Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? (48614 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Obynolee:

In law as in the husband's younger brother have no right to stay in his elder's brother's house to go to school or learn a vocation?. The husband should chase them away because he is married and suppose to have privacy?.
yes ke grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 26, 2016
Obynolee:

He has no right staying in his relation house to go to school or finish his studies?, he should rent a house where his relation is willing to accommodate him?.I wish God gave me your type as wife so that I will teach you how to accommodate my relation.
God forbid bad tin, I rebuke you and your type in the name of Jesus! grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2016
FreeWorld23:
[s][/s]I pity your husband
please don't pity him, he's in good hands grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2016
pragmatistm:
Wicked thought. But you don't know what will happen to your own children tomorrow. Why do many women always this thoughtless?
wickedness is good grin wicked people prosper more grin cheesy tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Taryur3:

Chai...na one man go marry this your type o...I rebuke your type as house wife in Jesus name.see as you just gladly wrote this rubbish here
I can never be a house wife grin tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2016
sorom4:
that how wicked women role
wickedness is good grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by ajimuby: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?
Though I don't support his habit...buh you Ave been doing your work before he came y can't you just continue...Wat if he is ur son...maybe he went and stay with someone den you see him washing plate sweeping and fetching water how will you feel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2016
barcaboi:

wonder why modern women have issues wt som1 staying with them.....advice her 2 learn to tolerate people. ..dude wldnt be there 4ever....wch 1 of us haven't stayed wt a relative or so in our lives....ignore him instead like u wld do all chores if he wasn't staying with you. ....works better
I've never stayed with an extended relative and I don't expect one to stay with me tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2016
sagitariusbaby:

You are very wicked and I hope you learn life's lessons soon. My mum accommodated several strangers in our house and till now she has single handedly trained 16 graduates among which are 7 of us his biological children.
I just pity your kind of mentality
good for her, I am not your mother grin tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2016
farouk0403:

plsssssssss stop

from the way you speak I can bluntly say you leave a sad life, so you can't help someone for free right?
some women are selfish and arrogant, don't forget you are a lady you will also have children's and you you don't know what the future will behold for them, may be they will find their self in the same situation.

Helping a single soul won't do you any harm neither will it reduce your monthly income,
it will just clear any obstacle that will try to block your way in the future.

is he the only soul to help in the world? grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2016
banzuz:

I see you like a lot of private affairs ... affairs minister, your kind of wife i need to change bed every year...
good luck to your life grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by barcaboi(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
I've never stayed with an extended relative and I don't expect one to stay with me tongue
staying with you for a while wldnt do any harm.....my mum boarded different people while I was growing up and till date I enjoy the benefits even tho then we had lil issue.....ur kids enjoy the benefits in future and even if dey don't; God repays u.....all in all, na patience and tolerance
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 26, 2016
banzuz:

See your name, crazy quinn... you type pf wife ehn, i cant keep.
you are irrelevant grin tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by CashVessel(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?

Write down some rules and guidelines along with his chores and discuss them with your husband before dishing them to him in your husband's presence. If he is not comfortable with them under your roof, he can leave. Feeding an extra mouth these days is big work. If he is wise he'll know your saving him a lot of money housing and feeding him.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2016
BrutusOj:
Why are you so interested in " kicking" the guy out since. I ve read comments by two female here and they offered better advice a virtuous woman is expected to give. Do you have idea of the relationship between the lady' hubby and the guy' father? do you know the kind of help the hubby has gotten from the guy' father in the past? I fear your type of woman oo..shuoo
you should be afraid, infact start running grin grin cool
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
barcaboi:

staying with you for a while wldnt do any harm.....my mum boarded different people while I was growing up and till date I enjoy the benefits even tho then we had lil issue.....ur kids enjoy the benefits in future and even if dey don't; God repays u.....all in all, na patience and tolerance
no be me ;DDworry about your life while I worry about mine
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by obajoey(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2016
See as them turn this place to war zone, o ga oo. Nairaland is somehow a place to learn how to avoid bad wives to be.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2016
bigiyaro:
privacy my foot. in Africa and naija in particular, wen u r going into marriage, jst adjust your mind that you are marrying the entire family, ur hubby or wife is someone's child and if you think becos u married them, the family ties n bonds should be severed, u have another thing coming. Do you know if the boy's father brot up he husband?
my mentality is different from yours, so stick with yours I will stick with mine grin tongue African or naija mentality stinks. I can make whatever decisions I want tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2016
butanep:

It's so obvious you aren't married. You talk like a kid
cheesy cheesy that's a good thing
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by cindyrocks(f): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2016
LOL. Thank you.
banttieman:

Cindy truly rocks.
Thanks in advance. cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by cindyrocks(f): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2016
grin
donbenedict:
naaah. I live alone
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by IZUKWU(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry
women . that how you will pursue all your husbands relative from his house. if it is your own brother ,you will not be saying this.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by ibehKachukwu: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
need a shoulder to lean on? Really? I don't do such, it's not in my nature grin tongue

Oh really?

