Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351549 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by plus7(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Anugod:
Uncle why you lying? grin

Aunty why you lying? cheesy
.....lol

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by frankcris(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
thanks for the dedication...
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by tunjilomo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello,bibijay234 your story is mwuaaaaaah,beautiful.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ChiJenyfa(f): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nice story
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fidelismaria: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
wow

dis is incredible

I already removed Richie from d equation

u rily are a writer @bibijay123

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Taduma1(f): 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
God save oo, see how dis loser champion come wan spoil market for Tomi,people like him see themselves like small gods you need worship n serve, , dey never respect or honor an opposite sex ,dey behave as if you cant survive without them in yah life , but immediately you see things the way dey suppose to be / when you don wiseup, they became a parasite , they wouldnt let go , i beg Mr Richie Loser leave Tomi alone , people like you are like kaka ki eku ma je sese, afi i se awada nu yoruba prov since you cant have her , then no man should , sidon there dey day dream , oponu ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by frankcris(m): 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2016
Taduma1:
God save oo, see how dis loser champion come wan spoil market for Tomi,people like him see themselves like small gods you need worship n serve, , dey never respect or honor an opposite sex ,dey behave as if you cant survive without them in yah life , but immediately you see things the way dey suppose to be / when you don wiseup, they became a parasite , they wouldnt let go , i beg Mr Richie Loser leave Tomi alone , people like you are like kaka ki eku ma je sese, afi i se awada nu yoruba prov since you cant have her , then no man should , sidon there dey day dream , oponu ....

I thought this story is a fiction...

undecided
Taduma1:

the way you are taking it serious and talking about it...

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Taduma1(f): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
the way you are taking it serious and talking about it..

Everyone knows that de story is fictional , but sometimes our imaginations may be true, no offences....

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Angelinastto(f): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=bibijay123 post=49950335] Chapter seventeen

Tomi

I looked up from the plate of food in front of me. My fork paused midway to my mouth.

" What?" I asked, in disbelief.

" They've all been locked up " Kelvin repeated, Tosin, Victoria, Linda, the D.P.O said there was another guy with them. They all claimed to be the murderer".

" This sound funny even though it doesn't look it. What happened? Why would they do that?" I asked.

" I don't know" He replied." I' m going to see if i can bail their assess "

" Has Tosin' s father been Arrested? " I asked.

" He hasn't been in the country for a long while now." He replied, " So far, Linda is the prime suspect and she's going to court next week. Although the police are still investigating".

" I want to go see Tosin' s mother. God knows what the poor woman is going through now". I said.

" Are you sure babe? You need to rest" He said.

" I am pregnant, I am not crippled." I replied, shoving food into my mouth. " I will be fine dear"

He laughed. " Well becareful. My would_ be best man is locked up, I hope i will have some luck getting a bail for him and his ' criminal' gang. Then we can have our wedding." He leaned down and kissed me on my forehead." Be safe, my lazy girl" he joked, walking out of the room.

I finished my meal, took my plate to the kitchen sink to rinse it out. I drove down to Tosin' s house. His mother was on the couch when i entered. She smiled and welcomed me.

" Tomi how are you?" She asked kindly.

" I am fine ma" I replied, sitting down.

" I have not seen Tosin. Have you?" She asked, worriedly.

" He.....he.....um went to the police station with Kelvin" I stammered out the lie.

" I have this nagging feeling. I have been trying to put it out of my mind but i can' t" She said.

" What is it ma?" I asked.

" Come with me" She stood up, picked up a set of keys." My maternal instinct cannot fail me".

I stood up and followed her out of the living room, she opened her car and we both entered. She drove out of the compound.We went on, in silence until i saw a car behind us, we took another turn, the car took the same turn. She curved into another street, the strange car did the same. An alarm bell went up in my head.

" We are being followed" I shouted .

" Are you sure?" She asked.

" Yes. What do we do?" I asked, panting in fear.

