Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 (10683 Views)

My Visit To Bsquared Kennel (home Of Saint Bernard And Caucasian Shepherds) / A Diary of My Visit to Bada Kennel at Ketu (Lagos state) on 13/Aug./2016 / A Diary Of My Visit To My Uncle's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
A quick one
I am sorry for not updating this information on this thread early: Missy's offsprings ended up as hybrids of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka. When Missy was brought home after mating a Rottweiler stud, the male Cauc in her owner's house got loose and crossed her again. The owner thought the Rottweiler stud's semen will get more priority and do the job, but the result we got was otherwise. Personally, I would fall in love with a Cauc that has the pigmentation of a Rottweiler (especially the mahogany dots by the eyes). I felt this was an opportunity to grab my dream-dream come true...but this opportunity didn't meet any preparation (no finances to cater for it yet), and that shattered my heart. I will keep on waiting patiently, till when opportunity with meet with preparation, and acquire my canine companion.

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
With heaviness of heart, I painfully announce the passing away of Bail, who went to meet the Lord sometimes this week. She embarked on a journey of no return due to the negligence /lack of attention , from the part of the person her owner (Dogman) kept her with-he had to make an unavoidable trip for a while and his canines had to be boarded with "trusted hands".
It was noticed that there was blood deposits on her anal region.
I seriously am gonna miss her jealousy, and her possessive nature, cos she can be so so possessive.
Now, I have a theory about female Rottweilers, and its gonna take a long for me to correct if it where to be wrong:
While in secondary school, a friend once told me of how his female Rott really go jealous of his gf at a point (cos she made her owner give her less attention). The Rott took it a little further by inflicting physical injuries ing his GF without any form of provocation, and no warning at all.
For Bail, it didn't get to that level with me, but when other human company is around us, she is always on gaurd as if she is my guardian. Spontaneous moves from such people used to trigger her protective instinct (since she saw me as a member of her pack).
ADIEU BAIL.

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hmmmm. Never believe I could every type this........ With much bitterness of heart, I announce the demise of Maya, the terrific brindle Boerboel. I found out about 2 weeks ago from Dogman, that Maya had passion on few months after Bail's demise while in care of another person in his absentia. I was showing the video of my recording with Maya when I was with my uncle, who just acquired a female Alsatian puppy. I had to cut the video and vamoose when I say tears forming beneath Dogman's eyelid as he was looking stylishly into the sky while explaining what happened, to my elderly uncle.
In the abode I sought solitude, I myself was almost crying cos I had connected with Maya, she was a dog one can vouch for, that will readily lay its life down for one's own, should incase the need arise. She was full of energy and life.... The most energetic dog I have ever seen till date. Loving and charming yet gentle. Protective, playful, non terrestrial, yet security conscious.
Adieu Maya, Adieu Bail

