Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910351 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
biiibi:
Hello house..lovely thread we av here,thank u all for d progress of dis page.i av an imp issue to share,last oct 2016,i submitted my doc to vfs for canadian student visa.11 days after i was sent a mail to go for my medicals ..*d agent handling my application didnt get d check d new mail he used for the application until after 40days..i felt very bad d day he told me av bin sent a mail since over 30days.when i chked wt my trackin ID,saw it ws stil under medical and following morning on d 19th dec i quickly went for it..av bin very worried abou it as d last semester on my admission letter is may..and am yet t get a response from CIC. Pls house,i nid a candid response..wil i stil b attended to based on late medicals or... Advice pls am worried
The main advise you will get at this point is to pray and wait.... Imagine, they even use their own emails... Ridiculous!!! and Sad!!!!

Another one for you and other potential applicants reading is a warning... Avoid these agents!!!!!... Its only an advise and you may choose to do otherwise.
If you have been reading or following recent trends, the havocs of agents activities are more than the good!!!!... We've had loads of issues.... My advise is ... Listen and take informed decisions.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2017
WESTERNCR:
Can anyone help me with Vfs No in Lekki pls

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2017
MunezSanti:
I was also rejected due to the same reason u found your self in....but I wasn't sent a letter to respond within 15days. I wasn't ban either. I reapplied and explain in detail that the error was completely on my part...I then got rejected again due travel history, employment prospects in country of residence, current employment situation and personal assets and financial status. The good news is I escaped the ban. I am planning to send my third application soon. Go through my profile and u will see the gcms notes of my first and second application.
Trust me... Your case wasn't serious.. hence your testimony...
And then did you use an agent?....

Responses sample to such claims as it was "an error or negligence" says 'error of commission on such important documents as (visa application forms) is least expected from an intending student of Early Childhood Education in Canada'..... What about that?!... I have samples.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2017
biiibi:
Hello house..lovely thread we av here,thank u all for d progress of dis page.i av an imp issue to share,last oct 2016,i submitted my doc to vfs for canadian student visa.11 days after i was sent a mail to go for my medicals ..*d agent handling my application didnt get d check d new mail he used for the application until after 40days..i felt very bad d day he told me av bin sent a mail since over 30days.when i chked wt my trackin ID,saw it ws stil under medical and following morning on d 19th dec i quickly went for it..av bin very worried abou it as d last semester on my admission letter is may..and am yet t get a response from CIC. Pls house,i nid a candid response..wil i stil b attended to based on late medicals or... Advice pls am worried

The above med request was supposed to be completed within 14 days from the date of this letter. but since u saw it late, jst keep praying dat d God dat keep it to dis level wil perfect his work so dat everything will end wit praises. success

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2017

Responses sample to such claims as it was "an error or negligence" says 'error of commission on such important documents as (visa application forms) is least expected from an intending student of Early Childhood Education in Canada'..... What about that?!... I have samples.
Regards.[/quote] I did not use an agent. Here is the GCMS note from my first application

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2017
I then reapplied and I got this

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2017
Note: both applications where processed in the Canadian embassy in Paris France. So guys please help me tackle this so that my third application will be a success.
I normally see on applicant's rejection letters purpose of visit and it accomplishes but mine is different no purpose of visit ticked.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2017
MunezSanti:

