Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Aaua ASUU Strike..way Forward By Tosyno Drake - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aaua ASUU Strike..way Forward By Tosyno Drake (653 Views)

Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG / ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers / AAUA Departmental Cut-off Mark For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise Is Finally Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aaua ASUU Strike..way Forward By Tosyno Drake by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
I thought it was a prank when the news of AAUA ASUU embarking on indefinite strike was first disseminated.The strike which erupted due to the governors failure to pay the lecturers 3 months salary with 7 deductions. Every Aauites have remained in befuddled mood since the declaration of the dishearten news. The indefinite strike as done nothing good but evil to over 15,000 of the prestigious citadel of learning.Many students have indulge in various deprave activities which can affect their career such as(hoodlums, drinking to stupor around, premarital sex that can perchance lead to unwanted pregnancy, etc). Furthermore, it has spaciously affect the section calendar and the student in general especially the final years who were suppose to write their final examination next month.

Though it was crystal vivid that the AAUA ASUU tried their best possible by exercising patience for the state government to pay them up before embarking on strike. When i took time to interrogate some political officials on what is deferring the government from paying them. All i got as answer was "It is an immense humiliation to Ondo state personality for owning salary after receiving allocation". Perhaps, he might be safeguarding it for the forthcoming election without thinking we can surely help him out with our votes if he makes us happy. I thought we 've reached the climax when the executive president Buhari alleged gave all governors bail out last month to ease their encumberment(debt).

You will surely see them in a jiffy squandering money to canvass the support of the articulate students. Every meeting held at the senate building between the AAUA ASUU and THE STATE GOVERNMENT keep us optimistic expecting a positive result but failed due to their incapability of meeting their demand. They staffs has being deprived of their salary which make most of them unable to fend for themselves and their families.

The student union of the great citadel has declared a 14 days ultimatum for the AAUA ASUU and THE STATE GOVERNMENT to reach a compromise which kept every students synthesizing and perplexed.

At this juncture, the only way i suggest to express our discomfort and love for the AAUA ASUU is by ranting on various social media like we did during reparation. I believe this will surely arouse the attention of renown political official that can call him to remedy the bad situation.

I love AAUA
I love AAUA ASUU
I love AAUA SU
I love all the FACULTIES.
Re: Aaua ASUU Strike..way Forward By Tosyno Drake by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pls wake me up when the strike is call off
Re: Aaua ASUU Strike..way Forward By Tosyno Drake by sammietos(m): 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ondo Students give state government, management, ASUU 14 days ultimatum to end strike

The Students’ Union of the Adekunle Ajasin University, AAUA has issued a 14 day ultimatum to the Ondo state government, the institution’s management and the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU to end the 2 months old strike in the school or be ready to see the students take their destinies into their own hands.

In a statement signed by the President of the Student Union, Adegbola Odunyemi and obtained by SUNSHINE HERALD, the union reiterated that industrial action in embarked upon by ASUU in the institution is destroying the future of the over 15000 students.

Citing the examples of the 500 level law students who are preparing for their Law School and the final year students who are meant to write their final examination September, 2016, the students body noted that their destines have been held down.

The statement reads in part: “It is a popular saying that our life ends when we decide to keep silent on issues affecting us. The two months old ASUU strike has done more harm than good to our students particular the 500l Law students preparing for their Law school and the final year students who were supposed to write their last examination by September. Destinies has been held down due to this protracted strike and as a result of that we the Students of Adekunle Ajasin University are very sick and tired of this strike and can no longer condone it.”

“In view of this salient point we are giving the members of ASUU, the university management and the state government 14 DAYS ultimatum to reach a compromise of which by virtues of this press statement after the expiration of this 14 DAYS ultimatum, the Students will have to take destiny into their own hands and take the centre stage.”

http://www.sunshineherald.news/ondo-students-give-state-government-management-ASUU-14-days-ultimatum-to-end-strike/

(1) (Reply)

Online Body Of Accountants And Economists To Help Nigeria Out Of Recession.. / *ten Logical Fallacies You Should Be Aware Of In Arguements / Assistant For Petroleum Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.