Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire (32851 Views)

FUNAAB Student Union Set To Repair Camp-funaab Road / SOS Letter To The VC, University Of Ibadan By Distance Learning Students / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Mopolchi:
Why dey attack church?
ahnn e surprise u

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by ziccoit: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Dem go pay x10 of damage they have done. Senseless students.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by mile12crises: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC

What is HEROIC in vandalizing religion areas in the name of protest

You guys would have been bold enough to state your actual grievance which according to your actions were religious-motivated.

You deserved whatever treatment meted on you all and the ones to come because your actions were not different from those of Hausa muslims in the core North

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by ephi123(f): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Are these students or touts? They should hang their heads in shame
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by adioolayi(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC

You guys will dearly pay for the damages.....peaceful protest over insecurity shouldn't have degenerated to this level......That church is at KOTOPO far away from campus...why na??
As an EX Unaabite, even when we had a just course to go on rampage in 2004, Sept 30th specifically...We Paid for Damages grin every student was made to pay....the receipt was part of clearance before we graduated. You guys are mixing things up this time around..... We can't tell if u are against the VC or Insecurtity!

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Mikeparlo12(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
This is just madness on the part of the students.... Now you will loose almost a semester cos its obvious the one week suspension will be extended.
As much as what you are agitating for is legit....You will surely pay for the damages...... Thanks for making the university richer

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by ephi123(f): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Batam:

Peaceful protest would have been better way of showing your grievances. In the long run you students loose by paying for damages and add more weeks or months to your academic calender

Exactly.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Smooyis(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

because it belongs to d VC who failed to provide us with adequate security .

The attack on the VC church was very misdirected. Does the church belong to the VC alone. Too bad.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by musa7m(m): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=Pharaoh9 post=48625699]Afonjas muslims[/quotewho tel you say muslims
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by noeloge82(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Bluffly:

There is theft in the environment and you want it resolve, so destroying properties is the way out. I wonder if you all are students or thugs.

One funny question is "where were this stundent when the robbers attacked"
During my days in the school u can never hear that robbers attacked studentd hostel except the hostel is in a very far isolated place
Now the students could not mobilise against the robbers but they can mobilise and protest
This is where the school senate will muscle its way cause any damaged car will be replaced and thank GOD no life was lost cos that would have taken just 1wk and the student will for ever be gone.

Students should always reason before taken actions cos at the end of the its the students that will suffer and funny thing is that the robbers may even join them in the. Disturction while in school its alway Aluta but after service the story is always GOD help me"

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by octopusfreaky(f): 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
foreverkind1:
I see funaab going on a lengthy strike ,strike like this na 3months o angry
nitori kini, i must graduate ds yr
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by richardoz(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
I don't support this wild act but I don't blame these students either. When I left the school few years back things were not this bad, It is only a person that wears shoe that can explain how it hurts, to be sincere those students are passing through a lot! Prof. Oyewole needs to do something to ameliorate their hardships.

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by dadebayo1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
bamirotola:
Space booked!....

This man is not good enough to be FUNAABS vc... since he came d administration has been a shatter nd tin of shame...
This never happened during Professor Olaiya Balogun tenure as VC.... i'm part of the privileged set to have enjoyed the astute and indefatigable erudite... God bless you Prof Balogun

Fight for your right students!!!! Aluta Continua!!! Victoria Ascerta!!!!

Greatest UNAABITES I hail o... I am glad to be among the privileged set also grin God bless Prof Balogun.. The architect of modern day UNAAB

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ventura1: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Truth be told, the student went the extreme!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Adekorya: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
shaddoww:
Something happened outside d skul n dey went to destroy their vc's. Well it's not there fault, it's why dey are leaders of tomorrow n never today.
I just have to paste this!!!