" I will take a wrong turn, let's see if the person will follow " She said, driving faster." Are we still being followed? " She asked after some few wrong turns.

I looked into the rear mirror and sighed in relieve. The car wasn't in sight.

" No. We lost him. Where are we going?" I asked.

"I have a feeling that Kelly is with her great_grandma.The woman is so cunning, for years she and my ex_ husband has tried to get custody of her."

" Why? Why would they want to take her from her biological father?" I cried.

She was silent for a second before speaking again.

" You are family now so there's no harm in telling you. She is the daughter of my late son, Sola. Kelly' s mother dumped the baby on Tosin' s door step one morning with a note."

" Awww. How could she do that?" I asked, placing my hand protectively on my tummy. " Does she come to see her?"

" Rosa? She died of drug abuse some years ago, after almost milking Tosin dry. He adopted Kelly when she was a year old. Ever since then his father and grandmother has been fighting for custody of her" The older woman replied.

" Is she dangerous? I mean should we be going there alone? " I asked.

" She's only an old woman with arthritis and regrets." She replied, she entered an estate gate and blared her horn in front of a house.

" Stingy woman. I am betting she has no gate man. Let's walk in" She said, killing off the engine of the car. We got down and pushed in the little gate. We entered and closed it back. There was an old model car in the beautifully Flowered house. The compound was so silent, i doubted if anyone lived in it. We knocked on the door and it was opened by a little girl, she shrieked and threw herself into the arms of the older woman.

" Kelly!" She screamed holding the child close." Where is great_grandma?".

" She's inside. I think she's sick". The cute little girl replied." Hi" she said to me.

" Hi yourself, how are you?" I asked, happy to see that she was alright.

" I am fine. Thank you " she replied politely.

We went into the living room. An old woman was laid up on the couch, she stirred and her eyes flew open. She sat up aggressively.

This is incredibly good.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by johncasey1(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by johncasey1(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Some people sha!!!
Must they quote the whole passage for a three word comment

Bibi,abeg come update o

5 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
Patiently waiting for another bomb (update)
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Jay542(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2016
johncasey1:
Some people sha!!!
Must they quote the whole passage for a three word comment

Bibi,abeg come update o

Lol. Na 4 word sir.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Emmayur(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=Angelinastto post=49983297][/quote]

You didn't have to qoute everything, , i ran here thinking Bibi had uploaded a new part. Well done Bibi!

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Angelinastto(f): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Emmayur:

You didn't have to qoute everything, , i ran here thinking Bibi had uploaded a new part. Well done Bibi!
Really sorry (am new here)
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by dominicnuel(m): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2016
started from d bottom now we re here. Tankx bibi

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Olivialight(f): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Bibi darling thanks for the mention.
This my Tomi is suffering plenty nah,ah ah.. Can't they allow the girl have rest small na.
I'm glad they found Kelly.
Bibi please more!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by johncasey1(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Angelinastto:
Really sorry (am new here)
Your sin is forgiven
Go and sin no more
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Angelinastto(f): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
johncasey1:
Your sin is forgiven
Go and sin no more
LOL
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
missuniverse:
but if Richie claims he's been watching nd following them all , then by implication he knows wat ve bn happening around them...

1.why didn't he knw abt Tomi's death nd burial?

2.why didn't he knw dat d person dat appeared to b D GROOM is not dead?

3.why didn't he knw dat Mr Nwosu took d bullet?
being a wealthy business man, I believe d news ld ve reached d media, and possibly made fp on nairaland

4.why didnt he knw dat d wedding was btw Kelvin nd Linda, nt HIS TOMI;
if he knew, y order anybody's death when his obstacles hv bn removed? ??

1 Do you know how long he's been watching? So it depends on wen he started following. Besides i mentioned that he traveled.

2 He sent someone to do the job n the report wld be job done.

3 What concerns him with Mr Nwosu? Richie is ........... lipsrsealed, you will understand better in subsequent updates.

4 He knew the wedding was between Linda n Kelvin. Remember he said he wants to Kill Linda too, so Kelvin wasn't his only enemy. He had a thing against all of them and anyone affiliated with them.

