffdada: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
ayoolanr:

I replied to your post, not his! Apply the common sense you talked about which you apparently lack!!!
You're exhibiting complete buffoonery, my reply was based on the fact he mentioned. He's now an atheist
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by ifenes(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
I wish the same for other Nigerians who want to break free from religion.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Esdb3: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
newacca:

Please don't quote me. I quoted the last words of the original poster, which catches my interest. In my own tribe, we don't kill twins nor shed blood of innocent being for sacrifice.

Highque007 www.nairaland.com/3290029/religion-not-problem-africans-problem

Thts the link.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by HighQue007: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
technophile:

you want to go back to killing of twins, and shedding the blood of innocents for sacrificial purpose
I want you to think again

Dont even go there..you making religion seem holy..Christians too make sacrifize just in a subtle way..and when last have you heard about twin killings yet doesnt mean pple of d traditional religion doesnt exist...Christians and Muslims has caused a lot of dealth more than any others so What are you talking about??..wake up pple

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by blackprowler: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
GogetterMD:
Religion is supposed to make the world whole, loving, tolerable and liveable, but no, it's actually the human mind that has decided to not obey what religion tells us of what's good and what's evil

You can't separate morality from religion. Humans birthed politics out of religion. Religion is supposed to help guide human morality, keep the mind from overshooting it's boundary on its path to seeking superiority and glory. But no, most of we humans do away with that.

So it's not religion that is turning the world upside down, it's humans turning the world upside down

You don't know shishi. You're a prisoner of religion and no argument can convince you, so no one should bother trying. Such is the harm religion does to people: it makes them deceive their own conscience

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Thylord(m): 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
Opistorincos:
This is clearly the blindfold of the devil, I will keep praying for you to have a change of heart so that we can all meet in the place of everlasting joy called heaven /AL jannah as my Muslim brothers and sisters call it
why are you doing this to your destiny.you just expose your high level of stew pee the ty.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Angrymode: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
I am science inclined and I also always try to put aside religion in my factual thinking. However, I am ironically of the opinion that the design of the universe is just too perfect to be a spontaneous random occurrence.

There is a GOD and to me, HE is JEHOVAH. HIS name I am not even worthy of calling. We all are HIS children, irrespective of our beliefs.

HE sent his begotten son, LORD JESUS, to die for our sins for the grace we now enjoy abundantly.

Science is based on Facts while Religion is based on Faith. GOD is GOD and Facts are Facts and I happened to believe in both.

Finally, I have not seen GOD nor heard directly from Him yet, but with Faith, I believe that the Existence of GOD is a Fact.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by kingIkay(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
HighQue007:
This generation will make a change..

A lot of things are happening and the world is gradually getting back to thier senses..

Enough of religion tales..Its an embarrasement to human reasoning.

REVOLUTION IS COMING..

I dont believe in Christ and Bible so if you want to proof a point to me dont use either of the two as it will make ur proof baseless may be you should start with the proof How God the most high used his own handwritting to write bible.

Did you know if you were born in india or china, you probably wouldnt be talking about Jesus or bible so for the fact that you didnt chose ur faith, you cant confirm it is the way.

We have well over hundreds of religions all claiming they are the way to heaven.

Abrahamic religion came into Africa through slavery and i am not believing in it cos i seize to be a slave..

Too many unaswered question and if you ask, you are threathened with imaginary hell fire..why would God watch his own creation burn ..i cant serve a cruel,jealous God probably you need to change yours.

Religion has done more bad than good to this earth..

If our governement is good and everything is going on fine our churches wont be crowded as a result of pple looking for miracles that doesnt exist...with the natural resources in Africa, we dont need to fast 40days,40nightes to get a decent clothing and shelter..
.have you wondered why africa is the most religious and same time the most poorly developed, yes Its cos our leaders are bad, commiting attrocities in jesus, allah's name and the victims are the poor masses that needs something to hold on to for hopes so they have to believe in the tale..meanwhie these poor masses out of nothing and trecking miles donate Money to our so called pastors to buy jets and properties,building universities these victims cant even afford.
While these politicians and pastors wine and dine on our vulnerability... The former head of CAN's jet was used to courier funds to SA, who knows many that would have gove unoticed.
Do you know the richest pastor in the world is in Nigeria and yet we suffereing so thats to confirm point..there is a relationship betwee. All of these things but you cant see it cos we are blind by religion.

Like i said revolution is coming..the youths that would be the future leaders are finnaly waking up..

