Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,825 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) (30917 Views)

Overloaded Vehicle Arrested By Officials In Zamfara. Photos / FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by shyling(f): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
chiefobdk:

oga shut up.....

you're a bus driver.

if u re not. then you re the conductor
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
ANAMBRA11:
are you from ekiti? sad those are the only non afonjas and free borns that we know cool

word
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 12:10am On Sep 03, 2016
Kollyman:

Just look at yourself, you people like doing things that often make people slam your tribe!

How many good thinking tribe would do what you have just done?

Before we say a thing now, you would start telling us how you developed Lagos, London and Abuja!

I'm out of here jare!

what you afonjas don't understand is dat we are goading you to hate. the more you hate the more divided the entity is. and ofcourse the closer to promised land.
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 12:34am On Sep 03, 2016
pj3400:
Good Afternoon,
Haven gone through all the messages posted on this tread and by the OP, I will like to say few things too.

First thing first, their is no ignorance in Law. Either you know the law and stay save, and if you don't, one can pay dearly for it.

From Monday, if u stay in Lagos state, and you are in possession of vehicle(s)/automobile, kindly visit any VIS(Vehicle Inspection Service) office, meet with the VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officers) and ask them, what and what you need to do, for your cars/auto mobiles to be road worthy. And once you have done all that, no VIO officers can harass you.

Was fortunate to witness a road check operation where 30 cars was stopped and all were asked to go with all documents intact.

At the VIO office, try and collect their flyers which contains the phone numbers of the VIS Directors, Area commanders, Zonal Heads for direct reporting of any erring officers.

I didn't say the VIO are saints, and some officers might be corrupted or fantastically corrupted, but it's the work of the public to expose them.

Please, we should also try to always verify claims before we start hauling abuse. Get evidence, make sure the evidence is valid and accurate, conducts investigation before coming out with any claim.

Hope the op has evidence that one of the officer requested for bride? Hope the OP was not trying to escape or run? I can see two patrol fan in the pix, how come? Was all your documents complete with valid drivers license and LASDRI? Are you the only one in the car or you are with the company driver that was sick? So many questions to ask, but who am I to do so.

The OP might actually be meted with injustices as well, but we all need to be sure of what really happen before taking sides.

I heard someone here saying, VIO don't have any business with drivers license, hmmmmmm, I guess you don't know the process to follow in obtaining a valid drivers license cos if you do, you must have realized that the issuance of the license is a tripartite one which involves 3 key agents(MVAA, VIS, FRSC) VIO function is very key like others, If VIO designated officers don't sign off on your form, then you will never get your license. They are the one that send you to FRSC for capturing, then the FRSC send the captured information to a central server in Abuja, they issue you a temporary DL until the original is been sent down from Abuja FRSC to state where it was applied for.

Many drivers are carrying about fake Drivers license and they don't seems to know, from mere glance at it, a VIO officer will tell you if it's a fake or not. And you all can as well try to verify the authenticity of you drivers license so that you won't fall victims of heavy fine. To verify, go to this site https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org once it opens, click on DL Application and select renewal. Enter your L/NO: and your date of birth. Then click on search. If it's original, it will bring out all your details and information, if it doesn't, kindly visit any VIS offices closer to you and tell them you want to apply for Driving License. You will be informed on the steps to follow. Don't let me bore you with too much epistle about the DL

Any again, most of the car owners go about using fake insurance. Many don't know, but if you are caught, you will be slam with fine.

A single offense, no matter how small it is is 20k, if u committed four offenses, you know your bills already.

Even if you plead, it might only be reduced and not wiped out.

I took my time to study the VIO because many feared them than death. And I realize that, a lot of people sees other sister agencies as good because they can easily bride their way out of any trouble or offenses, but VIO people will never listen to your plea. And they will make sure you are taken to their yard if and only if you default.

If you see any driver that tries to evade VIO, he knows what is being expected of him as a car owner and a driver but knowing fully well that he his a perpetual defaulter, they will now turn themselves info fast and furious driver and creating unnecessary scene.

Some of the commentator above has really given a key and valid information on who and who to call or report any erring officers to. And I also learn that, default officers investigated and found guilty get dismissed immediately. That's why a proper VIO officer won't listen to any plea from defaulter.

