Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912325 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
Please I offer my advice to all members of the forum.

1. Members (especially new members) should be open and free minded to the experienced members (Seniors if to say) who wanna offer advice concerning their application.

2. If you truly wanna learn, you must first liberate your mind so that you can educate it.

3. Be sincere to someone guiding you on how to file your application.

4. Keep updates.

5. Think together and brainstorm so as to find ways and solution to your application.

6. Don't neglect anyone.

7. Avoid anything dubious.

8. Respect each other.

9. Give advice to someone who values it.

10. Giving advice to an egoist/know it all person may not yield much.

11. Don't be skeptical.

12. Be your brother keeper.

13. Do your best.

14. Believe God is on top of our visa application.

15. Remember to share your documents and programme type once your visa is approved.

It is well.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cribking1(m): 5:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for your response. Please do I need SOP? Going to Sheridan College for Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Control...Justwise, Folaroyal and other gurus please help with SOP.
Folaroyal:

Why do you want to use an agent when you have a relative who can provide those requirements... pls take all the advantages you can with your uncle and be detailed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iyalodeofcanada: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2016
I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

I need urgent advise on what to do. I am currently a graduate student in Canada. Recently I came to Nigeria to marry my fiance of 4years. Prior to my arrival we had plans of bringing him over to Canada through the SOWP. I have told him about the whole process, getting some cash for fixed deposit and all. This was in a bid to save time because I am being mindful of the time left on my TRV. Unfortunately after our wedding, he could not raise his own part of the proof of finance on time. I know quite well that it is not a requirement but then we needed to cross our i's and t's. Right now, we have all the required document. However, I am 5 months away from graduation(April) and 9 months away from expiration of my TRV(August). I am not sure if we should still go ahead with this application, or let him apply for visit instead. I am utterly confused and I really need advise. cc oga siga , onyeoma8, oga akanni oga justwise, oga chrigo everybody help o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kuulme: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2016
yemdogg:

It's called global case management notes. It gives more detailed information regarding the reason for refusal. With the gcms notes, you'd see the VOs line of thought about your application rather than the vague reasons usually stated in the refusal letter.
Oh ok! Thanks and please how does one request for it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Iyalodeofcanada:
I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

I need urgent advise on what to do. I am currently a graduate student in Canada. Recently I came to Nigeria to marry my fiance of 4years. Prior to my arrival we had plans of bringing him over to Canada through the SOWP. I have told him about the whole process, getting some cash for fixed deposit and all. This was in a bid to save time because I am being mindful of the time left on my TRV. Unfortunately after our wedding, he could not raise his own part of the proof of finance on time. I know quite well that it is not a requirement but then we needed to cross our i's and t's. Right now, we have all the required document. However, I am 5 months away from graduation(April) and 9 months away from expiration of my TRV(August). I am not sure if we should still go ahead with this application, or let him apply for visit instead. I am utterly confused and I really need advise. cc oga siga , onyeoma8, oga akanni oga justwise, oga chrigo everybody help o!

Well in my own opinion I will say you pause it for now. Upon graduation you're entitled to work for some numbers of years depending on your program. I will say you get job first, extending your stay in Canada, after which can then make plans for your hubby to join you.

My reason for saying so is this, the VO may not see any reason to approve Ur hubby visa knowing that Ur program will soon end, because d SOWP (spousal open work permit) is for married students whose spouse aren't with them, just to support them emotional, psychologically and otherwise to ensure they finish their program. Since you're almost finished, they may not see reasons to approve your hubby visa.

Just my opinion, anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2016
Kuulme:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2016
MORNING PALS......Soneone applied for Visa for may intake with SOA of #9 million in his personal account as self sponsor and now there is a veryurgent and very important issue in the family and he will need to withdraw #4m from d account...
1)please whats the chance of he getting TRV.........
2) Will embassy also call his bank?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2016
Iyalodeofcanada:
I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

Does your hubby work or run his own business in Nigeria? Without your input will he be able to sponsor himself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2016
adesbaba:
MORNING PALS......Soneone applied for Visa for may intake with SOA of #9 million in his personal account as self sponsor and now there is a veryurgent and very important issue in the family and he will need to withdraw #4m from d account...
1)please whats the chance of he getting TRV.........
2) Will embassy also call his bank?

