Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911752 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by horluwahseye: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2017
teddybear20:
please is the vfs global office Accra operating today? I did my medicals on Thursday and I heard it takes 2days for them to send it back to the embassy. I wanna know if it is still possible to meet up with the admission. jan13 . UPEI

Hello friend, just got admitted to upei also, can I get the procedure for the visa processing from you pls... May 2017 admission thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2017
Eraytee:

I think i will disagree with you on that, i av a friend who's a geologist, and had msc in petroleum geology and presently at SAIT for a 2yrs pgd in petroleum engineering technology, he declared his msc and was given TRV. Every1's case is different, phd or msc is not a must, if u av a good SOP and and a tite app u'll get ur TRV.
If it's for the second masters, it's very possible and i agree with you.Like you pointed out, how you present your case is key. If one can convience the VO why a second msc and how it would be of great advancement careerwise or a possible change of interest, it could fly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 12:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Eraytee:

I think i will disagree with you on that, i av a friend who's a geologist, and had msc in petroleum geology and presently at SAIT for a 2yrs pgd in petroleum engineering technology, he declared his msc and was given TRV. Every1's case is different, phd or msc is not a must, if u av a good SOP and and a tite app u'll get ur TRV.

I had lost hope. Please can you link me up with this your friend maybe I can learn some things from him. The way the world is moving now man must not restricting himself to petroleum alone that's why I want to broadening my horizon by studying remote sensing which is still very much applicable in geology.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rapture007: 4:18am On Jan 03, 2017
I intend traveling to Canada to study Business Administration either PGD or certificate programme in a college in Vancouver or Prince george.
And my sponsor gave me a budget of about 1.5million naira
1.How is it possible to pursue the dream with the said amount judging that school fees is about 12,000 Canadian dollars on the average for the two colleges I intend applying to.
2.Is there any place I can source Canadian dollars from to avoid the madness in U.S dollar so as to save cost in paying my school fees
3.I have decided to go through agents who are good in helping people secure visa, can I actually save more and get a chance of securing the visa if i do it my self?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:44am On Jan 03, 2017
miella:

Lol. I love the last sentence. Thanks for the quick response to people's questions. May God grant us all our heart desires.

cool thanks. Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:50am On Jan 03, 2017
horluwahseye:

just got admitted to upei also, can I get the procedure for the visa processing from you pls... May 2017 admission thou

I hope it is PG if you already have UG cert.

Now, google cic student visa and follow the instructions on cic webpage.

When you get the necessary documents there and read them well, go to first page of this part for list of documents packaging styles.
May 2017 is very near. I hope you submit latest two weeks time.

Don't panic though! It is well!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2017
Rapture007:

I intend traveling to Canada to study Business Administration either PGD or certificate programme in a college in Vancouver or Prince george.
1.How is it possible to pursue the dream with the said amount judging that school fees is about 12,000 Canadian dollars on the average for the two colleges I intend applying to.
2.Is there any place I can source Canadian dollars from to avoid the madness in U.S dollar so as to save cost in paying my school fees
3.I have decided to go through agents who are good in helping people secure visa, can I actually save more and get a chance of securing the visa if i do it my self?

Sponsor gave you budget or fund?

Anyway, 1.5m is small.

1- I have no idea but I know if it is possible, it will be very challenging, considering that 1.5 can't pay fees for just one term, not to talk of your upkeep.

2- bank Form A option i guess. Try it at your bank head office, Or ask a banker to assist you and let's know what happen afterwards.

3 - Don't even think of agents. Too many fake ones and am sure you don't have the original ones' money.

Ok. I decided to check the popular NBCC, to know if your 1.5m can go far and in your choice program.
My quick findings are below:

NBCC offers PG international Business administration with current fees of about 8k cad, but a planned about 1k cad yearly increase till 2019- subject to approval by minister of blah blah blah.

I think you should check out the school. Your 1.5m will go far there. Don't know about the competition you will face sha.

