Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me (2498 Views)

How Do I Stop My Pregnant Girlfriend Of Her Obsession With ZEEWORLD - Photo / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! / How Can I Stop My Affair With My Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by anonymous4life: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good day Nairalanders. I have been on this forum for 4 years and witnessed a lot of users get very good relationship advice here. I have an old account but created a new account today just to table this issue so as to get suggestions and advice. Now to the main topic- There is this lady I have known in my area for the past 3years. She is a very nice girl, averagely beautiful, has a great character and good upbringing which attracted me to her. I love her and even imagined myself getting married to her and finally asked her out 2 weeks ago. She was reluctant at first but finally gave in to my advances. Immediately, we started dating two weeks ago, we talk a lot like 15 times a day, we talk very late into midnight- I initially enjoyed it but it started getting boring. She could just call and say she just wants to hear my voice even though we just finished speaking like 3 minutes ago. Now, the one that made me afraid and felt that she is obsessed with me was when she started asking me questions I haven't even asked myself like- Will I marry two wives as my religion permits me to, Asking me about my marriage plans and similar things when our relationship is barely two weeks old. The penultimate sign came this evening when she told me that she is so much in love with me to the extent that she is afraid that I will betray her , she then told me to promise that I won't betray her. I frankly told her that there is nothing to promise since nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. Pls help me? how do I stop this obsession of hers. I still love her very much but my love for her has started waning as a result of this obsession. Thank you all.

*Modified* For those of you saying I sound like a player (that I just want to hit and run) Please spare me. This is my first time of being in a mature relationship. I have great plans for the relationship but it is not yet time to begin their execution. That was why it looked odd to me as we are still in the early stage of the relationship. I really appreciate and thank you all for your wonderful and candid advice. THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by IamLEGEND1: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
Communicate.it's that simple.
Tell her you feel you guys are moving too fast and you'll like to take ur relationship at a slower pace.
You're keeping shut coz you're afraid of hurting her feelings but the silence isn't making things any better.
So stand in front of ur mirror tonight, grab a hold of ur pènis. when you've confirmed it's Still there,look into the mirror and tell yourself you're still a man.
now dress up,go out,meet her and relay ur fears.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
Love is a funky thing. grin

Bro, believe me when I say this girl genuinely loves you.
And right now as I'm typing this, she has no idea that you dislike the numerous talks and calls. So be fair to her and tell her. Some people are better at taking hints, while others need direct explanations. Let her know she's being obsessive and it's unhealthy. If you don't talk to her, it will get to a point you'll start screening her calls, avoiding her and then bam, you'll despise her. Talk Bro open up.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by chocodaviva(f): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
As for d calling jus relax wit time she will outgrow it

Ofcourse based on u knowingher so well @upbringing #goodhome etc ..... Did u think she knowsu to be a good man too?whom she considers worth settlingdown with?

Then wats d point of dating if marriage won't happen? I guess she is not ready for any heartbreaking isshhhhh

U showed her love nd she reciprocate no bigg deal

My Advice: jus keep it real give her time ......
Ofcourse u started d obession wit calls so pull thru with it dnt miss a good woman cos u v not grown enough balls to handle one.....
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by chocodaviva(f): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
As for d calling jus relax wit time she will outgrow it

Ofcourse based on u knowingher so well @upbringing #goodhome etc ..... Did u think she knowsu to be a good man too?whom she considers worth settlingdown with?

Then wats d point of dating if marriage won't happen? I guess she is not ready for any heartbreaking isshhhhh

U showed her love nd she reciprocate no bigg deal

My Advice: jus keep it real give her time ......
Ofcourse u started d obession wit calls so pull thru with it dnt miss a good woman cos u v not grown enough balls to handle one.....

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
For your mind undecided if you feel she's obsessed and you're not okay with it, end it sharply grin I don't know why you brought this to nairaland undecided
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Tallesty1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
For your mind undecided if you feel she's obsessed and you're not okay with it, end it sharply grin I don't know why you brought this to nairaland undecided
Because you're here to read it.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with ur gf loving you, wanting to hear your voice, to know where the relationship is head, to know what to expect..cause she might be turning guys down because of you, so you have to show a little commitment or let her go.

