Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910218 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
Good day house, already gathered all necessary documents for my application by next year, my only fear or concern now is the SOA and sponsorship..... Because it's lately one one the major reasons for denial.... My question are;
1 .WHAT SHOULD THE ACCOUNT LOOK LIKE, IN TERMS OF FLOW OF FUNDS AND IS THERE A PARTICULAR AMOUNT FOR CLOSING BALANCE ? You sponsor's soa will show a convincing trend that displays an ability to comfortably cater for your tuition and other living expenses without recourse to public funds. The activities a VO will look for are regular incomes (salaries or business earnings).... this gives them some confidence of continuous sponsorship.

2.CIC REQUESTS FOR AN ACCOUNT CARRYING THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR TUITION FEE PLUS 10K CAD FOR LIVING EXPENSES, ONCE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT CONTAINING THIS DO I STILL NEED TO CHECK FOR INFLOW AND OUTFLOW? IF YES WHAT SHOULD IT BE LIKE?
You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

* proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;

* proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;

* your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;

* proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;

* a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and

* proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

3.LASTLY IF I'M USING MY SISTER'S FATHER INLAW AS SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON NOT RELATING TO ME, HOW DO I CONVINCINGLY PROVE TO THE VO THAT HE WILL SPONSOR ME
* proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;

* a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; I.e. an affidavit of sponsorship.

PS:I'M USING MY DAD ACCOUNT WITH CLOSING BALANCE OF 5M AS SECONDARY ACCOUNT,

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE

cc : folaroyal, osemigho, nelly28,riddekk, justwise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tabio: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
bbwollex:
So sad but to the glory of God finally my application is refused, just saw it online. application closed
Greater things are yet to come in 2017
So sorry about that.
Did you apply online or by paper ?
When did you apply?
Upfront medicals ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
Goodevening everyone, please does university of alberta gives funding for their thesis based programs? pls is there anyone in the house that has applied there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
Good day house, already gathered all necessary documents for my application by next year, my only fear or concern now is the SOA and sponsorship..... Because it's lately one one the major reasons for denial.... My question are;
1 .WHAT SHOULD THE ACCOUNT LOOK LIKE, IN TERMS OF FLOW OF FUNDS AND IS THERE A PARTICULAR AMOUNT FOR CLOSING BALANCE ?
....Any gud earns from ur sponsor weekly, monthly or annually and dere is no particular amounts for closing balance but u most @list 've a reasonable close balance 2 b on a safe side.

2.CIC REQUESTS FOR AN ACCOUNT CARRYING THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR TUITION FEE PLUS 10K CAD FOR LIVING EXPENSES, ONCE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT CONTAINING THIS DO I STILL NEED TO CHECK FOR INFLOW AND OUTFLOW? IF YES WHAT SHOULD ........d ans of number 2 is already in 1 bro

3.LASTLY IF I'M USING MY SISTER'S FATHER INLAW AS SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON NOT RELATING TO ME, HOW DO I CONVINCINGLY PROVE TO THE VO THAT HE WILL SPONSOR ME ...dere are so many ways u can convince d vo
1..by ur sponsor puting up a very gud LOE,( hammer more on d reasons y he choose to help u ) and

2..presenting all his supporting documents( id of place of work, international pp, tax cert, hox and land deeds, share cert etc .

PS:I'M USING MY DAD ACCOUNT WITH CLOSING BALANCE OF 5M AS SECONDARY ACCOUNT, ..5m is kul, if d account has been flowing wel bro.

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE

Teddywhiz1:
Good day house, already gathered all necessary documents for my application by next year, my only fear or concern now is the SOA and sponsorship..... Because it's lately one one the major reasons for denial.... [color=#000099]My question are;
1 .WHAT SHOULD THE ACCOUNT LOOK LIKE, IN TERMS OF FLOW OF FUNDS AND IS THERE A PARTICULAR AMOUNT FOR CLOSING BALANCE ?
....Any gud earns from ur sponsor weekly, monthly or annually and dere is no particular amounts for closing balance but u most @list 've a reasonable close balance 2 b on a safe side.