But wait! What is your UG course and CGPA of your last two years of study?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abiola708(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2017
was sent an internship invitation letter from my chaplain institute in canada to come for my 3months internship program.Want to know how to apply for canada work permit with my internship invitation letter and all docments that wil be needed to back it up at the embassy with the processing time.
Its a 3month internship program starting june 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 7:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Hello house
This situation is just frustrating, ought to resume to lambton college 2nd of this month, for a 2yrs course on cyber security and computer forensics. After visa application since September 21, medical's not called in for, even sent the school a mail on the situation, maybe I can get an extension but no response yet. Why will the embassy keep advocating for people to come to there country to study and yet be this discouraging. Hope fading away gradually. Have anyone passed through situation like this before and still got a the trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2017
Danoluwa:

I had lost hope. Please can you link me up with this your friend maybe I can learn some things from him. The way the world is moving now man must not restricting himself to petroleum alone that's why I want to broadening my horizon by studying remote sensing which is still very much applicable in geology.

ok i'll get back to u, am also applying for my TRV nxt month, still gathering my documents, am a geologist too with m.sc from U.I (petroleum geology) and going for PGD at SAIT petroleum engineering technology, just same with my friend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2017
Rapture007:

In your case i would advice you to pay a yr tuition fee (thats if you can afford to do that though) so that it would lift the financial burden off ur visa application, cox without paying that and with that sum u mentioned above could generate some heats on ur application from VO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kike100: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2017
Hello my people again,

I have BSc accounting but never practised and would like to go for PGD in HR. I hear it might reduce my chances.

Please who has been in a similar situation & was granted visa? How did you handle It?

Please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2017
kike100:
Hello my people again,

I have BSc accounting but never practised and would like to go for PGD in HR. I hear it might reduce my chances.

Please who has been in a similar situation & was granted visa? How did you handle It?

Please help

my advice for u is dont apply with HR if you dont have work experience. the bolded might be true.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adelolo: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2017
Good morning all and happy new year. I am new here on this forum and I plan relocating with my husband to canada. Pls what are the procedures? We are both graduates with masters degree. Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Hello house
This situation is just frustrating, ought to resume to lambton college 2nd of this month, for a 2yrs course on cyber security and computer forensics. After visa application since September 21, medical's not called in for, even sent the school a mail on the situation, maybe I can get an extension but no response yet. Why will the embassy keep advocating for people to come to there country to study and yet be this discouraging. Hope fading away gradually. Have anyone passed through situation like this before and still got trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2017
adelolo:
Good morning all and happy new year. I am new here on this forum and I plan relocating with my husband to canada. Pls what are the procedures? We are both graduates with masters degree. Thanks and God bless you all

First of all, are you both in naija? Are you planning to study in Canada? Or u going for express entry? This thread is majorly for people planning to study in Canada. I think you should be more coincised so that the gurus can easily profer you with the needful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Good Day All and Happy New year,

Please have been gathering my documents and I want to apply online and I need your guidance

1. The bank statements and affidavit of my sponsor should I just scan and attach or I need to take it to any lawyer to notarize?.

2. I need guidance on how to compress documents to smaller size

3. Can I use my statement of result or must it be my certificate?? yet to collect certificate from my school.

4 Under my checklist I saw a place application for temporary resident visa made outside of canada IMM5257 is that necessary too? please Guru that has applied online I need your input.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
This situation is just frustrating, ought to resume to lambton college 2nd of this month, for a 2yrs course on cyber security and computer forensics. After visa application since September 21, medical's not called in for, even sent the school a mail on the situation, maybe I can get an extension but no response yet. Why will the embassy keep advocating for people to come to there country to study and yet be this discouraging. Hope fading away gradually. Have anyone passed through situation like this before and still got trv?

Bro don't get frustrated it's not d first of it kind, just defer ur admission to the next start date of your program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2017
Mattezo:

Please have been gathering my documents and I want to apply online and I need your guidance

1. The bank statements and affidavit of my sponsor should I just scan and attach or I need to take it to any lawyer to notarize?.

3. Can I use my statement of result or must it be my certificate?? yet to collect certificate from my school.

4 Under my checklist I saw a place application for temporary resident visa made outside of canada IMM5257 is that necessary too? please Guru that has applied online I need your input.

Thanks

1. It's not necessary to take it to a lawyer but if you wish its no harm.

2. Visit smallpdf.com to compress ur docs
3. U can use your statement of results.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2017
Either of this two options can help you
1 if your undergraduate course of study is HR
2 if you have good years of work experience in that field.
If not, please don't waste your time and money.
kike100:
Hello my people again,

Please help

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2017
Osemigho:

Anyway, 1.5m is small.