1 Like

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 2:22am On Feb 11, 2018
Never knew I will still visit this thread. I was seeing a movie this evening, just after a very tiring day which was influenced by the Hustle and Bustle of the day. Access Bank organized #RunLagos, which is basically a running competition today. Traffic was crazy, and I was "hearing" funny comments in the bus today when the bus had to be on a standstill for almost 3omins, wasting productive time. I heard remarks like : Must the race be organized in Lagos? Is Lagos the only state that Access Bank is located? Why can't it be held in the north esp Maiduguri where LGAs are kilometers apart from each other? Why can it be held on a road like the one between Saki and Oyo in Oyo state, where you get to see maybe one car in 2 hrs? The crazy thing was that the guys making this comments were very hilarious and the whole bus was filled with humour. One woman sarcastically commented on how her daughter of less than 5years was able sleep comfortably while sweating under the profuse heat in the poorly maintained bus. A part of me was saying they were all blabbing cos their opinions is holding no 'waters'. The deed has been done, and nothing can be done to undo it.
Back to the topic of discourse.... I decided to see a movie on my laptop (which is gradually turning to a desktop cos it is getting immobile bit by bit cos of it screen that can't shut.... Flex issue). The title of the movie is MEGAN LEAVEY.
It was about a lady that wanted to get away from the hard time she was experiencing, and joined the army. Along the line, she found herself in the canine unit, and loved the job more. Her task was to be a dog handler who control a dog that detects bomb, explosives and other dangerous things in an hostile scenario. As one of the canine handlers said, "Many atimes, we are in the front of the Frontline during an assualt. We carry our bag packs hold on to our rifles, and then still hold on to the leash of a dog who is pulling against it most of the times". In other for Megan to be effective on her job, she needed to bond with Rex, an aggressive Alsatian she was assigned to. It got a little though but she over came the barrier over time. She so much bonded with Rex that two scenarios intrigued me. First was when the got hit by an explosive, her very next concern was her canine partner's safety before her colleagues', as she was chanting Rex's name repeatedly before a colleague came to drag her off danger. The other one was when she fell of a vehicle that was evacuating her while in motion... Rex ran out of the moving vehicle and stayed with her. The level of bond was at its height. She tried to order Rex into the vehicle for its safety but he vehemently declined the order.
Megan resigned and Rex was to be retired, she tried all her best to adopt him. Her life was totally incomplete without him, and at that point, it was as it a scenario between me and the canines in Dogbreath Kennel was playing out, especially with Maya. Few drops of tears raced down my cheeks and I felt like owning a dog instantly. The bond was great, and she felt like a part of me already. She knew what I would require of her, and vice versa, but the powerful Jaws of death got a sizeable grip of her. My time with the dogs really when a long way in recovering from a broke relationship, and my separation from them was like the reopening of a healing wound. It was (and is a painful) experience that I have been battling for almost 2 years now, that is healing at a very slow pace.
I sure will own my own canine someday. I definitely would, and I will make sure I get a progeny of Ken, Maya, or Bail. I just might even get a progeny of all of them by God's grace when I am much loaded cashwise.
I had to stay awake 30mins extra to compose this write up cos I just realised how much I missed them, and how worthless their influence can be in one's well being. Can't wait to own a dog I can call my own.
#Paw-sify
#CanineCompanionship
#DogsAreLoyalFriends
#DogsNeverBetrayGoodOwners
#ThereAreNoBadDogsOnlyBadOwners
Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by Immanueladebol(m): 4:08am On Feb 11, 2018
okikiosibodu:
Never knew I will still visit this thread. I was seeing a movie this evening, just after a very tiring day which was influenced by the Hustle and Bustle of the day. Access Bank organized #RunLagos, which is basically a running competition today. Traffic was crazy, and I was "hearing" funny comments in the bus today when the bus had to be on a standstill for almost 3omins, wasting productive time. I heard remarks like : Must the race be organized in Lagos? Is Lagos the only state that Access Bank is located? Why can't it be held in the north esp Maiduguri where LGAs are kilometers apart from each other? Why can it be held on a road like the one between Saki and Oyo in Oyo state, where you get to see maybe one car in 2 hrs? The crazy thing was that the guys making this comments were very hilarious and the whole bus was filled with humour. One woman sarcastically commented on how her daughter of less than 5years was able sleep comfortably while sweating under the profuse heat in the poorly maintained bus. A part of me was saying they were all blabbing cos their opinions is holding no 'waters'. The deed has been done, and nothing can be done to undo it.
Back to the topic of discourse.... I decided to see a movie on my laptop (which is gradually turning to a desktop cos it is getting immobile bit by bit cos of it screen that can't shut.... Flex issue). The title of the movie is MEGAN LEAVEY.
It was about a lady that wanted to get away from the hard time she was experiencing, and joined the army. Along the line, she found herself in the canine unit, and loved the job more. Her task was to be a dog handler who control a dog that detects bomb, explosives and other dangerous things in an hostile scenario. As one of the canine handlers said, "Many atimes, we are in the front of the Frontline during an assualt. We carry our bag packs hold on to our rifles, and then still hold on to the leash of a dog who w is pulling against it most of the times". In other for Megan to be effective on her job, she needed to bond with Rex, an aggressive Alsatian she was assigned to. It got a little though but she over came the barrier over time. She so much bonded with Rex that two scenarios intrigued me. First was when the got hit by an explosive, he very next concern was her canine partner's safety before her colleagues', as she was chanting Rex's name repeatedly before a colleague came to g drag her off danger. The other one was when she fell of a vehicle that was evacuating her while in motion... Rex ran out of the moving vehicle and stayed with her. The level of bond was at its height. She tried to order Rex into the vehicle for its safety but he vehemently declined the order.
Megan resigned and Rex was to be retired, she tried all her best to adopt him. Her life was totally incomplete without him, and at that point, it was as it a scenario between me and the canines in Dogbreath Kennel was playing out, especially with Maya. Few drops of tears raced down my cheeks and I felt like owning a dog instantly. The bind was great, and she felt like a part of me already. She knew what I would require of her, and vice versa, but the powerful Jaws of death got a sizeable grip of her. My time with the dogs really when a long way in recovering from a broke relationship, and my separation from them was like the reopening of a healing wound. It was (and is a painful) experience that I have been battling for almost 2 years now, that is healing at a very slow pace.
I sure will own my own canine someday. I definitely would, and I will make sure I get a progeny of Ken, Maya, or Bail. I just might even get a progeny of all of them by God's grace when I am much loaded cashwise.
I had to stay awake 30mins extra to compose this write up cos I just realised how much I missed them, and how worthless their influence can be in one's well being. Can't wait to own a dog I can call my own.
#Paw-sify
#CanineCompanionship
#DogsAreLoyalFriends
#DogsNeverBetrayGoodOwners
#ThereAreNoBadDogsOnlyBadOwners
Had to stay up to read your posts from beginning till the end,You sure have a good nack in writing and could easily convince one in owning a canine, Sorry about the deaths. Am also looking forward to owning a dog and a kennel(maybe). Thumbs up bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2018
Immanueladebol:

