Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351528 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by walethb(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
oopps
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by jurist21(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
a big shout out to my twin, my friend special. for making front page with this work of art. am so proud of you BiBi, go on make us proud for life.
still preparing to join you fully here very soon.
congrats once more!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by chii8(f): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
I refuse to be an ungrateful reader,i have read through Allen Avenue to this one,you are really talented,thanks for a wonderful piece....Bibi
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by starboyflight(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Cool story...
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Eniqurl(f): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Weldne Bibi...
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by zizytd(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
I will be a cruel person after reading this and said nothing. You have made this public holiday not dull for me.@ bibijay123 ur writing ink will never run dry, ur imaginative skills will never depart from you. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ebubeEnyioha(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
I can't keep calm. bae u r good!!! waiting!!!
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Crusherdaniels(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
thumbs up dear
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by sotozo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
crazygod:

Oga stop that play o.... Do u know how long I've been asking bibijay out? Just don't interfere in what God has destined. angry

You have been asking her out but she don accept my own proposal already. I no even woo her before she gree
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
* Continues*

Tomi

Ever since that night Kelvin walked out my heart ceased to beat. It was like he had forcefully wrenched it out of my chest. For three days, i cried myself to sleep. I despised how weak i had become. I loathe the kind of woman i had turned out to be. When will i start fighting for myself? when will i learn to do away with self pity? why should the spoilt bratty lindas of the world have it all? on the third day i resolved within myself to dust myself up and pick up the shards of my life. I started by cleaning out the whole of my apartment, next phase, was sorting out my wardrobe. I packed up the clothes i no longer had use for and boxed them up for those who truly needed it.
I checked my mail on my laptop. There were were tons of messages, one of them was an invite to our high school reunion. Some were friend requests from Facebook, some were pms from a popular forum called Nairaland, some were scam messages from scammers claiming to come from Burkina Faso and being in possession of some mysterious Millions of dollars which they have decided to reward me with. I deleted most of the messages including the friend requests and the pms. I stared hard and long at the reunion invitation. There had been several invites over the years but i didn't honour any of them. I clicked on it and checked the date and venue. There was going to be an award of some sort, the venue was d' renaissance hotel, hall 3. Time was 5 pm to 10 pm. I typed a quick message and pressed send.
I scrolled down and saw an interview invite. It was from a company i sent my CV to weeks ago. I checked them out on the internet again. It was a luxury company, they produce wrist watches, shoes, accessories and jewelries. They also make designer wears and had an international fashion magazine. Although the post vacant wasn't something i had experience in but i thought it would look good on my CV so i applied and hoped for the best. The interview was scheduled for the next day at 10.am. I sent up a quick prayer of thanks to God for reminding me to check my mail. I surfed the net a bit before going to set out what i would wear to the interview tomorrow.
My alarm woke me up by 5.00am and by 6.45am i was already out of the house so i would beat the Lagos Island traffic. I boarded a taxi so i won't be sandwiched between other commuters in a bus, God forbids, I don't want to endure sweaty and smelling armpits, noise and other passenger_conductor rants. The post i applied for was Human resource personnel, although i had no experience in that area i applied for it anyway. I spent the better part of my night, researching on it and i memorized some of the likely questions to be asked.

" We don reach ooo" the taxi driver announced.

I counted out four thousand and five hundred naira from my purse which i handed to him " Thank you Oga. You really tried for me"

" Nne Wetin man go do? for this buhari condition we haf to helep each others nau ".

I struggled not to roll my eyes. I checked the time on my wrist watch, 8.30 am. " Thank you"
I walked into the big black gate, endured the routine search and i was directed to go to the third floor. The receptionist was quiet nice and she also directed me to the third floor. I climbed the stairs, I was almost getting to the last stair case when i heard footsteps behind me and i whirled around.

" Good morning " i said cheerfully.

The handsome young man whose face was a bit familiar gave me a wide smile, revealing his sparkling white set of teeth.

