Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy (10381 Views)

Atiku: I Told You Guys, IPOB/Biafran=PDP, You Doubted Me! / APC Blasts Charly Boy: Buhari Will Never Resign, Stop Making Senseless Noise / Senate To Malami: You Lack The Power To Prosecute Saraki, Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by dondavinchi(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]only a big fat fool will continue to blame PDP ,we r in dis mess becos our leaders drag us in not PDP ,LET me AS A QUESTION,who is PDP?ppl r so blind dat they let politicians twist their brain at will 50% members of dis useless APC r all former PDP members so who r d PDP they r talkin abt is it obansanjo or atiku or kwankwanso or amechi or ngige or tambuwal rubish majority of dis APC members r d ppl dat destroy our economy but we r just too blind to d fact,d mother of d story is dat our leaders kept us were we r today including d so called buhari their miss deed was our greatest misfortune i refuse to believe dat is neighter PDP nor APC dat destroy d country but our useless n selfish leaders n they r still destroying dont b deceive u keep supporting dem base on tribal or religious ground but r suffer d most non of dem is been affected with d present reality on ground so we followers should b wise
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by goodvision12(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=henryanna36 post=48602462]APC TO PDP: YOU LACK MORAL BASIS TO COMMENT ON NIGERIAN ECONOMY

The People's Democratic Party (PDP), which brought Nigeria to its present situation after 16 years of locust, lacks the moral basis and the credibility to comment on the country's economy or condemn a government that is working hard to clear the mess left behind by the disgraced former ruling party, according to the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Oyegun.

In a statement issued by his Media Office in Abuja on Thursday, the National Chairman said it is stomach-churning and downright immoral for the ruinous PDP, which has yet to show remorse or exhibit any form of penitence for presiding over the mindless looting of the nation's treasury, to now put itself up as the saviour of Nigerians.

Noting that even among thieves, there must be honour, the Chairman said Nigerians, who are now bearing the brunt of the economy that was mindlessly mismanaged by the PDP, cannot forget in a hurry that some $15 billion - which is about half of the nation's foreign reserves at the end of the tenure of the PDP-led Federal Government - was mismanaged under the guise of the equipping the military, when in reality the funds were largely salted away by PDP fat cats.

He said Nigerians are also not unaware that just before the last general elections, some $2.1 billion was shared out to just a few PDP faithful, either to be used for praying again Boko Haram or for phantom communication purposes, when in reality the soldiers whom the money was meant to equip were dying in droves.

The Chairman listed other instances of the massive looting of the national till under the PDP, which never differentiated between the party's finances and the Nigerian treasury, to include:

-- The $20 billion in oil proceeds that was never paid into the Federation Account

-- The N33 trillion in national oil revenue that was not accounted for, considering that while the nation earned in excess of N56 trillion over five years under the last Administration, the total budget for those years amounted to about N23 trillion

-- The $47 million that was distributed to a few individuals just to oil the election process before the last polls.

He said while indeed it was glaring that the PDP-led Administration was profligate and rapacious, nothing prepared Nigerians for the mind-boggling discoveries that have emerged in the past one year, including the fact that just a handful of people could have plundered far more than half of what belonged to a country of over 170 million people!

''What is happening now is clear: Just because the farmer has not checkmated the thief, he (thief) has become so emboldened that he is now making a move to even cage the farmer from whom he has been stealing.

“How else can one characterize the most annoying statement by the PDP that it is on a mission to rescue Nigeria, the tale of a killer presenting himself as a life saver! Are these people jokers? Do they think Nigerians do not realize that the stage for today's tough economic situation was set by the same PDP that is now masquerading as a saviour? Worse still, is this PDP's bold face not a ploy to distract the Administration that is on a rescue mission?

“Nigeria is currently in ICU (Intensive Care Unit), after it was rescued from PDP. Yet, the same PDP has the audacity to constantly pillory the 'doctors' trying to save the 'patient','' the Chairman said.

The Chairman appealed to Nigerians not to succumb to the antics of the PDP but to continue to support the efforts of the present Administration, which is working day and night to ease the impact of the tough economic situation on the citizens.

''Yes, we knew the situation was bad, but we never imagined that it was this bad. Yes, we knew that the vast majority of our national patrimony had been stolen and converted by PDP and their cronies, but we clearly under-estimated the scope of the stealing. The fact that our country and people survived the PDP and the last administration is perhaps the 8th wonder of the world.

''But we have long moved beyond bothering about this mindless party to seeking to bring the nation back to its feet. What we cannot fathom is for the same PDP to now be heckling us and pretending to be the new saviour of Nigerians.

