Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Passenger Transportation Business ? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Passenger Transportation Business ? (40923 Views)

Starting A Transportation Business / Transportation Business In Lagos / Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Bestglo(f): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
u are right jare, the same reason u see most of them giving phone numbers & email addy instead of sharing info on thread, and when u eventually call, they try to milk u of your hard earned money,. it's sad
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
Bestglo:

u are right jare, the same reason u see most of them giving phone numbers & email addy instead of sharing info on thread, and when u eventually call, they try to milk u of your hard earned money,. it's sad

My dear sister, it is so sad, cos i think if we all share ideas, we will eventually be helping someone to make a decision that could change their lives, but, we wanna get paid for everything
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
Bestglo:

The thing is tiring! Too many opportunists around.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
PapaBrowne:

The thing is tiring! Too many opportunists around.

That is why those of us that is against such practices should do our best to share what we know
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by jaaadddeee: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
i guess i should come in here,you guys are right opportunist everywhere.i feel every man created is born selfish so it only take God's grace.we have to live with it.it can never be eradicated most especially in this Nigeria where every one its looking to get secure as a result of the economy so unfortunate.i also feel you should not be discourage.the only thing to achieve your aims is with wisdom and smartness dealing with people.if you are tired of opportunist then you will get no where,just see them as challenges you need to cross by.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
jaaadddeee:

i guess i should come in here,you guys are right opportunist everywhere.i feel every man created is born selfish so it only take God's grace.we have to live with it.it can never be eradicated most especially in this Nigeria where every one its looking to get secure as a result of the economy so unfortunate.i also feel you should not be discourage.the only thing to achieve your aims is with wisdom and smartness dealing with people.if you are tired of opportunist then you will get no where,just see them as challenges you need to cross by.

You are very true, however, when you are dealing with them across the border, then, it is not possible.
If i am in Lagos and they are in Lagos, no wahala, however, when you are thousands of miles away and will take a day to fly to go and see them, then, you cant make it happpen.
So the best you could do is wait till you are on ground and kick start your own project.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by alanbolo(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

So the best you could do is wait till you are on ground and kick start your own project.
Which is what I'm finally  resulting to do,   been there and done that, it seems am just green-lining up some pple pockets.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2010
alanbolo:

Which is what I'm finally  resulting to do,   been there and done that, it seems am just green-lining up some pple pockets.

That seems to always be the case, and it is pathetically sad.
I dont even mind if you make like 1M Naira and steal 50K Naira, cos you will still get paid, but when you stealing 500K Naira and still getting paid, that is what i called, killing the source of feeding for you and the owner, cos it is only a matter of time before the business is crumbled.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by BabaJendo: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
That seems to always be the case, and it is pathetically sad.
I dont even mind if you make like 1M Naira and steal 50K Naira, cos you will still get paid, but when you stealing 500K Naira and still getting paid, that is what i called, killing the source of feeding for you and the owner, cos it is only a matter of time before the business is crumbled

Gbam, You nail the cross on the head, That's 9ija for you,
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2010
BabaJendo:

Gbam, You nail the cross on the head, That's 9ija for you,

God go help us oh
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by NAIRAJET: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
This is considered as one of the most lucrative businesses around considering the fact of city congestion around mega city like Lagos and demand for transportation is unbeatable

But at the same time, it could be the worst experience if not handled rightly.

It is better you seek the advice of project/investment consultant on this particular subject. They would be of great help. Never mind the cost because it is better to get the kind of qualitative advice on any startup than to miss the road

be careful of any "ghost" consultants around , pls

God will guide ur footstep for ur project to land on the rock and not on sand,

Prayer and Wisdom lead to formidable success

TAKIA
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2010
NAIRAJET:

This is considered as one of the most lucrative businesses around considering the fact of city congestion around mega city like Lagos and demand for transportation is unbeatable

But at the same time, it could be the worst experience if not handled rightly.

It is better you seek the advice of project/investment consultant on this particular subject. They would be of great help. Never mind the cost because it is better to get the kind of qualitative advice on any startup than to miss the road

be careful of any "ghost" consultants around , pls

God will guide your footstep for your project to land on the rock and not on sand,

Prayer and Wisdom lead to formidable success

TAKIA

Thanks for the advice, well appreciated
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by TheBuilder: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
Great gist.
Be financially empowered.
Join manaconnect today.
www.manaconnect.com
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by raffite: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
I own a building in with two (2) warehouses along a major commercial road in Ekpan (Warri). There is space in front and even behind suitable for a motor park for a transport line.

You can contact me and lets do business.

Phone: 08035070731
E-mail: s.abugu@yahoo.com
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2010
raffite:

I own a building in with two (2) warehouses along a major commercial road in Ekpan (Warri). There is space in front and even behind suitable for a motor park for a transport line.

You can contact me and lets do business.

Phone: 08035070731
E-mail: s.abugu@yahoo.com

What do u have in mind?
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by cystein(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hi,

I am in the business in 5 African Countries. To be safe start with a fleet of 10 where 4 will maintain the six. Otherwise dont waste your resources.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by qoride1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
Great topic. Do you guys think interstate transport (i.e Lagos-Benin) is better than local routes in terms of profitability and stress with drivers/touts, etc.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by cystein(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
Interstate requires adequate fleet to back up any breakdown in less than two hours meaning each station must have a bus on standby or others following closely.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2010
cystein:

Interstate requires adequate fleet to back up any breakdown in less than two hours meaning each station must have a bus on standby or others following closely.

I think once the vehicles are well serviced and the driver is not just driving without paying attention to the ride and its state, there is not need for one bus following the other.
However, there is a need to make sure that at least chilling while some are working for back ups.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by cystein(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
I think once the vehicles are well serviced and the driver is not just driving without paying attention to the ride and its state, there is not need for one bus following the other.
However, there is a need to make sure that at least chilling while some are working for back ups.

