Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910426 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
1soul:
Please how true is it that someone above 30 applying for study visa, Msc precisely would most likely get rejected?

I have applied to the school already and will be getting a feedback by february. I am 31, married and expecting a baby january, I work with a bank in Nigeria. I am going for an Msc program. But Since someone told me an agent told her that anyone above 30years of age going via student route will get rejected by CIC I've been feeling discouraged.

Please I need advice guys.

Nope. Not true. I'm almost 40, married with kid but I got my trv this year and doing my MBA now. So pkease do what you need to do.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emperoracro(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
1soul:
Please how true is it that someone above 30 applying for study visa, Msc precisely would most likely get rejected?

I have applied to the school already and will be getting a feedback by february. I am 31, married and expecting a baby january, I work with a bank in Nigeria. I am going for an Msc program. But Since someone told me an agent told her that anyone above 30years of age going via student route will get rejected by CIC I've been feeling discouraged.

On what basis did the agent conclude on that?

That's too far fetched, all that is needed is show what you have being doing since you graduated and to be on the safe side make sure its (what you have being engaged in) related to what you want to study in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emperoracro(m): 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
spores99:

lyndaugochukwu

My questions are:
1. how do l tackle my previous reasons of denial Purpose of visit, close ties to country of residence and Canada, Personal Financial situation and assets, travel history?
2. Explain to the visa officer why l am self employed?
3. Convince the visa officer that l don't intend to stay back at my uncle's house in Toronto?
4. Can anyone who is a good SOP writer help me go through my SOP?j
? please house help with this issue.....

1. Did u include your land receipts and deed to your previous application? If u didnt then you should include that.
2. Do you have a registered business name if yes, include copies of you cac registration cert n business statement of accounts. And also explain how you operate your business in your sop
3. You can include in your sop any plans you have for coming back to naija and practising what you learnt in Canada n u can as well state Wat you intend doing with the land you bought. and if possible you can prove u will come back to continue with your business if its related with your course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nievel: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Pls house has anyone here gotten admission for masters in Canada with 2.2 undergrad and a previous masters degree??

I have been mailing most schools and all of them just mention the 2.2 undergrad as a limitation without considering the masters degree.

Pls kindly share your experience or any info concerning this. Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teleayomi: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello All,

I would like to say a big thank you to Lawmerchant for his research on applying for study permit from the US with a B1/B2 visa. The information has been very useful to me. However, i was told that they might want to know why you didnt send your application from your country. please what is the best response to this. I need to be fully prepared before i travel.

Also, do i need to do my police report and medicals before i leave naija, please advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bbwollex(m): 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
ysmd:

Someone kindly assit with a response

when submitting paper application, they don't collect original certificates from you only photocopies are accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by 1soul(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thanks, I feel much better now.

Sevenody:

Nope. Not true. I'm almost 40, married with kid but I got my trv this year and doing my MBA now. So pkease do what you need to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Don't be discouraged brother. That assertion is a lie. Please go ahead and apply since you're going for a master program. Just present a good application (home ties in Nigeria, purpose of visit, assets, and please don't quit your present job please).
1soul:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by 1soul(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thank you bro, this mean a whole lot to me. I won't quit my job yet, but once i tavel I can't keep it anymore. My wife & baby, plot of land, pension and my job(since I won't be quoting till i cross) can serve as a home tie. What do you think.

penitential:
Don't be discouraged brother. That assertion is a lie. Please go ahead and apply since you're going for a master program. Just present a good application (home ties in Nigeria, purpose of visit, assets, and please don't quit your present job please).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Very good.
1soul:
Thank you bro, this mean a whole lot to me. I won't quit my job yet, but once i tavel I can't keep it anymore. My wife & baby, plot of land, pension and my job(since I won't be quoting till i cross) can serve as a home tie. What do you think.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bollytin17: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good afternoon all. I want to commend the administrators of this forum for a job well done. Pls i am new here. I work with with a federal parastatal and i intend taking a study leave for my postgradraduate study in canada either PGD or Msc. i would like to have a list of some universities that are not very expensive and i will like to know how much i need to have in my account before applying. Im an IT personal in my place of work.
Expecting a reply soon. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by opia12345: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
im in your shoes, though im yet to mail any school, cos im yet to have my mba cert with me.. i will love to attach it while mailing the schools
Nievel:
Pls house has anyone here gotten admission for masters in Canada with 2.2 undergrad and a previous masters degree??

I have been mailing most schools and all of them just mention the 2.2 undergrad as a limitation without considering the masters degree.

