Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908640 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Macaulish(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:

You have the best answer already. Use GTB/Access mastercard.

Yeah.

GTBank did the Magic. Just few hours After I posted it.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2017
henrinco:
Happy New year friends!!! I pray for lots of admissions and subsequent TRV approval this 2017.
Amen! Happy New Year friends.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by israelatunwa(f): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new yeare Baba, i will like to have a private discussion with you; have sent you a mail request kindly acknowledge.

Congrates baba

Arcayo:
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online

Documents submitted
1. All cic study permit forms
2. Secondary and Post secondary credentials
3. SOA about N8m+ self sponsor
4. Reference letter from working place
5. Leave letter
6. All employment letters from 2006 (finished service sep 2005)
7. Wife's passport biodata page and birth cert
8. Children's passport bio data page and birth cert. (2 in number)
9. SOP. Stating why am going for Construction Management after holding a position of Project manager in in construction company.
10. Old passport with South Africa visa showing travel history 2008.
11. Birth certificate
12. Affidavit of correction of date of birth of my WAEC cert.
13. Receipt of $1500 deposit through reserve my seat.
14. LOA
15. WES Evaluation (serves as Transcript)

Thank you guy I really appreciate you all the I wish all TRV hopefuls success

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2017
peridott:

should i declare the food stuff in the custom's declaration form? urgent pls
nop...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2017
iamlimitless:
.... (U of T, McGill, UBC).

It is not unusual to see Canadians, Chinese and Indians with perfect undergraduate GPA (4.00/4.00 or 10/10) and published undergraduate thesis applying to this top schools, unless you have a very high GPA or published thesis in your field it will be better to look for backups.

About one of those three guns, let me share little story so far.

I use to get all African professors say "no space" to my email but when one of them(non-african) approached them on my behalf, one of them was forced to confess that he had lost hope in potential African students because, no matter how promising they may appear, they don't get accepted. they are challenged by Americans and Chinese for just about 4 international student spaces, masters and PhD included, and always not get accepted. he said he doesn't want to be heartbroken anymore. So, he can't take the offer.
His reply email was forwarded to me and I saw it with my eyes. Then, my supervisor asked if I am prepared for the worst and I replied yes that it won't be their first cos I had been rejected once. grin

The reasons I am reapplying there are because of my supervisor amazing support - she went ahead to get other professors to say yes, their rejected post mail that I still keep in my wardrobe as ginger no to give up, and I still believe in miracle (humans are there not angels). I have Uvic,Ucal as backups and still praying for favour.

So my brothers and sisters, If you are going for the super 3, have a superb proposed research, fantastic GP, and please have backup. It will end with praises.

2017 will be glorious. cool

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:
I have Uvic,Ucal as backups and still praying for favour.
smart move!
Speaking of Ucal, confirm whether you need to take the IELTS from ur grad sec. I mailed the grad sec of my dept recently and she said the dept does not recognize Nigeria as an english speaking nation and i must take IELTS or else my app won't even be attended to.
I even tried on 2 to 3 occasions to explain to her dat my whole edu had been in English, she just told me... Look this is my job, you need to take English test. Since then, i just carry mind commot from Ucal. So pls confirm from your department to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cuspy(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
kennynelcon:

if you have evidence of research, check UAlberta (Recruitment scholarship is full Funding) and UWaterloo (Willing Prof, I think./Full funding but limited)

Thanks so much. I'll check them. About evidence of research, must it be my published paper? Or if I have evidence that I worked with a lecturer as a research assistant on one of his papers relating to my area of interest, will that do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
Listen @Dreamcometrue, my concern is not with you. I am here to stop you from whatever intention you may have posting my profile online.

For clarification, you posted this on Dec 28:
CIC forms
Police Cert
Birth certificate
SOP
Letter of Acceptance
Tuition receipt - 14265CAD
BSc Certificate
SOA from sponsor - 6m
Affidavits of support
Sponsor's land documents
My land property
Employment letter
Letter of introduction
payslip
My SOA -4m
Concordia University...Masters
Passport pages of Turkish,Italy,Malaysia,Hong Kong,Dubai,Sweden,German,Hungary,France and Russian visas.