There is no problem if there is steady inflow and outflow. They only confirm the genuineness of the SOA presented. Just my view.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
Kuulme:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2016
Cribking1:
Thanks for your response. Please do I need SOP? Going to Sheridan College for Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Control...Justwise, Folaroyal and other gurus please help with SOP.
SoP or LoE is a requirement of cic.... aside of that it stands to explain your purpose of visit/study.... shedding light to grey areas.... literally it is the only document that represents you when a VO is reviewing your application and you aren't there physically!
So always make your SoP detailed.... hit the points... and clear enough. You can also allow someone go through it after and before you submit (in case of typos or improper representation of facts)
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Cribking1:
SoP or LoE is a requirement of cic.... aside of that it stands to explain your purpose of visit/study.... shedding light to grey areas.... literally it is the only document that represents you when a VO is reviewing your application and you aren't there physically!
So always make your SoP detailed.... hit the points... and clear enough. You can also allow someone go through it after and before you submit (in case of typos or improper representation of facts)
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajibade105(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2016
I think this is a person with mathematics degree or related course. If you like maths and biology and want to make a difference in the world, I think Biostatistics is a rewarding career, with a lot of opportunity—and the compensation is good, too.

Mathematics graduates you have a lot of opportunities. If you don't know, please make Google your best pal. Start by typing this into Google 'what can I do with a mathematics degree'

abestine:

Most of this VOs don't know what some courses entails, you can lecture them, tell them what you course entails and how they are related mathematics is related to biostatistics. Mathematics is broad, we have pure mathematics, which talks about the abstract maths, we have applied mathematics, which talks about numerical analysis, statistics.
You've been able to link statistics with mathematics, now statistics in itself is broad, we have financial statistics, where we have econometrics, time series etc, and we have biostatistics which deals with the application of statistical theories to study life. Now you've linked mathematics to biostatistics.
Just my opinion, statistician in the house can help the more.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2016
Iyalodeofcanada:
I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

Towing @abestine path..... I'll say .....the first perfect time to take the shot had been missed.... if you dont want to apply and be battling anxiety, my advise..... the second perfect time is immediately you secure your PGWP..... then you will have enough reasons without panicking and your case would have naturally built itself.
Also note however that you can apply anytime but with submissions given above and by @abestine..... yoi may wish to hold on till you have a clear shot. After all... 2 years is long enough to have missed your partner! Oyinbo will not put asunder!!!
My regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2016
Thanks folaroyal , all October Trv applicants will get xmas gifts with Visa Approval by Gods grace.Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2016
See, i am just gonna advise you based on my experience and that of a friend.

First, i won't advise you guys to apply for Visiting Visa because it seems they hardly (if they have not totally stopped) give Visiting visa to someone with a spouse in Canada.

It is a bit late as someone rightly said. However, i believe you should still put in the application for SOWP since you still have atleast 6 months on your study permit. This is because you need to get a job in Skill Level O, A or B with your PGWP which is the requirement to grant SOWP : A job in skill level O, A or B

Nevertheless, if you are sure you will get a job in level O, A or B, then you can wait till you get your PGWP before you apply for SOWP.

Iyalodeofcanada:
I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Gymme:

First, i won't advise you guys to apply for Visiting Visa because it seems they hardly (if they have not totally stopped) give Visiting visa to someone with a spouse in Canada.

It is a bit late as someone rightly said. However, i believe you should still put in the application for SOWP since you still have atleast 6 months on your study permit. This is because you need to get a job in Skill Level O, A or B with your PGWP which is the requirement to grant SOWP : A job in skill level O, A or B

Nevertheless, if you are sure you will get a job in level O, A or B, then you can wait till you get your PGWP before you apply for SOWP.

You're a spouse or family member of someone working or studying temporarily in Canada
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’re:

a spouse of a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B approved to work in Canada six months or longer,

a spouse of a foreign student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec,

a family member of a foreign representative, or

a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada.

If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:

a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips.
Your permit will not be valid longer than your spouse’s work permit.

You also need to meet the general eligibility requirements for a work permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
peridott:
Thanks folaroyal , all October Trv applicants will get xmas gifts with Visa Approval by Gods grace.Amen.
Amen.. You've done your medicals??.. peridott

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=Iyalodeofcanada post=50995462]I NEED ADVISE O ABEG
Hi everyone,

@ iyalode, eyin ancestors, I hail o.
SOWP is taking eternity now o. I almost regret this SOWP application. wish I did visiting visa, my daughter and husby have a pending application since May 19th.

I have sent mails to IRCC, they've sent a mail to Lagos office and we are still waiting. I have handed it over to God cos thats who I believe my game changer is.
# different applications with different stories though#

All the best maam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
@ justwise baba, folaroyal and@ gymme thanks for the contribution. Let me chip this in: I have a beautiful friend who I have forged an healthy alliance with here in Winnipeg - moniker? Team12.
This lady applied for SOWP and got it before leaving Nigeria. So, that speculation about NOC is not a stringent rule ( except if I don't get a clear explanation as delineated before).

