Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,142 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (914325 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
poppywasiu:
@folaroyal and others please i have a big issue please help me out. i refused in US visa twice but i am not stated it in my application. see down below of what i recieved for accra, canada embassy.
On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2014 and 2015.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
Why did you omit this extremely important information? If you have a genuine explanation then give that explanation to CIC. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what anyone here can tell you. It is very important to answer questions truthfully. Sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bawss1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
nelly28:

So sorry abt dat broda, hmmmm dis is very strong ooh, u applied to U.S twice in 204/205 as what student or wat, if was it run by an agent, ur presonal details or documents u submitted for dis present Canada study app are dey d same if it can b easily corrected in ur next app bro.

I think you missed the part where it was stated that the applicant would be deemed inadmissible to Canada if found to have misrepresented facts regarding his application.

This is not a reapplication case as your comment seems to suggest, it goes farther than that. The guy is looking at an almost certain ban on applying to Canada, and by extension pretty much any first world nation, if he does not provide a tenable reason why he misrepresented himself (aka lied)

I don't think many applicants here appreciate the need to be forthright in their submissions regarding visas and the likes and that poster's case is evidence of this sad situation.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mattezo:

Hi Austinp4, kindly respond to my question... Thanks
If its the same question about what to fill in your application, i already did bro. choose college-diploma.Your admission letter will give more details to clearify the actual diploma and in you case PGD which is stated in the letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
abdullahi45:

Can you kindly advise me on schools i can apply to in USA for Master, i have a Bsc in Microbiology with a grade of more than 4.40, a toefl score of 84 but i don't intend to write GRE.... please advise on schools I can apply to. Thanks.

Schools in U.S. are kinda expensive. You writing GRE will assist you in getting funding and assistantship except you have money to fund yourself, then you can choose not to write it cos some schools don't request for it.

If you write GRE and your score is really high with this nice grade,some schools will admit you directly for PhD with full funding and monthly stipend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
iruomaz63:
#singing You made a way
When our backs were against the wall
And it looked as if it was over
You made a way
And we're standing here
Only because you made a way
You made a way
You move mountains
You cause walls to fall
With your power
You perform miracles
There is nothing that's impossible
And we're standing here
Only because you made a way
Don't know how but you did it
Made a way

One of my favorite song.

Congrats. Go and rep Nigeria well. Soar! When you get there. cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mikymiko:
Congratulations Iruoma, I am happy you made it and I also hope to meet up with my Canada dream. All I ask now is for all to remember me in their prayers. It is well. I still believe in miracle concerning my Canada visa application. My prayer is that the Canada Immigration must overturn their previous decision and approve my visa.

It is good to hear from you. Welcome!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
thesoj:

Why did you omit this extremely important information? If you have a genuine explanation then give that explanation to CIC. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what anyone here can tell you. It is very important to answer questions truthfully. Sorry.

Please, can US Visa lottery not won be regarded as visa denial?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Good Evening house, would like to know the conversion rate of US dollars to Canadian dollars. I'm having issues paying fees as I keep seeing different rates. Is there any recommended conversion I can use. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
So I'm deciding to apply to university of calgary, university of waterloo, university of western ontario, carleton university and concordia university
for masters in software engineering.
Anyone have any experience with any of the schools whose willing to share some insights should kindly message me. Thankssssss!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Spatz81: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
Spatz81:
Hello guys,

Please has anyone paid his or her tuition fee through the bank lately?, if yeah...kindly advice. I have A January 20 deadline to pay my tuition fee and I still don't know how to go about it. I paid application fee using my card and I understand it is no longer possible to pay through out Naira Card any more.

Thanks guy in anticipation of your advice/suggestion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
abdullahi45:

Can you kindly advise me on schools i can apply to in USA for Master, i have a Bsc in Microbiology with a grade of more than 4.40, a toefl score of 84 but i don't intend to write GRE.... please advise on schools I can apply to. Thanks.

Although i have started applying to Canadian schools but i wish to have a second option
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
No its different from visa denial, but you can categorically state the fact that you attempted lottery on your letter
Osemigho:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
poppywasiu:
@folaroyal and others please i have a big issue please help me out. i refused in US visa twice but i am not stated it in my application. see down below of what i recieved for accra, canada embassy.

