Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (44916 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Codedrock(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
Seun:
What about ugly thing like mosquitoes, malaria, HIV, Ebola and flies that lay their eggs in your eyeballs? What about predators that live to kill? What about African wild dogs that eat their prey alive, subjecting them to long periods of agony before they die? Did God design them too?
Sounds shallow. Mosquitoes have advantages too. Malaria&others =if there ain't sicknesses we won't have doctors.
Predators that live to kill barely kills in this age, everything Is under control not to mention we've been killing them since the beginning.
At the end of day all these make life interesting, unpredictable and in order.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by frank317: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
zyzxx:
know it aren't enough reason for u to hate God, coz u dont no the reason behind her date and it will be poor on ur side just to assume God killed her, may God u are acussing even had warned her ahead of the evil thing, mybe through dreams or so... But she paid no attention who know, make ur findind before u hate Godn

Now you are guessing... Oga people die everyday, so let that b.

Perhaps your own fiance should die let me see how u will see down in the comfort of your home and imagine your God warned her and she didn't hid to the warning, how is that comforting? How does that exornorate him from a confused word he created? Abi na me create the world? For now let's wait till ur own die
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
frank317:

Now you are guessing... Oga people die everyday, so let that b.

Perhaps your own fiance should die let me see how u will see down in the comfort of your home and imagine your God warned her and she didn't hid to the warning, how is that comforting? How does that exornorate him from a confused word he created? Abi na me create the world? For now let's wait till ur own die
Guy! you dey vex o. At least you believe He created the world, so why do you want to hate Him now? why not get to know Him? He would comfort you. He will give you peace.
My condolences for your loss. But remember Jesus said 'it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; it is what comes out his mouth that defiles him'
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by EyeHateGod: 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Guy! you dey vex o. At least you believe He created the world, so why do you want to hate Him now? why not get to know Him? He would comfort you. He will give you peace.
My condolences for your loss. But remember Jesus said 'it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; it is what comes out his mouth that defiles him'
U are a [size=14pt]BIG LIAR[/size] Well that shouldn't Surprise me cause that's what Christians do this days!! For once U where never an Atheist talk less of agnostic If it was b4 that I was still creating threads I will open one to expose Ur sorry Ass Hypocrite
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
DonaTee:

even natural selection is not absolute if not all genetic mutations wouldn't survive.
Also natural selection should not b able to put a stop codon on evolution.
So the space in the knowledge is God? Nmaybe u need to answer this too.. .

Seun:
What about ugly thing like mosquitoes, malaria, HIV, Ebola and flies that lay their eggs in your eyeballs? What about predators that live to kill? What about African wild dogs that eat their prey alive, subjecting them to long periods of agony before they die? Did God design them too?

I think to many questions than just the evidence of a designer if the universe.

More prove will make things easier
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2016
Codedrock:

Sounds shallow.
Ironically, this is a very shallow critique.

Mosquitoes have advantages too.
Name them.

Malaria&others =if there ain't sicknesses we won't have doctors.
If God exists, he must know that sentencing millions of people to death every year and incapacitating many more just to create more work for a smaller group of people is immoral and illogical. Even as a mere human, I can think of many ways to create jobs without killing anybody.

Predators that live to kill barely kills in this age, everything Is under control not to mention we've been killing them since the beginning.
Lots of people have been killed and maimed by animals historically and it still happens, but that's not the point. The point is that deliberately designing animals that must cause great pain and death to other animals in order to survive is cruel and unnecessary.

The point is, people say the universe around us is so beautiful and thus it must have been designed, but if you look more closely it is not that beautiful. There are lots of nasty things in existence which any designer worthy of our admiration would have left out.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by frank317: 8:29am On Aug 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:

The pastor never encountered God simple. It's one thing to know a lot of scriptures. Don't be fooled by outward appearances and theatrics, God reveals Himself to only sincere hearted seekers. That you cannot see.
For your mind.
your God sounds erratic to me, he has no pattern. More confused than confusion. Pls tell me, was Saul/Paul heart sincere when God revealed himself to him?
If someone rightly sees inconsistencies around him and has so many unanswered questions, how does your God want him to be sincere? It seems he does not even understand humans he created.

