Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,051 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911214 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2016
Mikymiko:
Wealth360, have you submit your study permit application?
submitted??

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ysmd: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2016
Hello house .I am about to put in my application for my student visa. My question is , do i need to submit the original copies of my certificates or will photocopies be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by amii131(f): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2016
PLEASE HELP OO FOR PEOPLE THAT ALREADY APPLIED

My class starts Jan 2017 just got the admission how long does it take to process and get the student visa from the embassy cos am yet to apply for that still gatthering my documents??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2016
Nozzle:

This is madness...at some point we'll have to address this madness!
why are they delaying visa application for 3 months! what are they investigating Some ppl actually need their international passport to go to work (offshores), even for visiting visas, they cant afford to stay way from their passport for a months! A friend had to call back his documents when he applied for a Visa and it took eternity for them to make a decision! US Visas has never been this stressful.

you will put ppl in months of unimaginable suspense! yet i hear ppl are denied!

Nigeria processing times - 15 weeks
~ 4months!

Na wa o

Frostbaby yours will be a success IJN...we eagerly await your testimony.
meanwhile during paper application it is not a MUST you submit your passport.if given the questionnaire to fill in their office,asking if you need your passport for other travels or whatsoever, answer yes and you would be asked to make photocopies and you take back you original passport back/home

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abdoor44: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2016
Hello guys...Who knows if U of Sask require student to pay his/her tuition fee before living Nigeria or you pay on your arrival at the school? Can see some people talking about doing medicals during the visa application, how much is th cost of doing the medical and at which hospital precisely? Please anyone to help list the required documents needed in checklist for student visa application when applying through paper route and how much is visa application for paper route package? Im planing to gather my document ASAP. Your contribution is highly appreciated. Thanks @everybody!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2016
essyife:

Yes dear we are still waiting I summited 8 sept waiting for mail for medical so chill

Thanks bro, update me so how I will know how it goes at your end.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2016
amii131:

PLEASE HELP OO FOR PEOPLE THAT ALREADY APPLIED

My class starts Jan 2017 just got the admission how long does it take to process and get the student visa from the embassy cos am yet to apply for that still gatthering my documents??

It takes 3 months 12 weeks, I checked Canada's website not quite long and I was seeing 16 weeks.
To think you have not submitted at all, that means if u summit, the application with enter Jan.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by amii131(f): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2016
holar2ge:

It takes 3 months 12 weeks, I checked Canada's website not quite long and I was seeing 16 weeks.
To think you have not submitted at all, that means if u summit, the application with enter Jan.

My studies starts January What's ur candid advice like I should go ahead applying?just worried
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamlimitless: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2016
Universities among the U15(you can check the list on wiki) Canadian universities spend huge money on research every year(endowments)... for students intending to do a thesis/research based MSC or PhD with a 2.1 GPA(some schools among those 15 schools consider last 2 years GPA).... there is high possibilities of financial funding, if you can search your departments in this schools....take note that unless you have an excellent grade and previous research experience stay from some of the schools(i.e UBC, McGill, U of T)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2016
Please let's be reasonable here.
Someone already gave you the estimated processing time which is 16weeks. If you do your calculation right, the maximum number of weeks you can possibly get before this year runs out is 10weeks considering Christmas and new year break. Do u need a prophet to tell you that you will probably be needing GOD'S intervention for your app to be processed within short period of time? If your faith can carry it, why not go ahead and apply?
The question you're asking is synonymous to when someone is telling you to walk on the water and you're asking the person if you will sink if you walk on water. So if the person advice you to walk in it that you won't get to sink, will you the go ahead base on the advice?
Please let's all desist from this act of asking for food and still also asking to be spoon feed.
Thanks.
amii131:

My studies starts January What's ur candid advice like I should go ahead applying?just worried

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jj17cv(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Go ahead and apply january intakes fine TRV is not about first come first serve
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by klawaaa: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2016
sleekysoft:
sorry about that bro but dont lose hope yet
please can ou help me with writing samples ??
op, please how did you go about the Germany block account?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2016
Happy Sunday all!

