Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. (19706 Views)

My Girl Is Having A Side Nigga (see How I Caught Her) / Lady Announces She Wants A Boyfriend On Twitter, The Response She Got Is Beyond / Lady Tweets She Wants A Porsche SUV, Few Days Later Her Man Made It Happen(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
I really needed to make Claire understand that l wasn't comfortable with the direction she's apparently taking this whole thing to.
The problem was how to put it tactfully,so as not to aggravate an already tensed situation.

''Claire,l really don't understand why you are mad,''l began with all honesty,''but like l said,l'm sorry and l mean it'',l said,trying to soften the ground before l table the main topic.
''you are so insensitive and you lack respect for a lady'',she fumed.
''wow!!! That's a bit harsh. And you figured all that just one day with me?'',l said casually,smiling.
I observed she was relaxed now.
''your action that day tells alot about you'',she said.

Meanwhile,l was still trying to get my head around where l actually did wrong that day. Nothing came up. But l didn't want to argue. There was no point.
So l agreed.
''l know l was wrong,'' l admitted against my will,''l have some character flaws. That was one of them. I will make it up.''
''how?'',she asked. Smiling for the first time.
''by buying you a drink'',l replied.
That cracked her up.
''That's your idea of making up?'',she asked with laughter.
I just shrugged and thought to myself,this is the right moment to bring up the topic.

''so,how's your boyfriend?'',l asked.
''he's fine'',she replied quickly. ''pls can you ask the barman to bring a bottle of smirn off?''

l noticed she would rather not discuss her boyfriend. But l felt we needed to straighten things up before l have myself entwined in a relationship that l wasn't prepared for.

''Claire,we are friends. Right?''
''yeah,what's up?'',she said looking at me wondering what l was going to say next.

I was wondering too. I couldn't find the right words to explain to her that what we have can not transcend beyond sexual relationship.

''l'm a better friend than a lover'',l said coolly and searching her face to see if she got the message.

I was surprised,and relieved too,when she burst into a wild laughter.
At this time the barman approached our table with her drink.
She was still giggling when she sipped from the bottle via a straw.

I just stared at her,my surprise turning into curiousness.
''what's funny?'',l inquired.
''you know,l just remembered you once told me how scared you were of relationship. I really thought you were joking. But this...'',she paused for another bout of laughter,''this stuff you just said. You needed to see the fear on your face when you said it''
l felt embarrassed. I didn't know l was that obvious. I couldn't help but laugh a little at myself.
''poor boy,you must really have been hurt to be this scared'',she said mockingly as she stroke my nose.

l just smiled. I looked at her and thought to myself,''you have no clue who's in front of you''.
l wasn't happy she was taking the whole thing as one big joke.
I really wanted us to define the relationship before things get murky.

''so tell me about your family'',Claire said as she conveniently deviated from the topic.
Well,l said to myself,''l've tried''.
So l obliged her as we forgot the topic and discussed other issues.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Efewestern:

Have been following this post since 3days nw..even argue with em ladies.. oga if u know say u nor go complete am talk.. Abeg.. don put us for high jump u begin speak grammar

Just ignore the ladies and continue with the story..

hahhaha.
No worry. Just calm down.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Afterwards,we had sex a couple of more times. We did alot of crazy things together,alot. She met my friends and l met hers.
She told me she doesn't care how l live my life,l could bang any girl l want.
''just don't come close to any of my friends'',she'd jokingly told me.

On my part,l was so relieved that she got the message.
She calls and receives calls from her boyfriend in my presence and l didn't really give a hoot. Although,sometimes l feel pity for the guy,whoever he was,and my resolve to stay out of any committed relationship reaffirmed.

We were all cool.
Finally l was playing my role as the side nigga with peace of mind.
No jealousy,no possessiveness,no funny questions about where l was or who l was with,no nothing.

I didnt know when it started,but then l noticed she stopped referring to me by my name. Instead,she was calling me baby,boo and other affectionate titles.
I didn't suspect anything at the time,so l just brushed it off. I still called her by name though.

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Chimourinho(m): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
More.....
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
One Friday,Claire happened to come to my place around past 10pm. She didn't call to say she was coming. She only called when she was at the gate.

I asked her what she was doing here at that time. She gave me a story of how her two friends left her in the house alone and went clubbing.
How she was scared to be all alone in such a big house.
''so why didnt you go with them?'',l inquired.
''l dont like clubbing'',she said.
''and why did you take the risk of coming here without calling. What if l wasn't home?'',l asked with all sense of curiousness.
She had no reply to that.

She spent the night at my place for the first time,and that marked the beginning of my problems.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Please Update soon!..thanks
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
The next morning l woke up early as usual and went for road work. She was still sleeping when l left the house.
By the time l returned she was up already and had done some chores. She even made breakfast of tea and toasted bread. I was impressed and carried away,hence failed to see the writing on the wall. (mistake number 2)

For some funny reasons l wasn't eager for her to leave. So l gave her one of my big tee and a boxer to put on as she only came last night with the cloth she wore and her nighty.