Yes, I am emotional because I experience the supernatural. Who wouldn't be? I only put up those questions there to prove that I was an atheist with also so many questions. The miracle here is I haven't forgotten those questions but they are not enough reasons for me to leave. This should tell you about the kind of encounter I had. When you experience these things I mentioned in my testimony, the bible says enlightened, tasted of the heavenly gift and shared in the Holy Spirit, you will get a glimpse of His greatness, and the glory that is to come. Then you realise that it is a privilege to even serve Him. I don't expect you to understand anything I said here but the theme of the testimony is you can seek Jesus yourself and get your encounter. Let's see if you will throw it all away for arguments

Stop forcing miracle where there is none. You made the decision based on evidences compelling to you. I know a man who also decided to fill Judaism, he feels the same way you do. It's no miracle, it's all purely psychological. In order words you stopped asking questions, not everyone is that gullible.

[b] I was expecting someone to ask this. No, I don't have all the answers yet and to be honest I am no longer keen on getting them anymore. I am still learning as a christian and haven't read the whole bible yet. Here is what I know now, the old testament tells us about the nature of God, His might and holiness. The new covenant, NT, is love as the only commandment because it summarises the whole law. Christians live by the new testament. God is holy and abhors sin whether Jews or Gentile so whoever does those cannot inherit His kingdom.
I now have the evidence I need that there is God and I have a relationship with Him. If you had noticed, from my Pt 2 post, I said "there has to be some power in this book (bible) it isn't all fairy tales" which infers that I had believed there was power and sought for it or at least protection but I experienced what I never expected, what nobody had ever told me about. So, for me those questions won't change anything and now I understand it is not even enough to make you become a christian. Only an experience will. Once again, call out to Jesus for your experience.[/b]
Nature of God is Holiness? After killing drowning kids and adults to achieve nothing? Of course you don't have any answers... What did u open this thread for? Your God asked to tell us to stop asking? Guy u experienced nothing, u made a decision.

[b]I only said that only to one person. I asked him if it wouldn't be better for him to be an informed anti-Christ who would then know his place in the kingdom of darkness than to be an ignorant one doing the same works of lucifer. As an atheist, I wouldn't call myself lucifer, so I don't know how it would feel but if I had seen this post, perhaps I would get the book and watch the videos and called out to Jesus like the poster has suggested many times and not make arguments in rebuttal where the OP didn't make any.
At least, the OP described how he found Jesus that he claims. About how I feel now in comparison with before, the difference is miles apart. I respond with peace and love in contrast to the anger that I would have replied arguments for God. That's why I understand the vile attacks I receive here. If you read the part 3 you would see where I mentioned 'I was the only one getting worked up and angry over their delusion, not them' But this post is different, it doesn't argue to prove that there is God or not. It only describes a journey to the supernatural encounter of the heavenly gift of God.
And I didn't feel possessed then or the devil leave my body but now I realise those things weren't really me, I was oppressed by them. They made me get angry at people who suggest such things. That's why I say I was in bondage and some people get offended. This is me with a clear conscience that would not avoid watching videos of people who have died and come back to life. Descriptions of hell or heaven and videos about them. As an atheist, I instantly disregarded them without even watching. And until Jesus sets you free from sin you would not know[/b]
I am yet to understand why you were angry as an atheist. You give a very false impression that atheists are angry people. Someone does not believe in your God and you call him angry. Now u experience peace in the midst of death, suffering and uncertainties and you feel it's normal. No wonder Christians are egoistic and self centered, they see an accident and give testimony to thank God for their life even after seeing people die.

Our brain works how we decide to use it, God doesn't possess us where we lose our free will. We are still free to talk, think, and do as we like but we don't because we have experienced His grace and we know He is.

