Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911738 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2016
Julyveryown:
OK, thanks but I wanna ask how I apply for the gcms note and If it's free?

Not free.

Elders will have to answer the question how, or you go to previous pages. I don't have the link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2016
jasondavidz1:
please dont lose faith.....dont give up Mikymiko

Though the CIC decision may hurt him, I believe he won't as well. He has not come this far to give up. He is re-strategizing.

Bro! We love you if you seeing this.
Don't give up.
Privately Call the elders to assist in your repackaging. They are willing more than you think. grin

God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Damienkings(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2016
Good morning everybody please I want to know the province in Canada where I can easily get my resident permit..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Damienkings(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2016
Please I want to know between studying chemical engineering and IT which of them has a better pay in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 31, 2016
emma4eva:
Travelled with turkish airline, food was weird maybe I was expected eba, lol. Normal check along connecting flights. Nothing odd.
At poe, things was way easier than I expected, I was asked to show admission letter, visa approval mail and proof of payment. They just glanced through them and stamped my passport, another guy from Nigeria only had his admission letter with him, he wasnt queried.
Canada is a nice place, the cold is another thing entirely.
Nice one bro... Did you eventually use the flight ticket link?
@ PoE experience.... dat is what it feels like in a developed nation! May God help us here.
As per cold... pls keep well.... dats the joy of it.. grin I think is better to get your thermal wears over there.
Nice to hear from you.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2016
Julyveryown:
I greet una oh, pls how do I apply for the gcms note for my refusal after waiting for 6 months July to December so I can re-apply for September next year and is the gcms note free??

Bro here are d links for d GCMS, & 2ndly 2 order for it is not free,... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp OR http://gcmsnow.com/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 10:26am On Dec 31, 2016
Osemigho:

I am admission seeker like you. Let me motivate you with my story.

I applied to 3 schools last year. 1 of which require a supervisor which I got one. I was refused admission in the 3 schools.

Restarted around july 2016 to email supervisors again.In the supervisor search race, I can divide it to two things with varying responses.

1 stage was July - late October 2016, I sent email to about 50+ professors with no proposal. Only about 2 responded positively, one which interviewed/skyped me, sent several papers to me to read and use to develop a research proposal. Developed something a little out of her field. he/she went further to get other Supervisors in my new field to support my app with the proposal.
The other one, in a different school, gave me just yes and said I should apply. No extra support no proposal development.

Stage 2- November - December 20th 2016, I sent new email to several professors again. Specifying the research I want to do and attaching the propos of stage 1 above to the email. I got "no space too" but with a different tone. It is more of referal to other professors in their school and even other schools. I even got two "yes" and one referral in one program alone on the same day. But [/b]admission is still not guaranteed[/b].

In Canadian supervisor, admission and visa race, favour and diligence is what you need.

I pray God will favour us all. Amen!

Good luck bro. No matter what, try not to give up.

I am an admission seeker like you praying for God's favour. grin
I got a cgpa more than 4.40, i study Microbiology and I would like to proceed for my Msc at a University in Canada. My question is what do you advice based on Nigerian system of Education that impart more theory in students than practical, a coursework or research (thesis) based Master program?? My fear is how to adapt if am only subjected to less dependent research work.... Are Nigerians adapting with thesis based program. And i believe course based program has both coursework and practicum.... What do you people advise please.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2016
I am an admission seeker like you praying for God's favour. grin[/quote]
I got a cgpa more than 4.40, i study Microbiology and I would like to proceed for my Msc at a University in Canada. My question is what do you advice based on Nigerian system of Education that impart more theory in students than practical, a coursework or research (thesis) based Master program?? My fear is how to adapt if am only subjected to less dependent research work.... Are Nigerians adapting with thesis based program. And i believe course based program has both coursework and practicum.... What do you people advise please.

Secondly, i have an uncle that's a very far cousin and doesn't share my surname, can he be my sponsor. If NO how can i improvise
Is it necessary i provide two different accounts with two different SOA.... ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Folaroyal:

Nice one bro... Did you eventually use the flight ticket link?
@ PoE experience.... dat is what it feels like in a developed nation! May God help us here.
As per cold... pls keep well.... dats the joy of it.. grin I think is better to get your thermal wears over there.
Nice to hear from you.
Regards
Yea, I used the contact. considering the timing of my movement, the price was fare.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by umofiaeng: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
wiljen120:

Which Concordia University are you referring to? Is it the one at Edmonton or Montreal?
Concordia university, Montreal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adedrizzy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
emma4eva:
I thank God for sending you guys my way, you all have being of immense blessings.
bayocanny justwise metrecube michV thesoj easyxtan bosypumpin joblinks1 mikymiko sexyqueen2 oversworld, etc
submitted my first application 3rd june, online
Document Submitted.
Personal:
cic forms
Letter of acceptance MEng
Statement of purpose
BEng statement of result
School transcript
Nysc cert
Refrence letter from a possible future employer
Birth cert
Sponsor:
All CAC documents of his company(e plenty)
Soa of 19mil
decleration of sponsorship letter
National Identity card

denied for insuffient funds.

