Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (20685 Views)

Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Relationship / Religious Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by xage(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
chiedu7:
My Advice is to follow Jesus that is ALIVE.
Mohammed is DEAD and BURIED!

The dead cannot help, only the living can.

Think about it, who would you rather emulate?

Jesus who has no sin?

Or Mohammed who married 6 ur old baby gal?

I'm happy to read a comment like this, chiedu7 is similar to the OP who claims to have knowledge of Islam just because they were born by a Muslim father, they believe Muslims worship Prophet Muhammed (ASW)

Honestly, billion's of people boast of knowledge of Islam yet their ignorance is amusing.

to the atheists...

1. If Allah/God does not exist, how come you do?

2. Who is your mother, how did you know she's your mother?

3. If there was life after birth, who says there won't be life after death?

none of these so called atheist can answer these questions. Finally @ Op PM me and i will convince you in just a 5 minutes phone conversation that ALLAH created you and He deserves your acknowledgement and worship.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by lisa757: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
@op.

please let me know the class ur thoughts are.

1. the class that believe their is NO God anywhere or

2. the class that believe their is A God somewhere but all our religions are fake.

I need to know...to know were my argument begins.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
yorex2011:
You are asking questions, of which you will get replies based on sentiments and opinions.
You need to find these answers yourself.
What you have experienced, People experience everyday...
Nothing will ever hinder you from being who you want to be,
If you want to change the world, it won't matter your religion,
Thieves go to church, there are atheists who kill people as a day job.

We all have a mind of our own, no one was created as an extension of any other person.
Do something because you want to do it, believe in something because you want to and not because someone told you to.
Find peace knowing you are in control of your life and happiness.

This is all the OP needs to read. Finding answers by oneself. My folks and people around me know how opinionated i am. I actually have my own belief system. My own 'christianity'. It baffles people.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Petroking: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
You make me laugh after reading your write up. I had very good friends who were always churchy but they still had First Class in Engineering during my set. They were deeper life and mountain of fire members and usually travelled for crusade and all that. I just believe you failed to differentiate your timing. There's time for everything even the Bible says so. Your timing was wrong. It's not about religion or being too churchy my observation though.

Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by nnamdizen(m): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
Sorry about the loss of your parents. There's no good evidence for the existence of God. We must rely on ourselves and each other to succeed. There's no need to waste your time trying to cultivate a relationship with, or to totally submit to, a person whose existence is unverifiable.
Due to the direction the world is headed, it will be very difficult to have faith in anything or anyone for that matter .But if one can take a quite stroll into his soul ,what most people call "soul searching" he will discover that religion has nothing to do with his believe of the existence of the creator.

Everyone is entitled to what they choose to believe, just as long as it doesn't conflict with your concience.[b][/b]
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Solomyn(m): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
My brother... Listen you need help and the answer you seek lies in the word of God. Yes it might be complicated but pray for understanding and he will grant you while u are reading his words. The bible is simple in context to understand. Remember whatsoever you do in life you will account for it all....

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by jogsman01(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo
i will urge you to watch the film titled RELIGION AND BELIEF.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by MicroBox: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Please OP don't get more confused and lazy, be open minded and ask about your doubts from religious scholars who are far better in knowledge. We have about 1 billion Hindus which makes up 13.95% of world religion, and if I may ask you, have find any Hindu worshiper around you? Every religion has its own point and fact their followers hold on to. Atheism is laziness and weakness and for the lazy minds.
Every religion God have its own way of testing it's followers , that why the word Prayer comes into existence. My friend don't be a weak person, Read! Read!! and Read alot.
If there is witch, definitely there is God and that means there is a supernatural world.
If you believe that there is Ifa Oracle which people consult, then why is it difficult for you to believe that there is God.
Why do you think there is a war against Islam all over the world? because the heart of a Muslim cannot easily be swayed. The New World Order will actualize after winning the war against Islam.Chritianity is so free and diffused, I bet you if every Christian would adapt the doctrine of deeper life Strictly then there will also be a war against Christianity by the New World Order advocates.
Please research and ask more question about Islam, forget about the name tag on Islam.
The agenda of the New World Order is to crave the way for coming of Dajjal (antichrist).Islam is the religion that stand against that, and they can't win the war against Islam so they devised a propaganda war, wanting to stop new reverts. Please after life matters a lot. ..

