Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) (22862 Views)

Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) / Owura Kwadwo Hottish: Meet Computer Teacher In Ghana Whose Drawing Went Viral / Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by mmsen: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
AlPeter:
am in support of parents setting examples but you have to understand the problem didn't start from parents not setting examples but from parents not instilling discipline in their wards who grow up to be parents not knowing any better since you can't give what you don't have. Surveys in the US have shown that must kids are crack heads i.e. Tasted one drug or the other, must of those kids you see running around here smoking hemp and all are from homes where discipline is not preached.

Most kids in the US are not 'crack heads'. Stop lying.

In fact they've found that millennials drink and smoke less than their parents did.

You have a very narrow understanding of discipline which is why you think that beating children is a solution. Discipline is about teaching people responsibility, respect and duty. You cannot do that if you treat human beings like cattle.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by AlPeter: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
mmsen:

Most kids in the US are not 'crack heads'. Stop lying.

In fact they've found that millennials drink and smoke less than their parents did.

You have a very narrow understanding of discipline which is why you think that beating children is a solution. Discipline is about teaching people responsibility, respect and duty. You cannot do that if you treat human beings like cattle.
https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-teens-and-drug-use . www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/substance-abuse/home.html . Stop using the straw man's argument here we are talking about using the cane has a means of instilling discipline in a child not what Discipline entails if You want to discuss that open another thread for it. Action begets reaction and one needs to take responsibility for his acts that's one of the things the cane teaches. Beating a child does not mean you hate the child rather it means you love him enough to save him even at the expense of losing his respect for you.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by mmsen: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
AlPeter:
https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-teens-and-drug-use . www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/substance-abuse/home.html . Stop using the straw man's argument here we are talking about using the cane has a means of instilling discipline in a child not what Discipline entails if You want to discuss that open another thread for it. Action begets reaction and one needs to take responsibility for his acts that's one of the things the cane teaches. Beating a child does not mean you hate the child rather it means you love him enough to save him even at the expense of losing his respect for you.

The link that you posted says prescription drugs i.e. those given by legitimate means. And more teens use alcohol than illicit substances, according to the link that you posted. That is because those are legal substances that are used by the parents which the children have access to. Which goes back to my point about children mimicking the behavior of those around them, especially their elders.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, today’s young adults are consuming less alcohol and illicit drugs (cocaine, MDMA, heroin, etc.) than ever before...Also, more kids are graduating from high school and fewer are committing violent crimes or getting knocked up than they were 20 years ago.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/generation-y/

You have lied and your arguments are based on misinformation.

You do not understand human beings. Like most Nigerians you have no clue what it takes to raise a well-balanced, self-confident human being and this is why you think that assaulting a child is a solution to indiscipline.

You do not understand cause and effect.

You have a poor grasp of society. And yet it is people like you will cry about why Nigeria is the way that it is.

The average woman has 5 children in Nigeria. Can the average couple cater for 5 children? Do they have the time, finances and information required to raise 5 children successfully? That is the at the root of this issue. When people are overwhelmed because of indiscipline and poor decision making they end up resorting to drastic measures in a vain attempt to correct their mistakes.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by Kgdavid(m): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
AlPeter:
don't get me wrong am not in support of excessive beating but am totally against the act of condemning people online without first trying to have a good understanding of what the child did for heaven sakes that. Child might have stolen a huge amount of cash after several talks and counselling to make him desists from such now one I'd iot [/b]just saw the marks and post it online without bothering to state the childs offense! [b]Am sorry but I don't just get off rolling on my emotions.

You are indeed responding emotionally, just in the defensive. What is required of you in this case, given that you have no more information about the case than the next man, is to objectively respond to the condition of that child. Does that picture look good to you? If no, then you agree that the beating has been done in excess, which is the whole point. No need speculating as to what the child may or may not have done. Please note also that these beatings have been a repeated occurrence.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by adebrightayo(f): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
@ Beclever your problem is on tribe, everytime ur comment is tribalistic & if he didn't talk u people will still say something, learn how to appreciate others.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by AlPeter: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kgdavid:

