Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,885 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351498 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
olatex25:
Hmm bibi, u are doin a gr8 job here, kip it cumin.. #OluwaIsUrStrenght

thank u bro

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jay542:
Happy Birthday NikitaNike. No1 Ghost reader. I hope you had a blast.? smiley

happy born day Nikky

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
jessyjames100:
More oil to u loving u stories well done ;DMore oil to u loving u stories well done

thank u babe * kisses*
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
swann:
bibijay..
I just wanted to read this story quietly but then Aunt maggie?!?!
More creativity to your brain sistergirl...
plus, i think your profile pic is amazing. is that a crotchet work?

thank u babe. yea it is a crotchet work.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Girl360(f): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
eitsei:
yes, we do exist grin
Errh...
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
bibijay123:

dont let me divorce u ooo. what is wrong with kelvin? he was only being sweet n caring.

Lol; You dare not; have you forgotten how sweet I am? I'm sweeter than Kelvin just that this his own caring na from another planet BTW I'm happy for Tomi sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
veekid:

Lol; You dare not; have you forgotten how sweet I am? I'm sweeter than Kelvin just that this his own caring na from another planet BTW I'm happy for Tomi sha

I didn't forget o jare. how' r u?
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Twizzy30(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bibi, thanks for the update. Abeg dedicate one update to me biko.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by eitsei(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Girl360:
Errh...
yap..I'm a typical example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Girl360(f): 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
eitsei:
yap..I'm a typical example
Ayyee lucky you cheesy
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
bibijay123:

I didn't forget o jare. how' r u?

I'm fine bae; but do you know I still can't comprehend how dynamic you're? Plus how many language do you speak
Imagine the way you twisted Yoruba into English like you're one ........ you're such a blessing and one in a million. More ink to your pen, more oil to your brain and more potentials to wherever you're getting your juice from.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by jacy67(f): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Aww! thanks so much for dedicating such wonderful episode to me. You would sure make a great sister in -law, wink
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dedicated to Twizzy30, Iamlukas, MrAmerica, Lumzybo,CivilizedTyger,remiseyi

* Continues*

Kelvin

" What are you doing here?"

" Oh Kel you are back" she said sweetly, she stretched out both hands. " Come to bed''

" You still haven't answered my question! what are you doing here and in my bed Linda? "

" Kelvin please grow up! What does it seem like?" She hissed.

I turned the door knob. " You have some growing up to do too."

She jumped up and hugged me from behind. " I am sorry. Please don't go, don't leave me in here all alone "

'' What game are you playing this time?" I asked.

" This is no game, i swear. I have decided to honour our Fathers decision. I want to marry you Kelvin".

" How much did your father pay you to agree to the marriage proposal? "

I felt her flinch as if i had landed a mortal blow on her jaw. She pulled back..

" I know i haven't been a good person. I know i don't deserve a chance but please hear me out. Do you really know who i am Kelvin? do you know how lonely i get? do you know that i cry myself to sleep every night? do you have any idea how much pain and bitterness is in my heart? " she sat down on the bed." I am sorry, i will pick up my things and leave "

I felt like a leech. She looked so vulnerable and lonely. So unlike the tough mean lady i knew her to be." No, i will bed down in another room. You stay here."

I walked out of the room, i could hear her sniffling back tears. I just couldn't walk away from her. I pushed back the door, pulling it close after me.

" What do you want?" she asked, wiping away the tears.

" I want to hear your story"

" No. You won't believe me anyway."

" Trust me"

" My life is in danger and this is the only way i could be saved."

" Your life is in danger? have you notified the authorities? "

." No. I have my reasons"

" Talk to me Linda. Who wants to harm you and why won't you tell the police? "

" It was the same person that murdered my mother "

" What do you mean? your mother died from the hole in her heart! She wasn't murdered! i should have known you will pull a stunt like this! are you saying all these to buy my pity?"

" I am not lying! why would i lie about something like that! I loved my mother!" She picked up her bag and shoes. " I knew you won't believe me".

I held her back as she made to brush me aside. " If your life is in danger shouldn't the authorities be aware ? and if you know your mother' s murderer why have you brought him or her to book? why should i believe you Linda?"
" Kelvin......feel my heartbeat. Look into my eyes, you will see the truth reflected in them."
" Who?"
She shook her head. " I can't tell you but marriage to you will keep me safe. Please help me"

" How do i know you didn't cook this up? and how will you being my wife keep you safe?"

" I know it will. I know. "

" How long have you known this?"

" I saw him. He stifled the breath out of her with a pillow. and he has promised me similar fate if i breathe a word of it out."