" Good Morning Tomi, nice meeting you again"

I stood dazed, trying to recollect where we had met before. " Surprisingly we seem to have met each other before but sadly i don't recollect when or where"

" I am Victoria' s friend " he replied.

" Victoria' s friend...........Tosin! "

" Yes. What are you doing here?"

" I am here for an interview. You work here?"

" Yes i have been working here for five years now" he said with a little laugh.

" Wow! that's cool! I am interviewing for the post of an Hr personnel and I have no idea what an Hr personel does and neither do i have any experience of it"

He laughed. " Then what are you doing here?"

" Well i read up on it althrough the night! anyway i just want to give it a shot." I shrugged. " How about you? Which department do you work in? "

" I am the facility Manager. You used to work for Victoria' s sister right?"

" Yes. I was her assistant."

'' How long did you work with her and did you enjoy working for her?"

" 2 years and i loved working there. She was a great boss"

" You enjoyed working there?" He asked again.

" Yes, as a matter of fact i couldn't ask for a better working environment or remuneration. The other staffs were equally great to work with and i really enjoyed my brief time with them." I checked the time again.

" Which aspect of the job did you not like?"

I laughed. " I enjoyed and liked every aspect of it because it is the challenges that comes with each task that makes you a better employee and sometimes it even brings out skills which you never knew you had. Oops! I have to go now." I said, checking my wrist watch again.

" All the best"

" Thank you. Take care" I briskly walked up the stairs.

The interview wasn't so hard as i expected although there was some tricky questions which i failed to answer and in the end we were asked to go home. I was heating up something for dinner when i got a text message to come the next day. I tried not to be jubilant, it could mean that they wanted to personally tell me i wasn't fit for the job. Who knows? Nigerians could be so funny at times. After dinner i slept off on the couch and woke up there . It made remember my childhood days, those days where you fall asleep on the couch but wake up in your bed.
I showered and went to the bus stop to board a brt. I couldn't afford to spent the little money in my account recklessly when i wasn't certain the job was mine yet. I endured the security scrutiny once again and went into the elegant glass building. The nice, lovely receptionist was on duty again.
" Good morning" she called.

" Good morning"

" This time around you are to go to the fourth floor. Turn right, knock on the glass framed door and enter" she said gesturing. " The elevators are also working now"

" Thank you."
I knocked on the door and entered the elegant office. The decor reeked of masculinity, and wealth. The office definitely belonged to a man with a rich taste and class. I looked around uncertain if i should take a sit or not. The door opened and Tosin walked in wearing a faded jean and polo.

" Hi! we meet again" i said cheerfully. " How's work going today?"

" Fine. How are you?"

" I am fine.

" Please sit down".

I shook my head. " I will rather wait for the ummm.....boss to come "

He laughed. " Do you know how long it will take him to come?"

" Well i don't know but i will wait anyway. "

He shrugged. " Alright your choice."

He went round the table and sat on the leather chair. Unease snaked between my shoulder blades. I didn't want to believe what my mind was telling me. I lowered myself into the seat in front of me.

" My name is Tosin Williams and i am happy to welcome you to Williams Enterprise Holdings, Inc. Unfortunately, you can not work as a human resource personel because you have no experience in that area but you would be joining us as an executive assistant to the CEO." he said in a business like manner. He pressed a button on the intercom on his desk. " Mrs Steven.Please come to my office right away."

I was just staring at him like a rabbit caught in a trap. A middle aged lady walked in after a rasp knock on the door.

" Good Morning sir" she said.

" Good morning. Hope you are feeling better now?"

" Yes i am much better. Thank you sir "

" Good. This is Miss Tomi......." He flipped open a file on the desk." Yes, Miss Tomi Adebola. She's my new assistant. "

She gave me a kind smile. " Welcome on board"

" Thank you M'aam" i replied in a calm quiet voice.

" I want you to brief her about the job, remunerations etc. If she's okay with it then you know what to do next." he said in a voice used to issuing out commands.

" Alright sir. Miss Tomi please come with me"

I stood up still in bewilderment and followed her out of the office.