“Engaging in a campaign of calumny by claiming that the country’s economy under President Muhammadu Buhari was deteriorating is so unconscionable on the part of the PDP, which frittered away the huge windfall that the nation earned during the years that oil sold for over $100. Even with the number of PDP operatives and officials who have confessed or admitted their complicity in the looting of the treasury, the party has continued to try to pull the wool over the face of Nigerians.

''This shameless distraction must stop forthwith, and here is serving notice that henceforth, the PDP wil.

2 Likes

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by clingtonpaul(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2016
It's okay pdp did dis dat. what economic rationale could one reason to agree better.dont dis govt knw dat even d masses dey are loading pdp blame news for one century now are angry if all nt hungry.its coerce to prove to Nigerians with faceless result policy and no direction dat corruption of u chop I chop no one dies of pdp is better to an undefined lives and hopes in d system

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by AlPeter: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
When PDP was there things weren't this bad. I know what the scam APC will be harmaring on will be corruption.
The fact is that no society is free from the endemic of corruption, even as am typing this, massive corruption is currently on going in this self acclaimed "saint" government.
Corruption has been in our system since the days of Lord Lugard down to the several military rules and the country never fell sick as it is now.
APC should simply accept the fact that they are FAILURE!

In another way round, Amaechi, Audu Ogbe, Ngige, Saraki, Tambuwal, El Rufai, Dogara, and several other APC members of today were ones in PDP.

To summarize, if APC does not stop blaming PDP, this is the thunder that will strike them all...
WHAT!!! You deserved to be locked up, and the key sent into space. Imagine the trash you just spewed. For heaven sakes am peeved by the level of idi o cy you just displayed. Can't waste my time educating your sorry a**. Jeez

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by tundexijim(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Pdp is a disaster to this country. They are well known for their impunity and corruption. Economy of Lagos state for example wouldn't have bin so good like this if they had ever given pdp a chance.. I hope things change fast so ppl will see the difference btw APC and pdp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Gh0stFreak: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2016
AlPeter:
WHAT!!! You deserved to be locked up, and the key sent into space. Imagine the trash you just spewed. For heaven sakes am peeved by the level of idi o cy you just displayed. Can't waste my time educating your sorry a**. Jeez

Fo.ol, why don't you shut your gutter if you don't have any reasonable comment to counter him with,
throwing insults around dosen't make you more intelligent than him, it only makes you look stu.pid.
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by luvinhubby(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Did you comprehend all you read sha or are just trying hard to defend your people's party?

Education is not literacy, read again & this time very slowly, maybe then you can comprehend.

Thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by lagdmark(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
APC govt playing silly politics with the citizens.
The citizens are complaining and frustrated with the govt policies, APC is busy blaming PDP.
Mr integrity buhari, has disintegrate Nigeria under 15 months. Under 16 years of PDP there was still hope.

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Bhol28: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2016
omolola15:

APC themselves are not saint, and corruption is a thing that would not die in this country. But PDP could have done better, or let me say GEJ could have done better. All the money looted could have been used to diversify the economy. He never really paid too much attention to corruption. And I can boldly say it that of he's still the president, we will still be in this mess we are if not even worse.

One of the reason our economy was the biggest as at then was because crude was selling at all time high. When you are making serious money how won't you be very rich. But of you fail to manage that money, what happens when it stops coming?

Deep down you know the mess we are in now is not totally Buhari's fault. Yeah some of his policies might have been bad. But the past administration laid the foundation for this bad economy. Lobatan!

So it makes me very angry when I hear PDP trying to score cheap political points by criticizing the economy. They better be thanking God gej didn't win, if not they'd have been on the receiving end of the bashing.
Even the finance minister under GEJ have accepted that they are the one that put the economy in this situation and stated the reason is her boss's unwillingness to save for the future.All he did was massive looting of the treasury and sharing with his co-looters and some fools here keep hailing him just because of tribal sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by udatso: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
ehie:
They have every right to criticize. Under PDP a bag of rice sold for 5000,under APC it is 20,000.and it may be 40000 by the time they finish wrecking havoc in the country.
Madam, Abeg small small now, you wan kill person with this kind hot lie
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Myself2(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
When PDP was there things weren't this bad. I know what the scam APC will be harmaring on will be corruption.
The fact is that no society is free from the endemic of corruption, even as am typing this, massive corruption is currently on going in this self acclaimed "saint" government.
Corruption has been in our system since the days of Lord Lugard down to the several military rules and the country never fell sick as it is now.

In another way round, Amaechi, Audu Ogbe, Ngige, Saraki, Tambuwal, El Rufai, Dogara, and several other APC members of today were ones in PDP.

To summarize, if APC does not stop blaming PDP, this is the thunder that will strike them all...

