Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix (23085 Views)

Fashola Inspects Emergency Repair Of Kaduna-Abuja Expressway (Photos) / Fashola Orders Closure Of Apapa-Ijora Bridge For Emergency Repair(pics) / Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by OkoNDOoBo: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2016
mekzyjoe:
My People dont b decive by dis pishures.. I work in apapa, i even passed Tru dis road yestday, d road is notin to Write home abt.. Day only worked on a small portion of d Bridge.. . Dangote wanted to work on d road, he has already stationed his construction trucks close to d road bt as u know, d govt insisted on payment first bfo he can carry out repairs... because of dat, he has abandon d Project.. Dnt b decive apapa road is an isore.. So dirty n disgustin... i weep for dis country wit deir gimicks

Wicked Liar!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by loopman: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2016
priceaction:
APAPA -TINCAN- COCONUT AXIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE GIVEN 101% PRIORITY NOW.

I agree with you.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Rexnegro(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
I don't get it; what exactly is the "milestone attained" here
You can't get it since bad belle don twist Your brain na... if they no do Am You will complain, now they do Am You still don't get it. well try harder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by MrCounselor: 10:23am On Aug 21, 2016
ok o
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Ojikutumemu: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2016
I hope lies wont send you to hell on time to meet your father the devil. Am sure you are from the lost tribe i work around apapa and the improvement is massive
Everybody is commending u are here saying rubbish...

mekzyjoe:
My People dont b decive by dis pishures.. I work in apapa, i even passed Tru dis road yestday, d road is notin to Write home abt.. Day only worked on a small portion of d Bridge.. . Dangote wanted to work on d road, he has already stationed his construction trucks close to d road bt as u know, d govt insisted on payment first bfo he can carry out repairs... because of dat, he has abandon d Project.. Dnt b decive apapa road is an isore.. So dirty n disgustin... i weep for dis country wit deir gimicks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by loopman: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2016
Ojikutumemu:
I hope lies wont send you to hell on time to meet your father the devil. Am sure you are from the lost tribe i work around apapa and the improvement is massive
Everybody is commending u are here saying rubbish...

Anytime it rains and a container laden truck negotiates the gullies in that place, the chances of falling off container is almost 90%, and that is why that portion records the highest container casualty in Nigeria. We that works in that area have been lucky with God mercies that never for once was there a recorded case of fallen container on people's cars.
Now a govt have resolved that perennial danger, that idiot came here to question the motives and geniuness of their intention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Jango97: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2016
Bunch of mediocre!!! Whats the milestone in patching a bridge?so what will you call a newly built bridge
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Jobos(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2016
mekzyjoe:
What exactly is the issue here, which govt asked Dangote to pay money ? May be Jonathan govt, because I remember that fashola as governor was not allow to repair the bridge. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by adeoba2008(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
I don't get it; what exactly is the "milestone attained" here
Milestones are important targets in a project. Its just like meeting a deadline of a project...
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by smellingmenses: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donexy16:
Nice one. But then such attention and prompt response should also be given to other states. Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria
That's why a serious government will restructure Nigeria so that lower level government like the LG government can do these petty jobs... Will Fashola be able to attend to all bridges in need of attention in Nigeria?

No!
Restructure Nigeria now!
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Deen77: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
loopman:

Thst road has been abandoned by successive govts for several years despite the fact that it's one of the most economically strategic road in Nigeria as it's the major getaway from Apapa wharf for good transportation up country. Dangote has been trying palliatives on the road without much success.
BRF visited and within a month, that road that has virtually turned to Abiku has been repaired.
My only reservation now is the very narrow temporary gantry to restrict big lorries. It will be causing massive traffic build in apapa during evening rush hours.

They need to move to Tin can/Apapa road portion too.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by aressssa: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
loopman:

Thst road has been abandoned by successive govts for several years despite the fact that it's one of the most economically strategic road in Nigeria as it's the major getaway from Apapa wharf for good transportation up country. Dangote has been trying palliatives on the road without much success.
BRF visited and within a month, that road that has virtually turned to Abiku has been repaired.
My only reservation now is the very narrow temporary gantry to restrict big lorries. It will be causing massive traffic build in apapa during evening rush hours.

August 11, 2014

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola has raised the alarm that the Apapa/Ijora bridge is in grave danger and needed urgent repairs.

The governor spoke on Thursday while hosting the Presidential Committee for Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) led by its Chairman, General Martin Luther Agwai (retd) at the State House, Ikeja, Lagos.

http://shipsandports.com.ng/ijora-bridge-is-in-danger-of-collapse-says-fashola/

That was Fashola complaining and raising alarm over the same bridge back in 2014 under useless Jona...

Luckily for Lagosians, the same Fashola took care of it as a Federal minister...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by willibounce1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please stop showing us pictures...our roads are bad. Let the people do their phucking job.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by ORAGBON(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice on oga fash. Tut this should have been extended to as far as the beginning of Alaka bridg once and all.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donexy16:
Nice one. But then such attention and prompt response should also be given to other states. Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria

Attention will be given to Federal Roads in states, especially those in high commercial traffic areas. All other roads are state government responsibilities.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donexy16:

Attention will be given to Federal Roads in states, especially those either high commercial traffic. All other roads are state government responsibilities.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by mayorchelsea(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
These people with selective amnesia said we are slaves to The Hausa/Fulani people;Under the same Hausa/Fulani,our son has remembered his people by alleviating their sufferings on this road and now they are wailing,asking if he is a Minister for Lagos only.What has Ngige or Onu or Onyeama done for their people ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" / Akwa Ibom Now An APC State – Akpabio / Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.