2.CIC REQUESTS FOR AN ACCOUNT CARRYING THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR TUITION FEE PLUS 10K CAD FOR LIVING EXPENSES, ONCE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT CONTAINING THIS DO I STILL NEED TO CHECK FOR INFLOW AND OUTFLOW? IF YES WHAT SHOULD ........d ans of number 2 is already in 1 bro

3.LASTLY IF I'M USING MY SISTER'S FATHER INLAW AS SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON NOT RELATING TO ME, HOW DO I CONVINCINGLY PROVE TO THE VO THAT HE WILL SPONSOR ME ...dere are so many ways u can convince d vo
1..by ur sponsor puting up a very gud LOE,( hammer more on d reasons y he choose to help u ) and

2..presenting all his supporting documents( id of place of work, international pp, tax cert, hox and land deeds, share cert etc .

PS:I'M USING MY DAD ACCOUNT WITH CLOSING BALANCE OF 5M AS SECONDARY ACCOUNT, ..5m is kul, if d account has been flowing wel bro.

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE

[/color]
Teddywhiz1:

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
cuspy:

Thanks so much for this. Do you think proposed supervisors would talk about funding without admission first? I'm also trying the US and I've mailed several proposed supervisors but most of them do not respond and if they do, they usually indirectly imply that funding and admission decisions are not in their hands and they refer you to the grad cord. The grad cord on the other hand can only tell you if your profile is competitive or not, he can't guarantee you either admission or funding until the application pool is examined first. I really hope canadian supervisors would be different
i have no idea how funding goes in the US, not even the slightest idea, but canada's case is different. Supervisors fully control who to grant RA (research assistantship)/TA afterall it is from their research grants they pay the students. But for external ones like departmental funding (in some cases) /faculty scholarship/external scholarships, these are beyond the scope of supervisors and they can only provide recommendation letters.
So yes, you can (and you are even encouraged to) discuss funding the moment a supervisor is interested in you working with him, even before you apply. So you'll know your funding status asides from other bonuses like entrance scholarship, international scholarship etc.

By the way, with this your concern for funding, i don't want to say this to discourage you but i really hope your cgpa is very very strong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

Ohhh... So sorry to hear that!... This will not deter you.... will it??
But are you certain it is just travel history or with other reasons?
It's really unlikely to be just travel history... isn't?
Kindly reconfirm.
Regards

They said sometin abt me not being financially capable to cater for myself in Canada.

How do I get to check the reason behind it on their website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
skylar2020:
Goodevening everyone, please does university of alberta gives funding for their thesis based programs? pls is there anyone in the house that has applied there?

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
umofiaeng:
hi guys, pls I'm very new here. Pls can someone guide me through the application process in Concordia university or is it too late to apply now? response pls to save a brother. Thanks

Which Concordia University are you referring to? Is it the one at Edmonton or Montreal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Arrived london, ontario last night... all is well, bought a 7 dollars ice cream to get wifi at istanbul but got it free at toronto airport, canadians are willing to help once you ask.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
nelly28:

any answers yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
any answers yet?

sorry Bro I replied inside ur own message already ooh, I will try and separate my from urs now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hello all.
I applied for my study permit Dec 21st . I got accepted at Algonquin College to study diploma in practical nursing.
I graduated in 2008 with Bsc chemistry. I presently with with a Bank I joined in 2011.
I wrote a detailed letter of intent and explained ( I believe I did) the change in direction.
I used my spouse and brothers as sponsors.
I applied alongside my hubby - work permit and my 2 kids - study permit.
Hubby SOA 7M Employment letter stated annual income.
Brother A SOA 6M Fixed Dep 8M . He has a coy and also works , Employemt letter stated annual income Over 30M
Brother B SOA Gbp 6k. Employment letter stated stated annual income over 70k Gbp
Myself SOA 1.5M , 3k USD both staff accounts.Attached confirmation letter.
Is there a limit / maximum number of sponsors?
Hubby didn't write letter of intent for work permit.
Wish everyone a fulfilled 2017.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
nelly28:

sorry Bro I replied inside ur own message already ooh, I will try and separate my from urs now.
ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
emma4eva:
Arrived london, ontario last night... all is well, bought a 7 dollars ice cream to get wifi at istanbul but got it free at toronto airport, canadians are willing to help once you ask.
Thank God for journey mercies!!..
We're hitching for PoE experience... and how was the flight?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