Dear Wasiu Popoola:

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2014 and 2015.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Immigration Section | Programme d'immigration (MB)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Like it's been frequently pointed out here, Canada and the US share information regarding immigration and other security issues. Answering questions on any visa application form MUST always be done sincerely and truthfully at all times so as not to jeopardize your immigration not just to canada but any other country.
This issue is always very serious especially when it concerns a nigerian considering our antecedents in most countries of the world.
Having said these, Bro, you should try in your own best to explain why u didn't include the refusals in your application ,circumstances surrounding those refusals and how you responded to the first and second refusals. You have to be detailed about this because trust me, the may still know more about you that they didnt state in the email the sent to you.
Since you did conceal the info abt those refusals, the burden to make them believe there is absolutely nothing more you are hiding will be greater on your part. I will advise if you can, get a legal practitioner to also write to them concerning this issue. There is a question of credibility and misrepresentation already on your application. You should respond to them appropraitely and conviencingly so it doesn't generally damage your immigration history.
Try and respond to them and hopefully things will turn out well. All the best.

To other people reading this, Please let's always answer their questions sincerely and truthfully.
A previous refusal is not always a bad thing. As a matter of fact,It does more good than harm.a disclosure puts a strong credibility on the application and the VO will review other information and supporting doc from that premise.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
I want to know if approval of trv is subjective to the discretion of vo... I mean if a very good account Is presented by an undergraduate student heading for an engineering course, has paid tuition fees and still has like 12 million in his account... A good travel history to the UK twice and enough home ties including parents and lands owned by parents...... Can TRV still denied based on discretionary judgement from the vo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
yorex2011:
So I'm deciding to apply to university of calgary, university of waterloo, university of western ontario, carleton university and concordia university
Anyone have any experience with any of the schools whose willing to share some insights should kindly message me. Thankssssss!!!

Nice schools.

What's your UG course and GPA of your last two years of study?

Do the program require getting a supervisor before submitting app? If yes, have you gotten one in those schools?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by seyo99: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please gurus help me on this.... I submitted an application paper route on 27th October. Never received mail from cic or vfs so I returned to vfs office Lagos to complain. After lots of conversations I was told I didn't include my email address on my application ( which I know I did ). Vfs promised to fix the issue .... Which I was told the ratified before I left Lagos. Couldn't link my application online until December 25 (after almost 2 months). My fear if my medical was requested before I was able to link my application (dec 25) would it still reflect in my linked application? Below is what my application states.... It's 10 weeks since I submitted

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
poppywasiu:

Dear Wasiu Popoola:

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Immigration Section | Programme d'immigration (MB)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

To be sincere u are naive am sorry to say, u don't have to lie about that kind of info bearing in mind dat Canada & US share immigration info. I just don't know ao u wud respond to that, u myt get atleast 5yr ban for dat act if the issue is not properly addressed. Just get a lawyer to help u with a letter of explanation as regards d issue. I pray all goes well. Others reading shud pls learn to disclose all truthful info on ur visa form. It goes a very long way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
Osemigho:

Nice schools.

What's your UG course and GPA of your last two years of study?

Do the program require getting a supervisor before submitting app? If yes, have you gotten one in those schools?

Thank you.

Well I have a B.Eng in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, last two years gpa was 4.24/5.00..cgpa 4.28/5.00

I just want to start application, university of western ontario seem to require having a supervisor for consideration, though i'm not too certain, thats why I need more clarification from more experienced guys here who may have had some experience with the schools listed.

have 1yr+ experience in software(Web) Development hence my choice of course, many of the schools offer it as an area of specialization under Elect/Elect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
Osemigho:

Bro no need to complicate your application, you are not required to declare any visa lottery attempt so far you were never selected from the pool. Even USA only maintain the info of only those that made it to the next round of the visa lottery.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Bawss1:

I think you missed the part where it was stated that the applicant would be deemed inadmissible to Canada if found to have misrepresented facts regarding his application.

This is not a reapplication case as your comment seems to suggest, it goes farther than that. The guy is looking at an almost certain ban on applying to Canada, and by extension pretty much any first world nation, if he does not provide a tenable reason why he misrepresented himself (aka lied)

I don't think many applicants here appreciate the need to be forthright in their submissions regarding visas and the likes and that poster's case is evidence of this sad situation.

