Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

PC Build For Fellow Nairalander - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC Build For Fellow Nairalander (10960 Views)

Looking For A Good Gaming Chair Who Can Support A Big Fellow / Looking For The Best Performance-per-dollar Gaming Pc Build / Watercooled PC Build For The Missus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 1:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Time Lapse PC build - i5-2400, GTX 960, 8GB RAM, Carbide 88R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRQ_G9BTK4

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Good job @ both the video and the building...just to think you could work @ that speed is out of this world grin grin
AKBliv010:
Time Lapse PC build - i5-2400, GTX 960, 8GB RAM, Carbide 88R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRQ_G9BTK4
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
bertoseve:
Good job @ both the video and the building...just to think you could work @ that speed is out of this world grin grin
grin grin I drank 10 cans of Lucozade!

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
With the build now complete, I plan to ship early next week. Did I mention that the build comes with an activated copy of Windows 10?

I have also included software and games (ones I could acquire) asrequested by new owner so the PC is ready to be used.

Updates, included an LED strip for some bling grin

2 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2016
It's with mixed emotions that I have to send the build away...there's always that sentimental value attached to builds I have completed. It's been packed now cry

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
It's human & natural for most parts to take sides with the "underdogs"..in this case with this budget build, being not so high in features, naturally will draw sympathy votes as it where and more so if does reasonably well, which in this case ,it did perform much more than we expected all this coupled with the fact that you BUILT THIS! and in doing so, you gave it LIFE! it can be compared to having ones own baby smiley smiley, this feeling is evident of the love you put into building & giving life to this baby. IN nature anything done with the input of love never fails to impress and last. i can only hope that in all of your subsequent builds, this love will be a part of the inputs. It's ok to feel the emotions and i for one,i've followed this from the beginning and seen your enthusiasm and i know we all here will want to have one of your creation cheesy
AKBliv010:
It's with mixed emotions that I have to send the build away...there's always that sentimental value attached to builds I have completed. It's been packed now cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by overlord77: 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Well, good job @AKBliv010

Am actually a software engineer and want to setup something i can use for both programming and gaming when i need to relax. Check out the components I have ordered so far not minding that they are gonna take a while to get to naija;

CPU - Intel BX80662I36100 Core i3-6100 3M Cache, 3.70 GHz Processor - $122
Motherboard - ASUS RGB LGA1151 DDR4 5-Way Optimization ATX Motherboard (Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA) - $165
GPU - Yet to decide on the one to go for. Still checking out the reviews of a few
RAM - 2x Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz CL14 DIMM DDR4 Internal Memory (HX421C14FB2/cool - $34x2
HDD - WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)
Case - Apevia X-Cruiser3 with USB2.0/USB3.0 & Audio Ports, Fan Speed Controller/Fan speed gauge, Blue X-CRUISER3-BL

As soon as I take delivery of the items, i will update you guys.

Did i mention i will be using a water cooler for the processor - Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. This will make less noise and better maintain a lower processor temp.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 12:02am On Sep 22, 2016
overlord77:
Well, good job @AKBliv010

Am actually a software engineer and want to setup something i can use for both programming and gaming when i need to relax. Check out the components I have ordered so far not minding that they are gonna take a while to get to naija;

CPU - Intel BX80662I36100 Core i3-6100 3M Cache, 3.70 GHz Processor - $122
Motherboard - ASUS RGB LGA1151 DDR4 5-Way Optimization ATX Motherboard (Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA) - $165
GPU - Yet to decide on the one to go for. Still checking out the reviews of a few
RAM - 2x Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz CL14 DIMM DDR4 Internal Memory (HX421C14FB2/cool - $34x2
HDD - WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)
Case - Apevia X-Cruiser3 with USB2.0/USB3.0 & Audio Ports, Fan Speed Controller/Fan speed gauge, Blue X-CRUISER3-BL

As soon as I take delivery of the items, i will update you guys.

Did i mention i will be using a water cooler for the processor - Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. This will make less noise and better maintain a lower processor temp.

Only thing I noticed is that you have a Z-series motherboard and a locked CPU. The motherboard is optimised for overclocking a K-series CPU which the i3 isn't. You are better off with the i5-6400 or i5-6600 and a H170 or H110 motherboard. The H-series motherboard is cheaper so you can add some more for the CPU. The i5 will perform much faster for both software Dev and gaming.

For 1080p gaming go for either the RX480 or GTX1060 or pick up a GTX970 (prices are falling)

I'd also suggest investing in an SSD for the OS a 120GB SSD for OS and 1TB HDD for data.