Ah! eleyi ti losi ina mimo
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Opistorincos(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
Thylord:
why are you doing this to your destiny.you just expose your high level of stew pee the ty.

God will bless you sir. Kindly read proverbs 25:21-22, thank me later.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by kingIkay(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
HighQue007:
This generation will make a change..

A lot of things are happening and the world is gradually getting back to thier senses..

Enough of religion tales..Its an embarrasement to human reasoning.

REVOLUTION IS COMING..

I dont believe in Christ and Bible so if you want to proof a point to me dont use either of the two as it will make ur proof baseless may be you should start with the proof How God the most high used his own handwritting to write bible.

Did you know if you were born in india or china, you probably wouldnt be talking about Jesus or bible so for the fact that you didnt chose ur faith, you cant confirm it is the way.

We have well over hundreds of religions all claiming they are the way to heaven.

Abrahamic religion came into Africa through slavery and i am not believing in it cos i seize to be a slave..

Too many unaswered question and if you ask, you are threathened with imaginary hell fire..why would God watch his own creation burn ..i cant serve a cruel,jealous God probably you need to change yours.

Religion has done more bad than good to this earth..

If our governement is good and everything is going on fine our churches wont be crowded as a result of pple looking for miracles that doesnt exist...with the natural resources in Africa, we dont need to fast 40days,40nightes to get a decent clothing and shelter..
.have you wondered why africa is the most religious and same time the most poorly developed, yes Its cos our leaders are bad, commiting attrocities in jesus, allah's name and the victims are the poor masses that needs something to hold on to for hopes so they have to believe in the tale..meanwhie these poor masses out of nothing and trecking miles donate Money to our so called pastors to buy jets and properties,building universities these victims cant even afford.
While these politicians and pastors wine and dine on our vulnerability... The former head of CAN's jet was used to courier funds to SA, who knows many that would have gove unoticed.
Do you know the richest pastor in the world is in Nigeria and yet we suffereing so thats to confirm point..there is a relationship betwee. All of these things but you cant see it cos we are blind by religion.

Like i said revolution is coming..the youths that would be the future leaders are finnaly waking up..

Ah! eleyi ti lo si ina mimo
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by leofab(f): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
Brymo:
I don't know what chance is and please don't pen me to any definition or any context. The God that I know isn't chance and stop being elusive. What's chance for the last time, please I need to know.
i defined chance in your own context;

"Chance is uncreated Creator"..
What uncreated creator means to you is what chance means to me...
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by omjudae: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
To the young man in question I write.

You're not the first person to lay claim to this neither will you be the last. You've mixed two big important things together which are God and religion. From the conclusion you drew that if you would choose religion, it will be that of your ancestors which is IFA and would worship Eledumare. This is very interesting to me. For arriving at that conclusion, you have already believed there's a God but which direction you're to follow you know not.

Yoruba meaning of humans is ENIYAN which means someone that can choose whatever he/she likes. You've made a good decision to be an atheist and you are very happy to have done so. Have you ever thought about the breath in your nostrils? Have you ever thought about how only male and female living creatures exists without the 'third'? Have you had a thought on how the universe is held without pillars and without foundations? How about the necessities of life, how were they made?

You said that you are a product of your father and mother, true! How did their coming together with that drop of fluid became you? There are many things you should have known to convince you that there is a God somewhere behind all these and many more. You've read Qur'an and that is right, but why don't you blend it with the Bible as well and make a comparison before you arrive at your conclusion that there is no God? Partial knowledge is not sufficient. There are many of your type that said it but at the point of death, they realized too late to change! On their death bed, they were warning others about God.

A fool said in his heart that there's no God. It is not a matter of threatening you with hell or whatever, it is the real fact that one day, denying God, not an ordinary God but the Almighty God will bring you to an end you never envisaged, where you will come to face Him face to face in reality. Let it sink in your ears and heart this day that *"it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"*

God will not force you to believe He exist though no one has ever seen Him but through what we have seen with our eyes and heard with our ears and handled with our hands, and felt, I can say categorically without mincing words and without any shadows of doubt that there is GOD who created the whole wide world and every other thing therein. If atheists should occupy the world it then shows that all the men and women post dead and living are fools!

Believe God NOW to your advantage, He has given you the reasoning to reason this out. Many have believed and still believing. No one can know God except through the One that was sent to the world which Jesus Christ the begotten Son of the Living God.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by achorladey: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
The way of man never for once belong to him to direct his step. The reason for man shortcomings. Even the Atheist cannot direct his own step.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by musicwriter(m): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
Let me try to debunk the misconceptions here.