Yea broda I no wat I'm saying, not tickin dat he has been refused b4 in anoda country dey might seriously wnt to use it against his enemy, and dey might even wat to go deep on his previous details wit d US tinkin he has some hiding agender. dat was my point, so weda trv or delay, God forbid bad tin, he stand a chance to rewrite d mistake in d next app...@2 d bro inquest don't stop prayin it will end wit praises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Khloepatra3: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
hello guys, please i would like to know how important the police report is for application of my study permit, like should i do it upfront, or i should wait for them to give me a go ahead or its really not necessary at all. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by seyo99: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
Khloepatra3:
hello guys, please i would like to know how important the police report is for application of my study permit, like should i do it upfront, or i should wait for them to give me a go ahead or its really not necessary at all. thank you

I don't know of online application. But if you plan submitting via paper route it has to be upfront
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
hello guys I know it myt sound stupid ever since have bin checking my application online have never checked or seen that column action under submitted application so I always tot how ppl dey see dis stuff wey dem dey upload,I was using a smaller phone to check my account just now only to see medicals passed even tho am this girl that forgot to include d papers of my upfront medical so am wondering how twas located plus I never got any mail it's pretty confusing even the biometric I did on that very day I submitted is showing not needed at this time, so I dunno if I can get any to explain better to me, thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emakgaga: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
University of Waterloo is well respected in your field of study. A lot of tech and finance firms in Toronto put UWaterloo grads in your field on top of their hiring list. This is coming from friends who are either working with Uwaterloo grads or attended Uwaterloo. Thats all i can tell you. All the best.

yorex2011:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Teddywhiz1:
No its different from visa denial, but you can categorically state the fact that you attempted lottery on your letter

No, lottery not won has no role to play in delay, and no need of stating such in ur app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 12:06am On Jan 06, 2017
No it isn't a visa denial. Winning the lottery sef isn't a visa application, the visa application is after winning the lottery.
Osemigho:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2017
seyo99:
Please gurus help me on this.... I submitted an application paper route on 27th October. Never received mail from cic or vfs so I returned to vfs office Lagos to complain. After lots of conversations I was told I didn't include my email address on my application ( which I know I did ). Vfs promised to fix the issue .... Which I was told the ratified before I left Lagos. Couldn't link my application online until December 25 (after almost 2 months). My fear if my medical was requested before I was able to link my application (dec 25) would it still reflect in my linked application? Below is what my application states.... It's 10 weeks since I submitted
Bro, i think i can remember you and your case. I also remember i responded to your previous worry.
Anywhere, from your application dashboard, CIC hasn't requested for a medical examination from you yet. otherwise, you would see "we need your medical information" on this dashboard and if they even did during the 2 months you couldn't link your application like your are worried they may have, by now, they probably would have closed and refused your application for failing to complete a medical examination as requested. So relax and be hopefull it comes sooner. Now you have linked it online, all correspondence from them will be from this account. So keep checking it frequently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 12:38am On Jan 06, 2017
emakgaga:
University of Waterloo is well respected in your field of study. A lot of tech and finance firms in Toronto put UWaterloo grads in your field on top of their hiring list. This is coming from friends who are either working with Uwaterloo grads or attended Uwaterloo. Thats all i can tell you. All the best.

yeah... Waterloo is arguably one of the bests in the world when it comes to software but unfortunately they do not offer grad studies in software engineering, only undergrad. because wetin dem wan teach for masters wey their crazy undergrads never sabi?
The software eng is jointly offered by Electrical and Computer Engineering and computer science, he can do his masters in either ECE or CS, and for the purpose of obtaining visa, i'll advise him to remain on the ECE path.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Crownny86: 12:45am On Jan 06, 2017
Good evening house,

Pls as anyone come across ontariocolleges.ca portal where you can apply to almost all schools in Ontario at once?

I also saw that application fee of 95CAD paid on the portal can be use to apply for 5 different schools but not more than 3 different courses in each school provided they have same starting semester? Is this possible

Lastly, do schools in Ontario like Humber, Durham, Labton, Fanshawe etc compulsory submitting international assessment report from like ICAS before application is review or admission granted?

Anybody that have used this platform before or with answers to this questions pls help.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Khloepatra3: 1:49am On Jan 06, 2017
any idea how much it costs?
seyo99:

I don't know of online application. But if you plan submitting via paper route it has to be upfront
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by flames101: 1:50am On Jan 06, 2017
Hello, please who has used formA of late. I will like to know the bank, and the rate. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2017
good day all. pls I just tracked my application now and was told that my processed passport has been dispatched from Accra. pls what else can I do. should I call the vac help line

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.