I posted mine on Nov 24.
CIC forms
Police Cert
Birth certificate
SOP - very elaborative
Letter of Acceptance
Tuition receipt - 14265CAD
BSc Certificate
ND certificate
City and Guild Certificates
9 Professional certificates from Cousera
SOA from sponsor (mum) - 9m
Affidavits of support
Sponsor's land documents
My land property- I bought two weeks before submission
Employment letter
Letter of introduction
5 months payslip
My SOA - 3m

Mind you guys I am already in Canada. I would like you to explain the details of the 14265 CAD that you presumably paid.
Again, how much is permanent code in Concordia and how do you pay it. I know you are here with cynical interests but you chose the wrong person. Au revoir

Dreamscometrue:
With all due respect,I take this as an insult.
What might have inspired this assertion?
Dupe
Please,if there is anyone on this forum that has sent me a pm and I have replied,let that person signify.
My resumption date is near and I have been busy gathering myself only for me to see this.
Please don't spoil my happiness

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
iamlimitless:
@free radical, I will advise you to apply to only one of the top tier schools (U of T, McGill, UBC).

It is not unusual to see Canadians, Chinese and Indians with perfect undergraduate GPA (4.00/4.00 or 10/10) and published undergraduate thesis applying to this top schools, unless you have a very high GPA or published thesis in your field it will be better to look for backups.

Apply to two mid tier schools (U of Alberta, Calgary, Waterloo, Western Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Dalhousie, Ottawa ).

You can check your program in each schools , availability of potential supervisor in your intended research field and the possibility of guaranteed funding to make your choice.

We all shall have a prosperous year ahead full of TRV success for the applicants, academic success for our bro/sis in CA, and blessings for all our gurus taking time in their busy schedule to give us informations.
Thanks for the advice bro. I've already started applying to Saskatchewan after some other gurus pointed out how daunting my choice schools were. It's already late for me now to withdraw my applications to those schools so I'd just sit back and hope for the best.

Luckily for me my undergraduate project was published in an international journal by my supervisor in school. Didn't even know before now. That shud also work to my favour I pray. Though I spent over 5years post NYsc in the industry which may count against me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:

I use to get all African professors say "no space" to my email but when one of them(non-african) approached them on my behalf, one of them was forced to confess that he had lost hope in potential African students because, no matter how promising they may appear, they don't get accepted. they are challenged by Americans and Chinese for just about 4 international student spaces, masters and PhD included, and always not get accepted. he said he doesn't want to be heartbroken anymore. So, he can't take the offer.
His reply email was forwarded to me and I saw it with my eyes. Then, my supervisor asked if I am prepared for the worst and I replied yes that it won't be their first cos I had been rejected once. grin

The reasons I am reapplying there are because of my supervisor amazing support - she went ahead to get other professors to say yes, their rejected post mail that I still keep in my wardrobe as ginger no to give up, and I still believe in miracle (humans are there not angels). I have Uvic,Ucal as backups and still praying for favour.

So my brothers and sisters, If you are going for the super 3, have a superb proposed research, fantastic GP, and please have backup. It will end with praises.

Afraid have catch me now. It's scary the stories coming about African students looking for international placement. Truth is these Chinese and Indians r not better than us. Our failed leaders have ensured that we can't compete with our counterparts on the global stage. I have two of my coursemates in the US doing their PhD and they told me that academically they were beating d Asians. The only problem is that our education sector can't compete with theirs.

All we are praying for is unmerited favor. It's not impossible if we believe. And I encourage others to keep applying....soon they will have no Choice but to start taking us seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
cuspy:

Thanks so much. I'll check them. About evidence of research, must it be my published paper? Or if I have evidence that I worked with a lecturer as a research assistant on one of his papers relating to my area of interest, will that do?
Published papers, projects, some YouTube clips
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorhmienerd(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hi guys, I want to apply for Humber college schorlarship for sec. school leavers by mid january.