59 funaab students were arrested by the Ogun state police command just because of a peaceful protest.. The students gathered to express their dissatisfaction to cases of intense robbery perpetrated within their campus for several months without any meaningful efforts from the police force to quell the robbery. [b]The annoyance escalated when the robbers started to rape students in their hostels and matcheted many students who refused to surrender their phones or laptops. The once peaceful funaabites marched out in their numbers to express their displease on a federal road. They demanded to be addressed by the Commissioner of Police, who must sign an undertaken to build a police office closer to the school and provide SARS members at night . Instead of this, the new Ogun State CP sent his boys to dismantle the protest.
An unarmed 100l student was shot in the eye by a police officer. The boy fell immediately and went into coma.. Several tear gas and gunshots were fired sporadically by the police force in all directions. Where are we heading to in this country?? When unarmed students are been harmed by the police due to a peaceful protest. When did it become a crime, to gather and speak out for our rights? Is this the change we all voted for?? It is disheartening that after 50 years of post-colonial, our police is nothing than barbaric animals. Police that couldn't show up to apprehend robbers robbing students came out with reinforcement to shoot and beat students.. Well, few minutes later , students got angry and the animal in man awoke!!! They marched and went on #auto-destroy.. They destroyed the Vice chancellor church and burnt his bus. They marched fiercely at the police force!!! Do you blame or condemn them for destroying a church of God? What else do you expect them to do when the police force drew the 1st blood. By shooting an 100l student.[/b]
Reports later came in, that the CP of Ogun police command ordered the arrest of 150 students!!.
Ogun police officers marched to several hostels, breaking the doors of each rooms in an attempt to meet up with the CP's target.
59 students were arrested and most of them were ordinary onlookers that never took part in the violence or protest.
As at now , the students have been denied bail and they are been tortured illegally by the police!!!
To worsen the matter, the special adviser to Governor Amosun turned the story around.. They claimed it was students that harrased the police. The police and the state government under the leadership of Amosun went ahead to distort facts. They went ahead to punch newspapers to tilt the truth and accuse students wrongly.
It will shock you to know that while the police were arresting students in their rooms, it was reported that some police officers stole the phones of students!!!!
59 students are presently in jail, detained without concrete evidence..
This was the same way @Emmanuel Ojo was detained without concrete evidence..
Their parents are presently in tears.. Their parents never sent them to school to receive bullets wound from the police or to be beaten to stupor or rather to be jailed for as long as it pleases them..

5 Likes

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by MrMcJay(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

The protest was peaceful until the police force arrived and caused a scene with the use of teargas and bullets, a student was shot in the eye at a very close range.

The VC's church was attacked because the robbery case has been reported to the school management since last semester and they did nothing about it, students were raped and injured, the victim of Thursday's robbery case had been confirmed dead, so what are we to do?

This present VC is a mediocre leader to say the very least. However, there are more civilised ways to handle things.

A petition signed by 2,000 students and sent to the NUC and copying the Federal Ministry of Education, the Senate and the Inspector General of Police would have done more difference.

Unfortunately, the consequences of the indiscretion of a few would be borne by all.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by tbliss22(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
richardoz:
I don't support this wild act but I don't blame these students either. When I left the school few years back things were not this bad, It is only a person that wears shoe that can explain how it hurts, to be sincere those students are passing through a lot! Prof. Oyewole needs to do something to ameliorate their hardships.

Bros there is nothing they are passing through that is new. It's just so funny kids of these days loves to receive lectures in air-conditioned rooms, driven home with cool air-conditioned buses with no struggles and if possible they prefer to be served breakfast and lunch inside the lecture room while lectures is on.

I was a student of that school before mancot buses even arrived at all, we were leaving home 6:30am to meet 8am lectures due to long queues at bustops. Struggling to even board buses because we knew we won't be allowed into the lecture room if we arrive 8:05am. All these we experienced then and the S.U.G president then only took pen and paper to put down our pains and sufferings which was submitted to the V.C and also Ministry of Education.

All that brought Mancott buses (like BRT buses in lagos), air-conditioned lecture rooms, newly built lecture rooms (JAO 1,2 and 3), lecture theatre and so on. Prof Balogun came and did a lot but if Prof Oyewole is not actually working up to expectations then there are ways to address the issue e.g writing a petition forwarded to NUC against the VC.

Finally, this single act will destroy the beautiful image FUNAAB use to have, her ranking will drop and so many other negative consequences.