I’m now an atheist. There is nothing to hide anymore. I’ve hid this fact for a very long time now. Before leaving Nigeria, I had confirmed to myself that I lack a belief in the gods of any religion or in the existence of supernatural entities. This is not a decision I made because of the “freedoms” of Germany. At first, I was shocked and scared that I came to this conclusion. I said to myself: “Ayo, you’ve memorized a decent portion of the Qur’an, you can’t do this, you can’t allow the Shaytan(Satan) to use you now, repent and return to Allah”. I however quickly realized that there was no turning back for me.

I have weighed the evidence for the Abrahamic religions(Judaism, Christianity, Islam) and realized that they are no different from the earlier Zoroastrian faith or even Manichaeism.

If the basis of your believe in God was religion, then, you never believed in God to begin with. All religion is simply man's quest to understand and explain God, but God himself has nothing to do with religion.

We are born into this world mostly through our mothers and from birth, we are labelled with a religion, tribe and even social class; we never choose them. I am often amused when people say to me “I chose my faith, I was not born into or forced into it”. This, in my opinion, is a highly dishonest statement. If you chose your religion, why is it that it’s the same religion of your parents/guardians? Why is it that it’s the same religion(s) of your society? Why have we not seen Nigerian Hindus evangelizing? Or Nigerian Zoroastrians? The answer is simply that most of us have not heard of these religions.

This's a big lie!.

Of course, we choose!. Even in Saudi Arabia, some people chose to be christian.

I chose to believe in God out of my own volition. But my basis for believe in God has nothing to do with society or parents but my personal conviction tells me there's a conscious cause for existence. That conscious cause for existence is actually what religion term as God, Allah, Yaweh, e.t.c.

I am not an atheist because I want to sleep with different girls, or spend all my time in a club or become a “bad boy”. I’m an atheist because I know with a high level of certainty that no one knows about the existence of a God; if we knew about a God, we would all have the same idea of him/her/it/them. But the reality is different; everyone believes differently about God. Some think God is male. Others think God is a giant Elephant. Some others think God is on a throne in Paradise. Another set think God has a son and several children. We even have groups that think God wields a hammer and lives close to the North Pole. Which of these ideas is correct? How do we test or validate them?

Again, if religion was your basis for believe in God, then, you never really believed in God, because all along you got the concept of God wrong. And you're wrong that no one knows about the existence of God. I believe with certainty there's God just as you believe there's no God. If you believe I have no proof there's God, then you also have no proof there's no God, because we all have the same evidence. Nature!.

My disbelief in God and religion has made the circumstances very harsh for me. I lost a girl that I really loved. I lost the friendship of close friends. I got a few scary and saddening messages from former friends. I was diagnosed with depression by the psychiatrists at my university in Munich. Only few people know this. I was put on Sertraline Zoloft to curb my anxiety and panic attacks. For me, it was a painful dawn that I became an atheist. I’m lucky I could pass my exams very well in spite of all these.

You caused this depression and other problems by yourself as a result of your decision. So, deal with it.

Out forefathers evolved a belief in God(s) mostly due to a lack of understanding of natural processes during their time. The hurricane, tornado, tsunami came with their full force and our ancestors thought this was because of their own misdeeds. They knelt and bowed to the sky and begged for restraint. They offered each other as sacrifice to appease the entities that were “controlling” these disasters. Today we know how the Coriolis force, tectonic plate motions and so on drive these disasters. We know today that earthquakes are not due to homosexuality or sin but due to converging tectonic plates.

Science doesn't know everything even today!. As a matter of fact, cutting edge science is heading back to philosophy and spirituality.

Some may ask me “now that you don’t believe in God, how would you be moral or good?”. My answer is that morality is not based on religion. If many of us took our morals from religion, we would stone all fornicators around us. We would kill those who don’t believe like us. Morality is evolved; societies that were immoral simply became weaker and died off. They killed each other and looted each other’s property and became weaker ensuring that they weren’t strong enough to defend themselves from warring tribes.

Yes, you're right on that one- Morality is not based on religion. Which is why I said from the beginning that God has nothing to do with religion. Religion cannot make you a good person, it can only help you hide your evil, unless of course you do what Jesus called repentance- which have nothing to do with religion but is a matter of taking a conscious decision to choose to do what's right as opposed to what's wrong.

Some may also ask me “if you don’t believe in a God then how did we all get to this world?”. My answer to this is two-fold. One, I came here through my mother like most of you.

That's only correct, until you explain where your mother comes from.

