Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911580 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ife25nancy: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2016
please i need to talk to someone who has experience in pdg application in canada
please anyonewith any information will be helpful thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Thaiwohuthy: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2016
Thaiwohuthy:
Can someone apply for Canadian study permit while in the USA??

Someone should please help me out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ife25nancy: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2016
ife25nancy:
please i need to talk to someone who has experience in pdg application in canada
please anyonewith any information will be helpful thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ekpekus(m): 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thaiwohuthy:

Someone should please help me out
Yes of course but you have to apply from the office covering your area which for now is Ghana since you are just in the US for visit and not a resident there.
I hope it help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
o2:

Hi Jessica. I have applied to Try already but all I have is 5million for my studied and I need like 11milliom for the two years so don't even know what to do.

Hi, are you referring to University of Canada West or another uni? Pls respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Gymme:
You should just ignore the question on the form because you do not need the LMIA no. for your SOWP.

yes you don't need Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) because you are applying for spousal open work permit (SOWP) which does not require a job offer, LMIA is for job offer in canada. Follow Gymme advice

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
thesoj:
I appreciate your (equally long) response to my long post.

From the tone of your write-up, I can see you may have perceived that I was either lecturing you or writing as though I know more than you. I don't. And I apologize if I came off that way. I just meant to give a different perspective.

While you may not agree with what I wrote (I do firmly stand by it all), I wrote it from the perspective of a longtime US resident who has watched and helped new immigrant friends integrate into the system. I also happen to be deeply familiar with Canada as well. If you think the information I gave is wrong and unhelpful, thats fine too (variety of opinion helps to tease out the best ideas), we'll let the readers judge. Btw I didn't write the info on the list primarily for you, I wrote it for other readers like slydog. If the post came off as though I was telling you what you already know, I apologize. But remember that this thread is primarily for other people to learn, the fact that you know the information doesn't mean that we shouldn't provide that information to others.

Finally, I wrote my post in order to balance what I had considered to be the pessimistic tone of your post. But then it seems you think I painted an overly rosy picture, which I didn't. I was very clear that no one is entitled to a job because of his/her MBA/PhD etc, a lot of work has to be done to compensate for the foreign degree but of course I never said anything was guaranteed. Even getting a PhD or MBA in Canada doesn't guarantee anyone a job! I have a brilliant friend with a PhD from a Top-Ten American University and he doesn't have a job and he's been looking for a year... so let's not assume that someone with foreign credentials not getting a job is solely because his/her degree was foreign. There are many variables including industry, age, language skills, networking ability, prestige of the person's foreign university, province in Canada, luck, field of study... etc.

Please reread your first post to slydog and you will see that you didn't provide any advice for him/her. All I felt you did was paint an all-out negative picture without balancing it with helpful information.

Once again, apologies if you feel I offended you or sounded like I know more than I do. I dey humble my guy! grin

No..I don't feel offended..we are here to learn and hopefully others learn from it. You are talking from the perspective of an American(God's own country) while I am talking from that of a Canadian..jokingly called the 51st or 52nd American state...lol.

I dont know how things work in the US even though i have helped a few Nigerians immigrants from there settle in canada by providing networks and links to professionals in their fields, but if rules and standards of doing things vary a across provinces in Canada, then US would be completely different from Canada. The US economy is huge. There are thousands and thousands of jobs when compared to Canada which is country of just 35million with an highly educated populace. E.g i was shocked when i immigrated here on how tough it was to break their market. Funny enough, The biggest bank in canada looks like a microfinance bank (asset and operating capital wise compared) when compared to some big banks in the UK. Canadian biggest engineering consulting firms are UK owned. Our oil indunstry runs on equipments from caterpillar and GE (bloody americans)...lol. The cars are mostly American and Japanese...,so nost times, the few jobs here requires candidates to be top notch+canadian qualification. If you notice...most if not all the immigrants in my post above have somethings in common to getting a good job in canada (including slydog's sister-in-law).

