Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (20692 Views)

Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Relationship / Religious Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by mastermaestro(m): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
WebSurfer:

Flog that seun guy very well, with this

If he ban me, i wee deal with him grin grin

Nice one bro. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by allanphash7(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Check this out
Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Feanah(f): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
xage:

please don't bother replying him brother,nothing can help this kind of ignorance.Be the better person and just let him be.Don't reply him pls
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by iaminspired: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

Your problem started when you refused to guard your heart jealously to the ideas of Lucifer. I was also an exco too n I finished with 2nd class upper. Infant when I gave my life to Christ that was when my cgpa improved. I was a kegite n a s**lord den but when I was given a chance to serve God, my cgpa improved, mind u I used a whole session to change my cgpa when I had 4.19 n 4.12 respectively that later dropped to 3.53 n I finished with upper.

Your mistake: you were not able to differentiate between church n school, when you became exco you were supposed to see yourself as role model that you were not supposed to fail.

You added to your trouble when you met the wrong friend. The atheist, the Bible says do not forsake the gathering of the brethren, but instead you moved in with him, the god of this world has given him(the atheist) the wisdom of this world to confuse u.

The same Bible says avoid senseless or stupid controversy that breeds up quarrel, since you are a babe in Christ you shouldn't have argued with him because solid food z for the strong who have their faculty trained to distinguish between good and bad

Bros, God exist. He z existing and will continue to exist. The moment Adam n eve ate the fruits, they sold their dominion to the devil which makes him instantly the god of this world, in the actual sense we were to be gods of this world enjoying God work but Adam sold it out and God had to allow his son JESUS to come and die for our foolishness and sins so that we are seated with Christ above principality and powers.

2. Jesus is SIMPLY THE way. Not A way but the WAY. In him there is life and the life was the light of men. Don't look back, WHY NOT RESISTUTE YOUR WAYS AGAIN. JESUS LOVES YOU. don't allow the gods of this world to destroy you. Surround yourself with the right friends and guard your hearts with reading the word and prayers

3. There is hell and there is LAKE OF FIRE. Your real you z your spirit, man is a tripacate being he is a spirit has a soul and lives in a body. When he dies the body perishes and the soul goes to either heaven /paradise or hell for punishment

Christianity is never a religion it is a RELATIONSHIP. Relationship with Christ, where you know him.
That I may know him and the power of his resurrection and may share in his sufferings becoming like him in my death Phil 3:10

Get a Bible believing church where the undiluted word of God z preached

#opinion

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by free2ryhme: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
none of us would exist if Jesus didn't exist. we were created by God through him. that is how you know..

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by nobodysmanrob(m): 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Op kindly look for the movie 'God's not dead' part 1 and 2. There are a lot of facts and references you can follow up on and study for yourself. Also read Rick Warren's 'The purpose driven life'.
At the end of the day, remember your have a choice on who or what to believe. Despite the challenges you have faced, if you look around can you honestly say you haven't seen God at work in your life?
Remember one man sees the glass half empty and another half full
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by WhatOnEarth: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sorry for your troubles. But I will tell you to CALM DOWN. Kulu temper. No shaking for your side.
John 16.33 tells us "But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I would address your question as a Roman Catholic. I too had to find my way back to church on my own. Though my story is not as serious as yours.

First of all, I would address those who say there is no evidence for God.
The logic is simple.
You are here on Nairaland soliciting for advice. You are convinced 100% that there is a HUMAN BEING behind that keyboard replying you. Except of course a computer robot registers on Nairaland; but the same robot has to be programmed by SOMEBODY, right. So what about this universe? Is it at all likely that it came out of otueke??
1 Colossians 1.15 tells us, "All things created BY him, and FOR him"

Now some say if God wanted us to have a religion there would have been only ONE religion.
Quite true. But God had to start it somewhere and then he would tell someone to tell another someone and spread the message.
Mark 16.15 addresses this question when it says, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation"

Some would advice you to just believe in a "supreme being" and that's all.
Yet some of those people will never advice you to just believe that there is a thing called "Nigeria" and then all is well. They want an ORGANIZED Nigeria. A Nigeria with plan and direction. This is the reason why worship of the creator or supreme being has to take an organized form. Errors have proliferated already, even with the level of organization that obtains today. Tell me what would become of religion were it not organized at all.
Matthew 16. 18-19 tells us "you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[b] shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven"
If you lock up your house and give the keys to somebody, what does that make the person Gateman. Which means that only whom they allow can gain entrance.