Shalom!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by richardoz(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
noeloge82:

One funny question is "where were this stundent when the robbers attacked"
During my days in the school u can never hear that robbers attacked
It seems you are not familiar with FUNAAB's environments, Some of these students are living where Indigenes reside like elewe-iran, kotopo, asero, obantoko etc therefore there won't be enough students to attack these thieves; I could remember one of my senior colleagues who was robbed of his laptop back then he said those people just behaved as if they came to visit someone in the house and before he knew what was happening they had brought out weapons to attack him! he narrowly escaped despite being robbed! This has been happening since but now it is getting out of hands and something must be done hence the students wild acts!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by foreverkind1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
octopusfreaky:
nitori kini, i must graduate ds yr
Pele dear. Strikes like this do take time o, death of a student ,vandalistion etc.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Realdeals(m): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

The protest was peaceful until the police force arrived and caused a scene with the use of teargas and bullets, a student was shot in the eye at a very close range.

The VC's church was attacked because the robbery case has been reported to the school management since last semester and they did nothing about it, students were raped and injured, the victim of Thursday's robbery case had been confirmed dead, so what are we to do?

Whether you reported the incident to the school management or not, the victim is dead or not you guys will still pay dearly for this act. You guys have gone beyond the boundary. No amount of excuse or justification can save you guys. I was a victim of the 2004 riot as my admission was defer to 2005 because a whole session was lost, I see similar things playing out here.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by drafael1: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
NameChecker:
Yoruba Students & Riots
Just to dodge examination
wetin u mean?...... Lol

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Jezzu(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thats wrong move FUNAAB... Why church?... Thats Animalistic behavior. Is a peace protest guys why vandalizing church? JST THINKING
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by richardoz(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
tbliss22:

Bros there is nothing they are passing through that is new. It's just so funny kids of these days loves to receive lectures in air-conditioned rooms, driven home with cool air-conditioned buses with no struggles and if possible they prefer to be served breakfast and lunch inside the lecture room while lectures is on.

I was a student of that school before mancot buses even arrived at all, we were leaving home 6:30am to meet 8am lectures due to long queues at bustops. Struggling to even board buses because we knew we won't be allowed into the lecture room if we arrive 8:05am. All these we experienced then and the S.U.G president then only took pen and paper to put down our pains and sufferings which was submitted to the V.C and also Ministry of Education.

All that brought Mancott buses (like BRT buses in lagos), air-conditioned lecture rooms, newly built lecture rooms (JAO 1,2 and 3), lecture theatre and so on. Prof Balogun came and did a lot but if Prof Oyewole is not actually working up to expectations then there are ways to address the issue e.g writing a petition forwarded to NUC against the VC.

Finally, this single act will destroy the beautiful image FUNAAB use to have, her ranking will drop and so many other negative consequences.

Shalom!
It is just like when people are trying to cope with you but you still push them to the wall through your attitude. There are many ordeals these students are passing through that they cannot explain to everyone out there but they need to tell their story somehow. Truly, the act will destroy the school's image but the VC has destroyed the school infrastructurally compared to what Prof. Balogun handed over to him!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by bammy00(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
I hope these students are ordered to pay reparation fees. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by richardoz(m): 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
tbliss22:

Shalom!
It is just like when people are trying to cope with you but you still push them to the wall through your attitude. There are many ordeals these students are passing through that they cannot explain to everyone out there; but they need to tell their story somehow. Truly, the act will destroy the school's image but the VC has destroyed the school infrastructurally compared to what Prof. Balogun handed over to him!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by edey2real: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
These students reminds me of September 30, 2004 struggle in this same University which the school was locked for 6 months. They couldn't even count the number of windscreens that were broken.
The day the students faced the police with sticks and bare hands. Can't forget it in a hurry my experience in UNAAB.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by gbemijames: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Great man...best vc ever..

bamirotola:
Space booked!....

This man is not good enough to be FUNAABS vc... since he came d administration has been a shatter nd tin of shame...
This never happened during Professor Olaiya Balogun tenure as VC.... i'm part of the privileged set to have enjoyed the astute and indefatigable erudite... God bless you Prof Balogun

Fight for your right students!!!! Aluta Continua!!! Victoria Ascerta!!!!

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Mopolchi: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:
because it belongs to d VC who failed to provide us with adequate security .
So by attacking church you will get security?

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Mopolchi: 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
FAWZ:
ahnn e surprise u

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Afonjas muslims
Chai omo lasan
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Afonjas muslims
Chai omo lasan ikeji aja
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by freemanjay: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Federal Polytechnic Oko admission screening registration exercise for the 2016/2017 academic session---http://gisttrack.com.ng/federal-polytechnic-oko-admission-screening-registration-exercise-for-the-20162017-academic-session/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa / Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years / Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.