Pls, I would be needing every neccessary information, and documents I need to get. Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

cc: justwise, freeradical, osemigho, judlice84, riddeek, kennynelcon, cuspy et al pls help a fellow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cuspy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
kennynelcon:

Published papers, projects, some YouTube clips

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
Riddeek:
smart move!
Speaking of Ucal, confirm whether you need to take the IELTS from ur grad sec. I mailed the grad sec of my dept recently and she said the dept does not recognize Nigeria as an english speaking nation and i must take IELTS or else my app won't even be attended to.
I even tried on 2 to 3 occasions to explain to her dat my whole edu had been in English, she just told me... Look this is my job, you need to take English test. Since then, i just carry mind commot from Ucal. So pls confirm from your department to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Thanks. I will have to wait till break end to confirm.
Anyway there is a way to indicate that your UG education was in English on the application page and my department say they may waive it based on that. If they don't, I will submit TOEFL 99.

It will end with praises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
freeradical:

Luckily for me my undergraduate project was published in an international journal by my supervisor in school. Didn't even know before now. That shud also work to my favour I pray. Though I spent over 5years post NYsc in the industry which may count against me.

Your UG project supervisor may have published your project, but the question is if he indicated you as the first author - most of them don't do this. Thereby claiming your project as theirs.
Your industry experience may not count against if it is in your PG field. I think you should worry less about it.
Try apply to one more apart from sas, if you can.

It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Arcayo:
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online

Documents submitted
1. All cic study permit forms
2. Secondary and Post secondary credentials
3. SOA about N8m+ self sponsor
4. Reference letter from working place
5. Leave letter
6. All employment letters from 2006 (finished service sep 2005)
7. Wife's passport biodata page and birth cert
8. Children's passport bio data page and birth cert. (2 in number)
9. SOP. Stating why am going for Construction Management after holding a position of Project manager in in construction company.
10. Old passport with South Africa visa showing travel history 2008.
11. Birth certificate
12. Affidavit of correction of date of birth of my WAEC cert.
13. Receipt of $1500 deposit through reserve my seat.
14. LOA
15. WES Evaluation (serves as Transcript)

Thank you guy I really appreciate you all the I wish all TRV hopefuls success
Please I sent an email. I would like to ask some questions please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
freeradical:
And I encourage others to keep applying....soon they will have no Choice but to start taking us seriously.

Some programs says they receive just 1 African applicant and many from China, India, etc.
Truth is many 9ja first class students don't know the international option they have aside roaming the streets for limited jobs that require connection.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
yorhmienerd:
Hi guys, I want to apply for Humber college schorlarship for sec. school leavers by mid january.

Pls, I would be needing every neccessary information, and documents I need to get. Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

cc: justwise, freeradical, osemigho, judlice84, riddeek, kennynelcon, cuspy et al pls help a fellow

No first hand info. But I believe you will get the best of it on their website. Devour it. After then, you may ask questions based your curiosity of documents required. Then, I may be of help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:

Your UG project supervisor may have published your project, but the question is if he indicated you as the first author - most of them don't do this. Thereby claiming your project as theirs.
Your industry experience may not count against if it is in your PG field. I think you should worry less about it.
Try apply to one more apart from sas, if you can.

It is well.
I Dont think It will be a problem if ones name is included as first author or not. Provided your name is there amongst the authors it shud suffice. Some of the publications of the faculty members u see on their webpage doesn't even have their names as first authors.

I'd love to apply for more schools but I Dont want to Overburden my reference providers. Having to respond to five applications is already too much for one person don't u think.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by freeradical(m): 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:

Some programs says they receive just 1 African applicant and many from China, India, etc.
Truth is many 9ja first class students don't know the international option they have aside roaming the streets for limited jobs that require connection.
Good point. My guy in US said d exact same thing. We r not as informed as those Asians.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
Riddeek:
undergrad or postgrad?
If undergrad, then the below does not apply to you.
For post grad studies, pls forget abt all these nonsense talks (sorry for the harsh word here ) abt one course having better prospects for now. Just choose the one that will make you get TRV. A lot of people are being denied daily based on course mismatch so it will be good to learn from others mistakes.