She made spaghetti for lunch. After we ate we both laid on the bed playing scrabble. I caught her a couple of times staring.
''why are you staring at me like it's your first time being with someone famous?'',l joked.
She smiled at the joke,''there's something l have to tell you. But l don't how?''
''you are pregnant.''
''nooo''
''ok,then you are a witch?''
''nooo,go away jor'',she said as she nudged me.
''so what could be so heavy that you don't know how to tell me?'',l asked.
''don't worry. I will tell you when l'm prepared''
''okay'',l replied.

From experience,l've known it is a bad idea to insist on hearing what a woman wants to say. If she asks you to forget,pleases for your sake,forget it. Do not push it. Chances are whatever it was she wanted to say won't be favourable to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by worrisome: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2016
op mention me when you update. .. am really liking it...

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 30, 2016
At about 6pm that same day,l got a call from my goons to meet them at our spot. I ran into the bathroom,showered,brushed up,put myself into some nice cloths and was ready to zoom.

I observed she was wearing a sad face and so l asked her what the problem was.
''l don't want you to go out'',she said.
In my mind l was like,as per my mother abi as per my wife?
I told her l had to,those were my friends.
She asked me not to leave her alone,that l should forget my friends for today.

I just stared at her like she was going crazy.
Forego my goons and my liquor just to stay indoor with a woman?
Even my ancestors will be disappointed.
Of course l couldn't tell her that.
''hey,l will be back soon okay? There are noodles in the kitchen in case you feel hungry. Drinks in the fridge'',l said like a caring man would.
With pouting mouth and childlike attitude she replied,''l don't want all these things. I want you,l will be bored if you go''.

Ah ah. See me see wahala o. These are the kind of things l am avoiding,reason l stay off relationships. And this one is here telling me what l don't understand.

''would you like to come along?'',l suggested whilst praying she would say no.
''no,l'd rather go back home''.

I almost jumped for joy when l heard that.
''okay,let me wait for you to freshen up so we'd leave together'',l said with a big grin as l breath the air of freedom.

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by lieNEWS: 12:52am On Aug 30, 2016
I have been following this thread for three days now. Today making it 4. But didn't want to comment before someone would quote m an twist what I said undecided. But OP why are u bent on putting us in suspense.

Complete this story na make we know Wetin happen for last fight. grin

About that tickle of a thing. If u see my bae no try am oo coz the way she go jump up scatter body go make u thinks say she day possessed. grin And secondly u go have to re-buy all the breakable thing she buy coz she go throw away everything like say na electric shock her grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2016
I blocked my goons at our favourite spot where we normally go to drink and eat roasted fish. We don't take girls along,just us. Drink,eat roasted fish and discuss issues from the most frivolous to the most serious.
We discuss football,family,politics,economy,girls,business and everything.

It was a ritual,every Saturday evening. And this particular Saturday l almost forgot because l was with Claire. Good thing l got that call.

When l arrived,my goons where already on their second bottle. The barman knows my brand and l ordered him to bring me two at a stretch.
I needed to catch up with these drunken men,l told him.

''oboy,wetin make you dey come now na?'' Raw threw the first salvo.
''baba l don enter one chance. I no know who send me'',l replied as l turned my bottle of legend into a glass cup.
I quickly gulped that one. I turned a second time and the bottle was empty. I gulped again and emptied the glass.
I belch loudly,opened the second bottle,turned the content into the glass cup,then looked at my friends and said ''now,we are equal. Shall we continue.''

We laughed,insulted ourselves,tell jokes about us,reminded ourselves about a certain mess-up we did some years back.

I was so in the moment when l noticed my phone ringing.
It was Claire.
''hi Claire''
''hi,are you with your friends now?''
''yeah,we just having fun''
''with your other girls,abi''
l burst into a loud laugh.
''are you jealous?'',l played along.
''just make sure you use a condom'',she said to me.
I laughed again,''well you know l'm always strapped''.
''l guess you are home now'',l said.
''yes l am''.
''how are your friends'',l asked her.
''they are fine. But they are feeling sick from hangover'',she replied.
''ok. Say me hi to them. I have to go now''
''ok,l miss you'',she said.
''l miss you,too'',l replied. Wasn't sure if l said that for courtesy sake or just to get her off the phone.

''come,na who be that girl wey you dey deceive?'' asked Sheddy.
''na Claire. That my friend'',l replied.
''oboy,which one be friend. Give me that girl if you no wan chop am. See fine girl wey you dey waste'',it was Raw again.
''Raw,if you want Claire,come and collect. But as you dey come bring me that your fine sister wey l wan marry''.
''ubanku'',was the reply.
We all laughed and ordered more bottles as we did so.
The fish seller brought four roasted fishes,each per person.