In order words there is a way God wants you to think. He wants u stop stop asking questions and open ur heart to him even when it sounds stupi..d to you. Yet he is not bothered about so many unanswered questions which are bothering the humans he created all by himself.

Lol. I have responded to a post like this here. Was he born with dope? Wasn't he happy as a child without dope? How come he now depends on dope to be happy? His happiness then depends on the availability of dope or the means to get one. You see until you come to the Lord's side you will never know the power of sin and how it holds people in bondage so then they look for all kinds of questions and means to justify indulging in them. Jesus offers victory over sin because He paid the price at the cross.
I wouldn't know that. But no religion offers these things I mentioned in part 3b. Only by knowing Jesus would you know peace and joy even during persecution. It only depends on the unchangeable living God and He promised not to take it away from us. Paul and Silas sang in prison rejoicing. I am experiencing joy and peace like never before in the worst time of our country's history. Christians are many, but true believers that know and fear God know these things.
Try Jesus today.

Lies
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 8:36am On Aug 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Tell me about it. Now you want to deny my experience using your logic. smh Why should I use drugs when I got healed for free? would you take drugs to manage the condition instead of getting cured? And tell me the anti-depressant that cures depression? You guys try so hard to deny to deity of Jesus Christ. I have shared my testimony. What's your story?
I'm suspicious of your claim of feeling better, since it might just be a positive confession based on faith rather than reality. Religion doesn't cure serious depression. I have personally read many stories of people who left the faith because they had depression for a long time and their faith didn't cure them. If your depression isn't so serious, the euphoric experiences of conversion might help (its similar to the feeling of getting your first girlfriend) but it wears off over time. Religion, as a treatment for depression, is not free as you said it is. It is more expensive than psychiatric medication since it demands lots of your time, at least 10% of your income, and the imprisonment of your brain.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by winner01(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2016
Seun:

If God exists, he must know that sentencing millions of people to death every year and incapacitating many more just to create more work for a smaller group of people is immoral and illogical. Even as a mere human, I can think of many ways to create jobs without killing anybody.

Lots of people have been killed and maimed by animals historically and it still happens, but that's not the point. The point is that deliberately designing animals that must cause great pain and death to other animals in order to survive is cruel and unnecessary.
Really? undecided
When people who claim they were once christians disregard God because of the existence of evil, i just wonder.

You may need to see this short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmLVU_nvo8

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2016
You already made up your mind and made your decision that there is no God. You are not looking for answers. You are looking for more questions from my story and responses. I pray you see the light someday. Your decision to become an atheist wasn't born out of curiosity so I understand why you chose to be an atheist.
frank317:

For your mind.
your God sounds erratic to me, he has no pattern. More confused than confusion. Pls tell me, was Saul/Paul heart sincere when God revealed himself to him?
If someone rightly sees inconsistencies around him and has so many unanswered questions, how does your God want him to be sincere? It seems he does not even understand humans he created.

Stop forcing miracle where there is none. You made the decision based on evidences compelling to you. I know a man who also decided to fill Judaism, he feels the same way you do. It's no miracle, it's all purely psychological. In order words you stopped asking questions, not everyone is that gullible.

Nature of God is Holiness? After killing drowning kids and adults to achieve nothing? Of course you don't have any answers... What did u open this thread for? Your God asked to tell us to stop asking? Guy u experienced nothing, u made a decision.

I am yet to understand why you were angry as an atheist. You give a very false impression that atheists are angry people. Someone does not believe in your God and you call him angry. Now u experience peace in the midst of death, suffering and uncertainties and you feel it's normal. No wonder Christians are egoistic and self centered, they see an accident and give testimony to thank God for their life even after seeing people die.

In order words there is a way God wants you to think. He wants u stop stop asking questions and open ur heart to him even when it sounds stupi..d to you. Yet he is not bothered about so many unanswered questions which are bothering the humans he created all by himself.