As for saying that religion has caused a lot of wars and all the other nonsense.
Well, I have news for you. Hitler was not a christian at the time he was killing who knows who. Stalin was not a christian either. The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. Is it Christianity that asked Nigerian to kill Biafrans? Christians who perpetrate an uncalled-for war are betraying their religion already.
Matthew 5.39 instructs christians "f anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."
I can tell you most solemnly, as long as the kingdom of God has not come on earth, THERE WILL CONTINUE TO BE WAR AND STRIFE.

As for those who maintain that no religion is true because we just happen to be born into each one.
Well, now is your time to find your way into one, all by YOURSELF. But to do that you have to do research and pray. Its not easy. I commend your work as an exco in school. But sadly enough, I would guess that you did not do any serious study of the christian religion. I have been there and know that how it works in school. There is too much praise and worship already. Anyway.
Matthew 16.24 tells us "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

Somebody mentioned that all unjust acts would be repayed in this life. Either by 'untimely death' or something.
But if I may ask him. What about the baby that dies during childbirth or even one day old or two months or one year? Have they committed any unjust act just yet? Death happens to us all. It is a common denominator and ipso facto CANNOT be due recompense. Our Abacha died while still milking Nigeria dry. How is that recompense considering that somewhere across the water some baby might have died too.
For me, I see believe in life after here in terms of JUSTICE. There is so much injustice in this world already for it to be corrected in this world. That is one of the reasons I believe strongly that somehow, somewhere, someone would repay.
John 9.3 says "Neither this man nor his parents sinned,... but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him"

I don't have time to go into a lot of details here. But if you notice in my writing, there is a common thread that runs through all the verses I quote. You can quote me if you have more questions. But I am NOT ashamed to call you to embrace the one who says, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. NO MAN cometh to the father EXCEPT through me.

And that is CHRIST JESUS.

God bless you on your earthly sojourn.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Hypointa: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Any faith that makes God absolutely responsible for the affairs of your life is an irresponsible faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by oglalasioux(m): 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
You've answered your own question; since all the religions believe in different things non of them can be real. Is the god religions preach real when it has different versions and has appeared to different so called prophets building up the confusion and killings in the world?

I'll still say that the universe is not an accident. There must be a power behind what set it off. As for the proof you seek to believe the religious god doesn't exist, two key proofs are the Hubble's space telescope and the Large Hadron collider in Switzerland. They both point to the fact that the universe was created from the big bang. And it further points that life in the universe was a result of billions of years of evolution from hydrogen atoms created within the first 3 minutes of the big bang.

Religion has no proof, except blind faith, of anything about the universe. When Copernicus and Galileo countered the bible claims about how the universe and mankind came into existence, their lives were threatened by the church.

But science has opened it's doors to criticism over the ages righting itself whenever it's wrong. Can anyone say that about religion?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Mazeed(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
I'm a Muslim I think every muslim is a good follower of Jesus because they were all messengers from God Almighty, and we believe in them all, we don't make any distinction between one and another of his messengers; and to that verse you quoted I think if Jesus would have new he will be crucified i suppose he would have averted it.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by pelusky(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmm...this is such a disheartening post, a sorry situation.
So sorry for the loss of your parents at that tender age. May God strengthen you... I really commend your courage, for even posting this online, cos God wants you to learn. Journey with me thru this "lengthy" post(please read to the end)... Promise?