1- I have no idea but I know if it is possible, it will be very challenging, considering that 1.5 can't pay fees for just one term, not to talk of your upkeep.

2- bank Form A option i guess. Try it at your bank head office, Or ask a banker to assist you and let's know what happen afterwards.

3 - Don't even think of agents. Too many fake ones and am sure you don't have the original ones' money.

Ok. I decided to check the popular NBCC, to know if your 1.5m can go far and in your choice program.

NBCC offers PG international Business administration with current fees of about 8k cad, but a planned about 1k cad yearly increase till 2019- subject to approval by minister of blah blah blah.

I think you should check out the school. Your 1.5m will go far there. Don't know about the competition you will face sha.

@osemigho bro u ve said it all tanks, I will stil add or nail dis on it, d budget is way too low, he should go an look for anoda sponsor dat has a beta flow, even exchange rate has kill dat 1.5 to d broda inquest success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adelolo: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2017
Thanks for your response. Not to study.we are both naija.[b][/b]
Eraytee:

First of all, are you both in naija? Are you planning to study in Canada? Or u going for express entry? This thread is majorly for people planning to study in Canada. I think you should be more coincised so that the gurus can easily profer you with the needful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
This situation is just frustrating, ought to resume to lambton college 2nd of this month, for a 2yrs course on cyber security and computer forensics. After visa application since September 21, medical's not called in for, even sent the school a mail on the situation, maybe I can get an extension but no response yet. Why will the embassy keep advocating for people to come to there country to study and yet be this discouraging. Hope fading away gradually. Have anyone passed through situation like this before and still got a the trv?

sorry abt dat bro it will end in ur favour, but 've u tried tracking ur app thru d vfs office tracking site. success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2017
Eraytee:

1. It's not necessary to take it to a lawyer but if you wish its no harm.

2. Visit smallpdf.com to compress ur docs
3. U can use your statement of results.

Thanks bro, rili appreciate, what about the question 4?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 03, 2017
Please guys, I need information on how VIRS (Visiting International Research Student) program works. I recently contacted a potential supervisor to act as my host for a period of 1year and he has agreed to it. Is it a good avenue to gain access to Canada and will my funding application still be subjected to same treatment as a full-time graduate study? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Osemigho:

Anyway, 1.5m is small.

boss, seems u know alot abt admissions .. nid your help. sent u a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Mattezo:

Thanks
1) No need to notarize.. just scan and send
2) Go through thesoj post, u wil find details on how to compress.
3)Statement of result is fine.
4)I believ dat form is optional, leave it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2017
nelly28:

sorry abt dat bro it will end in ur favour, but 've u tried tracking ur app thru d vfs office tracking site. success
Amen Bro. I'm literally on that site everyday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
emma4eva:

1) No need to notarize.. just scan and send
2) Go through thesoj post, u wil find details on how to compress.
3)Statement of result is fine.
4)I believ dat form is optional, leave it.

Thanks bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello Guys,

A quick one am filling my application online and thisis what i saw? Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of certain skilled worker or of certain full time international student that has or will have status in Canada??

Please what is the answer to this checklist? I don't have a wife and have never been married.

Thanks as always
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
emma4eva:
boss, seems u know alot abt admissions .. nid your help. sent u a pm

Failure is the best teacher when we learn from it.

Just sharing the Little I know, since elders/gurus are likely busy currently.

I will be glad to help but know that I am an admission seeker too. Also, seems NL is having technical issues because I can't see an email from anyone, despite several notifications of pm here.

I want to believe someone is already preparing to answer next generation of questions, by reading previous parts - especially from part 7/8. If not, I plead that whoever is reading this and available should make the sacrifice. Am sad that multiple persons ask same questions over and over again. thereby making this thread voluminous.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mattezo:
Hello Guys,

A quick one am filling my application online and thisis what i saw? Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of certain skilled worker or of certain full time international student that has or will have status in Canada??

Please what is the answer to this checklist? I don't have a wife and have never been married.

Thanks as always

i guess it means; Do you have a spouse or parent who is working, schooling or has applied to do any of the two in canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.