TBC

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
jurist21:
a big shout out to my twin, my friend special. for making front page with this work of art. am so proud of you BiBi, go on make us proud for life.
still preparing to join you fully here very soon.
congrats once more!

Hi Twinnie welcome back! aww u r not back fully, anyway i will be right here. Thank u bro!

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Olabantu(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
One thing I appreciate apart from the awesome story is the regular and stable update....you at awesome
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by crazygod(m): 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Tosin na Badoo. Bibijay tomi is ending up with tosin right? Right? I still prefer TOLVIN (Tomi and Kelvin) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by crazygod(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
By the way bibijay123, when u finally change this story to a miniseries on maybe mnet, abeg inform the producer that u have a guy that can produce the movie soundtrack

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by venronski(m): 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
I can't just resist myself from getting to d end of this. you made my day.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
chii8:
I refuse to be an ungrateful reader,i have read through Allen Avenue to this one,you are really talented,thanks for a wonderful piece....Bibi

Thank You
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
crazygod:
Tosin na Badoo. Bibijay tomi is ending up with tosin right? Right? I still prefer TOLVIN (Tomi and Kelvin) grin

lol I like TOLVIN too but I am not knowing for now if Tosin and Tomi will end up together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
crazygod:
By the way bibijay123, when u finally change this story to a miniseries on maybe mnet, abeg inform the producer that u have a guy that can produce the movie soundtrack

lol amen to that n i won't forget u produce movie sound track.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
zizytd:
I will be a cruel person after reading this and said nothing. You have made this public holiday not dull for me.@ bibijay123 ur writing ink will never run dry, ur imaginative skills will never depart from you. Thank you

Amen oooo. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Jumizie13(f): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
TO-mi-sin Hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by colossal18: 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
bibijay123...,I must confess u are a really great writer keep up d good work. bibijay123...,I must confess u are a really great writer keep up d good work.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
*ghost mood deactivated* Thanks for the update. #teamtomisin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by noblet2(f): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Angel Bibi...Kudos to you girl...You're amazing...

#TOMIVIN #VICTOSIN grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Freeezzz(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Baba God bin don dey pick Tomi('s) call o.
Still loyal to this thread like ISIS to terrorism #PunIntended
cool

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fidelismaria: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
interesting
I see she is moving in circles
serving family frnds

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by venronski(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
very rich writeup, I love it.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Eniqurl(f): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
Tosin my love grin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Djfemizle20: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pls whr is the remaining part of d story...pls I need to complete it

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Rhayne(f): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thank God Tomi's appearance didn't spoil show....she's beginning to take care of herself. Nice work Bibijay123...following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by MidasTouche01(m): 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
Eniqurl:
Tosin my love grin

Fine geh... leave Tosin and come with me kiss

Thumbs up Bibi.....

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Chapter Ten

Kelvin

I was on the way to my see my father when my phone buzzed out. I swiped the screen to the right and kept it on speaker.

" Hello Tos "

" What's up? still nursing your broken heart? he teased.

" Come off it dude unless you want to see my fist buried in your nose"

He laughed. " Easy boy. What are you doing tonight? Kelly is spending the night with my mom so i am a free man tonight."

" I am going to see my father. "

" What's up with that issue?" he asked.

"" He called to apologize and he want to see me."

" Will you marry her? especially now that her life is in danger"

" I don't want a murderer for a father in_law and i am going to tell my father that. I will find some other way to keep Linda safe."

" I think the best thing is to find a private investigator to dig into his past. Maybe he could find something else which we could use to put him behind bars."

" That is a good idea. How's Tomi?"

" I thought you would never ask. She's a very talented and dedicated person and a hard worker too" he gushed out. " She's fine"

" Tosin she's kind of .........." i scratched my beards uncertain how to begin. " She's um ........."

" What?"

" She's a bit clumsy and careless. Please be patient with her ".

" That doesn't match the description of my executive assistant she's anything but clumsy and careless".

" Alright. Just be patient with her, thanks."

" What are you going to do about her?" he asked.

