Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work (1158 Views)

How Manage Do Guys Stick To One Football Club That Long But Can't To A Lady? / Can U Kiss That Long? / Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by bstringz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Long distance relationships are hard to keep. Infact at a point in every relationship, the relationship may get distant. For instance, you are a dating a girl that isn’t in school yet, one day she’d go the university and the University becomes a long distant relationship. Even in marriage, sometimes one may need to be away from his or her spouse for a while, so this post is not exclusive to unmarried people. Long distant relationships are scary and most times people would tell you it just can’t work and many times they are right, unless you decide to make them not right. Long distant relationship requires a lot of hard work for it to go on well. I noticed that a lot of people may be in dilemma of how to make a long distant relationship work, and I am going to list a few things that one needs to do for a long distant relationship to work.

1. KILL INSECURITY : If you are the kind of person who is usually very insecure with your partner then a long distance relationship is not for you, unless you can change. Imagine you being in Lagos and the one you are dating is now based at Canada and you have insecurity issues, your heart wouldn’t rest cos you’d feel totally insecure in that relationship. If you can’t be in a long distant relationship please keep away and date someone you can feel secure with. Long distant relationship requires a lot.

2. YOU MUST NOT BE A SEX ADDICT: : For those guys and girls who say they can’t imagine staying without sex for even a week, then a long distant relationship is definitely not for you, cos you’d eventually cheat on that your partner, so save yourself the stress and keep off the relationship. How to keep a long distant relationship? You must not be a sex addict!!

3. YOU MUST TRUST YOUR PARTNER: If you were dating a girl or guy and even while you guys were close, you couldn’t trust the person, then you have no business being in a long distant relationship with that person. Trust is a vital part in how to keep a long distant relationship. Trust is a key part. It’s not easy completely trusting someone who is miles away from you, but of you really want that relationship to work then you just have to.

4. YOU MUST BE A FOCUSED PERSON : Long distant relationship are for focused minds. You must ask yourself questions like, Am I focused in things that have to with life?? If you aren’t focused in you own personal life then you can never be focused in a long distant relationship, and that’s the quickest thing that ends that kind of relationship. Lack of focus.

5. YOU MUST BE BUSY: You must be a busy person to be In a long distant relationship. On the issue of how to keep a long distant relationship one must be actively working or doing something that takes your mind away from the relationship. If all you do us sit at home, then there is a high possibility for you to develop trust issues and insecurity towards that partner who is no longer close to you. So get busy!

If you are reading this and you are in a long distant relationship, then be encouraged. That relationship can work if you really really want to be with that person. How to make a long distant relationship work is in your own hands!!

http://truenaijayarn.com/important-things-you-need-to-do-to-make-that-long-distant-relationship-work/
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by uzuede4(f): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Op, you don talk am finish. Na true be dat. More zobo to your bottle.
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by cindybaby22(f): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
nice one
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Long distance relationship is a waste of time absolutely wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nice write up op.long distance relationship is my thing,i love it.
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
rokiatu:
Long distance relationship is a waste of time absolutely wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Preach!!!!
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:

Only a virgin that's cool with being a side chick!

Will support this " manure" that the Op posted
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by DeLioncourt: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Best way to make a long distance relationship work is to CHEAT WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT grin grin and dodge feelings for the person like Neo
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by DeLioncourt: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
rokiatu:

bad experience??
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
this has really been bothering me.. thanks for the advise.
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

Only a virgin that's cool with being a side chick!

Will support this " manure" that the Op posted
I am not a virgin and i am not a side chick!so wat else?
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by robosky02(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:
you ke

story... grin
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by rainerboy1010: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:

my main chick how u dey grin
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hmmmm!
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
rainerboy1010:

my main chick how u dey grin
cheesy i am fine and u?
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
robosky02:

you ke

story... grin
U dont believe me? grin
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by rainerboy1010: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:
cheesy i am fine and u?

no shaking

no gbese for warri cheesy
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
rainerboy1010:

no shaking

no gbese for warri cheesy
Na warri u dey? grin
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Boring: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:

shocked shocked shocked punanii go dey hear heat. lipsrsealed
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
Boring:

shocked shocked shocked punanii go dey hear heat. lipsrsealed
Wat heat is dat? grin
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Boring: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
prettythicksme:
Wat heat is dat? grin
steady fvck. undecided
Re: Things You Need To Do To Make That Long Distant Relationship Work by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Boring:

steady fvck. undecided
Na u go knw undecided

(1) (Reply)

My 9yrs Of Marriage Is About 2 Crash Cos I Did 6 Abortion In 3yrs / Nigerians Stole My Money / Natural Supplement For Men To Grow Bigger & Last Longer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.