You seem to be a player, you only enjoy the chase and not the main relationship. Just 2weeks and you're almost not interested again

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Luckymay(f): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
That's one bit problem with some ladies. You played hard to get and at the end.. You bring your worth to nothing. Why not continue playing hard to get even when the relationship has kicked off? We are different from men cos we have the ability to hide our true feelings. Op quit the relationship before it gets the both of you into regrets
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by smileysmiley(f): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Luckymay:
That's one bit problem with some ladies. You played hard to get and at the end.. You bring your worth to nothing. Why not continue playing hard to get even when the relationship has kicked off? We are different from men cos we have the ability to hide our true feelings. Op quit the relationship before it gets the both of you into regrets
quit it and come date you? there is really no need for that, he should just talk with her and they should try to understand each other better, some relationships start in awkward ways and end up being the best... the lady is just insecure and if he loves her, he should not have any problem with reassuring her and showing her the pace he thinks they should walk with, unless of course, it's a hit and run relationship

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Ginaz(f): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Love is a complicated something unfortunately I'm dumbfounded by your story and as a result, my ideals are reluctant to be summoned for this pitiful Scenario. You should not let me bore you about my advise cos I'm dying of an advise to solve my own dilemma of love myself.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by anonymous4life: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ginaz:
Love is a complicated something unfortunately I'm dumbfounded by your story and as a result, my ideals are reluctant to be summoned for this pitiful Scenario. You should not let me bore you about my advise cos I'm dying of an advise to solve my own dilemma of love myself.

I'd like to hear ur advice for me. Thanks. And by the way, what is ur own dilemma of love? I may be able to advise you
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by myrrtle(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
my nigga just keep it real and simple and don't bother yourself about that. she will out grow it with time. it may take 7 months or even a year but surely with time equilibrium go reach.
my gal no let me rest when we started dating but today the obsession has wind down.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Donnyperry(m): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nawah oh...

Na my prayer point be this OP problem. Exactly the kind of relationship i have been praying to have. Please can you in any way link her up with me? I will take care of the obsession perfectly and shower her with all the love and care she desires.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Luckymay(f): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
smileysmiley:
quit it and come date you? there is really no need for that, he should just talk with her and they should try to understand each other better, some relationships start in awkward ways and end up being the best... the lady is just insecure and if he loves her, he should not have any problem with reassuring her and showing her the pace he thinks they should walk with, unless of course, it's a hit and run relationship
Date who? Lol . well from the op's side of the story, I can only conclude he doesn't like clingy lady for a relationship. Imagine the lady talking about marriage in a two week old relationship. His love is also waning off. So do you suggest he stays out of pity or what? If the lady is insecure as you said, why not follow the guy silently and patiently to know what he's up to.? Unless she's a kid
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by firstking01(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
anonymous4life:
Good day Nairalanders. I have been on this forum for 4 years and witnessed a lot of users get very good relationship advice here. I have an old account but created a new account today just to table this issue so as to get suggestions and advice. Now to the main topic- There is this lady I have known in my area for the past 3years. She is a very nice girl, averagely beautiful, has a great character and good upbringing which attracted me to her. I love her and even imagined myself getting married to her and finally asked her out 2 weeks ago. She was reluctant at first but finally gave in to my advances. Immediately, we started dating two weeks ago, we talk a lot like 15 times a day, we talk very late into midnight- I initially enjoyed it but it started getting boring. She could just call and say she just wants to hear my voice even though we just finished speaking like 3 minutes ago. Now, the one that made me afraid and felt that she is obsessed with me was when she started asking me questions I haven't even asked myself like- Will I marry two wives as my religion permits me to, Asking me about my marriage plans and similar things when our relationship is barely two weeks old. The penultimate sign came this evening when she told me that she is so much in love with me to the extent that she is afraid that I will betray her , she then told me to promise that I won't betray her. I frankly told her that there is nothing to promise since nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. Pls help me? how do I stop this obsession of hers. My love for her is already waning as a result of this obsession. Thank you all
You dnt love her...admit it.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
Donnyperry:
Nawah oh...