Had to stay up to read your posts from beginning till the end,You sure have a good nack in writing and could easily convince one in owning a canine, Sorry about the deaths. Am also looking forward to owning a dog and a kennel(maybe). Thumbs up bro
Thank you brother your kind words, they are flattering
Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4981061/diary-caucasian-roscoe/8#83899644
Came across these write up today, they are worth archiving
IamAnderson:

not chaining or caging your dog doesn't make it a coward, I don't know how that theory came about.
even if your dog is free 24/7 if the dog is mature enough and an aggressive breed from a good bloodline it'll still end up aggressive. what's the difference between locking it in a cage and leaving it in an enclosed backyard?, isn't it still basically the same thing only that the space is smaller?.
just allow the dog to grow up, 7 months is still young with time it'll pick up, you can also help by engaging the dog in play that'll help boost his confidence like;
* tug-of-war(let him win sometimes but struggle for sometime so he'll think he won fairly).
*you can play rough play with him too, get him excited and pad your hands if he can't control his bites and wrestle with him(I didn't say fight ooh, let it just be play, he'll know you're playing too, sometimes he'll be growling and attacking you playfully that means you're doing it right)
* you can stage break-ins... that works too, if you have a friend that'll agree you can chain him where he'll see the gate and let the friend enter and collect something from the compound or pretend to harm you and see his reaction, this one should be done when the dog has started barking already because it'll give the dog more confidence to bark at people.
when the dog barks at the person or tries to attack then the person should run away, then you congratulate and praise the dog or even give a treat, if you do this the dog will start barking at or attacking anybody that enters your compound or tries to pick anything from the compound fearlessly with time.
these things usually work as confidence boosters with dogs, it helps conquer fear of strangers and also boosts their distrust and hatred for intruders, you can try them out and see if it'll work on your dog, I used all of them

https://www.nairaland.com/5451854/chronicle-rex-roxy/1#84004302

Dreazy23:
Hello petlanders,
After much thinking and reflection, I realised that Roxy’s Death is all my fault.
Knowing she loved food, it never occurred to me that we needed to train them on food refusal.
So, right now I’m going to write down steps on how to train your dog on refusing food.