Secondly, as regards initial existence, I don’t know how it started but neither do you. The only difference is that I’m honest with this answer. How can we know about things that are beyond our conception? What is wrong with saying “I don’t know about the origins of life”?

Let me ask you; if you don't know the answer to a question; does it mean the question have no answer? If religion doesn't give you the answer doesn't mean it have no answer. You may try philosophy, metaphysics, or science.

I’ve been threatened with hellfire as a punishment for my disbelief. What can I say? Who amongst those who threaten have seen such a place? Many of us are afraid of hell and thus stick to religion. Unknown to us, we create a hell in this world for ourselves and loved ones. Muslims and Christians threaten each other with hell but both of them can’t be correct at the same time. Even within Islam, many think the Ahmadis and Shi’ites are hell-bound.

Again, God has nothing to do with religion. Anybody threatening you with hell fire doesn't believe in God.

I think everyone should be free to believe or lack belief in a God or Gods. I don’t criticize others for holding religious beliefs; I only take offence if those beliefs are harmful to other people.

I think that life should be lived with positivity and happiness. Some live longer than others but it’s not enough reason to not be happy in this world.

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion or belief, but you're not more intelligent now than those who still believe in God.

If I ever return to religion, I would return to the religion of my ancestors. I would worship Eledumare through Ifa and I would happily recite the “Odu”(I lack a proper English translation; someone can help) of Ifa and praise Eledumare. Our ancestors were at peace with this before the invasion of the Abrahamic faiths.

All religion are the same man's invention. Neither islam nor Christianity is better than our traditional religion, neither is our traditional religion better than islam or christianity.

I know I have disappointed many, but each person has an individual course to chart in life. I hope that I would be accepted by those that I love in spite of our differences.

Most of all I wish myself a good life ahead!

Good luck!
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by baby124: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
Esdb3:

Your statement is flawed and baseless. 40 people liking it shows we are very far from evolving like I've always feared.

When Bill Gates was asked if he believes in God, he replied 'no'. Like Arsene Wenger(the transfer market clown), he believes WE made it up. Then he was asked if he's taught his kids this - he replied 'No. I and (his wife's name evades me now), make sure the kids attend church. We can't overstress the significance of religion. Its moral significance.' The Taiwo dude mentioned something about being 'born into a religion as the reason why we chose to be religious'. As someone who has flirted with atheism but later concluded that atheists are either dull set of people who want to be free of the moral boundary, or people who have read too much and are confused because of the susceptibility of the human brain to error when making inference or Nigerians who want to show they are 'above the bunch' and who are seduced by the learned outlooks of an atheist because of how atheists have been viewed as read people, - Are we born into a religion? - 'yes'. This is not how to look at things. To get the scope of our different religions, we need to look into history. (God I hate typing into a box!) Let me pick Christian instead of Islam majorly because I was born into that, I've learnt a lot about it, and because I'm not a fav of islam not because of the historical conflict but because of it's setting. The discrepancies in it. I'm not saying christianity is perfect but you can't compare questions over the true colour of Jesus's robe before crucification with whether a prophet that also played general and had 13 wives( a few he married out of compassion) among whom is a girl he boned at age 9 is fit to be regarded as holy........

In the west of Nigeria, the yoruba lands, traditional religions were the norm. The earth just doesn't have history of worshipping a deity that dates back to millions of years simply because we want to. There is a force a part of us can't explain. Ogun, Sango. A lot of idols were on rotation. Our fore-fathers went about worshipping this idols for countless years.
Countless until the bible-baring ones came. We know how they captured some blacks' attention and how those blacks in turn waged wars upon their idol worshipping fathers. Christianity is only existing today because that war was won by you know whom. People followed the bible-baring ones because of some 'signs and wonders'. How dare me?! What the hell!! Did I just bring in miracles?! I have to stop there. See, because rejecting religion is rejecting God and rejecting God is rejecting the spiritual and rejecting the spiritual is really being a damned fool. The bible-baring men defeated your idol worshipping fathers spiritually and that is why christianity won and remains.