The Thunder wey go fire APC starting from the dullard to the drug lord in bourdillon to the liar etc ,the thunder dey warm up for touchline

2 Likes

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Misterdhee1(m): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2016
luvinhubby:

Education is literacy, read again & this time very slowly, maybe then you can comprehend.

Thank me later.
Lool...Education is not necessarily literacy..You already proved this..Requote me after you have fully comprehended the topic being discussed.
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Honza27(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Darayola(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2016
ibe123:
Do you mean GEJ riun the country more than all those Almajiris that have rule ur country more than 30years

There was nothing like APC and PDP then....The context is from 1999 till date
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Darayola(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
chizaramprudy:
you won the Internet for the most senseless comment of the weekend, wow!
...continue.
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by AlPeter: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
Gh0stFreak:

Fo.ol, why don't you shut your gutter if you don't have any reasonable comment to counter him with,
throwing insults around dosen't make you more intelligent than him, it only makes you look stu.pid.
what do you say to an I'd io t who seeing a Lion killed a buffalo decides to work over to the lion and count its teeth with his bare hands. PS you are HE are the same so get ur a** off my mentions. Your slave masters, PDP, needs you more than ever to lick their behind.

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Oahray: 11:02am On Aug 19, 2016
I still don't understand the PDP 16 years of misrule they keep talking about sha. 8 years in it had Obasanjo and Atiku at the helm of affairs, and they are now in APC. Why do they act like a political party is a separate being that embodies good or bad regardless of the people in it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by hahn(m): 11:12am On Aug 19, 2016
Oahray:
I still don't understand the PDP 16 years of misrule they keep talking about sha. 8 years in it had Obasanjo and Atiku at the helm of affairs, and they are now in APC. Why do they act like a political party is a separate being that embodies good or bad regardless of the people in it?

Hypocrisy smiley
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Oahray: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2016
hahn:

Hypocrisy smiley
as in eh... I can imagine Obj and Atiku condemning PDP 16 years of misrule grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by vislabraye(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

You nailed it. Don't mind the mumu people. As if Amaechi, Saraki, Tambuwal and co were not PDP members.

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by hahn(m): 11:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Oahray:
as in eh... I can imagine Obj and Atiku condemning PDP 16 years of misrule grin

I am waiting for them to blame APC for mirule when they port to APGA grin

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by hannyjay(f): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Pls contact me on 07033189842 if u av camry 99 model engine for sale
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by chernest2002: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2016
Someone should tell me why the situation is worse now than when gej was in power.
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Okwyjesus(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2016
hucienda:
Who is PDP? Oh.. Ok. Obasanjo. Yar'Adua. Jonathan.

Who is APC? Buhari. Ok.

The supposedly 'terrible' PDP gave the people telecoms in two years after coming to power which led to +ve multiplier effects on the nigerian populace and economy for 15years and counting.

Let's see what the 'fantastic' APC gives the people in two years.

Failures that want us to believe they are wonderful and if you venture tell them the truth they flame up.

Go and work, your result will shut people's mouth when you deliver and not the ranting.

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Daplux4: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Felixtuta:
Rubbish!!! Don't go and put ur house in order, stay there and keep blaming PDP for a crime you both committed..

If APC love Nigeria, they should stop this blame game and focus on plans to move the nation forward.

As long as buhari remains the President APC will do nothing even if Nigeria give him 12yrs he will be confused on what to do
APC members knows it that's why from time to time they blame PDP
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by bender79: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
AlPeter:
what do you say to an I'd io t who seeing a Lion killed a buffalo decides to work over to the lion and count its teeth with his bare hands. PS you are HE are the same so get ur a** off my mentions. Your slave masters, PDP, needs you more than ever to lick their behind.
punch line. you must be a rap artiste

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by lexyclasy: 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
Darayola:

Even while this administration is trying its best possible to revive the land again. In reality and honesty, do you think GEJ's administration will survive this period when crude oil is sold below $40?
Truth, things are difficult now and optimism is there that the economy will get back running. Yet, I cannot imagine what would have become of this country if GEJ had won the election.
Maybe, who knows, you would have been sold to Somalia.
You don't have a point here bros.....you come on the whims of restoring the economy yet it got worse.....

mind you there are a lot of countries that does not depends on oil, Kenya, Mauritius, Tanzania, Ethiopia yet their economy is better than you depending on oil,

Again, before the expiration of GEJ government we experience low price of crude yet still manage economy and remain the best in Africa,

What you have to battle is not the price of crude bros...battle with the ineptitude of your ministers, economic pilots and policies that is what kept Nigeria where we are.....