Additionally, a naija lady who live in the same address as mine here in " Winterpeg" grin brought her hubby via SOWP and she is a Red River College student. Right now the man has worked over 600 hours, gotten LMIA ( Labour Market blablabl needed for PR) and he will be the principal applicant for PR cos the lady just gave birth, took leave of absence etc etc.

In my quest for a better way to beat cic @ their incessant delay of application, I further met a wonderful family wherein the husband came via visiting visa and they ' regularised' on Canadian soil to SOWP from visiting.

@ iyalode I think you have been given a sound advice by our people, try to make a decision that you would have made if you were without someone to talk to and faced with the choice of SOWP or visiting.
Whichever application is more time consuming may be discarded for the shorter one so you have elasticity of time.
I wish you were in Winnipeg. The province favors our kind of applications.

# that's why I said different strokes for different applications#.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluine56(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=bosypumpin post=51004804][/quote]
How's team12 doing?
Pls tell her to dey show face here once in a while. I miss her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
bosypumpin:
@ justwise baba, folaroyal and@ gymme thanks for the contribution. Let me chip this in: I have a beautiful friend who I have forged an healthy alliance with here in Winnipeg - moniker? Team12.
This lady applied for SOWP and got it before leaving Nigeria. So, that speculation about NOC is not a stringent rule ( except if I don't get a clear explanation as delineated before).

Additionally, a naija lady who live in the same address as mine here in " Winterpeg" grin brought her hubby via SOWP and she is a Red River College student. Right now the man has worked over 600 hours, gotten LMIA ( Labour Market blablabl needed for PR) and he will be the principal applicant for PR cos the lady just gave birth, took leave of absence etc etc.

In my quest for a better way to beat cic @ their incessant delay of application, I further met a wonderful family wherein the husband came via visiting visa and they ' regularised' on Canadian soil to SOWP from visiting.

@ iyalode I think you have been given a sound advice by our people, try to make a decision that you would have made if you were without someone to talk to and faced with the choice of SOWP or visiting.
Whichever application is more time consuming may be discarded for the shorter one so you have elasticity of time.
I wish you were in Winnipeg. The province favors our kind of applications.

# that's why I said different strokes for different applications#.

Pls be clear about this.... the NOC issue only comes in whereby the invitee is already on the PGWP. The caption i posted is from cic website. Occupation classification would not be a requirement when you are still on a valid study permit.
I am in line with your advise though... since its possible to change your status while in canada... it's wise to apply for Visiting ... to beat this long wait even!
Thanks for your contribution.
Kind regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hello Igbouwanile , i did upfront medical paper route and medical passed after linking application online .Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
peridott:
Hello Igbouwanile , i did upfront medical paper route and medical passed after linking application online .Thanks

Which programme (MSc or Ph.d) are you going for?

Which school?

What date did you submitted your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ajibade105:
I think this is a person with mathematics degree or related course. If you like maths and biology and want to make a difference in the world, I think Biostatistics is a rewarding career, with a lot of opportunity—and the compensation is good, too.

Mathematics graduates you have a lot of opportunities. If you don't know, please make Google your best pal. Start by typing this into Google 'what can I do with a mathematics degree'

Yeah, I did industrial mathematics and then statistics and I am going for Biostatistics again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
toluine56:

Wow that's 5months and counting
Hope you've sent a mail (case specific enquiry) to CIC?
Don't even give up yet. You never know.
just chill mine is kina close to urs. Mine I submitted since June 9th yet no medical call I just hope for the best coz I believe if dey want to denie u ur trv dey wud have done that a long time. Just hold on and try to email me let's keep in touch. Patofronter@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluine56(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
Fronter:
just chill mine is kina close to urs. Mine I submitted since June 9th yet no medical call I just hope for the best coz I believe if dey want to denie u ur trv dey wud have done that a long time. Just hold on and try to email me let's keep in touch. Patofronter@gmail.com
You quoted the wrong person
CC amaragrace94.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iyalodeofcanada: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Gymme:

Thank you so much. I know its a bit late going by the recent trend of two months. If we submit today then we should expect response by sometimes in January. By then, I will have about 3months to graduate and 6month to TRV expiration. The chances of approval looks slim. I believe 6 months 1year is good including processing period. As regards the O,A or B Job, no one knows how sooner getting a job will be. I can't just imagine having to live indefinitely like a spinster when I am married. I have not even had honeymoon. I am just confused. Thanks anyway

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
peridott:

Okay,, let'z keep de hope alive.. God will answer our prayer & that of all TRV hopefuls.. Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iyalodeofcanada: 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
justwise:

Does your hubby work or run his own business in Nigeria? Without your input will he be able to sponsor himself?

He works and has his own business in Nigeria. Without my input he will be able to sponsor himself
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
God is on course 2 granting our heart desires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.