First and foremost, I know some will not agree with me, while some will do, that, Christianity is NOT a religion. Christianity is the act of being a Christian right? But who also is a Christian?
A Christian is a person that has gotten a transformation of life thru CHRIST, hereby living a Christ-like life. In whom Christ lives, has access to his/her life and anything pertaining to his/her life, having CONFESSING the Lordship of Jesus Christ and repenting from the old ways.
What A Christian Is Not?
A Christian is not someone born into a christian or even clergy family. Not even someone bearing a Christian name like 'Emmanuel, Peter, Paul, Samuel, Esther, Deborah' and all the likes. Not someone going to church(where that word "churchy" comes in). Lemme tell you, your mother can even give birth to you right on the altar, does that one makes you born-again? No. Once you are given birth to by a woman after the sexual relationship of your dad and mum, you are born SINNER (Psalms 51:5).
You might be busy for God but still guilty. How? When you are only WORKING for Him and not WALKING with Him. When you are serving God that doesn't even know you. God is interested in our lives before our service. Permit me to say this, you might have been "churchy" but not a Christian. Don't forget the phrase: BUSY BUT GUILTY!

God is not unjust to forget your labour in His Vineyard, if truly you are His(Heb. 6:10). Why do we relate anything bad that happens to us as God's handwork, why do we always blame Him? Why not check-mating ourselves?
Moreover, sometimes when God do some things we will think He is doing us bad, whereas, He knows the end even right from the beginning (Alpha and Omega-the Beginning and End).

Now to answer your question 'if God, Hell, afterlife exists'... Heb. 11:6 answers that question(and more verses of the scripture). God is the Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, the One that was, is and is to come, the Alpha and Omega.
If you are convinced about the existence of God, then, you'll know of 'Hell', 'Afterlife'...

My Conclusion: God does not only exist, He lives! Jesus lives forever!
To everyone that has been carrying the wrong mentality of Christianity as been "churchy", I hope you've gotten an eye-opener? God still loves you, He is still calling you unto salvation. You need Jesus, He is the present help in need.

Thanks for reading through. I hope this bless...
Shalom. God be with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by cruz419(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
I feel ur pain bro and am sorry for ur loss but for a fact dere is GOD oo trials make u question ur faith some time but u should not let it make u believe dere is no God,even me dome time have dat moment when I question my faith but I no d Dere is a GOD,,even d so called righteous men faces a whole lot of trial and dese day it hard to be a Christian cos u see d evil dominating but dont be deceived we all will give account of what ever we do here on earth Good or bad so pls my broda hold on don't give up,, just like I haven't some of us are not finding it easy but we still hold on to his promises and to our faith!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by psalmade(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sure bro, there is a God who rules over the affairs of men. He's Jehovah. Sorry about what happened to your parents and your cgpa. This God who I'm talking about has greater plans for your life. He knew you right before your existence. Never doubt His existence rather doubt your doubt. He's not a sense-God but rather a Faith-God. You can only please Him in Faith. Got a Bible over there? Search the scriptures to get more faith. Grace and Peace bro! Love you

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by victorazy(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Arjeeni:

You see them.....
They never believe in God, they worship the pastors who rescue them come any predicament, they will never attached value to any church except where miracle is happening.
They seem not satisfied with any congregation where members are not smelling cold money.
Most Christian and Ógù Ayé is the same.
We don't see our fellow beings as potential evil who capable of inflicting pain because we will never have a rest of mind, should anything cross our path all we will result in is being doomed and not like that God can let these things happen to us to ensure some measure beyond our control and which will in turn good for us.

Watchasy
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by ComplexManifolds: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
Joshuabase:

I don't think you need to ask others if there's a god or not, I think that's a question you need to ask yourself. Look at your life objectively - weigh the evidence for and against god. And if your're not satisfied, Google the evidence for and against god, compare both and make your decision.

so you're now an atheist, but you unfriend Evilchapterz on Facebook a long time ago for preaching atheism and I remember you were among those raining insults on him back then. hmm.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Missmossy(f): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
Some comments here though. God is real anyway that i know that a person has unfortunate occurrences doesn't make God non-existent.

It's a big pity and a great loss loosing your parents though but it all depends on how you see it. It's best you try to become a better person and make them proud where ever they are.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by MicroBox: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
chiedu7:
My Advice is to follow Jesus that is ALIVE.
Mohammed is DEAD and BURIED!

The dead cannot help, only the living can.