Na my prayer point be this OP problem. Exactly the kind of relationship i have been praying to have. Please can you in any way link her up with me? I will take care of the obsession perfectly and shower her with all the love and care she desires.
cheesy cheesy Someone is in you with you and you call it obsession, if she had not shown interest he would have still complain.

Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Ajixegun: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
Just be the man and play along. My lady did the same thing when we first started to the extent of transferring airtime to my phone just to call her. Then it seems tiring to me but now everything is normal.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Donnyperry(m): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
herbie27:
cheesy cheesy Someone is in you with you and you call it obsession, if she had not shown interest he would have still complain.

Smh.

Don't mind the young man, he doesn't know what he wants. People just go into relationships for the wrong reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by NevetsIbot(m): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Communicate.it's that simple.
Tell her you feel you guys are moving too fast and you'll like to take ur relationship at a slower pace.
You're keeping shut coz you're afraid of hurting her feelings but the silence isn't making things any better.
So stand in front of ur mirror tonight, grab a hold of ur pènis. when you've confirmed it's Still there,look into the mirror and tell yourself you're still a man.
now dress up,go out,meet her and relay ur fears.[/b]
bahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
Donnyperry:

Don't mind the young man, he doesn't know what he wants. People just go into relationships for the wrong reasons.
Exactly!, later they will tag girls leeches, she's just interested in having a future with him, why go into a relationship with the motive to have sex undefined.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Cool23(m): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
Guy chill down if u are getting uneased jus let her go koz it obvious the relationship is boring

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by AmNoblen: 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
why u attack am na.like say na u be d girl.nawa o
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by anonymous4life: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
firstking01:
You dnt love her...admit it.
You are wrong. Honestly speaking, I love her very much. It was just odd to me to me that she was already thinking about marriage when the relationship is barely two weeks old.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Hillzy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
I don't see anything wrong with ur gf loving you, wanting to hear your voice, to know where the relationship is head, to know what to expect..cause she might be turning guys down because of you, so you have to show a little commitment or let her go.

You seem to be a player, you only enjoy the chase and not the main relationship. Just 2weeks and you're almost not interested again
Oh dear! No body would have said it more better. Op initial plan was to just hit n run but as it is rite now his just been afraid of the consequences if he do n called a few simple question d innocent lady ask him obsession

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Donnyperry(m): 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
herbie27:
Exactly!, later they will tag girls leeches, she's just interested in having a future with him, why go into a relationship with the motive to have sex undefined.

Lol....my sister, i tire oh. It's really a pitiable situation. Abeg, make we no carry the OP wahala for our head.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by seunny4lif(m): 11:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
I'm here to learn joooor cool cool cool
Mine no dey even call angry angry and me self come even bone self grin grin grin grin
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
AmNoblen:

why u attack am na.like say na u be d girl.nawa o
maybe I'm the one grin cheesy
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Abso1uteZero(m): 12:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Haha..Kinda Like The Time A Girl Sent Me A Text For Our 'one Week Anniversary'.......I RAN.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Fidelismaria: 12:11am On Aug 21, 2016
Nawa oooo

Pple definition of love dis days baffles me

Ur relationship is two weeks old nd u rily love her

Now tell me op wen did u start loving her?

Is it d two weeks old relationship dat u claim to b fed up u develop d love frm?

Love is a gradual tin

It takes tyme to love

I believe wat u re feeling towards d gurl is mere infatuation
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Stop My Girlfriend's Obsession With Me by Abso1uteZero(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2016
herbie27:
You Cant Start Asking A Guy About His Marriage Plans Two Weeks In..Its A Recipe For Disaster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo! I Don’t Wear Bra Because My Boobs Are Small / When Your Village People, Finally Get You. / How Often Should A Guy Change His Boxers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.