Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,351 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? (4885 Views)

10 Pictures Sex Starved Guys Can Relate To / Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? / Can You Get Married to Someone That Bleaches(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Chrisrare: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
makydebbie:
will you eat skin colour... why discriminatesmiley
Just be proud of ur colour and stop crying descrimination cos some peeps prefer light skin to dark skin. Most pple including me prefer watching football to basket ball, dats life.. No one is descriminating.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by eyinjuege: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
I really don't see anything wrong if an adult decides to alter their skin color. It doesn't necessarily mean they've got low self esteem. It's just their preference.
It is what it is.

Provided it's done safely, and they're not disturbing anyone else, then they can go ahead.

It's just like believing women that use hair extensions and attachment and don't carry their natural hair, or relax their hair have a low self esteem, or women that use make up have a low self esteem.

Some of the most beautiful women I have seen in Naija are dark skinned beauties.

Can we also safely say the Oyibo women and men that are addicted to tanning their skins especially in the sun which has a confirmed risk of causing skin cancer in them, are also suffering from low self esteem?

Majority of them live to tan their skins btw. It's usually almost an achievement if you get the perfect tan especially when you've just come back from a holiday.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
I was forced to check your dp if you're fair, but the reverse was the case.

Society don't make people, people make societies, so stop blaming this on the society.

It has to do with these ladies perspective of themselves, bleaching is a thing of the mind and i hope you know there are black women who wouldn't dare use a bleaching cream and i'm one.
Oh yes! I'm dark skinned and I Iove my skin like ki lo de...

I'm like this because I took a conscious effort to love me just as I'm. One of the psychological need of human is acceptance.

Ladies want to be accepted by men...most of 'em prefer fair skinned ladies.

It's not a thing of the mind. If dark skin was considered just as attractive as fair skin, bleaching won't be as widely practiced as it is today. Inferiority complex play a very little role in all of these.

People make society which in turn make people.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by thesuave10(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
Caravan:

Now you are being reasonable. Unlike in your previous posts where you were using objective terms and making authoritative claims. But still, you are not arguing intelligently. All you are doing is making fallible assertions, without proof.

This argument is just like the big boobs, small boobs argument, where those in support of the notion that men prefer bigger boobs, would almost swear that a larger population of men, in their demographic, prefer women with big boobs. Which actually isn't the case. Same with this.
These kind of preferences are scattered evenly around the population, and people like you, are likely to jump into conclusions, because they, like those women who are bleaching, have been programmed by society, to confidently assume, that majority of men prefer lighter skin.

Just carry out an experiment and ask for sincere opinions from men, from different parts of the country, and you'll be stumped.

Abeg receive sense. Which one is evenly? There is a general preference for fair girls. It's not equal grin
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Chrisrare: 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh yes! I'm dark skin and I Iove my skin like ki lo de...

I'm like this because I took a conscious effort to love me just as I'm. One of the psychological need of human is acceptance.

It's not a thing of the mind. If dark skin was considered just as attractive as fair skin, bleaching won't be as widely practiced as it is today. Inferiority complex play a very little role in all of these.

People make society who in turns make people.

U nailed it sis, dats just d simple fact. Its hard for some peeps to accept it though...
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chrisrare:
U nailed it sis, dats just d simple fact. Its hard for some peeps to accept it though...
I guess most are denying it so they wouldn't be tagged disloyal since they are Africa and Africa is black when deep within them, it's all about the fair chick cheesy

I have two sister and they are both fair. When people want to insult me, they call me 'omo dudu' (black child) or they tell me that's why you are dark in complexion. grin

When mothers give birth to their female child, you see them unconsciously dotting/anxious over the complexion of the child. Just playfully tell them their baby will be black and listen to their funny responses.

You'd hear comments like my baby is becoming black as if it's a taboo.

I love my skin color. Every shade is beautifully made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh yes! I'm dark skinned and I Iove my skin like ki lo de...

It's not a thing of the mind. If dark skin was considered just as attractive as fair skin, bleaching won't be as widely practiced as it is today. Inferiority complex play a very little role in all these.