Think about it, who would you rather emulate?

Jesus who has no sin?

Or Mohammed who married 6 ur old baby gal?
Your type confuse the OP more.. He will soon ask if Jesus is alive, where is he staying. Christianity makes religion to be cheap and funny. More Christians becoming atheist everyday.
The chuch preaches that Islam is bad and when the followers find truth about how funny Christianity is, they turn to be an atheist rather than reverting back to their supposed religion because of initial condemnation by one so called pastor on Islam.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by yomilala(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
Don't be deceived my brother. Islam is d only way to salvation. God said in glorious Quran that who ever those any other religion except Islam, it nt be will accepted from him nd he will be among the loser on the day of judgment. U dnt need to be worried. Ask God to God show u d way to him and i believe ur prayer will be answered. It worked for me and i believe it will work 4u too. for those that said there is no God, I want everyone of u to know that our purpose on in this world is to worship our creator. Allah said he did nt create human and jinn except to worship him. Tell me the most luxurious thing we used today, wat is purpose of them all? D cars, Tv, even cloth we wear. All these are 4 a purpose with maker of them written on it And u think there is no God and we are in dis world for fun.. Haba. Ask any xtain to tell u where Jesus said accept me as ur personal lord and Savior.? u will neva see it in the Bible. Jesus did nt said that anyway. Ask any xtain where jesus said they go to church on sunday some on Saturday. Bible itself said (KSF) d preface said All D BIBLE ARE FULL OF CONTRADICTION AND ERROR INCLUDING THIS ONE.
I will send u a video to buttres my point and believe it guide u.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Ranchhoddas: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
4everGod:

You amaze me. You really do. So speaking his position of truth which to me i accept also as truth makes us Atheist haters? If you assume we are haters why then do i always seek the best for you or desire that we talk all the time? I should avoid you like a plague.

Stop trying to turn yourself into something or someone you are not. You are transforming to something dark and you cannot even see it.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by jazzy4naija(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
I want to say something about the spirituality debate. You don't believe in God? That's ok, but why is it so important for many of you to mock those of us that do? If we're wrong, what have we lost when we die? Nothing! How does our faith in Jesus Christ bring you any harm? You think it makes me stupid? Gullible? Ignorant? That's ok too. How does that affect you? If you're wrong your consequence is far worse. I would rather live my life believing in God and serving Him, and find out I was right, than not believe in Him and not serve Him, and find out I was wrong. Then it's too late.
Ain't no shame in my game! I believe in Jesus Christ. He said deny me in front of your friends & I will deny you in front of my Father.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by deife(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
Sorry about the loss of your parents. There's no good evidence for the existence of God. We must rely on ourselves and each other to succeed. There's no need to waste your time trying to cultivate a relationship with, or to totally submit to, a person whose existence is unverifiable.

"Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!"-Psalm 14:1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by anochuko01(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am not. What of the ones that also excelled without going to any fellowship. Tell me also about the clubbers and the party animals that still had excellent grades.

We're still saying same thing brother. If you club and study hard you'll still pass... Its the law of harvest...Bible says ''As long as heaven and earth remains, sowing and harvest time shall not sieze'' However, clubbers and party animals are also planting a seed by their actions which would be paid accordingly when the time of their harvest comes.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 says
''You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,
thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God''

So my brother, its a matter of choice....

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by lexyclasy: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
MadCow1:
Become an Atheist.. angry

Op, The human mind is like a computer.. Everything you are today is what you have been programmed to be. You were not born with any religious inclination, you were thought to a religious.