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by OGGS2000: 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
You got it earlier but am afraid you are getting confused also. There is a supreme being God. As many people and race that are created so they all have their unique ways of interacting with God. The fact is despite one's level of education and foreign language proficiency one had acquired, you still feel relaxed and comfortable the most when talking with your parents/siblings in your native language. Same way we would have felt if we were to interact and warship God in our native way (traditional religion). But that is not to because of our desire to embrace anything foreign to the detriment of local ones. Recall that all the options here are foreign , Christianity, Islam and earthiest. If your confusion is that the Asians that brought these modes of worship did not tell you what will happen to African traditional religion and its worshipers then you have to wait for a long time. The first question you will ask yourself is did they know that there were people leaving in this part of the world the time those religious books were written? Does the African traditional religion say any good thing about Whitman's religion?.
LordCenturion:

Guy, u are not the only one in this mess, although my Dad is a Muslim while my mum is a Christian and I have both parents (sorry for the losses), I have knowledge of both religions, but to be candid they are not helping humanities, I quit religions this year, and will renounce it by next year, although I believe that there is supreme being who created everything, who doesn't need our worship, that's the way I view that supreme being, if he does have religion, we would have had single religion, besides that, religion was created by humans just because we have free will,there is no hell fire for the destruction of souls, we will reap everything we sow in this world either by untimely death or so ever, hell fire was created by humans,. The supreme being am talking about has given us everything we need to survive in this world, it's just left for us to discover it , but we are too lazy to discover it, especially we Africa all because we want miracles, we are searching for miracles, why kumuyi, adeboye, oyedepo and all those old pastors can't be compare with tb Joshua and this new generation pastors (Chris Okafor, fufenyin omowomo etc) in terms of miracle, why new generation pastors does more miracles than those old pastors, is it that their sources of power are different or something, are they worshiping different gods? . Actually every regions have their own religions and believe but we Nigerians leave our own believe for foreign believe, we leave our own culture and language for foreign ones, we promote and value foreigners religions and culture than our own, I just believe that there are some powerful people in this world or scientists or something that knows the secret of this world, but they decide to keep it because of religions and for the peace of the world,i know that the world will soon wake up through our generations, our eyes are now opening, some pastors and imams knows that religion is a lies but they keep promoting it in order to get what they want

3 months ago, there is one guy that put something on nairaland here, it's revealed some hidden secret about this world, at least, his work is still better and understanding than Quran and Bible,I think u will find 70% of ur questions there, here is it https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos take ur time to read and follow the guy written everyday because he post those things daily and he says he gonna complete it by 2018,.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by moski5(m): 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Davo93:
@Memesticmeme,

Firstly, let me say you are a very strong fellow. Events in your life may not have been pleasant, but you still made some reasonable progress. Also, let me add that I am sorry about your parents.

Now to the issue you raised. I won't whip up sentiment here and that is why I will also want to agree with the second commenter here. For me personally, when I hear or read comments from the agnostic, what kills any notion they tend to present is the fact that my life couldn't have gone the way it has, if there is no supernatural being who rules in my affair.

The challenges in your academic pursuit may be due to several things and not necessarily due to your being 'churchy', just like you have raised. Having said that, it is important to note that anything that is taken in excess has a potential to be damaging. When religious activities take over the place of academics, one may find himself/herself in a bad academic situation. Not just religious activities, same thing for too much of socials and all of that. I have an experience too in this area when I was in the Uni.

From what I can perceive, those you have been exposed to in your early stage of life (your agnostic friend(s) may have unduly capitalised on the challenges you faced (parents & academics) to veer your belief. My dear, there is hardly no one without his/her turbulent stage of life, the only thing is the difference in the level of storm. Even with this, strong people like you overcome them and those unpleasant moments end up adding to the 'CV of your life', which is arguably one of the rare life impacting qualification that you need.

Don't be deceived nor dismayed. There is God!

BTW, I appreciate the fact that your education is relatively quick. Already doing your Youth Service at 20? Kudos... Your God needs you to impact your generation positively. Don't be swayed dear!

Adding to this Memesticmeme

religion is one of the challenges facing mankind today and mind you its done more harm than good some people would Claim

Anyways even though I'm neither religious nor an atheist

I do have Certain beliefs

1. there's GOD
2. HIS WORD IS ABSOLUTE
3. HIS WORD BECAME FLESH
4. HIS WORD HAS A NAME... JESUS

interestingly I'm told the Koran agrees with the above

There's so much science can't explain, interestingly science is not creation' Science is discovery. would love to say more nonetheless You can reach out for your self I'm curious to see how it goes SHALLOM

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Respect55(m): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
It's just unfortunate I dnt know wat to say.

But aldsame, I'm following
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Pamelayoung: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sorry to say this but you put urself in ds state of dilemma u are in. Didn't u read in ur bible that you shld not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever why? Cos they're capable of messing u up and that's wot u have gotten.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by hopefulLandlord: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
xage:

none of these so called atheist can answer these questions.