I was just having my fun when my phone rang again.
Claire,again.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2016
lieNEWS:
I have been following this thread for three days now. Today making it 4. But didn't want to comment before someone would quote m an twist what I said undecided. But OP why are u bent on putting us in suspense.

Complete this story na make we know Wetin happen for last fight. grin

About that tickle of a thing. If u see my bae no try am oo coz the way she go jump up scatter body go make u thinks say she day possessed. grin And secondly u go have to re-buy all the breakable thing she buy coz she go throw away everything like say na electric shock her grin

hahahaha.

That means her current full be that.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by lieNEWS: 1:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Thebachelor:

hahahaha.

That means her current full be that.
her current fullness day give me fullness of joy grin
I private touch = I free kick grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by MrWhaley: 1:23am On Aug 30, 2016
Egbon Thebachelor,finish this thing at a stretch naa...warris all these?? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Op, am just waiting and watching U. Interesting......
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Op, am just waiting and watching U. Interesting......
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 30, 2016
''hey baby''
''did you just call me baby?'',she asked.
''yeah,l did. Are you offended?'',l asked.
''no o. Just surprised'',she replied.
''why?''
''l don't know. It's just surprising'',Claire chipped.

I wasn't surprise though.
I could be very charming and lovey-dovey when l have lots of liquor in my system.
So it was the booze talking,not me.

''so why did you call?'',l asked her coolly.
''nothing. Just missing you and wanted to hear your voice'',she replied.
''really. You could have just asked me for a voice note the other time. Though,l would have charged you for it. But not much'',l played.
''how much?'',she asked

''come,you sure say na just friend she be?'',Raw interrupted.

''who was that'',Claire asked.
''my friend. Claire l have to go now. Bye'',l hung up before she had the chance to say anything that would require a response from me.

The phone rang again and this time l got irritated. I didnt take the call. She was disrupting my fun,our fun.

She rang me again a couple more times,but l didn't pick.

Next thing l saw was a very long text message professing her love for me. I thought l was drunk,so perhaps,my brain was just playing a few drunken tricks.

We drank till about 11:45pm. Lee,the fourth guy amongst us,who drinks the least was charged with the responsibility of driving each one of us to his abode.

When l got home,l fell like a log of wood on my bed and dozed off.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 30, 2016
I woke up around 4am feeling very thirsty and hungry. My head was pounding so hard that l wished l could take it off and keep it somewhere till it stops.
I knew it was because of the binge drinking the night before. I vowed never to drink that much again. But l made that same vow last weekend and was sure l will make it again the following week.

I opened the fridge,carried one sachet water and down the whole thing. I checked my shelve and saw a row a panadol extra. I swallowed two tabs.

Then l staggered into the kitchen and struggled to prepare some noodles. My head was aching so bad that l couldn't even stand straight.
Damn!!! ''l wish l have a maid or somethin'',l thought aloud.
Then Claire crossed my mind,and l had this vague recollection about a text l received from her.

Since l lacked the strength to make any noodles,l just respected myself and put some garri inside a bowl of cold water. Put groundnut,sugar and milk,then settled down on my bed to read Claire's message again.

When l picked up my phone,l saw 17missed calls.
''what the heck'',l thought.
She must have made the calls when l was in a slumber.

I read her message again. This time with a sober mind. She said she loves me and couldn't be without me,in summary.
My heart jumped. This was the last thing l wanted.
I wasn't down for this,mehn.
As l sat on the bed drinking my garri l was strategizing the best route out of this web.
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Beamborla(f): 2:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Kontinu cheesy
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 30, 2016
The pounding in my head was lighter now. I paced around the room thinking of how to deal with the Claire situation. Like my flings before her,she's gotten too close. Too attached. If she liked me before,she loves me now. There was no doubt about that.
I knew l needed to flee.
I needed to cut off from her. Someone may get hurt - emotionally - but it had to be done.
I wasn't ready to get tied down again. The thought of that sent chill down my spine.
Impulsively,l opened the fridge and grabbed the last can of black bullet l saw.
I sipped the energy drink slowly,not minding my head ache.

Suddenly,my phone rang. I grabbed to see who it was.
Claire. This early? You be winch? I thought to myself.
I threw it back on the bed.
Pacing about the room and thinking to myself.

Can't a brother just have sex with a girl without being dragged into a relationship in this part of the world.
Why do they always have to get attached.
I was okay being the side man.
Be with your man. I don't need his position. If you feel l'm not suited for the position of a side nigga,then dump me. Dont promote me to the main nigga.

I thought to myself till the break of dawn. Then decided on what to do.....