I am new hear but l appreciate all u guys have been doing.

Feb 2nd 2016, l was delayed. Course of intended study was Public Relations and Corporate Communication (PGD) Fanshawe College. I was refused for this reasons : Purpose of visit, close ties to country of residence and Canada, Personal Financial situation and assets, travel history.

Presently l have gotten a Masters admission from Univ. Of British Columbia for January 2017 in line with my UG Studies. Although l intend deferring to Sept 2017 soon.

I travelled to Ghana in May to clear the travel history issue.

My uncle stays in Canada and his wife who was my sponsor stays in (US) but uncle is leaving Canada before December this year. My new sponsor is my counsin- in- law.

I bought a land few months ago which is less than a million while my last account statement was 500k.

My wedding is next month.

I don't work with my previous employer. I am self employed at the moment. My university librarian gave me a letter stating his willing to absorb me as a digital librarian ( field of study: MLIS with focus on Digital Resource Management)

My questions are:
1. how do l tackle my previous reasons of denial Purpose of visit, close ties to country of residence and Canada, Personal Financial situation and assets, travel history?
2. Explain to the visa officer why l am self employed?
3. Convince the visa officer that l don't intend to stay back at my uncle's house in Toronto?
4. Can anyone who is a good SOP writer help me go through my SOP?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2016
sillymoderator:
Good day guys.....hope everybody is fine.......wish you guys success in your TRV app..
Cheers
Oyacra

Amen

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2016
penitential:
Please let's be reasonable here.
Someone already gave you the estimated processing time which is 16weeks. If you do your calculation right, the maximum number of weeks you can possibly get before this year runs out is 10weeks considering Christmas and new year break. Do u need a prophet to tell you that you will probably be needing GOD'S intervention for your app to be processed within short period of time? If your faith can carry it, why not go ahead and apply?
The question you're asking is synonymous to when someone is telling you to walk on the water and you're asking the person if you will sink if you walk on water. So if the person advice you to walk in it that you won't get to sink, will you the go ahead base on the advice?
Please let's all desist from this act of asking for food and still also asking to be spoon feed.
Thanks.

Jj17cv is right. There is no harm in applying when it's just 11 weeks to her resumption. A friend of mine got his TRV within 7 weeks.

If she is applying with MSc or Meng ,she should give it a try.

The processing time of 16 weeks is meant for Pgd applicants and we all know that it's meant to frustrate them .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2016
Please next time if you want to quote any of my statement, be sure to have read every single letters of my write ups before you start attacking out to people.
Have I never said she can't get her TRV? I only advised her base on the processing period of TRV and her resumption date.
And please provide me with link to CIC website which state "The processing time of 16 weeks is meant for Pgd applicants and we all know that it's meant to frustrate them" i stated categorically that if her faith is strong enough to put in her application for January with just less than 11weeks in reapect to the 16weeks application time she should go ahead. (Everyone's believe differs) even when the processing period was 13weeks, some still got their TRV's in less than 8weeks while some waited 18weeks with no result. So please before u attack me, be sure you have a precise understanding of my post very well.
Avalon316:

Jj17cv is right. There is no harm in applying when it's just 11 weeks to her resumption. A friend of mine got his TRV within 7 weeks.

If she is applying with MSc or Meng ,she should The processing time of 16 weeks is meant for Pgd applicants and we all know that it's meant to frustrate them .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2016
penitential:
Please next time if you want to quote any of my statement, be sure to have read every single letters of my write ups before you start attacking out to people.
Have I never said she can't get her TRV? I only advised her base on the processing period of TRV and her resumption date.
And please provide me with link to CIC website which state "The processing time of 16 weeks is meant for Pgd applicants and we all know that it's meant to frustrate them" i stated categorically that if her faith is strong enough to put in her application for January with just less than 11weeks in reapect to the 16weeks application time she should go ahead. (Everyone's believe differs) even when the processing period was 13weeks, some still got their TRV's in less than 8weeks while some waited 18weeks with no result. So please before u attack me, be sure you have a precise understanding of my post very well.

