Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire (32846 Views)

FUNAAB Student Union Set To Repair Camp-funaab Road / SOS Letter To The VC, University Of Ibadan By Distance Learning Students / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by viki84(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
How person wan take read this essay finis today?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Spells(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
flamyd:
let me guess u were denied admission angry

2 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lies lies!!! The Nigerian police force can lie ehn... #savefunaab

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Jennydoris(f): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
A peaceful protest would have been better..
Now you all have earned an extra fee on your tuition... For all the damages you all will still pay in one way or the other.
Violence has never helped anyone.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Bluffly: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC

There is theft in the environment and you want it resolve, so destroying properties is the way out. I wonder if you all are students or thugs.

3 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by SIMPLIFIED(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
Peaceful protest in Nigerian tertiary institutions will be difficult because the protest will always be hijacked by cultist, hoodlums, and other miscreants who see it as opportunity to carry out their evil intentions in the cover of protest. And the Nigerian police men who lack the most basic training in riot control will always end up escalating issue shooting live ammunition to disperse protesters as if they are armed bandits resulting in a free for all fight. From Uniben to Uniport to OAU, the result is always the same..

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
Spells:
Funabb students r just something else... What has the church gat to do with the protest... Seems the sch hav bin raring animals not students.. Today e'm animalistic behaviour is out

The protest was peaceful until the police force arrived and caused a scene with the use of teargas and bullets, a student was shot in the eye at a very close range.

The VC's church was attacked because the robbery case has been reported to the school management since last semester and they did nothing about it, students were raped and injured, the victim of Thursday's robbery case had been confirmed dead, so what are we to do?

4 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by snezBaba: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Afonjas muslims
Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by wristbangle: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sighs.... mixed feelings about this FUNAAB riot. Well I left the school when balogun was leaving and I thoroughly enjoyed his era who transformed the school to become one of the best schools in Nigeria.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by eleko1: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
sad Nah una papa go pay for the damage/destruction. sad
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by SIMPLIFIED(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
By the way don't tell me they were protesting for robbery in an off campus hostel, University cannot provide security outside the campus which they have little or no control over. Students are robbed daily in BDPA, Ekosodin and Osasogie in Uniben but the school will always tell you they don't have any business with hostels that are not owned by the institution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Spells(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

The protest was peaceful until the police force arrived and caused a scene with the use of teargas and bullets, a student was shot in the eye at a very close range.

The VC's church was attacked because the robbery case has been reported to the school management since last semester and they did nothing about it, students were raped and injured, the victim of Thursday's robbery case had been confirmed dead, so what are we to do?
but u know violence does more harm than good.. Remember two wrongs don't make right.

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by MrHenshaw: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
jaymejate:

http://punchng.com/funaab-students-protest-robbery-attacks-burn-vehicles/

What has church building to do with your agitation.If it's northern nigeria now,d will say na muslim.#destroyingourselfbyourself#

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Stbottle(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nawa4nl:

Bloody, flat headed okoro...

4 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by BF69BF: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

because it belongs to d VC who failed to provide us with adequate securities.

If he "provide you with adequate security" then, why the protest in the first place?
How am I even sure you're a student of the said institution?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by gbemmy2k10(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

securities.
igraman:

securities.
igraman:

oyinbo po.. no justification for destruction of properties bro. that's the reason why my alma mater(OAU) will always be the best. we do aluta with maturity (scientific aluta with maturity).

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Sirwallace(m): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Yeye dey smell.
They should continue their stupid aluta spirit and prolong their stay in school. A situation where employers are looking for 25years old graduate with 10years experience. Instead of them to resort to dialogue and continue with their already obsolete academic curriculum calendar, they are busy rioting. Them go old for school.

As a final year student, my colleague in Lautech did election, two parties claimed victory in the said election which led to destruction of school properties.
School get locked up for weeks, ASUU went on strike, its been 2months and still counting. our graduation is no longer feasible this year.

Just food for thought to those who think rioting is the best solution to any problems confronting students and school management. Just know at the end of the day, you and I are the victims.

My two cents.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Spells:
but u know violence does more harm than good.. Remember two wrongs don't make right.

Okay
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by harmbhrosz(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

Na wa o, so it's the VC's job to provide security for you outside the school premises cry

Leaders of tomorrow indeed

2 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2016

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by favourmic(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
And at the end nah the same student go pay for the damages

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by foreverkind1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
I see funaab going on a lengthy strike ,strike like this na 3months o angry

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Na wa o, so it's the VC's job to provide security for you outside the school premises cry

then what is the vc's job? If 80% of the school stays off campus and are being harassed by thieves, please tell me the vc's job. Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Spells(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
flamyd:
pls

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
wristbangle:
Sighs.... mixed feelings about this FUNAAB riot. Well I left the school when balogun was leaving and I thoroughly enjoyed his era who transformed the school to become one of the best schools in Nigeria.

Bros, never knew you graduated from funaab shocked
wristbangle:

Bros, never knew you graduated from funaab
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by igraman(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
harmbhrosz:

ode !
my papa suppose hire bouncers give me ni.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by harmbhrosz(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
flamyd:
then what is the vc's job? If 80% of the school stays off campus and are being harassed by thieves, please tell me the vc's job. Ignoramus
the security job of the citizens belongs to the police force and other security agencies not the VC of an institution.

What is wrong with you people... I spent 5years in this same school and we had several protests but no properties were destroyed.

If you guys know you've got the balls truly, go block and protest b4 the state police headquarter Elewe eran and stop behaving like animals

2 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by igraman(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
BF69BF:

If he "provide you with adequate security" then, why the protest in the first place?
How am I even sure you're a student of the said institution?
ur headache
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by AreaFada2: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
martineinstein:
future leaders,indeed....just look at d kind of youth nigeria is breeding....smh

is/are there any difference(s) btw these people andd boko haram/avengers?
A wicked system can only produce angry and disillusioned youth. Our human resource is our biggest asset. But if that asset is poorly prepared for the much more globally competitive future ahead, we are in deep trouble.

The few exceptions won't suffice. For example Dangote being Africa's richest man has not made the generality if Nigerians rich. It has to be sustained growth & progress across the board.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC
Peaceful protest would have been better way of showing your grievances. In the long run you students loose by paying for damages and add more weeks or months to your academic calender

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by harmbhrosz(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

ode !
my papa suppose hire bouncers give me ni.
the next thing you will result to is insulting people which shows how well your type will reason on issues like this

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by harmbhrosz(m): 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Batam:

Peaceful protest would have been better way of showing your grievances. In the long run you students loose by paying for damages and add more weeks or months to your academic calender
are you minding them? That is how far this our current generation can go in reasoning, destroying properties when they're still being fed from home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? / Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa / Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.