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 30, 2016
I didnt go to church that Sunday,rarely do though.
I felt much better in the morning.
I entered a conference call that morning with my goons and we all had the same hangover experience,except for Lee who drank just little.

While l was on the call,Claire's call just kept coming. I excused myself from the conference call. Claire called again,l picked.

''baby,why are you doing this to me? I've been calling since lastnite. I was worried about you. Are you okay?''
l took a deep breath and sighed,''we need to talk,Claire''
''ok,l will come over to your place...''
''no. Let's meet at that spot close to your place by 5pm'',l told her.
''why can't we meet at your place?''she inquired.
''cos l'm going out and won't be back in time'',l lied.
''ok'',she said,and hung up.

I collapse on the bed,thinking of what to eat this morning.

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 30, 2016
There's no easy way to tell a girl it's over. Especially a girl that is so into you.
I knew l couldn't date Claire.
And it wouldn't be fair stringing her along.
The only option opened to me at the time was to man up and tell her we needed to keep our distance.

I got to the venue 15minutes early,surveyed the vicinity - it's a habit - then sat down where l could get a good view of the surroundings.

I refused to take any alcohol,l just ordered for table water. I needed to be as sober as possible.

I texted her that l was waiting. 10minutes later she came in through the entrance,all smiles.
As usual,she dressed to kill. But l didn't care.

She looked so happy and lively when she saw me that l was tempted to have a change of mind.

If l'm the reason for the smile on that face,why should l be the reason for the disappearance of the smile. But then,it's for the best,l thought.

Immediately she sat down,l dropped the bombshell,''we need to stop being friends''.
She stared at me as if she was looking for a hint to show l was joking.
I was impassive.

She just wore a mischievous smile and said coldly,''not possible''.
Now it was my turn to search her face for an element of joke.

I was shocked by that response to say the least.
The calmness with which she said it scared me.
I had actually expected her to go hysterical and all girlish.
Then l will try to console her and make her understand why it has to be this way.

But her calmness and short response unsettled me.
It scattered my plan.
And for the first time l took note of a devilish looking tattoo on her upper left arm. It wasn't really visible because of her skin colour. But if you look well enough you will see the damn thing.

I gathered myself quickly and spoke,''what did you say?''
''l said it's not possible'',she repeated.
''what's not possible?'',l asked.
''for you to use me,f*ck me as you like and dump me whenever you feel like'',she said with a tone that made me very uncomfortable.
Her eyes expressed a certain danger that l never saw in her before.

F^ck!!! What have l gotten myself into.

I observed her keenly and realized behind this sweet sexy looking girl there's a very dangerous woman.
For a moment,I even flirted with the idea that she may be hiding a knife or weapon somewhere.

I quickly reaccessed the situation. Clearly,l underated her. Now l know l was not dealing with one sweet little thing that will take a break up by crying her eyes out on her pillow.
I was actually dealing with a drama queen,the kind that has very extreme emotions.
The kind of lady that can kill a man and kill herself.
They don't take a breakup without a drama,l've met them before.

I smiled calmly,and for the first time that day l realized l needed some alcohol.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Ghen ghen
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Beamborla(f): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Kontinu cheesy
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by SafeDavid(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Thank God you continued this story.

And to all those party poopers, shey una see yourselves?

@ thebachelor reporting live and asking you to fire on.

So much to learn from your story and that should be the goal of this thread.

Beats me why some people just decide to jump into conclusion over something they have no idea about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Op...it's like your own yaff meet you,,,,,,I'm krying for you in advance
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by photoshoot(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2016
Nice one op!!
Please ride on cheesy
You got a fan...
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Thebachelor:

And for the first time l took note of a devilish looking tattoo on her upper left arm. It wasn't really visible because of her skin colour. But if you look well enough you will see the damn thing.
Mehn You're very good. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by SafeDavid(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2016
VikingsOO7:
Mehn You're very good. cheesy

They yaf come again o!

Can you just let him be so he van focus on his story?

Please let's enjoy this tale abeg. grin
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2016
SafeDavid:

They yaf come again o!

Can you just key him be so he van focus on his story?

Please let's enjoy this tale abeg. grin

Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by worrisome: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Op! Op! Op! How many times I call you? hmmm you have entered. infact am waiting for the last fight. come and kontinu
Re: I Was Okay As The Side Nigga... Now She Wants A Pound Of Flesh. by Lovelynature(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Op...it's like your own yaff meet you,,,,,,I'm krying for you in advance
lol you go like story wella. See as me and you dey follow this thread back to back, and op keep toiling with people's emotions.

Hope you are learning how to fall in love wink. Learn from Claire. That's if you ain't even the one undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ridiculous Misconception And Assumptions About Men / Whats Your Star Sign ? Check In To See Your Match. / Street Food Competition Offers Food Vendors Platform To Showcase Their Talents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.