Regards. I did not use an agent. Here is the GCMS note from my first application
This is a case of... "God with us"
You must have been extremely lucky!!!! And thank goodness you did not use an agent.
Many have faced and are still battling several stiff sanctions as a result of this act and this also goes to affect US considerations.
Meanwhile... It may be the Nigeria factor... applicants are faced with integrity suspicions...
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
[/quote] Thanks @ Folaroyal...Please help me tackle the reason giving in my second application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hi munezsanti. I am not a lawyer but I feel your case is somehow different from wasiu's case. WASIU indicated that he was not refused USA visa whereas you left the space blank on your form. U can claim innocent misrepresentation here and hence no strict penalty. @wasiu, kindly respond to this issue with all seriousness and take it like its a big chance to prove your integrity. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
AAOL:
Hi munezsanti. I am not a lawyer but I feel your case is somehow different from wasiu's case. WASIU indicated that he was not refused USA visa whereas you left the space blank on your form. U can claim innocent misrepresentation here and hence no strict penalty. @wasiu, kindly respond to this issue with all seriousness and take it like its a big chance to prove your integrity. All the best
Our case are similar except that i did not receive a letter telling me to reply within 15 days....I answered NO on the form. What helped me is the letter of clarification i wrote
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
My advice to all applicants is to answer all the questions asked truthfully.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
Teddywhiz1:
I want to know if approval of trv is subjective to the discretion of vo... I mean if a very good account Is presented by an undergraduate student heading for an engineering course, has paid tuition fees and still has like 12 million in his account... A good travel history to the UK twice and enough home ties including parents and lands owned by parents...... Can TRV still denied based on discretionary judgement from the vo?
Yes, Approvals are totally at their discretion. You can only aid their decision with the supporting documents,quality, credibility and simplicity of your application.
A good account to you might not be one to them irrespective of the closing balance, likewise your travel histories ,lands and all. They are only going to help your case as an applicant. How you are able to link your supporting documents to your case as well as meeting their requirement is KEY.
TRV can be denied for various and ridiculous reasons.Every single details of your application is critical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
MunezSanti:
My advice to all applicants is to answer all the questions asked truthfully.

I have been brainstorming on how to help you concerning your refusal. My suggestions

1. Apply for a B.Sc. It is more credible to a VO compared to a diploma.

2. Go out and volunteer, it will help cater for your activity Gap. Ensure you give full details of all the activities. You can learn computer programming, CAD designs, etc. You must ensure all your activities are well detailed.

3. Write a stronger SOP. We can look at that together, send me a PM from next week I'm busy lately.

4. Take SAT score very high, you may get a scholarship in the U.S. with that and that will help convince the U.S. VO of your credibility.

With these, you can sort out your Canada and U.S. refusals.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
Folaroyal:

Very great!... I celebrate you because you are one of the very determined applicants who are not dismayed by initial delays!!!
All thanks to God... Many congratulations!!!.
Please request help wherever you need one and guys Will be willing.... always willing.
Regards.
Pls i need to be guided on the documents i will need at the port of entry.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Genius000:

I have been brainstorming on how to help you concerning your refusal. My suggestions

1. Apply for a B.Sc. It is more credible to a VO compared to a diploma.

2. Go out and volunteer, it will help cater for your activity Gap. Ensure you give full details of all the activities. You can learn computer programming, CAD designs, etc. You must ensure all your activities are well detailed.

3. Write a stronger SOP. We can look at that together, send me a PM from next week I'm busy lately.

4. Take SAT score very high, you may get a scholarship in the U.S. with that and that will help convince the U.S. VO of your credibility.

With these, you can sort out your Canada and U.S. refusals.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot dear I really appreciate it. For a start I have applied for Business Administration at UPEI. Also since last semester I have been studying economics at university. The reason I applied for business administration is I have been helping my father in his business since I graduated from high school in 2013.
The course I applied for during my last application was Aviation Operations I guess the reason for employment prospects in country of residence was ticked.
I wish you all the best in Canada.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello house, i have been a silent reader, i came across this wonderful thread before I applied through an agent(paper rout also linked online), i was refused yesterday after 14weeks, but am yet to receive refusal message what should be the problem? I am looking forward to reapply again, i am glad i have learn a lot here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
joeadex:
Good day fellow nairalanders, please I'm planning of traveling abroad (UK or Canada) after my services year which I'll be through with by October 2017 for my Master Degree.
I graduated with second class lower (2.62 cgpa) from Architecture.......I had already consult a traveling agent and he said I should do English proficiency test (TOEFL), that after doing the test that my Cgpa doesn't matter again but I'm going to use the score from my TOEFL to process the admission. Please I want to confirm how true is this.
I'll also like you guyz to advise me on how to go about this and with the schools with less tuition fee in this two countries. Thanks.

It is either your agent is dumb or you didn't hear him/her well. To say your GPA doesn't matter except TOEFL is the dumbest thing have heard in this race.
If you are sure that your agent said that, then, he/she must be agent of darkness and evil. Run away from such person and take your life and decisions personally.

Your CGPA matters a lot. Particularly, the GP of your last two years of study.