I was raised by a very Godly man.. I was raised to be christian. I grew up mimicking everything that I saw and heard in Church. At age 12 I got baptised by water and of the Holy Spirit. I remember the day of the Holy Spirit Baptism seating in a room full of people praying super hard.. grin I was just a kid, but I really believed in what I was doing. I was genuinely Born Again, I prayed daily, I had stopped stealing my Mums money and meat from the pot, I was preaching to people and even use to anchor some morning devotions in the house. I remember praying so hard and waiting for that 'Holy Spirit' baptism feeling to come and it never did.. Everybody was acting like they were under a spell, speaking in tongues and I just never got there.. SO I started rambling nonsense.. Well, long story short, that day I became Holy Spirit baptized.. I started preaching in school and had the nickname 'Pastor'.. grin

But by my natural nature, I am inquisitive and a rebel of sorts.. I started asking questions. I got a lot of 'Go and pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal the answers to you' response to most of my question. I wondered why they who the Holy Spirit spoke too couldn't provide the answers I needed. grin Then I started reading broad (outside of religious books).. I realized that the one key aspect of all religion was BELIEF.. The Christians believe that a Virgin Woman was impregnated by God and she gave birth to his Son to come and die for us so that God can forgive us for committing sin which he also created. grin I realized that the Muslims believe that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the most holy Prophet of Allah and that his messages were given to him by God for Mankind.. The traditionalist believe that their ancestors seat in the great council of ancestors in the sky and preside over them and to reach them, you need to believe that a stone, or a carved wood or whatever was the medium. Basically, everyone believes, nobody actually KNOWS.. grin

I find that in life, you don't need religion to be a Morally Upright person. You don't need religion to know that stealing is bad or that telling lies is bad. You dont need religion to know that Peace is better than conflict. You dont need religion to actually know the difference between Good and bad. All people who follow religion are looking for is how to elongate life. How to keep living beyond the grave. Sadly, whatever lies beyond the Grave is unknown to the living. I live my life to be as good a Human being as I can be. I had no clue how I got here and if there is an afterlife, when I get there, I will figure it out and get it right.

Stay Cool... cool
After careful digestion of various thoughts from people i came out happy that no one put up superior argument that there's no God/creator.....it is also on record that no other religion has been able to give us a convincing evidence of how man came to be apart from christian religion....Now we Christians believe in Holy TRINITY that is God the Father......who made MAN and when MAN fall out of the liberty God gave him.......God the SON comes in.....who pays the price of our disobedience and sin through Crucifixion and buried.....God the Holy SPIRIT is the one who gave us liberty today through the redemption and immunity which we enjoys today which his Resurrection offers us.......If Christ did not raise up from the death we wouldn't have this liberty today to live like kings and queens and the old order would have been applied but because he has done it all and now Sited at the right hand side of the creator who sent him and Mediate for us when we go astray.....it is through this that we have a Bible to give you comfort and encouragement anytime you intend to go astray just like a constitution to guard Legislatures anytime they found wanting......Finally there's no Religion like Christianity....a religion of tolerance, peace, wisdom and understanding...a religion where everybody are stake holders no superiority....a religion where you can know him today and also become a king instantly without segregation

Please for those who are still in doubt and seek knowledge and understanding, i leave you with the following Bible portion to equip your spirit......because from the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word is God................If you know the truth, the truth shall set you free......Psalm14:1-7, 1corinthians1:26-31, 1corinthians1:20-25, psalm53:1, Ephesian5:15-17, jeremiah10:8,

John14:6, john10:22-30, john14:6, john3:16, 2corinthians4:18, john6:27, 1timothy1:16, Hebrew7:25, Luke24:25, Jeremiah51:17, 2peter2:15, 2timothy2:23 and proverb14:8

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by ikp120(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
Sorry about the loss of your parents. There's no good evidence for the existence of God. We must rely on ourselves and each other to succeed. There's no need to waste your time trying to cultivate a relationship with, or to totally submit to, a person whose existence is unverifiable.

Oga Seun?
**Puts my hands on my head**

Chineke lekwa wonders o!

Ewoo!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Jabula1: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
First, 'success' is in this world is not a measurements of your believe in the existence Allah (God) who created heaven and earth and all within them. Allah said if this world is of value compared to a wing of house fly , he wouldn't have rained for unbeliever to make use of . Also in the Qur'an , Allah said we cannot know you as true believe until we put you in trial and you were able to endure . Your narration is just a trial from God to measure your sincerity . It is unfortunate that Christianity is pivoted on physical 'success ' and not grant people the true essence of worshiping God, unlike in Islam .