You did chem eng in undergrad? Just go for chem eng in masters
You did IT/computer science/ software eng in undergrad? Go for IT stuff.

Then when you get to canada, CIC will no longer be a problem and you can have a say in your life by changing sch and course and even program if you still wish to do so, by simply notifying them.
For now, just play safe. Play by the rules.

Now to answer your question after all my unnecessary rant, IT pays better, depending on your skills and there is just no end to IT jobs in a developed world.
well done Riddeek...very well said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
yorhmienerd:

personally, as per canadian system, this is the first time that i see the word "scholarship" used beside the word "college".
I know universities offer scholarships but i never knew colleges do so too, i felt they were just out to milk cash out of students and thats all.

But after a quick google search, i discovered i was wrong. The below link will give you all the info you need
http://www.scholars4dev.com/3482/international-undergraduate-scholarships-at-humber-college-canada/

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
Riddeek:
personally, as per canadian system, this is the first time that i see the word "scholarship" used beside the word "college".
I know universities offer scholarships but i never knew colleges do so too, i felt they were just out to milk cash out of students and thats all.

But after a quick google search, i discovered i was wrong. The below link will give you all the info you need
http://www.scholars4dev.com/3482/international-undergraduate-scholarships-at-humber-college-canada/

Hi Riddeek , please do you know how long it takes to get a Canadian Visa from Nigeria ? I mean as a tourist, Visitor Visa.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
truthsayer007:

Hi Riddeek , please do you know how long it takes to get a Canadian Visa from Nigeria ? I mean as a tourist, Visitor Visa.

Thanks.
i have no idea abt that
I think there might be a thread for that, i am not really sure but i think i saw something like that some weeks back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
DPizzy:

My Guy! How is that side treating you bro?

Very well bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adedrizzy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
truthsayer007:

Thanks.

You can check the processing time on this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
Adedrizzy:

You can check the processing time on this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Thanks, checking it out now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house, I need your advice please
I am a very young graduate from a uni in naija, I am currently doing my NYSC and like you know the passing out and receiving of NYSC certificate is by October.... The problem is that, i am trying to apply to schools for September 2017 entry and with hope, I am very likely to get admission (by God grace).. Is it not too risky? can that cause a problem with the VO if i am called for visa?
What do you advise gurus.... Or are they less concern about the NYSC palaver?

Or should i just apply for January 2018 entry?
What do you suggest Gurus?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Freezle(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Goodday house

I'm Okpolua Kome, a graduate from university of Technology AKure, Nigeria where i studied Metallurgical and Material engineering for my Bachelor degree and for my Masters i studied Metallurgical and Materials engineering at the University of Lagos, Nigeria.

Currently i'm working as an Engineer for 6years. I am interested to go for my Phd at a Canadian University and i would like to inquiry about Material engineering or Welding engineering department as i am interested to go for my Phd in same field of study

Kindly direct me on how to go about my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamlimitless: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
freeradical:
I Dont think It will be a problem if ones name is included as first author or not. Provided your name is there amongst the authors it shud suffice. Some of the publications of the faculty members u see on their webpage doesn't even have their names as first authors.

I'd love to apply for more schools but I Dont want to Overburden my reference providers. Having to respond to five applications is already too much for one person don't u think.

The job experience in your field and the published journal is a big advantage for you.

About applying to one more school, if you have the financial means. There is no harm in giving it a try, asking your referees for one more reference letter shouldn't be a problem. Try to let them understand why you need their help one more time. All the best Sir.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamlimitless: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
Osemigho:

All will be well. We have to try our best to present our applications in a way that it will stand out in the midst of several fellow applicants. Especially, if it is a thesis based graduate program (the competition for funding is fierce). So it is wise to spread the risk by applying to schools in different tiers of admission competitiveness/selectivity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
pls gurus in the house, I am in affix right now. I have a bsc and msc in petroleum geology and currently not ready for a phd. I am looking at broadening my horizon as the oil industry does not have much to offer now. I have two option before me an advance diploma in remote sensing or a masters of engineering in geomatics (specialization in remote sensing). Which do you think is my best option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.