Haha, maybe you should take a step back, take a deep breath and look at all the atheist-theist arguments, you seem naive
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by anochuko01(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The ones that failed nko?
Did you read my post at all? The answer to your question is in the post you quoted....WHICH IS THEIR LACK OF WISDOM.
If you aren't satisfied with it, you can tell me.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Arjeeni: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello brother am so pleased to offer you this and firstly sorry for the loss of your Mother.
Allow me to start with this.......
( The world stands to exist today because God sustained it existence with RELIGION).
If anyone ever try to convince you that religion is fake then ask them to proof their genuineness. God has never been pleased with anything else but worship only him without associating partners.
Go back to the history, when Adam and Evi was created, they were commanded to worship God as mean to appreciate His blessings this happened after they error in the Garden.
Now on the earth, Adam practiced religion so did some generation after him but the later went astray and idolized system of worship this continues till God decided to perish them at Era of Nuha with water, you know how it went?
Then come another set say Abraham at close range runs on till Musa and the Jesus, you have to ask yourself this question: Did all prophets of God come just to make fun of us and go, if not what is the purpose of their expedition?
OK let us think of the right religion on earth as it was not atheist for sure, not idols and pagan but a rightly guided one by Almighty.
If you convince that religion is true and compliment our existence on earth then the search for right one becomes necessary.
I don't want to mention one for you, you have the right to strive for saving your soul of the torment hereafter or doing nothing about it.
I must tell you that, devoid of all sorts of noise here and there you are well equipped to know the right religion without looking at those practicing it because if you judge a religion base on what the people practicing it does, you will not get there.
Peace be upon you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Esji80(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

Yes there is God -Allah the creator of the heavens and earth, and all that exists.He created your mother and father and also take their lives when their time is due.All livings are mortals.Kullu nafsin zaa'ikatul maut thumma Lana turja'uun.Everybody will be judge according to their deeds in this world on the day of resurrection.

He sent His Prophet Muhammad pbuh to all mankind and jinns with a message(Islam) that they should worship none but Him and ascribe no partner to Him.Muslims believe in Allah and all the Prophets of God including Jesus(Isa) pbuh

Yes there is hell(Jahannama,Saira etc) for those who did not follow the teachings or disbelief.There is also paradise (Aljanna) for those who believed and do good deeds.
Ap

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

I have much for us to talk, please message me on whatsapp 07039621315
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by victorazy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

I couldn't finish the reading because is obvious ur still a kid, you don't even know what ur doing, how can u know the God ur serving. I think the spirit from ur father's house is casting spell on u.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Feanah(f): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
OP sorry about your dilemma,we do get confused in life.I believe in God,I'm a Muslim.Why don't you try and get a very clear understanding of the religion from proper muslims?there's an online university with a free diploma course which explains Islam in details to the new Muslims,as it should be.
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/diploma/
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Ranchhoddas: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
anochuko01:

Did you read my post at all? The answer to your question is in the post you quoted....WHICH IS THEIR LACK OF WISDOM.
If you aren't satisfied with it, you can tell me.
I am not. What of the ones that also excelked without going to any fellowship. Tell me also about the clubbers and the party animals that still had excellent grades.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by bapullow: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sorry for ur loss, Dude theirs God, God sent only one religion which is Islam, so Prophet Moses, Jesus and Muhammed peace be upon them all, priest Notting but Islam, Christiaism, Judaism, budism, and Hinduism Infact any ism is Man made religion, for more information about existence of God visit the site ihttp://english.truthway.tv/zakirnaik/index.htm, http://ilovezakirnaik.com/videos/index.htm lt's will clear u doubt pls download this topic
1. Quran and bible in the light of science
2. Is Quran God
3. Similarities between Islam and christianity
4. Concept of God in the Major Religion
5. Quran and science
6. Is God exist
7. Prophet Mommed in various religion scripture
8. Was Jesus really crucified?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

You need to know that God exist.
I have witnessed where demons are being cast out of human and belive me the words of God from his Holy book truly work wonders.
Considering Christian and Muslims..
Have you for once reason why All the prophets mentioned in the Quran are also present in the Bible.
The Quran mentions all these prophets, the same way Bible mentioned and corrected many laws of Moses.. So did Muhammad and the Quran came to perfect and guide mankind.
Allah knows best.
I pray Allah guides you towards the right part

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by victorazy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
Petroking:
You make me laugh after reading your write up. I had very good friends who were always churchy but they still had First Class in Engineering during my set. They were deeper life and mountain of fire members and usually travelled for crusade and all that. I just believe you failed to differentiate your timing. There's time for everything even the Bible says so. Your timing was wrong. It's not about religion or being too churchy my observation though.