You are indeed responding emotionally, just in the defensive. What is required of you in this case, given that you have no more information about the case than the next man, is to objectively respond to the condition of that child. Does that picture look good to you? If no, then you agree that the beating has been done in excess, which is the whole point. No need speculating as to what the child may or may not have done. Please note also that these beatings have been a repeated occurrence.
objectively responding to the condition of the child will be to ask the question what did he DO. Emotional response will be to attack the teacher/guardian which is what you are doing and exactly what the silly blogger who posted this thing wants which is why I refer to him as an I'd iot because he obviously didn't do what he did for the sake of the boy but because of pulling traffic to his blog. You don't come to me and show me your battered face expecting to jump immediately in your defence without first telling WHAT YOU DID to deserve such.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by BeClever: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
adebrightayo:
@ Beclever your problem is on tribe, everytime ur comment is tribalistic & if he didn't talk u people will still say something, learn how to appreciate others.

Stop this fallacy,

Nigeria is a country built on tribal sentiments and the better we all realized this the better. .

Time has gone when some sections of this contraption feels they are the only ones that loves their tribes more..

I am contious of my actions..
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by lumydee44: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2016
AlPeter:
prime example of a whiteman wannabe. Slavery of the mind. Dude get it into your thick skull YOU ARE BLACK. You are from Nigeria and in this part of the world discipline is very important. We don't allow our kids to run amok, we use the cane. Yes, once a while some mark's left on the child sometimes deliberately, others intentionally but most times the child learns the lesson. Most of those area boys and touts you see grow up with parents that tries to accomodate their excesses its why they hardly ever show respects for anyone. A Yoruba adage says 'to omo re ki o le fun e ni isimi'.
Listen to yourself, no be only to omo re, you for kill am so you go fit rest psycho. They are other ways to get through to a child, cane will only make the child inhumane like you're now. I pity your kids.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by AlPeter: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2016
lumydee44:

Listen to yourself, no be only to omo re, you for kill am so you go fit rest psycho. They are other ways to get through to a child, cane will only make the child inhumane like you're now. I pity your kids.
lol... You should pity yours, I've kids have had the chance to mentor and some am still mentoring, guess what? They Love me much not because they fear me but because am their friends infact the day any of them hear that I beat the other, its me they tell Sorry before asking wtheir friends what they did, why? Because they know I only use the cane if I HAD TO, and they have each become the better for it. Seriously I pity your kids, your wife and your future generations, my condolences and the avoidable drama they will face.
Re: A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) by AlPeter: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2016
mmsen:

The link that you posted says prescription drugs i.e. those given by legitimate means. And more teens use alcohol than illicit substances, according to the link that you posted. That is because those are legal substances that are used by the parents which the children have access to. Which goes back to my point about children mimicking the behavior of those around them, especially their elders.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, today’s young adults are consuming less alcohol and illicit drugs (cocaine, MDMA, heroin, etc.) than ever before...Also, more kids are graduating from high school and fewer are committing violent crimes or getting knocked up than they were 20 years ago.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/generation-y/

You have lied and your arguments are based on misinformation.

You do not understand human beings. Like most Nigerians you have no clue what it takes to raise a well-balanced, self-confident human being and this is why you think that assaulting a child is a solution to indiscipline.

You do not understand cause and effect.

You have a poor grasp of society. And yet it is people like you will cry about why Nigeria is the way that it is.

The average woman has 5 children in Nigeria. Can the average couple cater for 5 children? Do they have the time, finances and information required to raise 5 children successfully? That is the at the root of this issue. When people are overwhelmed because of indiscipline and poor decision making they end up resorting to drastic measures in a vain attempt to correct their mistakes.

You don't knw that prescription drugs can be abused? You didn't see where it was clearly stated that BY the twelfth grade about half of adolescent have used an Illicit drug? I gave you 2 links one of which is a government link and the other an ngo to support my position and you gave what, a random site?! And You say I misrepresent facts you need to reopen those sites dude? And why the name calling? you felt threatened that you can keep up?! And concerning parents and guardian being more responsible, please tell me Oh great sage of wisdom, how an adult who was never taught to be disciplined, to respect and take responsibilities for his actions will suddenly learn to be responsible? Now saying that parenting by exemplary living alone is like saying a driver should drive a car without touching or turning the wheels.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / JAMB UTME Pre-registration Tips For Candidates – 2017 / 30 Haunting Photos Of People Right Before Their Deaths continued from page 4.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.