Lies
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2016
You never give answers to questions I ask. I have shared my story. I'm glad you all read it. The message is clear.
Seun I want to change my profile info o. Please.
Seun:
I'm suspicious of your claim of feeling better, since it might just be a positive confession based on faith rather than reality. Religion doesn't cure serious depression. I have personally read many stories of people who left the faith because they had depression for a long time and their faith didn't cure them. If your depression isn't so serious, the euphoric experiences of conversion might help (its similar to the feeling of getting your first girlfriend) but it wears off over time. Religion, as a treatment for depression, is not free as you said it is. It is more expensive than psychiatric medication since it demands lots of your time, at least 10% of your income, and the imprisonment of your brain.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by frank317: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You already made up your mind and made your decision that there is no God.
of course I have already made up my mind... the question is, what is your God going to do about it?

You are not looking for answers. You are looking for more questions from my story and responses.
Your story has no answer, just the normal round and round talks christians are fund of. You know, i felt it would be worth my while to talk to you, a former atheist. But what am i seeing here? A guy who has put reasoning aside for a decision based on emotions and wishes. You asked many questions as an atheists, right now, have you found answers to them? as a scientists, are discoveries made based on mere wishes and emotions?
besides, let me ask you: making up ones mind and looking for answers, which one comes first?

I pray you see the light someday. Your decision to become an atheist wasn't born out of curiosity so I understand why you chose to be an atheist.
congrats, you have joined the band wagon of wishful thinkers. i dont need your prayer, there are kids suffering in the hospital, some are hungry, chibok girls are being molested day and night, they need your endless prayers. glad you understand why I choose to become and atheist, at least you are the first Christian that seem to be wiser than his God.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Zikdik(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
This individual was never an atheist to begin with. A Christian in doubt of his beliefs, maybe. An atheist, no.
Atheism is a lot more than not going to church or mosque or whatever and regurgitating popular atheistic logic in a bid to appear smart.
It is a state of realization, of mental liberation. The coming to the knowledge of the truth that the indoctrination of organized religion and spiritualism and all forms and kinds of supernatural events and persona are nothing more than figments of imagination. Very few reach that realization and then go back to their vomit.
Have you ever seen an adult who goes back to believing that Santa Claus lives in the north pole and drops gifts in chimneys every Christmas after knowing that to be forthrightly false?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Last response from me. You became an atheist because you lost your source of joy but what you are doing now is running away from the giver of life, hope, peace, joy and comfort. When I said atheism is hollow and empty maybe now you won't understand, I don't know when you became one but soon you will remember this. Let's see if you would look for arguments about how the world started and why God isn't this and that to solve your problems in life.

From your earlier post, you are way more emotional than I ever was. You couldn't even handle the demise, something inevitable, of your fiancé so you overreact here and get frustrated about my story. Some of you don't even know where I'm coming from. This is a testimony. It has uplifted many but you choose to be more frustrated by it. Good luck.

Another thing, just know that you are the only one getting incensed by my posts. I am not even bothered about yours and God isn't too but know that you'll give account of all you do and say in judgement, It's irrelevant if you believe or not, if you don't repent from your ways and accept God. I am at peace and I only told of how I found joy and peace in Jesus. Of how He set me free from bondage of sin now I can discern things you'll never understand in your depraved state.

Ask yourself, what are you trying to achieve? Should I abandon my faith to come join you in anger, frustration and in search of comfort? Do you think I am happy because I encounter no disappointments in my life?

I brought to you all a message of life, hope, peace, love and joy in Jesus Christ. And I know a lot of people are in need of these freely given things, people even commit suicide because they couldn't find these, probably because they were never told. So I shared my story.

Thanks for your comments. I hope it convinces people to look for arguments instead of eternal life, hope, peace and joy especially when in crisis.

frank317:

of course I have already made up my mind... the question is, what is your God going to do about it?