5 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
bibijay123:

I finished my meal, took my plate to the kitchen sink to rinse it out.
Say what? She rinsed the plate. Either love or pregnancy has changed our lazy girl. Same as m'Lady changed the title. I see

I had long forgotten there was even a person by the name Richie.

3 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
Maggie

* Continues*

I walked downstairs after a long nap to clear my head and thoughts. Danatata and Tosin were sizing up each other, panting heavily like they had engaged in a scuffle. I shook my head, wondering why love makes us so insane. I was certain whatever they disagreed on had to do with Victoria.They both acknowledged me before walking out without a word. I was about going back into my room when i heard the sound of a car entering the compound. My face lit up as Onyinye walked in.

" Mom" Onyinye said, kissing me on both cheeks." How are you?"

" I am fine my dear" I replied, so happy to see her.

" Mom, i hope you are not just sitting down. We have to leave as soon as possible" She said, " We have to take what we can now and disappear before the alarm goes off."

" I cannot leave Victoria behind, She's the only thing holding me back" I replied. " Have you gotten the buyers? "

" Yes. I set up a meeting for tomorrow " She replied."What will you do about Chief Adediwura? will you let him go Scott free after all he did to you? Linda is already serving her own punishment"

" I don't know what to do Theresa. I just don't know. I am so confused,my Joe is gone,Jennifer willed everything to her daughter, she left nothing to Joe.Although he has expanded the businesses and added more to it, it all belongs to Linda. Johnson Adediwura has also refused to acknowledge Victoria as his child.What will become of us? I wanted to take Kelvin out of the way but i ended up shooting myself in the leg"

" Mom let go of the guilt! Someone else gunned Joe down. Someone who had a bone to pick with him." She said. " My guy also said they couldn't make it. If everything had gone according to plan, kelvin would be dead by now, Linda kidnapped and tortured till she dies and you will officially become Mrs. Margaret Nwosu."

"If only" I said wistfully. " I feel so guilty accusing Linda of murdering her father."

" No Mom.Don't say that. You did what you had to do, at least it took Linda out of the way for us. We no longer have to see each other in secret. Where is Victoria?" She asked.

" She went out some minutes ago. Do you think i should i should open up to her?" I asked, " You know, tell her i am her mother"

" No Mom! don't! this is not the right time. She will only ask questions you won't be able to answer. We should focus on selling off everything as soon as we can. Any luck getting the documents of the house? " She said.

" No." I replied. "I think Linda has the key to her father' s safe. They should be there." I replied sadly.

" We will find a way to break that safe. Have you heard from Joe' s lawyers?" She asked, sitting down.

" Yes. The will be read next week." I replied.

" Before that will is read, we should have been able to sell off some properties. Mom you know i can't lead you astray. Nobody loves you here or cares about you. You have to fight for yourself if not you just might find yourself back on the street." Onyinye said.

" Thank you Theresa. What would i have done without you. I remember how you stood by me when Jennifer Nwosu forcefully took Victoria from me. Even though you were only a little child yourself you told me to be strong and fight for what belongs to me.Thank you, for being a shoulder to lean on all these years. Nobody else knows me or understands me like you. " I said, with gratitude.

" You are welcome." She stood up, went into the kitchen and returned with two wine glasses and a bottle of wine." This is the time for celebration. The world abandoned us but we stood up for ourselves and we are victorious." She filled the glasses and handed me one. " To us "

" To Us" I said.

" If Linda finds a way to get out. My boys will be waiting for her." Onyinye promised, sipping her wine. " The girl thinks she is smart but we will prove her wrong. She's so easy to fool".

" I can't believe she was planning to destroy my wedding to her father". I said with disgust, " After all i have done for her. Taking care of her since childhood!"