" To be honest with you, i don't know. I don't want to drag her into this mess especially if i am going to camp down with a murderer' s daughter. Besides she made it plain it was just sex and meanwhile i didn't even f*uck her." I let out a pent up sigh. " She's the first woman i have made love to and that goes to show how much i feel for her."

" I understand you. I can't remember the last time i made love to any woman and i don't think i can even remember how to make love to one."

I laughed. " So you have only been f* ucking them and moving on to the next. Sharp guy!"

" Do you blame me?"He asked.

I pressed the horn in front of the gate. " I got to go. Please look out for my girl"

" Sure will. Laters"

The gate was opened and i drove into the compound. My eyes caught Mr Joseph' s jeep and i felt my blood boiling. How could my father be consorting with a murder? I could hear their loud laughter as i turned the door knob and walked in. Mom got up, a glass of wine in her hand. She welcomed me with a kiss. I exchanged pleasantries with the others present in the room. Mr Joseph and my father were discussing politics while the women were discussing fashion.

" Welcome Son" Dad said. "

" Thank you sir"
I got an empty glass and filled it with the red wine in front of them. They argued on about politics while i observed them. Merely looking at the middle aged Joseph Nwosu with his kind handsome face etched with some fine laugh lines along his jaw you would never know that he had a heart of stone. My glance shifted to my burly father with his loud laugh and jovial ways you would never guess that he was as cunning as the proverbial tortoise and he was just as greedy. Oyinye was vividly describing her time in London to the other women like they had never stepped a foot outside Lagos before.
She was a girl who had grown up in the slum and in abject poverty. She had even gone to high school on her church' s charity welfare. How she had wormed her way into high society baffles me. She had no gainful employment yet she lives a lavish life one can only imagine what she does to sustain her expensive lifestyle.
Victoria was munching on some snacks. She was a very beautiful girl with angelic features but she could do with some confidence and guts. She was also very timid, insecured and quiet. If i hadn't know how good a person Tosin was i would have gone to pluck her from his place the night he called to tell me she was at his place for some reasons he doesn't even know. What girl in her right mind would go stay with a hot blooded guy who lives alone with just his five year old daughter as chaperone?. My gaze shifted from her and settled briefly on Auntie Maggie. She was equally beautiful but i felt sorry for her, she was sleeping with a murderer and i could only hope she won't be the next to follow the late Jennifer Nwosu.
" Kelvin!" Mom shouted my name. " Where is your mind?".

" Sorry Mom."

" You haven't congratulated Maggie on her engagement "

I was stunned by the news but i got up and gave her a hug. " Congrats Auntie. Who is the lucky man? ".
She blushed.
" I am" Mr Joseph replied happily. " She has finally decided to make an honest man of me".

" Congratulations sir" i called out.

" Thank you son".

" You and Linda should hurry up and pick a date already" My father said.

" Maggie we have a lot of planning to do." Mom said. " I am giving my event decorator a call tomorrow. Your wedding has to be the talk of Town since it is your first and Linda' s own has to be just as glamorous. "

" Why should she have a glamorous wedding? after all dad has been married before and she's old." Linda said viciously.

" Maggie decides if she wants a glamorous wedding or not" her father reprimanded her. " Mind your manners young lady ".

" Linda don't forget the reunion is tomorrow " Oyinye said. " Have you informed your fiancé yet?"

" Oh Sweetheart. Tomorrow is Linda and Oyinye's school reunion, both pretty damsels have elected you to go with them" Mom said sweetly, she was persuading me to go.

" Or i could go with them" Dad said which drew laughter from the others.

" Kelvin i was going to tell you when we are alone" Linda said.

" You went to the same school with Oyinye? " I asked.

" Yes but i was her senior and we met during one of the reunion " She explained. " Please will you come? i will understand if you can't "

I said the only logical thing a gentleman would say." Sure i will come"

TBC

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ceejayxy(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2016
so i had to sign in my nl acct just to comment on this...u r a talented writer,a good story teller, n u got nice style...all i did today was read this story from d beginning to d latest

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.