Your story has no answer, just the normal round and round talks christians are fund of. You know, i felt it would be worth my while to talk to you, a former atheist. But what am i seeing here? A guy who has put reasoning aside for a decision based on emotions and wishes. You asked many questions as an atheists, right now, have you found answers to them? as a scientists, are discoveries made based on mere wishes and emotions?
besides, let me ask you: making up ones mind and looking for answers, which one comes first?

congrats, you have joined the band wagon of wishful thinkers. i dont need your prayer, there are kids suffering in the hospital, some are hungry, chibok girls are being molested day and night, they need your endless prayers. glad you understand why I choose to become and atheist, at least you are the first Christian that seem to be wiser than his God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
Atheism is simply unbelief in God/supernatural. Whether you were a christian before or not, it's irrelevant. Once you stop believing you become one. Maybe you guys should get on a mission to properly define atheism. Besides, disbelief in God is learned so every atheist came from a belief system. The answers are out there. If you want to experience Jesus try reading the testimony with an open mind or simply get the non-religious book I described and read for yourself and don't believe anything in there, visit the museum and argue with them. Develop your own story, articulate your journey and get us to read it and so we can make a decision to be mentally liberated and move into this state of realisation. For now, you have nothing.
Thanks for your comment anyway hope you read the whole story.
Zikdik:
This individual was never an atheist to begin with. A Christian in doubt of his beliefs, maybe. An atheist, no.
Atheism is a lot more than not going to church or mosque or whatever and regurgitating popular atheistic logic in a bid to appear smart.
It is a state of realization, of mental liberation. The coming to the knowledge of the truth that the indoctrination of organized religion and spiritualism and all forms and kinds of supernatural events and persona are nothing more than figments of imagination. Very few reach that realization and then go back to their vomit.
Have you ever seen an adult who goes back to believing that Santa Claus lives in the north pole and drops gifts in chimneys every Christmas after knowing that to be forthrightly false?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by frank317: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Last response from me. You became an atheist because you lost your source of joy but what you are doing now is running away from the giver of life, hope, peace, joy and comfort. When I said atheism is hollow and empty maybe now you won't understand, I don't know when you became one but soon you will remember this. Let's see if you would look for arguments about how the world started and why God isn't this and that to solve your problems in life.

From your earlier post, you are way more emotional than I ever was. You couldn't even handle the demise, something inevitable, of your fiancé so you overreact here and get frustrated about my story. Some of you don't even know where I'm coming from. This is a testimony. It has uplifted many but you choose to be more frustrated by it. Good luck.

Another thing, just know that you are the only one getting incensed by my posts. I am not even bothered about yours and God isn't too but know that you'll give account of all you do and say in judgement, It's irrelevant if you believe or not, if you don't repent from your ways and accept God. I am at peace and I only told of how I found joy and peace in Jesus. Of how He set me free from bondage of sin now I can discern things you'll never understand in your depraved state.

Ask yourself, what are you trying to achieve? Should I abandon my faith to come join you in anger, frustration and in search of comfort? Do you think I am happy because I encounter no disappointments in my life?

I brought to you all a message of life, hope, peace, love and joy in Jesus Christ. And I know a lot of people are in need of these freely given things, people commit suicides because they couldn't find these, maybe they had never been told how to. So I shared my story.

Thanks for your comments. I hope it convinces people to look for arguments instead of eternal life, hope, peace and joy especially when in crisis.

good luck being a christian. you think my life revolves around an invisible being? you dont even know what anger and frustration is, you just use the word like its what revolves around you. i have my life to live, job to meet up to its challenges, loved ones to show care, needy people around me to help, relationships to work on, stories to write, and lots of fun to catch. Your nonexistent God is the least of my worries.

you are talking about hope joy and peace just because you are convinced you will go to heaven after you die. You call that peace? thats wishful thinking. Now go into the world and live a life making excuses for the supposed creator of this world.

I am sorry to say this but you actually have nothing to offer... stop deluding yourself into thinking you are happier than me. of course i get frustrated by the evils i see around me... thats how life should be. I cant delude myself to be at peace when my neighbor is sick, rather i will reach out and help.

last week i came across a young girl (about 17yrs) with a baby girl. she was a single mother and looked hungry. I can never be joyful and peaceful seeing her in that condition, its even worst for me when i cant help. But luckily i have been of great help to her for a while now and the gladness in her face gives me joy. thats the kind of thing that makes me happy and not this your selfish feeling that you are better than anyone just becasue you believe in Jesus, i mean WTF.