Attack you? Is having a contrary opinion the same thing as attacking the person?

Bomb dey your head.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bimpe011: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2016
still waiting for my visa
applied: 25th of june
biometrics done: 1st july
medicals call: 22 sept
Medicals passed: 5th october
Just praying and hoping to get my visa before next month

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by debris: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2016
penitential:

I hope nobody annoyed you this morning it shouldn't be the way you reply to comments if you want,I only asked to hear from ppl who has been on that to know how sucessful that were pls easy attacking everyone.

Thanks @jjck for ur reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hi
Has anyone on this forum been given TRV and applied early August (first week)?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
11 weeks and counting
Upfront medicals : passed

Hope i'm still in line?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abdoor44: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello gurus...Who knows if U of Sask require student to pay his/her tuition fee before living Nigeria or you pay on your arrival at the school? Can see some people talking about doing medicals during the visa application, how much is th cost of doing the medical and at which hospital precisely? Please anyone to help list the required documents needed in checklist for student visa application when applying through paper route and how much is visa application for paper route package? Im planing to gather my document ASAP. Your contribution is highly appreciated. Thanks @everybody!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
I don't blame you. I should have understand you better. SMH.
Avalon316:

Attack you? Is having a contrary opinion the same thing as attacking the person?

Bomb dey your head.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
@ abdoor44
U cn require for that information on their portal. Send a mail to to them and they will reply but to the best of my knowledge i dnt think so.
Yea, the medicals mentioned is compulsory for those applying for a study visa since u will b staying more than 6 months. You cn decide to go for upfront medical to hasten the visa process. I did mine at children practice consultant at ikoyi for 28,000. This is all i cn contribute, other guru's cn help out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
Madam debris, sorry if my comment sounds like an attack.
But what I was just trying to tell you is that we should learn to play by the rules. 16weeks been the processing time given by CIC should be our guide for waiting period when applying for TRV. If it comes earlier, fine!, and if it's taking longer than expected, then one can send them an e-mail. By so doing you will know you're justify for questioning them as to why your application is taking long. Hope I've clear myself?, don't mean to attack you please. And as for the illustration in my first comment, it's just an ordinary illustration and not to mean anything to anybody. Thanks.
debris:

I hope nobody annoyed you this morning it shouldn't be the way you reply to comments if you want,I only asked to hear from ppl who has been on that to know how sucessful that were pls easy attacking everyone.

Thanks @jjck for ur reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
amii131:

I don't know mehn, I applied last month and the deadline to pay school fees Is NOV 9th.
I am waiting on the Lord too.
N:B I am going to resume January too.

Go and apply and ve faith.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Be hopeful

I don't know mehn, I applied last month and the deadline to pay school fees Is NOV 9th.
I am waiting on the Lord too.
N:B I am going to resume January too.

Go and apply and ve faith.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abdoor44: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thanks so much sillymoderator. Your contribution is highly appreciated...what's my chance of getting the trv if my local government wanna sponsor me? Do yo mean Letter of Acceptance for the LOA? Thanks bro

uote author=sillymoderator post=50245806]
1. About tuition deposit/payment check your LOA or the school.
2. About Medical you have two options either you do upfront or wait till you get mail to go for one.
3. Medical fee depends on the clinic you visit (check Approved clinics on CIC site)
4. For documents list the ones you have people will tell you what remains.
5. Contact VFS for the latest fee very easy to do.

PS. Am not a guru am just passing by
Oyacra.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abdoor44: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Boss frostbaby... I salute you for your progressive contribution...God bless you bro! Please do you have there email?

quote author=Frostbaby post=50245947]@ abdoor44
U cn require for that information on their portal. Send a mail to to them and they will reply but to the best of my knowledge i dnt think so.
Yea, the medicals mentioned is compulsory for those applying for a study visa since u will b staying more than 6 months. You cn decide to go for upfront medical to hasten the visa process. I did mine at children practice consultant at ikoyi for 28,000. This is all i cn contribute, other guru's cn help out[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.