I do hope that this helps a dog lover someday and also opens our eyes to threats our dogs face.

The leave it command

Show your dog a treat in one hand.
Allow him/her to sniff it but firmly command him, “Leave It”
If your dog obeys and stops sniffing it, give him a treat using your other hand. If he shows lack of interest in the food, do the same. That way, he learns that he must learn to control himself.
If your dog tries to grab the food, repeat the command until he listens. If he does, give him some praise and other forms of rewards such as petting or stroking.
Repeat the process until your dog learns. When your dog has learned this initial technique, make the training more challenging.

You may place the food on the grassy part of your garden and then give your pet a moment to sniff the treat. Immediately, put a cover on the treat and tell him, “Leave It”
If he obeys and becomes disinterested with the food on the grass, reward him with a treat using your other hand. If he doesn’t obey, restrain him by putting him on the leash so he gets distracted from the food.
The next time around, toss a treat on the same grassy area and let him sniff it. This time, don’t cover the food but instantly instruct him, “Leave It” If he follows you, come to him and give him a reward.
If he doesn’t follow, repeat the initial step of showing him the food in your hand. Let him learn to obey and reward a good behaviour. Then move on again to the challenging step.

After your dog has learned to obey your “Leave It” command, you may ask help from your neighbours or friends who are willing to help you train your dog. Ask the stranger to toss a chunk of fresh meat or hot dogs in your presence. Give the “Leave It” command before your dog goes to sniff it. Keep doing this with the same neighbour or other strangers until your dog learns not to eat from strangers.

Move on to the next step. This time, let him learn that you’re always on the lookout. How? Let the same person do the tossing of food stuff a few times and every time that happens, be quick to command your pet to “Leave It!”until your dog learns not to eat from strangers. Before your dog can make a move, blurt the command and repeat the process. This way you’re teaching your dog that you’re always watching and he realizes he must always follow. Don’t forget to give rewards that he likes.

Tip #6: Have a Designated Place for Food

Another way to train your pet to refuse food from strangers is by designating a place for his regular chow. You decide a particular place or corner and a bowl for his dog food. Your training should teach him to eat from that same bowl and same spot all the time. Start by placing a treat on an area near his bowl and before he sniffs it, say “Leave It”or “No!” Reward him if he follows. If he doesn’t, stop the training and place some treats in his bowl and let him eat. Then repeat the process of placing food near the bowl and prevent him from sniffing or getting near until he gets the idea.
Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Man propose, God dispose. Dogman at the beginning of the year informed me on the additions to his kennel and I have been salivating on my experience with the strangers that will turn friends in the squeeze of a lemon. I had it planned out perfectly. I had booked my leave for that purpose and I was to spend my birthday there with the new Canine companions esp since a GSD bitch littered recently but corona epidemy had it technically disrupted.
Looking at the brighter side of it.... I am preserving my leave days.
By the way, today is my birthday. Happy to me.
I drink on two occasions, when it's my birthday and the other is when it's not my birthday grin
I drink water cool

1 Like

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
My mentor has acquired 3 new canines... Spent this week with them. Will come and update the thread when I have energy.. This covid jab I take today, dey weak person.

1 Like

Re: A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2021
After pouring much energy into an update here, I was banned for 2days. Got released few days ago morale has been shattered. Will try a comeback after a garner effort energy
Till then, #WeMove cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friends Dog Was Humping On Me / Yesterday Was World Rabies Day; All You Need To Know About Rabies / Belgian Malinois Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.