Tell your God to look at the world he created... its a mess. For thousand of years since he created the world, people have been suffering and going through real pain, both christians and everyone and the best he can do is sit down in the comfort of his heaven and ask people to believe in a jewish man or burn in hell. Even if such a being exists he does not deserve my early morning salutation.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Zikdik(m): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dude is confused.

You still don't get it, do you? No one cares about reading so and so book or going somewhere or doing this or that before you can assert the term atheist to yourself. It is not a title and personally, I hate the term.
It is a state of mind. It does not matter what religion you were or not born into. Realistically, everyone was born an atheist, then some of us got indoctrinated. The same way a kid knew nothing of the tooth fairy at birth, he is taught the myth and then outgrows it. That applies to whatever religion you subscribe to. When you outgrow the myth of it, you come upon the realization that it is what it is, a myth at best. Sadly, you never did. Maybe sometime in the future you will, or not. I really don't care. As long as you do not affect others negatively with whatever it is you believe in, by all means, go ahead and delude yourself. Just do not for one second believe that you were an atheist.

You weren't. Deal with it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Funjosh(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Seun:
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You never give answers to questions I ask.
Ok, here we go:

TheSixthSense:
First and foremost, Seun how can I change my profile info and picture?
You can change it by uploading another one.

And I said if I had one, I certainly wasn't using it. Denial doesn't disprove anything so I asked God to resurrect my spirit.
Why did you do this? What made you feel you had a spirit and it was dead? What is a spirit, exactly, and what can it be used for?

! believe some people are already on the path to getting their personal Jesus experience using these guidelines, as for you, you are simply afraid of what is going to happen if you encounter Jesus. But believe me just once, It is the best experience you can ever get.
I believe your personal Jesus experience technique can work. When I went to OAU, I was a skeptical Christian, I but turned myself into religious fundamentalist in the same way. I asked God to make me more spiritual, and it worked! Then my life crashed and I became an atheist. Heh.

You seem bothered by the definition of atheism. Maybe you should take up a mission to properly define atheism. Vulnerable, insecure or whatever adjectives you may find appropriate. I was still an atheist.
I never said you were not an atheist, so I'm not sure about why you keep bringing it up. Some atheists believe in silly things like astrology.

Call it whatever you want. I bet you would be more afraid than I could ever be as an atheist more so now as a christian that I am secure. Go read the book yourself. Before you talk about fear. It's not expensive to get one. I got mine on Kindle.
Why would I be afraid of things that don't exist, and lies that can be disproved? Here's what a group of atheists wrote after investigating it.

You guys quickly discredit people's experiences only when it is about God, I know why.
But I know you won't do the same for a little girl who would be crying while talking about a horrible rape ordeal.
We're more sympathetic to rape victims because we know that rape is a thing that actually happens in real life, and it can be verified.

Many people can tell who is sincere or not by looking at them.
Then how come fake miracle pastors and other types of scammers are so successful?

Guilt for harmless 'sin' which sin is harmless?
Premarital safe sex. Mental undressing and other sexy thoughts. Self-pleasuring. Lesbianism. Women teaching and having authority over men. Lying to save your life. A girl who got pregnant after being raped aborting the foetus at an early stage. Criticizing the bible's God character.

Depression? Jesus set me free and He will do that for anyone that accepts Him.
Don't make promises you cannot keep. Religion is largely ineffective as a treatment for psychiatric ailments like depression.

I bet you wouldn't go to a war infested zone to do business, but christians that have experienced God would go do the work of God.
Secular organizations like the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders do send people to war zones. Not to preach, but to provide real help.