But once the offender gets to the VIO office, HE/SHE can request to see the zonal head and argue out his/her case. The Zonal Head is the only one that can then consider your plea and determine to what amount the fine can be reduced to likewise the Governor and the Commissioner of Transportation, The Directors or Area commanders.

So if you are employed to do a certain job, we don't have to condemn the officers for doing their job, and if you see an officer that is corrupt, kindly do your best to expose such officer immediately.

NOTE:::

From Monday, for those of you that lives in Lagos and uses a car/Bus/Bike/Trucks/Articulated vehicles, please try and make sure you have a:

1) Valid and Original papers of your vehicle:
2) Make sure your car is road worthy and has a valid road worthy certificate
3) Hackney Permit, LASDRI, Original Divers license etc.
4) A working fire Extinguisher (note that most fire extinguisher is made to be used once.) once u press it either my testing or use it to put out a fire, then you must get another one.

Once all these are in place, please you don't need to run for any VIO if you have not defaulted in no way. As from Monday, they will start using e-ticketing. No more manual ticketing.

And once you are ticketed no reversal. If you wish to complain or argue your case out, then you will have to visit Alausa. If you are wrongly ticketed as well, you can get a redress and everything will be taken care of. All e-ticket go straight to central server and to the Governor directly.

So from Monday, is either you have all that is expected of you, and if you don't and you were caught, their is high chances that pleading won't even work more again. Cos once you actually defaulted and e-ticketed, Hmmmmmmmm.

You can as well sue the Government to court. A lot have done it and the case was well settled to satisfaction.

We should learn not to be mean at others for doing their job. We should always report any fraudulent officers/law enforcement agency for wrong doing or corruption to the appropriate heads.

I tried to take up the case of the ops and in the cause of doing that, I get to know a lot about VIS and their mode operandi.

Please all, let's learn from the ops case.

Many should also know that. Social media can be used the wrong way to claim cheap popularity by many and we should also try to check and re-check whatever we say on to others cos the Internet will never forget. I don't blame those attacking the ops cos he has also done that times without number too and yet he was not caution. Why caution others now? May be God just decided to use this scenario to caution the ops so that he can adjust better.

No harm in apologizing too to the igbos or whoever he has condemn before because that will speak a lot of things about him. We don't need to be too rigid. Flexibility is the key.

Others too that attacked him should also apologize too because if the case is between life and death too, this scenario might play out as well.

God bless us all oooo.

Don't mind my grammar, please mind the message.

see dis one ooo

trying to be smart by half.

u re a vio officer simple.

bribe taking one ooo

2 Likes

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by elvision1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
[b]Am highly angered by most comments on this thread, they are irritating and apathetic especially by the so called "igbos". So inhumane. You all give flimsy excuse for his online personality as a reason you can't render help. I can't even imagine how twisted yall minds are. I don't know if you guys think by being mean to him you would change his mindset towards you all, but psychology doesn't work that way. You only succeeded in fueling his hatred and possibly even ignited it.

This was a very shameful display, i can imagine what he meant when he said he was passing through a psychological trauma.
but then you apathetic creatures of filth laughed at him and had a field day on his downcast,

I read all through the pages of comments and see most peeps saying this made their day and how funny it was, but here i am filled with rage at the inhumane attitude of a group of people who call themselves "Nairalanders" but have no community relationship for their fellow e-mate because of some internet political squabbles in ethnic differences.
Its amazing how you all got so blinded with shadenfreude yall didn't realise how much chips of humanity that has fallen off your flesh and bones,

This thread is filled with the thick dark hatred embedded in the mind of the over zealous commentators on the political section. Am appalled

Some are even saying karma was being served and am wondering what's the karma in this?.

Someone even questioned the act of christianity most of you claim to practise, but i think you all have been conditioned and demented by the state of affairs in this country, i doubt if there's remedy, yall hearts have been seared with iron, you feel no more.

Saying am disappointed is euphemism, your comments on this thread paints an image that is highly disturbing and am forced to say I agree with humanist who feel we should all be terrafoamed on earth and be made extinct so new set of organisms can be formed with hope for empathy.