People make society which in turn make people.
And i repeat that "it's a thing of the mind", followed by inferiority complex.

I know i'm darker than you, and have come of age to make certain decisions for myself that my parents will only frown at but wouldn't spank me, my selling point as a dark girl is my looks: skin color, facial looks, stature, and body building, accepting yourself totally and not feeling fair ladies are prettier is the altimate, when you're prettier than 90% of these fair ladies.

Once a girl starts patronising bleaching creams, is not because she feels guys love fairer ladies, but because she's insecure in her own skin which is a personality disorder.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
And i repeat that "it's a thing of the mind", followed by inferiority complex.

I know i'm darker than you, and have come of age to make certain decisions for myself that my parents will only frown at but wouldn't spank me, my selling point as a dark girl is my looks: skin color, facial looks, stature, and body building, accepting yourself totally and not feeling fair ladies are prettier is the altimate, when you're prettier than 90% of these fair ladies.

Once a girl starts patronising bleaching creams, is not because she feels guys love fairer ladies, but because she's insecure in her own skin which is a personality disorder.
What could have triggered the inferiority complex

The need for acceptance can push one do crazy stuffs. I did a lil of psychology in school. Especially when it comes to physical appearance.

Ma'am, do you use makeup?
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by LuvU2: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
true.
••••••
Were is stupidinluv? It's been forever I seen her.
She is on one month ban.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by kuchikau: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
I hate girls that mensturate. How can blood coming out from your big TOTO wet your pant and skirt. You smell like idiot then thinks you r sophisticated.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by antieverything(m): 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
marry?is dat still a thing?
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Chrisrare: 12:19am On Aug 28, 2016
kuchikau:
I hate girls that mensturate. How can blood coming out from your big TOTO wet your pant and skirt. You smell like idiot then thinks you r sophisticated.
Ur village pple have finally got ur time
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by makydebbie(f): 5:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Chrisrare:
Just be proud of ur colour and stop crying descrimination cos some peeps prefer light skin to dark skin. Most pple including me prefer watching football to basket ball, dats life.. No one is descriminating.
k.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

What could have triggered the inferiority complex

The need for acceptance can push one do crazy stuffs. I did a lil of psychology in school. Especially when it comes to physical appearance.

Ma'am, do you use makeup?
What has make-up got to do with this?, I love looking natural, go on make up occasionally.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
What has make-up got to do with this?, I love looking natural, go on make up occasionally.

I just want to use it to illustrate our need for acceptance. How we alter our appearance to the one we believe would be pleasing to the society.

I hope you know powder is part of make up, Hair extension of any kind falls under make up, ear ring of any shape or size falls under make up, Vaseline or lip gloss on your lips is a form of make up.

I bet you feel really good on days people rain you compliments on your looks.

One way or the other, the need for acceptance plays a lot in our daily activities, the difference here is the extent we go to feel comfortable in our own skin, yes! and accepted. That's where emotional IQ comes to play.

Our emotional strength varies. While you have been able to conquer the desire to drastically alter your looks to what the society love to see, some haven't, can't and might never be able to.

Fact# In a group of friends, the fair ones gets hit on more than the dark ones.

I'm not saying every guy out there prefers light skin over dark skin but a good number would choose a fair skin over a dark skin while few don't give a hoot about the skin color but wouldn't mind a fair lady. The ones who really are a fan of dark skin are painfully few.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

I just want to use it to illustrate our need for acceptance. How we alter our appearance to the one we believe would be pleasing to the society.

I hope you know powder is part of make up, Hair extension of any kind falls under make up, ear ring of any shape or size falls under make up, Vaseline or lip gloss on your lips is a form of make up.

I bet you feel really good on days people rain you compliments on your looks.

One way or the other, the need for acceptance plays a lot in our daily activities, the difference here is the extent we go to feel comfortable in our own skin, yes! and accepted. That's where emotional IQ comes to play.

Our emotional strength varies. While you have been able to conquer the desire to drastically alter your looks to what the society love to see, some haven't, can't and might never be able to.

Fact# In a group of friends, the fair ones gets hit on more than the dark ones.