Atheists have peace but it is always fixed on the passing things of the world. Money, mansion, political or social positions, nairaland, family but what happens when they become outdated or gone? You look for peace elsewhere and if you don't find? Crisis. But our peace as believers is based on Christ the rock of our salvation. For Joy and love, the same applies.
Our emotions should reflect the realities around us. Being human mean experiencing a full range of emotions, both positive and negative. A person who experiences peace instead of fear and alertness in a dangerous situation is more likely to get killed. A person who is joyful when someone has died is likely to get slapped in the face, and rightly so. Your peace, love and joy should be based on reality, not self-delusion.

And atheists don't have joy and love, going by the spiteful responses I got here by some of them.
Stop trolling.

Again, you affirm the after-life by your admission. All these you will be reminded.
That's like saying that Joffrey Baratheon and Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones are real because people talk about them as if they're real.

With this peace, joy and love, life of victory by the Holy Spirit and dominion? Please! what do the [Islam and other religions] have to offer for me to give these up for?
Have you written a letter to ask Allah to reveal himself to you? It may be that He offers all of these things and maybe more. Ask any muslim!

But if you experience Jesus Christ, you would realise the joy in doing the perfect will of God for your life
What is God's perfect will for your life and how did God communicate it to you?

Good luck using your intelligence for your problems. Mine didn't work for me maybe I am less intelligent than some of you atheists but I know what you don't know and I have tried my best to tell you guys to learn and seek to experience what you doubt.
You don't have to rely on your personal intelligence alone. By making use of science, etc, we can benefit from the intelligence of other people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
ADVICE: Never argue with an atheist about the existence of God.
Reason: He/She will get you pissed and might make you curse out, which is the sole aim of atheism and a sin before God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 4:09am On Aug 23, 2016
247NewsUpdateNG:
ADVICE: Never argue with an atheist about the existence of God.
Reason: He/She will get you pissed and might make you curse out, which is the sole aim of atheism and a sin before God.
Hope this was not directed at my last response? I didn't enjoy typing it myself. I forced myself to respond to the stuff I'm usually accused of ignoring, because I thought the thesixthsense wanted me to address each point he raised. Pissing religious people off is certainly not the goal of atheism, I promise.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Hope this was not directed at my last response? I didn't enjoy typing it myself. I forced myself to respond to the stuff I'm usually accused of ignoring, because I thought the thesixthsense wanted me to address each point he raised. Pissing religious people off is certainly not the goal of atheism, I promise.

Noted.
This might end up as a mistake on my part but if I may, what is the goal of atheism?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Codedrock(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Ironically, this is a very shallow critique.

Name them.

Mosquitoes provide food for bats,
Mosquitoes pitch in to help pollinate plants.
Anopheles is the major problem not to mention not all mosquitoes bite. And speaking of Anopheles it's quite rare for its bite to kill you only depends on the kind of environment you are in, which means you as a human should know you should stay away from certain environments.
You know what's interesting about being human is because we were made to think and go through activities daily and in order for that to happen there has to problems we should tackle which is what keeps us living. A perfect world like each and every one of us want it with no problems will be very much crazy.
And back to the mosquitoes matter, since you believe everything is by chance why aren't there mosquitoes and other common flies more dangerous than they are right now? i mean there should have been a chance of us having common flies that just one single bite of theirs would lead to death immediately.
I believe you watch sci-fic movies and you must have seen ones where there are beasts that come from other planets more powerful than us humans that could finish the whole world in a couple days. I mean just by chance creatures like this could have existed too that wouldn't give a space for humans to live.
The fact is we are still living and I believe there could have been a worse case than the one we are in right now but there ain't non is there?

Well, people have to die we were created that way that is why it is "Life" and if we have to die something has got to lead to our death ain't it? Or you think people are not supposed to die while we procreate ? Cos if that's so we will have a world with hundreds of billions imagine how that's gonna look like...
And I think the major fact here is; in as much as the number of death rate isn't more than living rate I believe it is normal. I used to fear death but now if I happen to die by sickness or something I wouldn't blame anybody cos I'm no way better than people who have died the same way.
Any right thinking person should know we live to die so when death comes embrace it maybe all that is the price we have to pay for "life".