I have seen the one man army.

Can we talk so u gimmi ur secret cos I ve tried but failed
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by thelish(f): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2016
Once a topic gets to FP, just do away with the advice u get. Kids all over the place
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2016
ibehKachukwu:

Oh really?

I have seen the one man army.

Can we talk so u gimmi ur secret cos I ve tried but failed
hahaha grin pride and ego is the secret grin tongue
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by missjane: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2016
That boy isn't acting that way because he saw you..@Op. I guess that's the way he was brought up..with a mother that does everything for him.. there are two ways to this. Either remove your focus from him and get a househelp to help with chores.. focus on the boys good sides.. I'm sure he has some.. atimes it's good to have companion at home Incase of emergencies..pls don't allow this side of him cost you something greater..before you know it, he will be out of your house. Not every wife will tolerate this I know, but then again, this can teach you patience and still work in ur favour Incase tomorrow any of your children go to stay in a relatives house for a while..you owe it to yourself to be happy..no matter what.. and above all pray about this to God. He has a way of fixing things like this..best wishes!
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by MrCEO69(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
Yes,he informed me wen d boy was coming nd i approve it but i was not inform dt he wud stay long,wat i was told was dt he jst got admission nd wud stay wit us till he find accomodation.it was later dt he had settle down dt i got to knw dt he wud b staying 2ruout his prog and dt was not even a prob to me though i don't stay at home for long den,i do travel most weekdays to supervise my project in d neighbouring town b4 i later finish it nd hardly travel out of town again .we get along well atfirst but after going for semester break nd coming back he change totally.

Anuty, tell brother the u need a house help. To him it will sound stupid cos the guy is there, isn't he helping, That will be his reply, then u can register ur complain more. if not then u get a help, shey na hubby go pay for am.

Pple dey sha, me i fit not do oh! He even rises his leg while u sweep. U may as well contact his mother and talk to her so she can talk to her son.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Pasche1: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Rossy99 post=48650979]An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

What do i do? To be sincere, the guy is not doing well, I am not here to side anybody but inasmuch as the guy live with dem, there should be a way of helping the wife, if he's to stay with dem for one or two weeks, nobody will complain, but staying for so long without assisting the wife is a very bad habit, I was with my uncle b4 he married, nd I stayed 9years with him after marriage but I never had issue with his wife once, we don't gist at all, apart from greetings and little little conversation, everybody on his/her own, because I hate been taken for granted, if I wake up in the morning, I will sweep everywhere except kitchen, I will fetch water for the entire house when we used to fetch water b4 we entered a house where water is running, I left dem 2 years ago, after my NYSC,am in my own apartment now, we don't have any issues till now, there are some things to endure when squatting with pple, if you don't want to cause problem btw couple, don't put assunder to pple's marriage, u will come and go, dey will live 4ever.tank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Pasche1: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Rossy99 post=48650979]An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

What do i do? [b]To be sincere, the guy is not doing well, I am not here to side anybody but inasmuch as the guy live with dem, there should be a way of helping the wife, if he's to stay with dem for one or two weeks, nobody will complain, but staying for so long without assisting the wife is a very bad habit, I was with my uncle b4 he married, nd I stayed 9years with him after marriage but I never had issue with his wife once, we don't gist at all, apart from greetings and little little conversation, everybody on his/her own, because I hate been taken for granted, if I wake up in the morning, I will sweep everywhere except kitchen, I will fetch water for the entire house when we used to fetch water b4 we entered a house where water is running, I left dem 2 years ago, after my NYSC,am in my own apartment now, we don't have any issues till now, there are some things to endure when squatting with pple, if you don't want to cause problem btw couple, don't put assunder to pple's marriage, u will come and go, dey will live 4ever.tank you.[/b] [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by PrincessAnna: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
lolaluv1:

How do you know she exaggerated? You are biased I believe due to your own experience....
Lol, I read in between the lines.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:

What do i do?

i don't know what you are, but let me give you the Christian perspective which is the best perspective anyway. Talk to the boy. Step two, throw him out if he doesn't change. Irresponsible boys should not be pampered, he is not your child.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Pasche1: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

Helping out in the house you live is not turning the person to house help. Washing your own plate after eating is not slavery. If the husband can give you accommodation, wife cooks for you, the least you can do is assist in the home in appreciation.
Tank you my brother, you hit the nail. And at the same time, the wife sud also respect her self, by not making life difficult for the guy, simply because he's squatting under dem, nobody knows 2mr,and the guys should try as much to assist her, there would be no quarrel.[/color]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.