No mind the boy.
I stopped because he souds childish.
Make he no come spoil my mind or provoke me.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by chiedu7: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
xage:

I'm happy to read a comment like this, chiedu7 is similar to the OP who claims to have knowledge of Islam just because they were born by a Muslim father, they believe Muslims worship Prophet Muhammed (ASW)

Honestly, billion's of people boast of knowledge of Islam yet their ignorance is amusing.

to the atheists...

none of these so called atheist can answer these questions. Finally @ Op PM me and i will convince you in just a 5 minutes phone conversation that ALLAH created you and He deserves your acknowledgement and worship.

I follow Jesus that lives and went to heaven in the full view of his followers!

Acts 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Unlike ur mohammed that is not in heaven.

If he were a prophet he will know his destination when he dies

Sura 46:9 "I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS).

Why not follow the Jesus who lives and heals the sick, which allah cannot.

Feanah:

Just to clarify things..Muslims don't think Muhammed is God and don't worship him,he's the final messenger.It seems like you think Muhammad is to Muslims,what Jesus is to Christains.Islam is completely Monotheistic.I'm not looking for an argument ;just telling you because from your post,it seems you think Muslims worship Muhammad,except if I interpreted it wrongly.

Moslems worship mohammed, thats why you say that anything against mohammed is blasphemy.

You can only blaspheme God, never a man.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by WebSurfer(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
mastermaestro:
undecided

This will convince you!

Flog that seun guy very well, with this

If he ban me, i wee deal with him grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Mazeed(m): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hi! Sequel to what i have red so far, as the saying goes seeing is believing, most people tends to believe in what they see and perhaps make incredible what they see not. I believe in the existence of the Almighty creator for he alone has made the entire universe and galaxies,' and to prove to the atheist that god exist, who provides you with rain, who makes the Sun to rise and set, which scientists have been able to create human like your self. Very well these are things no one can ever do except the one and only creator of the universe. Never let your free will lead you astray. Religion is the best thing ever been favoured upon mankind. Make a research, life does ends here it continues after a shot moment of amusement and play. The afterwards is the reality of your living here.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by 989900: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
Atheism: st00pidism.

Agnosticism: doubtingthomasism (cautious).

Cold Deism: practicalism.

Warm Deism: realism and openmindedism

Theism: traditionalism.

Religionism: relatively borderlinezombieism

Never mind, deep, deep, down, it confuses everyone.

I like 'warm deism', the well structured universe/multiverse, and some recorded mysterious happenings aligns with 'warm deism'.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by upuphim(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
When one makes up his mind, it is always difficult for a change. However, I know God of all impossibilities is reading our conversations as all seeing God. That you are through with Education and Service at 20years of age shows that God is on your side no matter what you seems to have discovered. My candid counsel is that you sincerely ask God for a sign as an evidence that He exists. Gideon did such (Judges 6:36-40) and you will see God's existence.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Pessimist. Atheist hater.

You amaze me. You really do. So speaking his position of truth which to me i accept also as truth makes us Atheist haters? If you assume we are haters why then do i always seek the best for you or desire that we talk all the time? I should avoid you like a plague.

Stop trying to turn yourself into something or someone you are not. You are transforming to something dark and you cannot even see it.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Arjeeni: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
victorazy:

I couldn't finish the reading because is obvious ur still a kid, you don't even know what ur doing, how can u know the God ur serving. I think the spirit from ur father's house is casting spell on u.

You see them.....
They never believe in God, they worship the pastors who rescue them come any predicament, they will never attached value to any church except where miracle is happening.
They seem not satisfied with any congregation where members are not smelling cold money.
Most Christian and Ógù Ayé is the same.
We don't see our fellow beings as potential evil who capable of inflicting pain because we will never have a rest of mind, should anything cross our path all we will result in is being doomed and not like that God can let these things happen to us to ensure some measure beyond our control and which will in turn good for us.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by MTHBOSS(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Please, sit down, think on all you have pass through, think on all you have achieved. Look around you (I mean NATURE) and think of how they are in order. Then listen to your inner mind with a sincere patient, you will know if there is God / gods/ or not.

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by free2ryhme: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
Sorry about the loss of your parents. There's no good evidence for the existence of God. We must rely on ourselves and each other to succeed. There's no need to waste your time trying to cultivate a relationship with, or to totally submit to, a person whose existence is unverifiable.

shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.