For the price you'll pay for the case better options include
https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811854028

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811854019

For CPU cooler, for less money u could go for a 240mm radiator instead. Although having a locked CPU means you can get away with an air cooler. For that price you can get the Be Quiet! Dark Pro 3 and have less risk of water leaks and its maintenance free

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16835220081

https://m.newegg.com/Product/Index?itemNumber=9SIA68V21E0640&Keyword=Dark%20Pro%20be%20quiet
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi, ye all! smiley. i know alot of you would have been wondering what is situation is with the famed "nairaland build"....you know, it has been shipped for some time now,,...why are there no updates?, some would have felt..well it could be a scam , yet again, a greater majority of you will just keep an open mind an see if Akbliv010 can be trusted......well the answer to ye all is , nairaland build has been recieved by me , in Asaba, nigeria cheesy and you can put your trust in Akbliv010 grin...am going to be posting some pictures of the delivery and unpacking timeline, so ye all can appreciate this whole THING!...QUICK NOTE HERE...my camera isn't as sharp as Akbliv010's so you will just have to bear with me.:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
Delivery man taking the package from the delivery van's booth @ summit junction Asaba....

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Yeah! the baby is on Asaba land yo!

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
Before it left.

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
Now in the booth of my car

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
Opening up to make sure...you what! grin

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
ok, this should be the monitor smiley

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
BOOM! there it it is, well packed arrived without a scratch! shocked

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
JUst to run through that all components are accounted for

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
bertoseve:
JUst to run through that all components are accounted for

Roll call!

Monitor - present sir
Desktop - present sir
KB&M - present sir

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
Preliminary setup and stratup in my office...i was still @ work bytheway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wonderful. Wonderful!!!!!! Infact double Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Finally got the baby setup @ home!...what are your thoghts guys?.... wink

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
bertoseve:
Finally got the baby setup @ home!...what are your thoghts guys?.... wink

Your wallpaper sucks! Lol... Joking man, nice setup. I envy you man.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
More..more!!! just love taking pics of this baby..lol grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Bro e don do na!!! Meanwhile keep it coming....

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
KazukiIto:
Wonderful. Wonderful!!!!!! Infact double Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Thanks bro...most appreciated smiley
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
i must say this,.. in this era where trust is very expensive and integrity is as disposable as a dirty rag, Akbliv010 was able to hold up on his integrity and deliver,even with a lot of personnel & financial sacrifices ( he could have easily looked the other way, ..you know we don't know each other prior to this platform and he is in Manchester , am in Asaba). I will like to commend you, my brother! THANKS A MILLION!... just as someone said somewhere..."FAMILY ISN'T WHOM YOU ARE BORN WITH, BUT THOSE YOU DIE FOR"

2 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
bertoseve:
i must say this,.. in this era where trust is very expensive and integrity is as disposable as a dirty rag, Akbliv010 was able to hold up on his integrity and deliver,even with a lot of personnel & financial sacrifices ( he could have easily looked the other way, ..you know we don't know each other prior to this platform and he is in Manchester , am in Asaba). I will like to commend you, my brother! THANKS A MILLION!... just as someone said somewhere..."FAMILY ISN'T WHOM YOU ARE BORN WITH, BUT THOSE YOU DIE FOR"

Heart felt bro...very motivational speech..that quote would have come from someone great!

So brother, what are you going to call your new PC?
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2016
AKBliv010:

Thanks bro...most appreciated smiley

No man...Thank you. There is a reason I mess with computers - it gives me joy. But I have greater joy when I make a fellow computer-lover happy. That's what bertosteve is feeling today. The 1000+ pics say it all. You are good at what you do, I hope you go higher. I will need your services certainly - in the future maybe. Do your thing man and roar louder.

PS: I will do free marketing for your services from now on. Thanks man..

2 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2016
Ok, now.....while growing up , i felt this attachment to anything ITALIAN, i love their way of speaking(Italian mafia movies) , their style of soccer(AC MILAN),.....once one of my friend's elder brother visited from the U.S,...after he played football and general hanging out with us, he said i should be called Berto not robert cos i was the "black Italian"[..so the story of the black Italian BERTO started, everything i own was referred to as Berto'sthis or Bertos..that, so am going to name this PC as BERTOSRIG! quote author=AKBliv010 post=49593313]

Heart felt bro...very motivational speech..that quote would have come from someone great!

So brother, what are you going to call your new PC?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by Ayoro(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2016
How i wish others can copy his integrity and make the world a global village where you can stretch your hands and get what you want without fear of fraudsters. @AKBliv010 you are the real deal.

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by ultmatmus(m): 9:09am On Sep 23, 2016
bertoseve:
More..more!!! just love taking pics of this baby..lol grin
how much is the total cost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Increase Your RAM And Play HD games On Low End Android Phones / Ibadan Gamers Here / Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.