[email]First, 'success' is in this world is not a measurements of your believe in the existence Allah (God) who created heaven and earth and all within them. Allah said if this world is of value compared to a wing of house fly , he wouldn't have rained for unbeliever to make use of . Also in the Qur'an , Allah said we cannot know you as true believe until we put you in trial and you were able to endure . Your narration is just a trial from God to measure your sincerity . It is unfortunate that Christianity is pivoted on physical 'success ' and not grant people the true essence of worshiping God, unlike in Islam .

[/email]First, 'success' is in this world is not a measurements of your believe in the existence Allah (God) who created heaven and earth and all within them. Allah said if this world is of value compared to a wing of house fly , he wouldn't have rained for unbeliever to make use of . Also in the Qur'an , Allah said we cannot know you as true believe until we put you in trial and you were able to endure . Your narration is just a trial from God to measure your sincerity . It is unfortunate that Christianity is pivoted on physical 'success ' and not grant people the true essence of worshiping God, unlike in Islam .
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by hopefulLandlord: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Summary of the thread so far

OP: I'm confused

Christians: Christ is the answer

Muslims: Mohammed is the answer

Atheist: embrace atheism

OP, opinions, that's what they'll give

You can only get more confused

Some of them wants to chat with you privately

I tell you, its all opinion that they'll give

Only you is responsible for your life

You can decide to add or remove god from it but the above is still true

Take charge of f your life, take responsibility for EVERYTHING, if you fail with god, its your fault, if you fail without god, its your fault

If you succeed with or without him, its all you

YOU are the most important person in your life
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Luckymay(f): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
I'm afraid and passing through the same phase with you @op. But I have managed to stay sane by keeping to my self that is... Not bringing up religious issues where ever peers are gathered cos I'm not ready to hear their opinionated views on religion. It drives one crazy. But one conclusion I've arrived at is the fact that there is one supreme being somewhere from whom all existence come to be. Pastors/imams are just there to deceive us and make riches out of our pockets. Finally do to others what you expect them to do to you. That's the golden rule. If we stick to this rule I believe the wotk
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Luckymay(f): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
I'm afraid and passing through the same phase with you @op. But I have managed to stay sane by keeping to my self that is... Not bringing up religious issues where ever peers are gathered cos I'm not ready to hear their opinionated views on religion. It drives one crazy. But one conclusion I've arrived at is the fact that there is one supreme being somewhere from whom all existence come to be. Pastors/imams are just there to deceive us and make riches out of our pockets. Finally do to others what you expect them to do to you. That's the golden rule. If we stick to this rule I believe the world will be a better place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by whoisuche: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

I understand your feelings both what I want you to know is there is God and if you believe and serve God through Our Lord Jesus Christ with sincerity of hearth, Worship him in truth and in Spirit. You smile at the end. Don't let friends deceive you.

John 1:1 (Reads) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So there is God, also read the following Bible verse about hell and heaven.
Bible Verses About Heaven And Hell
Bible verses related to Heaven And Hell from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Romans 2:6-8 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Read More...)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:1-27 - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Read More...)

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:13 - And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-22 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (Read More...)

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
So I want you not to play with your life Heaven and Hell is real and Heaven is meant for those who repent of their sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the King of kings, The Son of God and That he died for our sins for us to be free form sin only if we believe in Him
He rose from dead and according to John 14:1-3King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I will like you to start attending bible believing Church where they preach the truth about God, Heaven and hell.
God bless you as you take this bold step to serve God.
You can reach me: 08062599151
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by ooshinibos: 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
God did not call anybody to religion ..the only thing he wants from us is to have a dynamic fellowship with him and impact the world with his love and Grace I.e. love him and trust in him and love your neighbor ..anything apart from that is Religion hence your predicament..and that of Nigeria
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Revolva(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
angry angry angry No hell No heaven bro...forget religion thank God @Seun have said it all....ok..no body have proved the existence of a God....Agnostic way of mind is the best just do good and your best..also...while you are on earth
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by hopara1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Christainity is not a religion but a sure entrance way to enter eternal life if you do what's right!Dont let your heart be troubled-All i see are frustrations!God is real!Jesus is the way,truth n life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.