- They all returned to canadian schools to get a certificate, diploma or degree. With the exception of those in regulated professions who had to write licensing exams (test by fire)...lol.
Some regulatory/licensing bodies in some province even made it mandatory to return to a uni for 6-8 months program as part of their evaluation procedures. They dont care if you are the medical director of your general hospital in chicago or you have a phd from havard in medicine...lol

Hence my reason for saying canadians have provincial and national pride. We believe canadian qualifications are the best for canada and our provincial schools are the best for our provinces.

This has worked for several thousands and it is still working. This is not to say some few extremely lucky ones won't get a gig just some few weeks after arrival by using your post above. From my experience in canada, getting some sort of approval or endorsement from a canadian school or regulatory organization works magic. This is why international students are often classified as the best crop of immigrants to canada. The canadian education gives them lots of advantage over other classes of immigrant and your points above have been wired into their brains so many times by their faculty at school.

@michv..nobody washes dead body abroad ooo..atleast in the UK or Canada... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
shinarambo1:

@michv..nobody washes dead body abroad ooo..atleast in the UK or Canada... grin
bro i said U.S and it was years back before he took his family..bro understand me na.no come make mockery of me.i no get strength for this style of debate as i am resting in peace from my refusal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
bro i said U.S and it was years back before he took his family..bro understand me na.no come make mockery of me.i no get strength for this style of debate as i am resting in peace from my refusal.

I don laugh fall for ground. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
haha..this guy be comedian ooo....resting in peace ke grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Churkie:

I don laugh fall for ground. grin grin
i never get TRV dem come dey talk white collar job join,nna bro the thing dey scatter my brain.@thesoj and @shinarambo1 posts no gree me ready finish..sef grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mannimakerjnr: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Was delayed today after 8weeks. Applied online.
My advice to those from West Africa. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE. These guys are going to refuse youno matter what.

Take paper route.

Was delayed due to Insufficient funds after I have showed more than 100,000usd in ma uncles and mom's accnt. Too sad. But am gonna refire via Paper.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Please do not discourage people from applying online.
I know a lot of my friends that applied online the same time I applied and they all got approved.

mannimakerjnr:
My advice to those from West Africa. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE. These guys are going to refuse youno matter what.

Take paper route.

Was delayed due to Insufficient funds after I have showed more than 100,000usd in ma uncles and mom's accnt. Too sad. But am gonna refire via Paper.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jj17cv(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
@mannimakerjnr
Online or paper route both are good i see this is your second app did you request for you Gcms file befor you refired
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mannimakerjnr: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
jj17cv:
@mannimakerjnr
Online or paper route both are good i see this is your second app did you request for you Gcms file befor you refired

I didn't. I just increased the funds in the account after my first refusal. It was refused due to insufficient funds. And again, insufficient funds.

This is not good at all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by NonelikeGod: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
You can finish in 4 semesters. You'll pay tuition for every semester you spend... minimum of 3 cos they need to make money from you.
Avalon316:

Hello ma, I understand that you school at the university of Ottawa. Their Meng program seem to be for 6 semesters,can I do my courses within 3 or 4 semesters? Is this possible?

On their website,they have their tuition to be about 8000 dollars,is this per semester or per year?

Cc khalesi
Ikem01

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

Take paper route.

Hello Bros, sorry for the delay, can you let the house know what you applied for, and the documents you submitted in order to offer useful suggestions. There is no problem beyond remedy. Pls do not be discouraged. I know it is painful. Pls share and let us be of assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by miie: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Gd evening to u all...pls am a new member and i want to ask few questions my uncle just got denied reason is cs of economic recession and he has paid schl fees and even deferred his admission from jun to Sept..... wen can he reapply again and also can he defer his admission again till next year.... pls i need urgent ans he is so depressed ryt nw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

Take paper route.

sorry bro. I understand your refusal pain which might have ignited your post. Meanwhile since it is insufficient funds,i think you should know what the VO says about your sponsors and their SOAccts
via requesting for ur case file. the 2 consecutive delays on insufficient funds signify that your application is good but you need to work on your funds.As for insufficient funds to some PGCs this Fall2016,na just excuse
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
Gd evening to u all...pls am a new member and i want to ask few questions my uncle just got denied reason is cs of economic recession and he has paid schl fees and even deferred his admission from jun to Sept..... wen can he reapply again and also can he defer his admission again till next year.... pls i need urgent ans he is so depressed ryt nw.
you have not appeared clear about the case at hand.what are the reasons stated on his refusal letter?and what was his intended program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
I'm not exactly sure what your disagreement is. In any case, I don't think there's anything about my advice that sounds outrageous.