Second application on the 3rd of sept,
Sent same documents as before, included
Police report
my almost torn baptismal card
My sponsor increased soa to 29mil
2 plots of land survey plans
a more detailed sponsor letter stating how much will be made available for me
Sworn affidavit of sponsorship
His international Passport
Medical request mail came 28th of nov, passed came a week later.
Passport request came on 14th Dec

I almost lost my mind waiting, what kept me strong was God (give him ur time abeg) and you guys here, some updates are funny, some annoying and some sad. Always waiting for michV to post, guy is always detailed even if its just greeting.

Folaroyal, the first time i noticed your post I asked myself who be this guy wey carry fire come. You are matured, I require your assistance with flight booking.

Anybody in Toronto should holla at me abeg, I need help in packaging myself.

Bro, you said you submitted police report on the second application, are you saying police report might have Conttibutted to your first denial?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by umofiaeng: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
Folaroyal:

We congratulate you in advance as we await your success story!!
Obviously... the embassy will not request for a passport to stamp refusal .... only TRVs are stamped on request of passports.
Regards
@folaroyal pls I need your help. I'm very new here n a prospective student at Concordia university, Montreal. Pls could u guide me through the application process? I will like to a get a template of d documents submitted like d personal letter, motivation letter etc n also d best medium of submitting your documents for an m sc program. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
cuspy:

Ok. The system is very much different from that of the US. I'd start mailing potential supervisors.

To be honest, funding is a necessity to me. My cgpa is a little above 4.5, I hope it'll do?
your cgpa should do, but i implore you to widen the radius of your net. Don't limit yourself to one or two schs. 4.5 might be high enough but to the likes of Toronto,McGill,UBC na still moi moi. Thats where ur SOP comes in to save you, depending on how strong you made it
I wish you well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
Damienkings:
Please I want to know between studying chemical engineering and IT which of them has a better pay in Canada?
undergrad or postgrad?
If undergrad, then the below does not apply to you.
For post grad studies, pls forget abt all these nonsense talks (sorry for the harsh word here ) abt one course having better prospects for now. Just choose the one that will make you get TRV. A lot of people are being denied daily based on course mismatch so it will be good to learn from others mistakes.

You did chem eng in undergrad? Just go for chem eng in masters
You did IT/computer science/ software eng in undergrad? Go for IT stuff.

Then when you get to canada, CIC will no longer be a problem and you can have a say in your life by changing sch and course and even program if you still wish to do so, by simply notifying them.
For now, just play safe. Play by the rules.

Now to answer your question after all my unnecessary rant, IT pays better, depending on your skills and there is just no end to IT jobs in a developed world.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
freeradical:
I applied to McGill University with one application fee for 2 msc programs Biological and biomedical engineering and biochemistry. Second is university of Toronto msc biochemistry while third is UBC msc biochemistry.
What about yours?
Boss i hail ooo!
To apply only to the 3 best schs in canada shocked , either your cgpa is 4.9 or you have been dieting on "liver" recently and you have grown some balls.
Either way, i wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by 1soul(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2016
Good day house, please my younger bro got refused and the following were ticked;

Travel history and
Purpose of visit

Please how do we tackle these in our next application?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
freeradical:
Hmm....any suggestions of schools I can apply to.

Bro. I greet you so much. I also had a very high CGPA. I applied to just only 2 schools in canada. Dalhousie University and U of Sask. With my personal statement and tight application and funds seeking mails to potential supervisors...I was rejected in Dal Uni but U of sask gave me admission but based on funding with my supervisor that agree to supervise sent me an email telling me to come first to school then we will sit and talk abt funding. I agreed with him but also asked him why. He said most international students that he gives funding to don't resume because of visa rejection palava.
Mind you. 2days ago I met a nigeria professor that lectured in OAU and Osun state uni. But now in Uni of Manitoba. He came to ile-ife for xmas and we talked. He told me a lot and he said schools doesn't have anytin to do with CIC. He said he gave 2 9ja guys funding for their PHD progm but dey got rejected by CIC.....dat one nko? he also said I sud advice everyone planning to come to canada for study not to use any agent. That both 9ja agent or canada agents doesn't have any say about study visa.