" How old were you then? Eight? Are you sure you didn't imagine all that? you were very dramatic as a child."

" I have resisted this union for so long! why would i change my mind now?"

" Power. You like being in control. I don't know!" I scratched my head. " Your father murdered your mother?" I guessed. Her ashen palor confirmed that wild guess. " Why? what was his motive?"
" No. No. He wasn't the one!" She cried out too quickly.

" You need to report him Linda".

" Kelvin i was only eight years old! who would believe me? my father is an influential man, he has the right connections too! who would fucking believe me?" She burst into tears.

I pulled her into my arms.. " It will be fine"

'' Do you believe me now?" She choked out.

" Yes "

" Why do you believe me kelvin?"
'' I believe you because Tosin' s mother was shamefully cast out five years ago by his father. It has just come to light that the poor woman was innocent and the whole scandal was masterminded by his grandmother. In this our world., anything is possible. "

" Will you keep me safe?"

" Yes" i promised. " With my last breath "

" Will you marry marry me?"

Tomi' s rosy cheeks, her smiles, her trusting heart and warm eyes flashed before my eyes.

" I don't know " i said truthfully.

TBC

14 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by eitsei(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Girl360:

Ayyee lucky you cheesy
lol.. Yeah
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by lumzybo: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks bibi 4 the dedication. Though I came in a little late. Even without the dedication, I wuld av given my input like I always did.

Hope saying wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Won't turn me into an ambulance according to Mugabe ?

Keep the Flag flying girl, u are 1 hell of a writer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 5:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Smart Kelvin

Intelligent writer with a killer twist

3 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2016
veekid:
Smart Kelvin
Intelligent writer with a killer twist

Thank u dear... Good morning.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by yorhmienerd(m): 10:04am On Sep 12, 2016
I pray I live to see the end of this with this killer suspence nd twist Bibi is bringing in...
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Crusherdaniels(m): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2016
bibi .. you re the bomb ... notify me of new updates ... I'll be heartbroken if I miss the next episode

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by rachealfst(f): 11:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Nice story, thanks for the update.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by stainless239(f): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2016
please continue!!!!!!!!!
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by iykekelvins(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
Loving every single update.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
stainless239:
please continue!!!!!!!!!

Repeating ^^
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
Dedicated to crusherdaniels,
Yorhmienerd , Girl360, Johnwizey,aminat02

.* Continues*

Tomi

I was making a cold sand which for myself when Dantata walked in, flashing me a killer grin which i was sure most women fall prey to. I ignored him and continued shredding the boiled chicken breast for the sand which.

" Hey pretty. How are you?" he drawled.

I started humming a song whilst mixing the chicken with mayornaise in a bowl. I made two wraps, placed them on a tray and sashed out of the kitchen with him trailing behind.

'' Tomi I am sorry. Please forgive me buddy"

" Dantata i don't know what you are apologizing. Care to enlighten me?"

" Awww Tomi! come on!" He said throwing his hands up in frustration. " Alright. I neglected my buddy and i wasn't there for her when she needed me." He said dramatically.

" Alright! I will let you off the hook just this one time "

" Thank you princess" he said charmingly." So what's up?"

I gave him one of the wraps and proceeded to tell him every thing that had happened. He listened attentively and offered advice. I couldn't help forgiving him. The door was forced open and Richie walked in.

" Wow! So now you are a classical slut! Who is this one again? " Richie said, walking inside. " Is this why you don't pick my calls anymore?"

I went into my bedroom, retrieved his ring. " Take your stup.id ring and leave me alone!" i flung the velvet box at him." Go away!"
" Tomi why are you doing this?"
" You heard her Mister! take your sorry ass out of here!" Dantata said, advancing on him.

" You have not seen the last of me!" He spat out, picking up the box and left muttering under his breathe.

" was that the crazy ex?"

" Yes one and only"

" The dude is truly crazy. I think his ego is hurt because it was you who broke things off with him." Dantata said. '' Maybe he's obsessed with you".

" I am getting fed up of this drama! I feel like a cast in a Mexican love drama "

He laughed. " How about the other guy? The hero. What's up with him?"