Onyinye laughed. " I tell you, this rich people think we are dirts to be trampled upon. It would have served Chief Adediwura right if his son had been gunned down before his very eyes. The battle is far from being over. We won't rest until all those who have wronged you have been served."

My eyes misted with tears. I had undying loyalty in her, she had been my pillar, a shoulder to lean on. My informant, confidant and my family. We had a special unbreakable bond, we were both rejected by the world but somehow we found each other and we have held onto each other. We were born to be each other' s backbone. I will forever be grateful that she came into my life. To so many she was ugly and unfit but to me she was angelic and beautiful in my sight. Just like the first time i saw her, waving her little hands and legs in a pink and white shawl on the door steps of the orphanage. I was ten years old when fate brought us together.

" Mother!" I cried. " Someone left a baby here!" I picked up the little bundle wrapped in a pink and white shawl. The baby kicked his tiny legs against my tummy, he let out a little baby cry, i hugged him closer, walking into the building. It wasn't a new thing for a mother to dump their little one on the door steps of the orphanage. It wasn't the first time i would be the one coming upon the child either but this little baby snared my young heart in one glance. He looked different too, he was so pale, so tiny and his lips were so pink. He looked lost. Just like me.

Two nuns walked up to me, wanting to relieve me of the baby but i ignored their outstretched hands, heading towards Mother' s office. As mother's favorite i got away with a lot of things and this was one of them. She stood up, as i entered into her office. She took the little bundle from me. Frowning.

" Yet another one" She sighed heavily." We can barely feed the ones we have, everyday we wake up to find yet another one dumped on us. The government is not forthcoming on their promise to help us, if not for the church and the NGOS supporting us i wonder what would have become of us. This one look so.........."

" White" I finished." I think his parents were Onyinbo"

" She. Its a baby girl.She's an albino" Mother said, " Take her to the nurses, let them have a look at her to see if she needs any medical attention. Did she come with a note?"

" Note? No mother. There was no note in her shawl" I replied, putting on my best smile. " Mother please can i name her?"

She sighed " Alright. Take her to the infirmary now"

" I will name her Theresa Onyinye after Mother Theresa Onyinye that died" I said, accepting the baby from her.

" Off you go now and be careful." Mother shooed me away. " Tell the nurses i will come by shortly"

I took the little pale baby to the nurses who pronounced her hale and hearty. I visited her in her nursery as often as i could.Over time she became the little sister i always longed for, a person to call my own. She grew up quickly but she became the butt of the other kids jokes because of her pale complexion and freckles. Fridays were visiting days, Couples and those wanting a child comes to the orphanage, those days, we used to wake up very early and put on our best frocks.Our faces was usually shinning from the vaseline and shear butter we apply on it and our hair duly combed and held up in piggy tails. We would stand according to our age and sex for inspection before marching into Mother's office. The couples would look at our faces carefully searching for the most beautiful or handsome child. They would ask to know how we were each doing academically.

None of those women or men ever spared a glance for the little girl with botched skin, freckled face and squinted eyes. The women would move forward, little Theresa will fix her gaze on them pleading with her eyes and perharps praying in her heart. Another little girl on her left would be pointed at, another on her right but never her. At the end of the day, those of us not chosen would make our way back to our various rooms with heavy heart and hope for the coming friday. Those nights, the little four year old would cry herself to sleep. During the next visit, the same thing would repeat itself until one day.

The couple was very old but they looked wealthy, mother told me they were one of our benefactors.They had been married for years without a child so they decided to adopt a child in their old age.The old coupled looked at each child and they settled on me. This occured at a time i desperately seek to leave the orphanage. I was fourteen, Mother, who had been so kind to me had suddenly taken a peculiar interest in me which i couldn't understand.

" I like this child here" She exclaimed, " What is your name child?"

" My name is Margaret " I replied, smiling. The lady was pretty and her eyes seemed kind. " But i am called Maggie".