You seem to want to hold firm to the idea that all is bad and horrible for foreign degree holders who plan to come to look for a job in Canada. I happen to not fully agree with you on this. (Of course I agree that it is a disadvantage, but not an insurmountable one, you seem to want to paint it as insurmountable which I will never agree with).

Also the fact that you live in Canada doesn't mean any different opinions by other people are automatically wrong. Nah. Your residence in Canada doesn't mean people with opinions different from yours are wrong. Sorry. Don't forget that you have your own blindspots influenced by the province you live in, your profession, etc. Before my sister moved to Canada, she had a friend in Canada who sounded just like you which discouraged her from moving to Canada. Now that she's in Canada she is glad she ultimately disregarded her friend's pessimistic opinion. I'm afraid to say that as a reader I don't see why you are harping on how things are bad for foreign degree holders (or people with degrees from other provinces) as though it were unsalvageable. While I am far from being a blind optimist, I like to see problems from the perspective of how they can be solved. Your posts don't do this.

Most of your complaints about Canada also happen to apply to the US as well, but you offhand dismiss the usefulness of my post because you think you know so much about Canada for me to have an accurate opinion. Ok. Fair enough.

While the US economy is much larger than Canada's, don't forget that there are ten times more people in the US competing for the best jobs. The fact that the US has a much bigger economy doesn't mean that it is wayy easier for an immigrant with foreign credentials to get a good job there than it is in Canada. Anyways, this is not my point. All of your examples about retaking regulatory exams (e.g. for doctors, pharmacists, etc) in Canada also apply in the same way in the US. US employers are very narcissistic and nationalistic, but you think only Canada has this issue hence I have no clue what I'm talking about. Lol. Anyways bro, do your thing.

Since you know so much about Canada and you have dismissed my views repeatedly, then it would be beneficial if you expended some effort regaling us all with all the unique info about Canada that posters like me are supposedly clueless about.
shinarambo1:

...You are talking from the perspective of an American(God's own country) while I am talking from that of a Canadian..jokingly called the 51st or 52nd American state...lol....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by miie: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
michV:
you have not appeared clear about the case at hand.what are the reasons stated on his refusal letter?and what was his intended program?
he wanted to go and study M.Sc ACCOUNTING...... Reasons given is simply because of Nigeria s economic recession and that they dont wnt to accept anybody from Nigeria for now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ymc007(f): 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
thanks @Gymme, Tarry and Pearlejiro, really appreciate your replies. please what CIC website can i send an email too regarding my deferment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
he wanted to go and study M.Sc ACCOUNTING...... Reasons given is simply because of Nigeria s economic recession and that they dont wnt to accept anybody from Nigeria for now
OMGush!!! grin are you sure it was Canadian study permit he applied for or was it another country? Please tell your uncle to tell you the truth by physically providing you the refusal letter to see for yourself. Don't make that statement above to where enlightened people are, they might laugh at your though it isn't your fault cos you relied on what your uncle said.that statement can't be refusal reasons

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
She said cos of economic recession na grin

michV:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
Wow, please can you upload a copy of this refusal letter? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
Wow, please can you upload a copy of this refusal letter? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:

Hearing this for the first time. This cannot be a reason for refusal...maybe insufficient funds or something on his part but definitely not 'economic recession'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rproxy88(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
Just got a
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rproxy88(m): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
Just got a mail from Accra informing me the statement I submitted is fake and have been given fifteen days for representation my sister is my sponsor please house I need your advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
miie:
Don't understand you. Which country and what is your own? You posted this in Aussie page, now Canada page. Please Guys, she said that the admission was deferred from june to september, please is there any University or College in Canada that defer admission from june to Sept?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.