And don't use the word "Killing anybody" cos not all sicknesses lead to death.
So let me take a page from your book Seun, would you please tell us a couple ways you can create jobs without hurting anybody.. .

Sirvival. Yeah, survival in some way may be a good thing and other ways a bad thing.
But the world has to be that way don't it? A man feeding on or a lion feeding on a dog or a dog feeding on a rat or a rat feeding on something else is painful
I Pity a lot of animals all the time, I just can't stand watching a chicken being slaughtered or anything that feels pain like we do get killed it is sad. And I really wouldn't justify this cos I didn't create them.
But not all preys get killed and fed on right? Some still live their entire life span dieing naturally.

The point is, people say the universe around us is so beautiful and thus it must have been designed, but if you look more closely it is not that beautiful. There are lots of nasty things in existence which any designer worthy of our admiration would have left out.
NO NO NO the point is this: Atheist should stop using the universe's design to judge the existence of GOD, why? Cos you didn't design it did you? If you believe he designed it bad, as a thinker you should know that doesn't justify his non existence does it? If he existed (which I believe) he could have done it this same way why? cos he is the designer even if he is wrong or right he probably has his reasons.

Don't get me wrong I'm totally not against atheists or their belief I mean they have every reasons to believe there is no God even more than we that believe there is God, if you are a deep thinker and not a fanatic you wouldn't criticize atheists being atheists nor would you think they are stupid cos in reality their belief is more real than yours.
But that's why we are humans right? We choose to believe what we believe.

SO STOP USING DESIGN To JUDGE THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.

(Don't mind my write-up I'm not a genius writer)

Oh God!! This is why I fucki-ng hate arguing online it takes my motherfucking time!! !

Edited. Cc : Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
247NewsUpdateNG:
Noted.
This might end up as a mistake on my part but if I may, what is the goal of atheism?
Atheism is just a lack of belief in God, so atheists have no common goal. In my case, I just want people to stop believing things that aren't true.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Jay542(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Atheism is just a lack of belief in God, so atheists have no common goal. In my case, I just want people to stop believing things that aren't true.
And when you've no common goal there is no basis in their lifestyle/argument. People tend to always believe the easy way, lies or truth.
In my case, I just want people reasonable.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:

You just defined atheism without drawing the keyword from the definition. The generalization of atheism streams from the disbelief in God, which is the common feature(goal) in atheists.

In my paradigm, you don't qualify as an atheist. If you were once a Christian, I presume your change of heart streams from the miracles recorded in the Holy Bible. In that case, you could easily have converted to Islam but with the global terrorism linked with Islam, it would have rung a hell-no if that thought ever sprung.

Anyway, who is anyone to judge? Judgement is for God but oh! I just remembered, you supposedly don't believe in the supernatural entity called God.
Man has freewill so it is only right you exercise yours.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by winner01(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Excercise your freewill while you yet have the chance. In the end, you will realize that this world does not belong to you.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by frank317: 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Excercise your freewill while you yet have the chance. In the end, you will realize that this world does not belong to you.

Lol

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by trapQ: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2016
whats not true??
Seun:
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Omooba77: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

To them that believe all things are possible (true)
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
I think your grrates challenge was you failed to find a true sense of self, principles and moral identity. It seems like you think it's hard or difficult to be a good, balanced and well rounded person outside religion.

You ask me what i have to lose as an atheist simply believing in God, I don't think I should believe in something because of the consequences for not believing, especially when you don't believe in heaven or hell. I cannot be faithful and claim to live my life by something I do not believe.

You also ask how does it feel to not be much better than the witch who killed her child. I contest there is a massive difference, only one who is insane will think it's okay to murder their children. Interestingly enough the first recorded instance of attempted filicide was Abraham attempting to sacrifice Isaac. The only reason why you would think he is different from a witch is because one was allegedly done under gods command and the other was done for the devil. In reality they are essentially the same thing.

Anyway I'm glad something gave you the peace you were looking for. For some of us it's not simply about feeling intelligent..

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.