It doesn't seem like you don't believe whether God exists. You sound like you want religion gone simply because you think it is affecting Africa. I understand your concern as it is instinctive to find what is wrong with a place that's got things wrong with it. And it is also instinctive to compare what a place has and what it doesn't with other places. A large part of Europe are religious. America was built on religious tenets and the freedom of men. So you see, religion is not your problem here. It appalling when I read statements about how religion is our problem. My friend, RELIGION IS WHY WE STILL HAVE HOPE. I'll link you to an article you are prompting me to write with your comment. Hold a big chunk of your thoughts till you read it.
Actually you have the wrong account of history. Christianity and Islam were forced on Africans. Without adopting Christianity you can't go to school or be entitled to several benefits the colonialists reserved for the Africans. It was also an effective tool and a way to promote slavery. There was a lot of brain washing. Trust me in the bible and Quran you can almost find moral justification for any thing you want to do! Islam spread by the same use of force. A carrot and stick approach. A lot of people converted for survival. And their descendants just followed. It was not willful but they had no choice. Either conform or starve or be killed off. So never say Christianity and Islam won because they were more powerful. That is a very false way of justifying religion. Even the Catholic and Anglican Church have apologized for their role in slavery and colonialism through religion. Educate yourself and stop making false assertions.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by achorladey: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
The day an Atheist look at himself and appreciate his existence then he cease from being an Atheist because a famous writer said, 'God's invisible qualities are clearly seen from things created that denying his existence is inexcusable' .
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by lobiologs(m): 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
There are things that can't be explained in the world, not saying these are works of a greater being, but the universe didn't create itself, surely there was some other hand at work, and this hand could be said to be the hands of God... but we can do without religion, it has become tools to most...
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by psalmade(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Unashamed!!! I'm born again!
Dropped a post on money and christianity.
Check it out
http://infoblique..com/2016/08/the-money-balance.html?m=1
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Fingerprinter(m): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
technophile:

you want to go back to killing of twins, and shedding the blood of innocents for sacrificial purpose
I want you to think again

As if followers of Jehovah didn't do worst in the Bible. Bro read up stories about the slave trade era, how the whites used the bible to enslave Africa, do you even know the cruel things these people did to africans during the slave trade era all in the name of God? What of the crusades? Need i mention more?
Bro killing of twins is nothing compared to all the inhuman treatments followers of Yahweh have meted out on other people in this world

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Fingerprinter(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
leofab:
from your ubiquitous analogy ;if definitely the whole universe was created by a supreme being and couldn't Come by chance; then how did the supreme being came into existence ?? Remember if the supreme being can be by chance then the universe can be by chance too...
Chai, what intelligence!
Nne, I definitely owe you one
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by leofab(f): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
Fingerprinter:

Chai, what intelligence!
Nne, I definitely owe you one
you need it more than me... #cheers embarassed
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by dantori(m): 3:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Ynaira:

Source: http://www.breezereporters.com/unilag-alumnus-renounces-religion-says-i-know-i-have-disappointed-many/

Guess what ? you wanna know God exists climb up a skyscraper and release into air or go deep down Atlantic ocean naked with no aid

YOU WILL KNOW HE EXISTS
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by kan12(m): 3:13am On Aug 16, 2016
Ynaira:

Source: http://www.breezereporters.com/unilag-alumnus-renounces-religion-says-i-know-i-have-disappointed-many/

in bovis voice: Na so this fine boy take go¿ chai Nature why¿
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by cloudgoddess(f): 4:07am On Aug 16, 2016
Brymo:
"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic uninterestingness
as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity
(in the Harvard sense) of saying that the universe just happened to happen and
that when we're dead we're dead?"
-John Updike
So basically, we should believe in things despite where the evidence points, because it's supposedly more "interesting" and "humane"? I can't even wrap my head around this. On what planet is it humane to lie to yourself? What's genius about emotional reasoning?

And it's flawed in the first place to think that the universe should have some sort of "reason for existing" that is immediately relevant to egoic human desires. Almost every hindrance to scientific understanding & damage to our planet has come from human beings wrongly assuming the universe revolves around our species and that it exists to cater to our whims, emotional or otherwise.

We are an inextricable part of this ever-evolving universe, but it follows it's own rules, and no amount of wishful thinking or brainwashing will change those rules. That doesn't make reality any less beautiful though, and as I've said before, it sucks that religious thinking ruins the ability to appreciate the wonder of nature and the universe, because of this ego-pleasing fantasy to live forever in an imaginary world of endless bliss - the epitome of taking the one and only lives we actually have, for granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
this guy is so on point.....grin
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by Weah96: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
The internet will break through the shield of ignorance, even in Nigeria.
Re: Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ by UyiIredia(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
leofab:
aunty don't end up like general Cassandra grin..you should be the one owing to your advice to check what supreme means.. The universe is supreme in its entirety... Not some fantasy daddy!!! embarassed

Another female atheist. And she's pretty too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Pastor Adeboye Responds To Protesters, Speaks On His Position On National Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.