Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,024 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali (8577 Views)

2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana / I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by BrownRoofRep: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Westbestside:
I have heard you, but my flesh is not edible for you sha. Look elsewhere. You will see your fellow pigs you can enjoy his flesh as delicacy.
We all know that Afonja long head vultures feed on the mine the skulls. Nothing new here.
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by ZombieNation: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
I hope they are enjoying their one nigeria now
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by ZombieNation: 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2019
proeast:
I carefully read all the comments from the first post to the very last on this thread, and I was able to glean the following, which has always been an open secret anyway.

1. Majority of Igbos want Biafra.

2. Niger Delta people are finally realizing who their enemies and friends are, and trying to mend fence with their neighbors.

3. Yorubas would love to have Oduduwa republic but are afraid to go for it.

4. Awolowo would have given anything to have Oduduwa republic back then but just like the present day yorubas, he was scared to go for it but was rather waiting for Biafra to emerge so he can hide under it to get Oduduwa but when the war progressed and he saw that Nigeria was having an upper hand over Biafra, he decided to join Nigeria against Biafra. Read his Ibadan declaration and you would see that he knew Biafra was justified yet he lacked the guts and courage to declare Oduduwa republic at the same time rather he was feebly requesting that northern soldiers should return to the north.

5. Another reason why Awolowo decided to team up with Nigeria even when he would have loved to have Oduduwa republic was because he didn't want to appear stvpid and irrelevant in the war so he decided to go with the north against Biafra.

6. What Domkat Bali said is the factual sentiment why the northern minorities as well as yorubas fought against Biafra, they can't imagine a country where they would be left with the Hausa fulani without the moderating influence of the Igbos who are Christians and progressive minded. Without the Igbos in Nigeria, the yorubas, Christians and other minorities would be treated like slaves.

7. The Yorubas are the main reason why Hausa fulani are taking other Nigerians on a ride. If the yorubas should become as vocal and serious as the Igbos in demanding for Oduduwa republic, the north will immediately beg for the South to accept restructuring because it would be very difficult to contain the whole south or deter them from living.

Finally, I would end by saying that it is in the best interest of every Southerner and indeed Middle belt people as well to demand for restructuring or outright breakup. This is because, the North is gradually becoming a failed region with growing Islamic fundamentalism. No where in the South will be safe with what is going on in the North right now. Though it would be difficult for terror cells to thrive in the SE or SS (except Edo north) but Islamic terror cells can easily spring up in the SW due to their large moslem population and growing youth unemployment. Let's restructure or breakup and allow north to become a full Sharia state since that's what they want.

Well said
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by AntiBalaka: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oyatz

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by OK2NVME: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

”recover Idps Funds Stolen By Your Cabal” PDP Tells President Buhari / Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary / Ogun: Appeal Court Rules On Adebutu’s Petition Against Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.