Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,372 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Marriage Is Beyond Cooking - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Beyond Cooking (706 Views)

Transgender, Miss Sahhara Burns Her Boobs While Cooking (photos) / Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) / "Marriage Is Not An Achievement To Some Of Us" - Club UNO CEO Rants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by rukkyland(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
saw this my Facebook page.. what do u think?

Pastor Chris Ojigbani
Marriage is Beyond Cooking
I thank those of you that sent me birthday wishes. The Lord will honor your faith in Jesus name.
I have a message for you. Recently, there is this controversy going on in the social media that a man shouldn’t marry a woman who doesn’t know how to cook or a woman who doesn’t pray for an hour. So, I deem it necessary to clarify the issue. As the apostle of marriage, it’s my responsibility to clarify the issue to avoid causing more delayed marriage, separation and divorce in the world.
This is the will of concerning the issue: You must not use cooking as a criterion for choosing your spouse. Though food is important in life, cooking must not be used as a criterion for choosing a spouse. Why? I tell you three reasons.
First, a woman who doesn’t know how to cook can actually learn how to cook. Second, a woman can employ the services of a professional cook. Third, a husband can tolerate if his wife doesn’t cook very well. Tolerance is important in marriage because everybody has weaknesses, both husbands and wives. If a woman doesn’t know how to cook, it should be regarded as a weakness and the husband has to tolerate in order to be happy. It’s very wrong for a man to divorce his wife because she doesn’t know how to cook. Nobody used cooking as a criterion for choosing a spouse in the Bible. In fact, when Isaac married Rebekah, he didn’t meet her. It was a servant that proposed marriage to Rebekah on behalf of Isaac and paid the bride price even before Isaac set his eyes on Rebekah. So in Christianity, we don’t use cooking as a criterion for choosing a spouse.
It’s also important you note that praying for an hour must not be used as a criterion for choosing a spouse. There is no scripture that says Christians must pray for an hour before they become good Christians. What Jesus Christ asked his disciples was: why couldn’t they watch with Him for an hour. Watching is different from praying. And when they failed to watch with him for an hour, they didn’t cease to be Christians. Even Peter, who couldn’t watch for an hour became the head of the disciples. If Peter couldn’t watch for an hour and still became the head of the disciples, why should we use praying for an hour as a criterion for choosing a spouse?
Do you know that vain repletion is a sin in Christianity? Jesus Christ said that we should not speak much in prayer. In Matthew 6:7-8, the Bible says that speaking much in prayer is a sin. If you need something, you should ask your Father what you need. Just go straight to the point - the Bible says that He already knows what you need, even before you ask Him. So, if you are not yet married and you are a man, never you use cooking as a criterion for choosing your spouse. It’s very wrong. God will not be happy with you if you do something like that.
I am speaking to you as the apostle of marriage that God has sent to correct the wrong doctrines of marriage in the world. Get married, not because a woman knows how to cook, but because she is a good woman. If you marry someone that knows how to cook and she is not good, what happens to you? Man shall not live by bread alone.
If you are a married man under the sound of my voice, never you divorce your wife because she doesn’t know how to cook. You can teach her how to cook or you tolerate her. Marriage is about tolerance. And as a husband, it’s important you note that it’s your responsibility to nourish your wife, tolerate her, forgive her, and take good care of her. It’s a job you have to do.
God bless you. I love you! Don’t forget: marriage is beyond cooking; marriage is beyond praying for an hour. Marriage is an old fashioned institution. It’s the oldest institution and must be honored.
Bye for now

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by halfricanadian(f): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2016
and the same bible talked about pray without cease

jesus was in d wilderness 40 days nd 40 nights praying

he was always praying so never say prayers shd b few

pray till d lord remember u

hannah kept praying God remembered her

u cant see God without praying

dats were we miss it u want to do 2mins prayers nd expect God to hand u a life time blessings wen JESUS himself prayed for 40days nd 40nights

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2016
Cooking Is Not The Most Important Criteria For Choosing A Wife But Its Neccesary.
Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by Alocia(f): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2016
Didn't read.

undecided
Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2016
Lol.....now this is funny.......marriage is beyond cooking??“Whether Nigerian ladies agree to cook when they marry or not, Adeboye has spoken the truth nobody should shy away from....Adeboye's message was simple and clear, everybody should prepare for marriage! Women, should learn how to cook and be prayerful and men should be up and doing to be able for cater for the family..Ladies should remember that the way to a man's heart is his stomach.....a lady should learn how to cook before marriage.Even those that can Cook keep learning new things regularly to get better. Learn the basics, at least and keep building.....Why get married when you are not readyundecided

A man's responsibility is to provide food for the family while the woman prepares it.....so what's the woman's responsibility?

We all pray for a pleasant and financially comfortable home but most couples don't start out rich enough to employ professional cooks. Any advice to the contrary will encourage our ladies to look for rich men to marry. What if the man cannot cook? What is the solution? A man can still marry a woman that can cook a few meals but one that cannot cook at all? I don't think so.

Prayer too is very essential......btw the bible says:Every wise woman buildeth her house,but the foolish plucketh it down with her own hands......

Keep giving all those spoilt brats hopegrin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by firstking01(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2016
And why must a woman not know how to cook huhundecided…in nigeria you must know how to cook o, remember, the only way to a man's heart is through his belly....it is un_african for a woman not to know how to cook.
Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by Fuqman(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Compatability and then sex, l mean lots of good sex.
You don't marry the person you can live with - you marry the person you can't live without and that includes good cooking skills. We are africans.
Re: Marriage Is Beyond Cooking by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
An African woman that dosent know how to cook is a Disgrace to herself ! simple!

so u expect me to eat junk foods and take-outs for the rest of my life No egusi soup No ogbolo soup No edikaikong No pounded yam No semovita Are u okay

(1) (Reply)

Boring Evening! / How Would You React To This? / The 10 Biggest Secrets Women Don’t Know About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.