As of now i have lost hope in humanity, if there's an heaven most of us wouldn't make it through the narrow road.[/b]

*spits*

2 Likes

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by elvision1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by CharleyCharley: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
elvision1:
[s]Am highly angered by most comments on this thread, they are irritating and apathetic especially by the so called "igbos". So inhumane. You all give flimsy excuse for his online personality as a reason you can't render help. I can't even imagine how twisted yall minds are. I don't know if you guys think by being mean to him you would change his mindset towards you all, but psychology doesn't work that way. You only succeeded in fueling his hatred and possibly even ignited it.

This was a very shameful display, i can imagine what he meant when he said he was passing through a psychological trauma.
but then you apathetic creatures of filth laughed at him and had a field day on his downcast,

I read all through the pages of comments and see most peeps saying this made their day and how funny it was, but here i am filled with rage at the inhumane attitude of a group of people who call themselves "Nairalanders" but have no community relationship for their fellow e-mate because of some internet political squabbles in ethnic differences.
Its amazing how you all got so blinded with shadenfreude yall didn't realise how much chips of humanity that has fallen off your flesh and bones,

This thread is filled with the thick dark hatred embedded in the mind of the over zealous commentators on the political section. Am appalled

Some are even saying karma was being served and am wondering what's the karma in this?.

Someone even questioned the act of christianity most of you claim to practise, but i think you all have been conditioned and demented by the state of affairs in this country, i doubt if there's remedy, yall hearts have been seared with iron, you feel no more.

Saying am disappointed is euphemism, your comments on this thread paints an image that is highly disturbing and am forced to say I agree with humanist who feel we should all be terrafoamed on earth and be made extinct so new set of organisms can be formed with hope for empathy.

As of now i have lost hope in humanity, if there's an heaven most of us wouldn't make it through the narrow road.[/s]

*spits*

Feel free to commit suicide.

5 Likes

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by elvision1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
CharleyCharley:

Feel free to commit suicide.

of course, i expected nothing more from the likes of you than to resort to the "normal" nigerian way of holding onto lost grounds on an issue.

1 Like

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by lonelydora: 10:47am On May 12, 2017
BlackSeptember:
Google Karma

Epic
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by dawoyo(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2017
Wow... I am beyond appalled that this could ever happen here.
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by BlackSeptember: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2017
searchng4love:

Am Yoruba but not an afonja

Meanwhile drabeey was here
This was our best thread grin
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by BlackSeptember: 11:47am On Oct 28, 2017
icequeeTM:

Ur stupidity is like peak milk, it's in you.
Look at the kind of person abusing someone grin
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by BlackSeptember: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2017
Paulezeh:
I have read everybody's contribution and now no that there is no good people in this platform called nairaland . So it's only people who hates buhari that can help you in this platform. It's a pity. If this man did not get help from this injustice meted on him, I will help him to pay this money but it will be a minus for this platform
I'm an igbo man and I have been supporting buhari not apc since I read a book called war against indiscipline (WAI). Nothing can change my believe on this man called buhari till I die. Nobody hate goodluck but he misused the opportunity given to him by God and he paid dearly for that. From lecturer without shoe to presidency , to sharing gold phone in daughters wedding. From grace to grass. My igbo brothers, buhari is here to rule for 8yrs, we must accept that and move together.
Are you still supporting buhari grin
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by BlackSeptember: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2017
Mom007:

Here's the thing about karma, it's like a moving train. It stops for no one, yourself included. Ever heard not to kick a man when he is already down? Your own karma is coming to get you.
It's a year now and the Karma has refused to show up grin

1 Like

Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by BlackSeptember: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2017
DonaTee:
Very funny comments. Lol lol

but come to think of it 98% of comments I see here was posted by those with clouded judgment.

"Let us help our fellow yoruba n shame our enemies" what is that? For real? If u av this mindset get ur head checked. You think the world starts n ends here? Cos of 20k? You r yet to know ur real enemies.

For those dat think online name calling is a joke. Wake up. When its repeated it becomes bullying. ......either u ignore or u succumb or u fight bak.

we shld desist frm comments that spark anger n hate.

@drabeey dooh. I hope u ve seen that we all need each other irrespective of tribe etc. I hope u get help. But raise some money. Those guys hardly let go without naira notes in deir palms
someone that really posted with her brain. Kudos
Re: Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
BlackSeptember:
This was our best thread grin
where av u been?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Car Thieves Gone Digital! / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.