" She's the child i have been looking for" She told her husband who nodded his assent.They turned back to Mother who was no longer smiling,she wasn't pleased with their choice. " When will the paper works be ready? We want to go home with Maggie as soon as we can".

" The child has to be willing to go along with you" Mother informed her.

The old man walked to me, looking into my eyes." Magaret, i am Benson and this is my wife Anna. We are both good Christians and we have been praying for a child of our own but the good lord is yet to bless us with one. We want to adopt you as our child, you won't lack for anything, we will take good care of you. Will you go with us?" He asked.

I glanced at Little Theresa in her faded blue hand_me down gown with her hair in piggytail. She crossed her little hands behind her back like an adult. She was frightened and trying bravely not to cry. She knew that her friend and defender would soon be leaving her.I walked to her, took her hand, leading her back to my would_be father.

" This is my little sister, her name is Theresa Onyinye. I cannot leave without her." I said.

He exchanged looks with his wife.

" My dear. We want only one child, we are too old to be running after a little child. That is why you are the ideal child for us" his wife replied.

" We cannot take the both of you. You heard my wife, we need a grown child such as yourself. Your sister can stay here, we will visit her often and when she comes of age we will come for her" He said. " But is she your blood sister? "

" No they are not related by blood but they have a special bond" Mother said, " It would be disastrous to separate them." She was unwilling to let me go but she didn't want them to know she was against it since they were our benefactors.

' We cannot take the both of them" He insisted. And they choose another fourteen year old girl.

That night while asleep, i felt a little body against mine. I opened my eyes to see Theresa smugly sleeping beside me, her legs were wrapped around mine and she clutched my hand to her chest sleeping soundly. It was the first visiting night that she didn't cry herself to sleep.

I promised to come back for her when i left the orphanage. After moving in with the Nwosu, they offered me a job. To be a nanny to their daughter, Linda.That was when i went back for my little sister, She wasn't of the legal age to leave so i found a way to take her away. I got an apartment and someone to look after her. I ensured she went to the best schools just like Linda and she is the only family i have besides Victoria.

TBC

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
First to comment; now lemme read

Slept of after reading...... don't know what to say; just keep up the good work; more ink to your pen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Olabantu(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wow...Twine indeed, it just so complicated and intertwined.. So Maggie and Oyinye are partners in Crime...I just hope that they are caught before long

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ehn, m'Lady sef....wetin be dis? shocked

#claps once#

Wetin we no go hear for dis una tori? E be like say e fit dry sweet my belle. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Roseygold(f): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Whaoo i don't no what to say. Let me say thank u

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wow shocked.. Who would have thought.. Maggie and onyinye
Nice update Bibi
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by durapro(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]baybie bibi!!!!!!!!!! u are killing me hardly. it not a crime to have an extra husband na! be ma wife. have u ever thought of going commercial? u will make it big. u could be the next big thing. I'm a business man and we could start up something. u could replace Achebe tho. think of it. so much talent you got here. I'm ready to invest .
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
durapro:
lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]baybie bibi!!!!!!!!!! u are killing me hardly. it not a crime to have an extra husband na! be ma wife. have u ever thought of going commercial? u will make it big. u could be the next big thing. I'm a business man and we could start up something. u could replace Achebe tho. think of it. so much talent you got here. I'm ready to invest .

I saw:

Commercial
Business man
Invest
Replace Achebe

Oga abeg i am single ooo grin cheesy. Thank you, yes i thought of it but it isn't a day' s job so i am still pushing it.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Wow shocked.. Who would have thought.. Maggie and onyinye
Nice update Bibi

Sorry forgot ur mention. Nxt update.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by slizzyb(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
U can bath a pig but that does not stop it going back to dirtiness,, always from ghetto is a ghetto,,

My mention ,, not seen

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
slizzyb:
U can bath a pig but that does not stop it going back to dirtiness,, always from ghetto is a ghetto,,

My mention ,, not seen

Sorry abt ur mention. Tomoro smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.