Pls kindly share your experience or any info concerning this. Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
http://www.study-domain.com/2016-list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-with-tuition-fees-and-contact-information/
bollytin17:
Good afternoon all. I want to commend the administrators of this forum for a job well done. Pls i am new here. I work with with a federal parastatal and i intend taking a study leave for my postgradraduate study in canada either PGD or Msc. i would like to have a list of some universities that are not very expensive and i will like to know how much i need to have in my account before applying. Im an IT personal in my place of work.
Expecting a reply soon. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
TRV hopefuls

Anyone in the 12th week here with me?
Medicals passed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by foladz21(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello All,

Seniors in the house please I need help on how to convince the VO for re-application. The reason for the refusal of initial application is that the applicant my wife doesn't have personal asset. I am the sponsor and I am not accompany so I included all my documents, land deed, statement of account, letter from employer etc but they came back that she has no personal asset. We just got a property and I want to register it in her name.
1) Is it okay to submit that for the re-application as her personal asset?
2) How can I convince the VO in the SOP?

Thank you for your guides!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tbaib(f): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
brandymcmb:

I gave those ones 1k, they just unzipped the bag and zipped it back

They didn't even open it
Ha makes sense. Loll

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by foladz21(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nozzle:

This is madness...at some point we'll have to address this madness!
why are they delaying visa application for 3 months! what are they investigating Some ppl actually need their international passport to go to work (offshores), even for visiting visas, they cant afford to stay way from their passport for a months! A friend had to call back his documents when he applied for a Visa and it took eternity for them to make a decision! US Visas has never been this stressful.

you will put ppl in months of unimaginable suspense! yet i hear ppl are denied!

Nigeria processing times - 15 weeks
~ 4months!

Na wa o

Frostbaby yours will be a success IJN...we eagerly await your testimony.

Honestly it is so stressful. They return my wife's application after 13weeks of waiting with refusal paper. The part of holding folks to ransom by not releasing their passport is a menace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oluwayeminikans: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Does it make any sense to try applying for jobs in Canada from Nigeria? I got a Canadian site that works like jobber man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Omodollyp: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
taiwo92:
any prospective Mun here

Hii
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
taiwo92:
any prospective Mun here
my brother uptil now,decisions have not been made,Nawa o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bimpe011: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
finally got my visa today after 16weeks

19 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
bimpe011:

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
Congrats bimple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Yelowfellow: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
bimpe011:
finally got my visa today after 16weekus

Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Guys help.

I know there was an email address someone here someyime ago used to send an additional document to CIC after he had submitted his application. Does anyone know it?

Oga justwise, thesoj, MichV, Law merchant And My other people who were here earlier times. Please help. Someone needs to send a crucial document after he has submitted. Its urgent!!
Thanks a mill
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
bimpe011:
Congratulations..meanwhile your testimony is just concise lacking informative details unless you are yet to drop it after your champagne popping which also interprets to me that you may have used an agent,i never further stated it is wrong using any.
What program level are you going for,masters or undergraduate?meanwhile i no longer want to be Mentioning Pgd(c)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ventq: 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello guys, please how much should my sponsor have in his account before applying for TRV, my schools fees (Manitoba) is around 6000CAD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Sevenody:
Guys help.

I know there was an email address someone here someyime ago used to send an additional document to CIC after he had submitted his application. Does anyone know it?

Oga justwise, thesoj, MichV, Law merchant And My other people who were here earlier times. Please help. Someone needs to send a crucial document after he has submitted. Its urgent!!
Thanks a mill
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca or also CSE for paper route and CSE(case specific enquiry) for online applications because using -accraimmigration@international.gc.ca to direct online application may not seem responsive and appropriate because your application may have been routed to another country where there is Canadian embassy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
To the bolded, before dem go begin torchlite you now. Dem go search you out. grin grin grin grin grin grin
michV:
Congratulations..meanwhile your testimony is just concise lacking informative details unless you are yet to drop it after your champagne popping which also interprets to me that you may have used an agent,i never further stated it is wrong using any.
What program level are you going for,masters or undergraduate?meanwhile i no longer want to be Mentioning Pgd(c)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
bimpe011:

Congrats Bimpe. kindly list the documents you submitted. pgc, pgd or msc? which uni? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
michV:
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca or also CSE for paper route and CSE(case specific enquiry) for online applications because using -accraimmigration@international.gc.ca to direct online application may not seem responsive and appropriate because your application may have been routed to another country where there is Canadian embassy

Chai. Bros mi. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ventq: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
ventq:
Hello guys, please how much should my sponsor have in his account before applying for TRV, my schools fees (Manitoba) is around 6000CAD
Someone please help a brother am kinda new here, I have followed the thread but similar questions like mine have been ignored. Any info will be greatly appreciated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.