Thank God for journey mercies!!..
We're hitching for PoE experience... and how was the flight?
Regards
boss please drop ur email or ur whatsapp digits.... U better than these evil agents sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
nelly28:

@Teddywhiz1 ..Hope you have seen my response yet?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
nelly28:

ur email address or whatsapp digits too thanks brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

@Teddywhiz1 ..Hope you have seen my response yet?
Regards
yes I have bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
boss please drop ur email or ur whatsapp digits.... U better than these evil agents sef
bayoroyal76@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Folaroyal:

bayoroyal76@gmail.com
already sent you a message
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
cuspy:

Thanks so much for this. Do you think proposed supervisors would talk about funding without admission first? I'm also trying the US and I've mailed several proposed supervisors but most of them do not respond and if they do, they usually indirectly imply that funding and admission decisions are not in their hands and they refer you to the grad cord. The grad cord on the other hand can only tell you if your profile is competitive or not, he can't guarantee you either admission or funding until the application pool is examined first. I really hope canadian supervisors would be different
I've been experiencing the exact same thing so far. Getting those faculty members to reply you positively on the issue of funding is quite difficult. I've written no less than 12 different potential supervisors for the four programs I applied for with three Canadian schools. Only a few replied me saying their labs are currently full. The larger proportion just kept mum and I don't know if they are considering my application still or aren't quite interested in me.

I think I have a pretty strong profile for d programs I applied for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
adebidemi:
Hello all.
I applied for my study permit Dec 21st . I got accepted at Algonquin College to study diploma in practical nursing.
I graduated in 2008 with Bsc chemistry. I presently with with a Bank I joined in 2011.
I wrote a detailed letter of intent and explained ( I believe I did) the change in direction.
I used my spouse and brothers as sponsors.
I applied alongside my hubby - work permit and my 2 kids - study permit.
Hubby SOA 7M Employment letter stated annual income.
Brother A SOA 6M Fixed Dep 8M . He has a coy and also works , Employemt letter stated annual income Over 30M
Brother B SOA Gbp 6k. Employment letter stated stated annual income over 70k Gbp
Myself SOA 1.5M , 3k USD both staff accounts.Attached confirmation letter.
Is there a limit / maximum number of sponsors?
Hubby didn't write letter of intent for work permit.
Wish everyone a fulfilled 2017.

Nice accounts. Hope you establish the relationship and commitment well.
I wish you the best in your app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
Teddywhiz1:

2.CIC REQUESTS FOR AN ACCOUNT CARRYING THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR TUITION FEE PLUS 10K CAD FOR LIVING EXPENSES, ONCE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT CONTAINING THIS DO I STILL NEED TO CHECK FOR INFLOW AND OUTFLOW? IF YES WHAT SHOULD IT BE LIKE?

3.LASTLY IF I'M USING MY SISTER'S FATHER INLAW AS SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON NOT RELATING TO ME, HOW DO I CONVINCINGLY PROVE TO THE VO THAT HE WILL SPONSOR ME

PS:I'M USING MY DAD ACCOUNT WITH CLOSING BALANCE OF 5M AS SECONDARY ACCOUNT,

THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE

You have best answers yet.
Check first page of this part for some links that can help.
Inflow is very important just like its sources, and outflow is as important as the balance. But whatever you have must prove that you can pay for tution and expenses in way that won't jeopardize your sponsor and sponsor's dependants.

That's the little I know. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Riddeek:
i have no idea how funding goes in the US, not even the slightest idea, but canada's case is different. Supervisors fully control who to grant RA (research assistantship)/TA afterall it is from their research grants they pay the students. But for external ones like departmental funding (in some cases) /faculty scholarship/external scholarships, these are beyond the scope of supervisors and they can only provide recommendation letters.
So yes, you can (and you are even encouraged to) discuss funding the moment a supervisor is interested in you working with him, even before you apply. So you'll know your funding status asides from other bonuses like entrance scholarship, international scholarship etc.