I'm not saying every guy out there prefers light skin over dark skin but a good number would choose a fair skin over a dark skin while few don't give a hoot about the skin color but wouldn't mind a fair lady. The ones who really are a fan of dark skin are painfully few.
cheesy cheesy Don't be a dogmatic critic.
People compliment what they feel is good, without make-up i get complimented infact make-up doesn't suit me. And it has nothing to do with the society.

At the bolded, it's a fallacy that can't be proven otherwise, even the very white guys who are not racist prefer black pussiess while their women would do anything to have a black guy, but i will put few over majority since is a hear say, #fact.

Happy sunday!, do have a nice day.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by ZeeAfrica(f): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2016
Personally m worried abt bleaching leading to skin cancer, wat happens wen u cant afford de bleaching anymore and have to go back to yo old skin, i dnt knw bt bt i think u wil get blemeshes n stuff. I think its better if u allow a guy to fall in love wit who u r, de real u, coz we dnt want de nigga to b angry wen yal get babies, wen he all of a sudden sees yo kids being dark n u r light lol. M black and proud and i will said it loud. Actualy m nt black, i am brown, i am de colour of de soil, i am a child of de soil, de child of africa, i owe my being to de hills and de valleys of dis land. Love me for me or leave me alone. By de way white ppl r nt realy white, de colour of paper is white, n deir colour is pale, love yo self first, before someone else loves u. Leave yo skin as brown, be who u r, dnt worry abt attracting guys, coz yo real men who wil love u for who u r wil come
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
cheesy cheesy Don't be a dogmatic critic.
People compliment what they feel is good, without make-up i get complimented infact make-up doesn't suit me. And it has nothing to do with the society.

At the bolded, it's a fallacy that can't be proven otherwise, even the very white guys who are not racist prefer black pussiess while their women would do anything to have a black guy, but i will put few over majority since is a hear say, #fact.

Happy sunday!, do have a nice day.
Lols...This has got nothing to do with the white guys. But I'd cash into it... White wants it black and black wants it white cheesy

I never mentioned they compliment you because of make up but you can't deny the fact that compliments makes you feel good and if two or three people have negative remark about a particular outfit, you just might not wear that outfit anymore. tongue

'What people feel is good' is what we unconsciously try to model ourselves into. Society make people.

About the boldened, it is what it is

A beautiful sunday to you
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

Lols...This has got nothing to do with the white guys. But I'd cash into it... White wants it black and black wants it white cheesy

I never mentioned they compliment you because of make up but you can't deny the fact that compliments makes you feel good and if two or three people have negative remark about a particular outfit, you just might not wear that outfit anymore. tongue

'What people feel is good' is what we unconsciously try to model ourselves into. Society make people.

About the boldened, it is what it is

A beautiful sunday to you
shocked I won't force my opinion down your throat and you won't do same, we just have diverse opinions on this one.

Any day or time i can't compare a well structured black woman to a fair one, black will always outstand cos is easier to tone a skin color to fair, but toning it to black isn't achievable. tongue

Bye!.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by Beamborla(f): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
shocked I won't force my opinion down your throat and you won't do same, we just have diverse opinions on this one.

Any day or time i can't compare a well structured black woman to a fair one, black will always outstand cos is easier to tone a skin color to fair, but toning it to black isn't achievable. tongue

Bye!.
Finally! cheesy

We have an agreement... I'm with you on everything you've written up there 95% cool

Every shade is beautiful kiss
Bye bye!
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by YourMajesty(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2016
The two ladies above me tho!

I hardly give compliments but i have to give one now, you girls are truly brilliant.

Nice one.
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by elov(m): 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
makydebbie:
hy sischeesy...
thanks I'm humbledsmiley
Hmm mm mm..
Re: Guys: Can U Marry A Lady That Bleaches Her Skin?? by kuchikau: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Chrisrare:
Ur village pple have finally got ur time

U need jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Humiliated After Proposing To Girlfriend In Public / Will You Marry Her Despite The Fact That She Ain't A Virgin? / Mercy Johnson's Rival?: Meet This Beautiful Curvalicious Nigerian Lady (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.