For now, stay away from UK except you have money and ready to come back home after studies, or want to do the highly risky and unadvisable akata runz. I wouldn't try UK if I were you.

Calculate the GP of your last two years of study and let us know. Plus you really have to be dedicated to this, cos you will be doing most yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
kingsc1:
Hello house, i have been a silent reader, i came across this wonderful thread before I applied through an agent(paper rout also linked online), i was refused yesterday after 14weeks, but am yet to receive refusal message what should be the problem? I am looking forward to reapply again, i am glad i have learn a lot here.
Since you linked your application online then check on myCIC account you will see the letter. #Nevergiveup
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Teddywhiz1:
Ok sir

Try not to quote/appreciate in words answers meant for others. To avoid confusion. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
biiibi:

Agent wahala. Just hope and pray for the best.

The bad thing is that no matter how much advise is given to stay away from agents, people wont. All the best my people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Folaroyal:

The main advise you will get at this point is to pray and wait.... Imagine, they even use their own emails... Ridiculous!!! and Sad!!!!

Another one for you and other potential applicants reading is a warning... Avoid these agents!!!!!... Its only an advise and you may choose to do otherwise.
If you have been reading or following recent trends, the havocs of agents activities are more than the good!!!!... We've had loads of issues.... My advise is ... Listen and take informed decisions.
Regards.

I wish people will heed to your advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
iamosamede55:

Pls i need to be guided on the documents i will need at the port of entry.
Thanks
Follow this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp it has all the information you will need regarding preparing for your arrival to Canada. Safe journey

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
iamosamede55:
Good morning,
I'm here to share my testimony and also give hope to TRV hopefuls.
1st Application online route June 25th 2016
Delayed August 03 2016 - insufficient funds
GCMS notes stated that they weren't sure if ny sponsor will remit and they doubted our relationship.

Second Application
Online Route 25th Sept 2016
Biometrics 26th Sept 2016

Medicals call up December. 19th 2016
Medicals done 20th December
Meeicals Passed
Passport request December 29th 2016
Passport Submitted Jan 3rd 2017
Trv Approved Jan 05 2017 and ready for collection

Documents
Cv
Police Character Report
SOP
Previous and current employment letter
Statement of Account 5m Balance transferred by sponsor
3 months pay slip
Study leave letter from employer
SOA from Sponsor 7m Balance.
SOA of Sponsor £50k international bank
Payslips of sponsor
Letter of explanation from Sponsor detailing our relationship and reason for sponsoring
Marriage certificate of my sponsor ( sister) showing her maiden name.
SOA of Co- Sponsor of 1.4m
Affidavit from Co- Sponsor promising to support me with 1m annually
All cic forms.
I applied as a Single in a common law relationship i guess that was also used as my home tie. But during my wait period i got married.
AAnd most importantly prayers
The only difference between d two set of documents was a co- sponsor, transfer of 1yr accommodation and tuition to my account and a more detailed Letter from my primary sponsor.
This platform was really helpful. From securing admission to process of deferral of admission and eventually getting my TRV. Thanks to all.
I'm going to uottawa, M.eng next wk.

Congrats. I wish to have your sponsor's letter of support.
Can I?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
I have checked mycic account yet to see refusal letter, this is what i saw in my account

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats. I wish to have your sponsor's letter of support.
Can I?
Send me an email or drop your email i'll send you the format..
Meanwhile i tracked my application on vfs website , and it says mu passport is ready for pickup. I am currently out of lagos, i will like to call them, but the number on the website doesn't connect and i get a feedback saying the number is not assigned. Has anyone experienced this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
kingsc1:
I have checked mycic account yet to see refusal letter, this is what i saw in my account
Check right below the table...you will see messages. If you still do not understand follow this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=851&top=23

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tribeD: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello all. Thank you for your very helpful contributions. @Folaroyal, I sent you an email. Can you kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
atrapon:
I come again with my question but in a modified way, I was to submit my online application two weeks ago( December 22),printed my SOA with good inflow of 52mil and outflow of 44 mil( closing balance 8.5 mil) on 19 December . But for the busy season I was unable to submit, I am set to submit but don't have much in my account..can I submit with the one printed on 19 December as it is not upto 1 month now.thanks

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
kingsc1:
It will be included in your returned document. You will find it when you collect your package.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.