Looks like you know much about driving to a point you forget about reality. Its wise to note;

1. A Car can halt should the firing order reverse wherebby occurence is 34%
2. Breaks can prevent transit as buses require checks and adjustments every 1000kms, 45% possibility
3. Clutch and hydraulics can fail 100%
4. Accidents occur even without a driver causing them.

Ask yourself. Ever seen a bus company survive 8yrs with 2 or five buses? Prove me wrong!
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Richardsop(m): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2010
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2010
cystein:

Looks like you know much about driving to a point you forget about reality. Its wise to note;

1. A Car can halt should the firing order reverse wherebby occurence is 34%
2. Breaks can prevent transit as buses require checks and adjustments every 1000kms, 45% possibility
3. Clutch and hydraulics can fail 100%
4. Accidents occur even without a driver causing them.

Ask yourself. Ever seen a bus company survive 8yrs with 2 or five buses? Prove me wrong!

You are very right, that is the reason why we started this thread, so that we can all share ideas.
I love your idea.
I do understand that, it will not be possible for a Transport coy to operate for years with just 2 or 5 buses, but i think there is nothing wrong in starting with one or 2 and every money made is re-invested in getting more buses till there are lots f buses.

But like i said, i love your points.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Francgoz(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2010
Transport business is one of most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. In this business, you have to buy a bus, register it in any of these transport companies and negotiate with them on how much they will be paying you a month while they do run the vehicles and do the maintainance for you. In this, business, with the exception of the damage of the vehicle beyond repairs, you can recover your investment within 6 months. So, my advice for anyone venturing in this biz is to make sure that he gets a good driver with many years of driving experience, and also keep a close monitoring on him. Also, one has to make sure that the buses are well maintained and always on the road 24/7.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by cystein(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2010
Transport business is one of most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. In this business, you have to buy a bus, register it in any of these transport companies and negotiate with them on how much they will be paying you a month while they do run the vehicles and do the maintainance for you. In this, business, with the exception of the damage of the vehicle beyond repairs, you can recover your investment within 6 months. So, my advice for anyone venturing in this biz is to make sure that he gets a good driver with many years of driving experience, and also keep a close monitoring on him. Also, one has to make sure that the buses are well maintained and always on the road 24/7.

A point to note here! Franchise is a lucrative business but remember the chances of getting your bus back in one piece or buying another is atleast a 20% bet. Its better to manage your own bus by simply starting up your new office but ensure you claim no profits until you buy a third bus.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by oderemo(m): 10:09am On Jul 19, 2010
@CYSTEIN,
old boy you are right, experience is way better than all this book work oh.
i am in the haulage buss. {30 tonne rs} and above, one brake down can lead to big head ache.
know your buss, b4 you venture into it. in a week we spend nothing short of 100k on repairs.
its lucrative.be on ground, good and experience manager, drivers must be well trained on minor repairs,
moto boy/conductor must have at least a min. knowledge on repairs,
your vehicle must carry at least essential kits all the time, i.e gd spare tyres,spanners etc.
more importantly personally go check your investment every wk or fortnightly.
4get profit for now.
more to follow.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
Francgoz:

cystein:

A point to note here! Franchise is a lucrative business but remember the chances of getting your bus back in one piece or buying another is atleast a 20% bet. Its better to manage your own bus by simply starting up your new office but ensure you claim no profits until you buy a third bus.
ode remo:

@CYSTEIN,
old boy you are right, experience is way better than all this book work oh.
i am in the haulage buss. {30 tonne rs} and above, one brake down can lead to big head ache.
know your buss, b4 you venture into it. in a week we spend nothing short of 100k on repairs.
its lucrative.be on ground, good and experience manager, drivers must be well trained on minor repairs,
moto boy/conductor must have at least a min. knowledge on repairs,
your vehicle must carry at least essential kits all the time, i.e gd spare tyres,spanners etc.
more importantly personally go check your investment every wk or fortnightly.
4get profit for now.
more to follow.

I am so much loving all these nice technical discussion.
At least now we are hearing from people that has been in the business for a while.
thanks and keep them coming
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by gbagudara: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
How is the moving business in Nigeria? I have U-Haul in Mind. Is it as profitable as Passenger transportation?
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
gbagudara:

How is the moving business in Nigeria? I have U-Haul in Mind. Is it as profitable as Passenger transportation?

I am not sure, but i think should be a good business in Nigeria.
However, i would advice that you make sure you collect your money before moving people's stuff, and make sure they have a place, else, you will be stuck with the stuff and no place to put and they will be gone.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by mydollars: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2010
IT is a very good biz, But be careful. u must take note of the following
1. Know someone that has already been in the business
2. U have to get someone to trust , if u will not be the one managing it
3. It is also good you learn about the business.
There are so many uncertainty about transport biz, i will advice u to try a more reliable and sure biz i.e online marketing but first u will need a master card to withdraw the money that is y u need to register with limeexchange. All you need to do is to go to this site http://www.makingmegamoney..com/ (myblog) and click on the link highlighted

in Yellow(, US master card),  if u have any pro email me liberty.it@hotmail.com

Best of luck
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^ Ummmmmm
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by 4shizzle(f): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
@mydollar U were making sense till u got 2 point 3 sry 2 say i dnt c d relevance of ur service in dist thread
@fhemmy really gud u strtd dis thread made me realise its nt 4 easy money bt stil has 2 do with hardwork

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Get TIN (Tax Identification Number) From FIRS / Otedola Promises To Donate N1 Billion To Fight Coronavirus In Nigeria / Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.