'' Kelvin? we......we are good i guess. I like him, a lot "

" You be careful okay? i don't want you getting hurt"

" I will"
Kelvin

I sat up in bed. My head felt as heavy as lead. I know what goes on in our circles, wives cuckolding their husbands, husbands having mistresses with b.astards outside their home. So many political and business arranged marriages. What i couldnt wrap my mind around is murdering your own wife! the mother of your kids! I wondered what his motive was. Money. That was the only thought that comes to mind. The late Jennifer Nwosu was an only child and an heiress. It made sense that the person who would wish her dead most was her spouse. He stands to benefit more from her death. If he could murder his wife heartlessly, he could also murder his daughter just to keep that secret safe and it would mean one more beneficiary out of the way. My heart went out to the little girl who had witnessed her mother' s murder and there was a rumor that Maggie had easily slipped into the role of mistress as soon she died.

My life was becoming complicated. I don't know how to untangle myself from the web of my father' s greed. Tomi. Sweet young girl, without a care in the world. She was so trusting and open minded. My thoughts keeps wandering back to her.

I let out a sigh of frustration. " My dad will be on my case till i take that walk of pain down the aisle and someone' s life is also at stake now!" I said outloud, pulling on my shirt." I can't drag Tomi into this mess." i decided.

" Son may i come in?" Mom asked, knocking on my door.

" Yes mom"

She walked in and planted a kiss on my cheek " Good morning dear. How was your night?"

" Good morning mom. My night was fine"

" Kelvin please sit. I want to talk to you "

We sat down.

" What is the emergency you spoke of last night?"

" My son you know that i love you very much and your happiness is key to me and i will never give you any Ill advice"

I nodded.

" I overhead your father talking to his lawyer last night. He wants to cut you off, out of his will and he wants to will the companies to only Tolu, your younger brother " she whispered. " O de mo pe eniyara logun gbe" she went on.

I felt my blood raising through my vein." He wouldn't dare! I made that company what it is today! I will fight him in court! That company is mine as much as it is his"

" My dear. He is your father and this is Africa, Nigeria. Will you listen to me?"

I nodded.

" You see that girl, Linda, i don't like her too. She's just too rude and sassy. Her tongue is as swift as a new blade and her mother had a condition. How do we know that the children she will give birth to won't have that disease of the heart? Sugbon o da ki a pe werey lo Oga."

I nodded my head again. She placed her hand on my thigh.

" Kelvin, oko mi, please marry her just to please your father. " she raised up her hands. " I know you have a girl you love somewhere, you are a handsome young man. See, when you marry Linda and your father is happy with you. We can arrange one small wedding between you and that girl you love! " she announced. " She can live abroad while you stay here with Linda"

" I can't mom. I can't live a double life".

" It is not a new thing! Hope you know that your father has a mistress? when i lay my hands on that tooth pick ashawo ehen she will hear wen. Even Linda' s father has a mistress! that Maggie woman!"

" Auntie Maggie?" i couldn't keep the surprise out of my voice.

" I have been in this world before you. I know what i am saying."

" Thank you mom. I will think about it"

" Will you be going to the office today?"

" Yes mom. Has Linda left?"

" That one? Shior! she's waiting for you downstairs. Remember this situation requires tact. I will go tell cook to make you something." She stood up.

" Thank you mom".

We had Breakfast in stony silence. I breathe a sigh of relief when Linda announced that she was leaving. I watched mom hug her and invited her to come again. I shook my head. Our world is really crazy and it was filled with false love. I drove down to the office, honked severally but the gateman didn't open it. I got down angrily and banged on the gate loudly.
" Yes?" A scarred face mopol asked.

" Na Oga son" another one replied him.

" Sir we have orders not to let you in" scar face informed me

" Who fucking gave you that stvupid order? "

" Chief " he replied tersely, before banging the gate in my face.

TBC

Please like, share, comment and criticize the write ups!

19 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
iykekelvins:
Loving every single update.

I named a character after u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
Crusherdaniels:
bibi .. you re the bomb ... notify me of new updates ... I'll be heartbroken if I miss the next episode

updated. thanks.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I pray I live to see the end of this with this killer suspence nd twist Bibi is bringing in...

lol u will live to see it n more in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
dominique:
Finally!!! I don refresh this page tire. Thanks for another juicy update, you're tha bestest smiley

thank u too sis. God bless u * kisses*
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
lumzybo:

Thanks bibi 4 the dedication. Though I came in a little late. Even without the dedication, I wuld av given my input like I always did.

Hope saying wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Won't turn me into an ambulance according to Mugabe ?

Keep the Flag flying girl, u are 1 hell of a writer.

lol thanks bro. you are welcome.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by sheba222(f): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Woow nice one.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by suregalluv(f): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Wow! bibi you are really talented ..this is my first time of commenting. Keep the fire burning and pls tag me in the next update

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by iykekelvins(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
bibijay123:

I named a character after u.
You're the best bibi, Thanks kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.