It is not the price of crude oil or the foreign reserves that pursue 15 foreign airlines but the policies of this government, it is not the price of crude oil and foreign reserve that make the dollars to climb up to 400/1$ but the stupid policies of trial by error ok,

it is not the price of crude and foreign reserve that make fuel to cost 145/L but the stupid policies...get sense and get back to work as you promise stop useless excuses...PDP was far better than this sham called APC you all knows it

Is it PDP or economy down turn that makes you not to conduct successful election in just Rivers state for more than a Year....just battle the ineptitude of this government and leave PDP out of this tyrant Scheme
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by lexyclasy: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Darayola:

Mindless of party....the person is my biz.
Obasanjo's govt had a blueprint
Yaradua...wow!
GEJ ruined Nigeria.
Bihari ....doing his best to revive the country from the mess GEJ put us.
Darayola as a typical Yoruba man......you are the worst hypocrite still alive on earth........maybe you were not born when OBJ Squandered $16billion for power sector yet nothing to show forth and what about the greedy attempt to deface the constitution to suit his life aim in government....you are a shame to Yoruba nation....no wonder you appreciate tyranny because you act like one....like OBJ like Gen MB......most of the loots were orchestrated by your western brothers....dont have to mention names but just avail yourself to get through aviation...FFK, Obanikoro, omisore, OBJ, Amosu, Bode george, omokore, Deziani accomplices are all your brothers....you should be ashamed of yourself and the region you came from with such falz you spew...grow up
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by lexyclasy: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
omolola15:

APC themselves are not saint, and corruption is a thing that would not die in this country. But PDP could have done better, or let me say GEJ could have done better. All the money looted could have been used to diversify the economy. He never really paid too much attention to corruption. And I can boldly say it that of he's still the president, we will still be in this mess we are if not even worse.

One of the reason our economy was the biggest as at then was because crude was selling at all time high. When you are making serious money how won't you be very rich. But of you fail to manage that money, what happens when it stops coming?

Deep down you know the mess we are in now is not totally Buhari's fault. Yeah some of his policies might have been bad. But the past administration laid the foundation for this bad economy. Lobatan!

So it makes me very angry when I hear PDP trying to score cheap political points by criticizing the economy. They better be thanking God gej didn't win, if not they'd have been on the receiving end of the bashing.
Is a big lie...spurious policies are the bane of this government that makes investors withdraw form the system......your fraternity system let JP Morgan to go and then follow several foreign firms of recent 15 foreign airlines, and more to join....change your policies , get the right people to work things will take shape...GEJ diversify into Agric that was why you see the sector still getting better, adequate supply of fertilizer to farmers through pamphlet directly, automobile sector revamps, rail upgrade, power upgrade and a lot more, conducive environment to thrive apart from NE, they have the right hand to do the job, the TSA was originated by GEJ to stem corruption and ghost workers...APC never get any economy direction at all we would have still be better in PDP than this 100times
Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by Iniesman: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Call one person in apc today dat was nt in pdp na ... Buhari bin de dia o for starters. Una beta start to do something live all dis talk. So since dis year come una no still money.. Una were use buhari traveling steal money.. Budget money una don chop d money finish

1 Like

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by omolola15(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
lexyclasy:
Is a big lie...spurious policies are the bane of this government that makes investors withdraw form the system......your fraternity system let JP Morgan to go and then follow several foreign firms of recent 15 foreign airlines, and more to join....change your policies , get the right people to work things will take shape...GEJ diversify into Agric that was why you see the sector still getting better, adequate supply of fertilizer to farmers through pamphlet directly, automobile sector revamps, rail upgrade, power upgrade and a lot more, conducive environment to thrive apart from NE, they have the right hand to do the job, the TSA was originated by GEJ to stem corruption and ghost workers...APC never get any economy direction at all we would have still be better in PDP than this 100times

Seriously?? When you are quoting me, I expect facts that you truly know about. My father is a mechanized farmer. GEJ's minister of agriculture is from my state. And my father is known agriculturist as well. So there's nothing about agriculture you can tell me. We have a big factory that can process all types of farm produce. And I can't even count how many meetings he had with obj when he was still the president. So I take God beg you spare me the agric diversification talk. You can support your argument by telling me how much Nigeria earned from agriculture and other areas you claimed he divert the economy to? Automobile and rail as you claimed are amenities (capital projects) for the citizen. I don't see the country earning there. Our income has always been oil. And when it was selling at an all time high, WE NEVER SAVED.

I repeat he could have done more on the issue of diversification. So he's one of the reasons we are here. And Ngozi confirmed it. She said and i quote

" during the last regime when oil was selling high, we lacked the political will to save. That's why Nigeria is in this mess right now"

Do you need the YouTube link?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy by ppzz1: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant / Enugu Community Resorts To Invoking Deities Against Pro-Biafra Attack / Photo: Meet Mohammed Manga, Nigeria’s First Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.