By the way, with this your concern for funding, i don't want to say this to discourage you but i really hope your cgpa is very very strong.
I have a cgpa above 4.5 and I'm applying for the msc thesis for same course as my UG. I'm also finding it difficult getting positive feedback from potential supervisors I've written to. It's getting me a bit apprehensive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
Osemigho:

Nice accounts. Hope you establish the relationship and commitment well.
I wish you the best in your app.
I attached my brothers birth certificates cates.They gave me sworn affidavit of support.
I also attached the PR card for my brother living in the U.K.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cuspy(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
freeradical:
I've been experiencing the exact same thing so far. Getting those faculty members to reply you positively on the issue of funding is quite difficult. I've written no less than 12 different potential supervisors for the four programs I applied for with three Canadian schools. Only a few replied me saying their labs are currently full. The larger proportion just kept mum and I don't know if they are considering my application still or aren't quite interested in me.

I think I have a pretty strong profile for d programs I applied for.

Exactly. Someone suggested I send them a gentle reminder after the first few days of silence. It worked; a significant number of them responded after the second email. Though they were mostly the usual excuse-based responses but I felt better knowing my stand. You should do that too.

By the way, what schools did you apply to and what course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
cuspy:

You have the best answer already but lemme add little.

Except for few schools, I know, most time, the admission is just for a supervisor to agree to supervise you and acceptance comes with finding. In some cases, you and your supervisor both develop a research proposal together.

For most Canadian research programs, you have the "get a Supervisor" challenge to solve. I can assure you that unlike US professors that you don't reply, most reply "no space" or best refer you to another if they like your profile or proposal. It is challenging task that you need to embrace yourself for before you start. Some are blessed and favoured with little effort but most sweat. Personally I was favoured but still ended mailing many Prof to get few "yes" and their yeses still doesn't guarantee acceptance.

Best application time for funding is between September and January. You came at the deadline period.

Feel free to ask the house more questions.

It is well. All the best bro. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
umofiaeng:
hi guys, pls I'm very new here. Pls can someone guide me through the application process in Concordia university or is it too late to apply now? response pls to save a brother. Thanks

Check the school website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cuspy(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
Riddeek:

Ok. The system is very much different from that of the US. I'd start mailing potential supervisors.

To be honest, funding is a necessity to me. My cgpa is a little above 4.5, I hope it'll do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
cuspy:

Exactly. Someone suggested I send them a gentle reminder after the first few days of silence. It worked; a significant number of them responded after the second email. Though they were mostly the usual excuse-based responses but I felt better knowing my stand. You should do that too.

By the way, what schools did you apply to and what course?
Yes I plan to send them all a soft reminder after the new year celebration. Most of them r on vacation currently.

I applied to McGill University with one application fee for 2 msc programs Biological and biomedical engineering and biochemistry. Second is university of Toronto msc biochemistry while third is UBC msc biochemistry.

What about yours?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cuspy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
Osemigho:

You have the best answer already but lemme add little.

Except for few schools, I know, most time, the admission is just for a supervisor to agree to supervise you and acceptance comes with finding. In some cases, you and your supervisor both develop a research proposal together.

For most Canadian research programs, you have the "get a Supervisor" challenge to solve. I can assure you that unlike US professors that you don't reply, most reply "no space" or best refer you to another if they like your profile or proposal. It is challenging task that you need to embrace yourself for before you start. Some are blessed and favoured with little effort but most sweat. Personally I was favoured but still ended mailing many Prof to get few "yes" and their yeses still doesn't guarantee acceptance.

Best application time for funding is between September and January. You came at the deadline period.

Feel free to ask the house more questions.

It is well. All the best bro. Shalom!

Ok. Thanks so much for this piece I'd start preparing myself for the challenge and by God's grace it'll go well.

I'm not entirely late yet. I'm planning to apply next year against Fall 2018 session. Thanks again bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
freeradical:
Yes I plan to send them all a soft reminder after the new year celebration. Most of them r on vacation currently.

I applied to McGill University with one application fee for 2 msc programs Biological and biomedical engineering and biochemistry. Second is university of Toronto msc biochemistry while third is UBC msc biochemistry.

What about yours?
Bro! Your choice of graduate school though....

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.