My advise for you Bro is to accept any supervisor saying yes to you but not talking abt funding. When u reach their u will get grant and scholarships yapa since u be efiko.

Guy na Visa process be koko funding or no funding.

Happy new year everyone

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chimah3(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
chimah3:
Has Anyone ever written a SOP for Information technology business analysis course before?

I need a sample as a guideline please...so I don't misyarn! Thanks!

Anyone please!?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
Osemigho:

You have the best answer already but lemme add little.

Except for few schools, I know, most time, the admission is just for a supervisor to agree to supervise you and acceptance comes with finding. In some cases, you and your supervisor both develop a research proposal together.

For most Canadian research programs, you have the "get a Supervisor" challenge to solve. I can assure you that unlike US professors that you don't reply, most reply "no space" or best refer you to another if they like your profile or proposal. It is challenging task that you need to embrace yourself for before you start. Some are blessed and favoured with little effort but most sweat. Personally I was favoured but still ended mailing many Prof to get few "yes" and their yeses still doesn't guarantee acceptance.

Best application time for funding is between September and January. You came at the deadline period.

Feel free to ask the house more questions.

It is well. All the best bro. Shalom!

My thoughts exactly. Am currently communicating with a supervisor who asked me to mention his name when I apply so that my application is brought to his attention. I haven't discussed funding with him as admission comes with full funding from the department in form of T. A. The only thing I did was to update him when I completed my application.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Innomside: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
I am a new member house, am going to Newfoundland for a nursing assessment exam, can anyone assist me with issues on accommodation and settling down. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abbeyberry2016: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
Good evening people pls my I want to use my daddy account as statement of account pls teach me how t sponsorship letter will look like pls
[quote author=Folaroyal post=52403147][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Anyone in Toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abbeyberry2016: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Abbeyberry2016:
Good evening people pls my I want to use my daddy account as statement of account pls teach me how t sponsorship letter will look like pls
close. Account of 10m he had but I need to know how to write the letter pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
wealth360:

Bro. I greet you so much. I also had a very high CGPA. I applied to just only 2 schools in canada. Dalhousie University and U of Sask. With my personal statement and tight application and funds seeking mails to potential supervisors...I was rejected in Dal Uni but U of sask gave me admission but based on funding with my supervisor that agree to supervise sent me an email telling me to come first to school then we will sit and talk abt funding. I agreed with him but also asked him why. He said most international students that he gives funding to don't resume because of visa rejection palava.
Mind you. 2days ago I met a nigeria professor that lectured in OAU and Osun state uni. But now in Uni of Manitoba. He came to ile-ife for xmas and we talked. He told me a lot and he said schools doesn't have anytin to do with CIC. He said he gave 2 9ja guys funding for their PHD progm but dey got rejected by CIC.....dat one nko? he also said I sud advice everyone planning to come to canada for study not to use any agent. That both 9ja agent or canada agents doesn't have any say about study visa.

My advise for you Bro is to accept any supervisor saying yes to you but not talking abt funding. When u reach their u will get grant and scholarships yapa since u be efiko.

Guy na Visa process be koko funding or no funding.

Happy new year everyone

Could that be the Professor in Human Nutritional science, University of Manitoba. His a kind man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Damienkings:
Good morning everybody please I want to know the province in Canada where I can easily get my resident permit..

Google.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
abdullahi45:
I am an admission seeker like you praying for God's favour. grin

Secondly, i have an uncle that's a very far cousin and doesn't share my surname, can he be my sponsor. If NO how can i improvise
Is it necessary i provide two different accounts with two different SOA.... ??

Bros, if you can survive 9ja education with 4.40, you can do anywhere. All you need is more dedication, determination, etc. They say the support is there. Focus on research based if you need funding/scholarship. Otherwise, course based is usually less competitive, I heard.

Anybody can be sponsor, proving the genuity is the challenge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
chimah3:

Anyone please!?

SOP is SOP. If you can get one in your field, draft one and get people to review it for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Abbeyberry2016:
close. Account of 10m he had but I need to know how to write the letter pls

Check First page of this part.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
Riddeek:
Boss i hail ooo!
To apply only to the 3 best schs in canada shocked , either your cgpa is 4.9 or you have been dieting on "liver" recently and you have grown some balls.
Either way, i wish you well.
Well wat can I say. I just want to try first and see how lucky i can get. I am only trusting God for a miracle. Its not by liver ooo or the cojones grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abbeyberry2016: 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sorry boss I can't. Find the page pls but if u can't just copy and paste it for me sir I will be glad and so much appreciate it am begging pls
Osemigho:

Check First page of this part.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.