Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,369 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162796 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2021
Morris101686:
Good afternoon gent, please my Dell laptop mouse pad stop functioning all of a sudden what might be the issues. And what remedy can solve the problem.

Try and update the driver in device manager or better still uninstall the old one and restart your laptop.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Yinksdavid(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2021
Mallamai:
Good morning guys my HP core i3 just went off like that and wouldn't turn on again tried everything, event removing my battery and plugging it directly it didn't even show it was charging, changed the charger the same thing. It wasn't coming on

Suspecting OS related issue. Can you reach out to me as I would like to see the screenshots of the issue so i can provide a probable fix.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Suspecting OS related issue. Can you reach out to me as I would like to see the screenshots of the issue so i can provide a probable fix.

Laptop is not coming up at all just showing charging light, it has nothing to do with operating system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seankafor(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2021
udemzyudex:

Laptop is not coming up at all just showing charging light, it has nothing to do with operating system.
as concerning my earlier post on my hp 840 g1 not recognising my phone drive and Bluetooth not coming up..

I updated to windows 11 today and it fixed the phone file transfer issue

But Bluetooth refuses to turn on.. seems the laptop doesn't have the Bluetooth software licence or it came without Bluetooth..

I'll have to buy a Bluetooth USB external if that's the case..

By the way windows 11 looks fluid and sexy wink
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Yinksdavid(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2021
udemzyudex:

Bro, i got it better now but actually plugging in your charger to your laptop and showing the charging light but not charging is a peculiar issue with windows 10 OS although in this case, the work station can't be powered up.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Bro, i got it better now but actually plugging in your charger to your laptop and showing the charging light but not charging is a peculiar issue with windows 10 OS although in this case, the work station can't be powered up.

Exactly.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Yinksdavid(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2021
seankafor:
as concerning my earlier post on my hp 840 g1 not recognising my phone drive and Bluetooth not coming up..

But Bluetooth refuses to turn on.. seems the laptop doesn't have the Bluetooth software license or it came without Bluetooth..

Yeah you are right, Windows 11 OS is so fluid and the new design and sounds are modern, fresh, clean and beautiful, bringing you a sense of calm and ease but the release date is 5th of Oct, 2021 although the free upgrade to Windows 11 has been rolled out to eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 have started becoming available for purchase . I am currently using the private preview version for 3 weeks now but still studying on likely issues to be experienced and troubleshooting steps in fixing them.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2021
seankafor:

But Bluetooth refuses to turn on.. seems the laptop doesn't have the Bluetooth software licence or it came without Bluetooth..

In some cases, it is always turn off in bios settings, you can check it out or probably the Bluetooth adapter is bad you can replace it but for the main time the external Bluetooth adapter will work.

Well Windows 11 looks like toy to me, I'm still stuck with Windows 7 grin

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seankafor(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
udemzyudex:

In some cases, it is always turn off in bios settings, you can check it out or probably the Bluetooth adapter is bad you can replace it but for the main time the external Bluetooth adapter will work.

how do I access my bios settings and it keeps asking me password everytime I want to access it..

What password do I put and how can I know my bios password
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seankafor(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Yeah you are right, Windows 11 OS is so fluid and the new design and sounds are modern, fresh, clean and beautiful, bringing you a sense of calm and ease but the release date is 5th of Oct, 2021 although the free upgrade to Windows 11 has been rolled out to eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 have started becoming available for purchase . I am currently using the private preview version for 3 weeks now but still studying on likely issues to be experienced and troubleshooting steps in fixing them.
am using the tpm bypassed and pre activated version
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
seankafor:
how do I access my bios settings and it keeps asking me password everytime I want to access it..

What password do I put and how can I know my bios password

Hmmm, it's a UK/US laptop, the seller didn't remove it before selling, now to access it you will have to pay to get it removed.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Morris101686(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Thanks. I used another method by pressing the function keys fn +
udemzyudex:

Try and update the driver in device manager or better still uninstall the old one and restart your laptop.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Morris101686(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please how can I install Bluetooth on window 7. Try downloading the Bluetooth drivers but all went futile.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by optm(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Gurus in the house i need help for my laptop. It appears as though i do not have control over the mouse pointer using the touch pad . The pointer drags, sometimes freezes and on a few occasions, i observed it was moving without being operated . Lately, i tried reducing the data consuption through some self help videos on youtube. I also downlowded some apps from the microsoft playstore . Someone please help me on how to fix it . I use windows 10 .
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by wucanfixumiA7pr: 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hey guys what laptop spec/configuration do you think is suitable for windows 11 ,will 4gb ram be ok without it crashing
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Yinksdavid(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
wucanfixumiA7pr:
Hey guys what laptop spec/configuration do you think is suitable for windows 11 ,will 4gb ram be ok without it crashing

The below will guide you on all specs and requirements for windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
udemzyudex:

windows 7 and xp the best of ever

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by xamiel4(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Glory4ever(m): 12:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Good day Engineers in the house.

Please there's a laptop (HP Windows 10 pro) that belongs to my church which I have access to. Recently, I just noticed that the laptop switches off by itself at 65% battery level. Sometimes above 65% battery level.

My greatest concern is that can a laptop battery start misbehaving without prior notice cos this depreciation is too sudden to me. In fact, I can't use without it being plugged to a power source now.

Meanwhile, the laptop still charges to 100% when connected to a power source and sometimes it doesn't charge at all.

I just need a solution.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Glory4ever:
Good day Engineers in the house.

Please there's a laptop (HP Windows 10 pro) that belongs to my church which I have access to. Recently, I just noticed that the laptop switches off by itself at 65% battery level. Sometimes above 65% battery level.

My greatest concern is that can a laptop battery start misbehaving without prior notice cos this depreciation is too sudden to me. In fact, I can't use without it being plugged to a power source now.

Meanwhile, the laptop still charges to 100% when connected to a power source and sometimes it doesn't charge at all.

I just need a solution.
i think the battery is bad. if the battery has gone bad, hp will give you a replace battery warning while booting the system or it might just be a related power plan settings on that lapptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Glory4ever(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hi
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Glory4ever(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
Adewale1603:
i think the battery is bad. if the battery has gone bad, hp will give you a replace battery warning while booting the system or it might just be a related power plan settings on that lapptop

Thanks my brother but HP didn't give me any "replace battery" warning o. What about the power plan setting you mentioned?

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Morris101686(m): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
The system can be worrisome, I went to make use setting and make some challenges it start functioning.

Thank you bro.
udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Saucekiddo99(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
My Laptop's screen backlight is acting up.
When the laptop's charger is plugged in, everything functions perfectly, but when I unplug it, and the battery depletes to below 90%, the screen starts to flicker. The more the battery depletes, the more intense the flickering.
When the battery goes down to about 70% or below, the screen's backlight shuts off entirely, with random light-ups at unpredictable intervals.
The screen still displays things if you peep really closely or shine an external light on the screen.
It is an Asus F555Y.
I will appreciate your inputs. TIA.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by andyjwe(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2021
Hello Engineer

The enter button of my Dell Laptop is no longer responding. This happened after a popup update on the system.

Please what do I do?
Thanks for your response.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Remove the battery and insert it back, you can try to Uninstall the battery driver and restart your laptop.

Hello, same thing happened to my PC, and after I reinsert it back, the battery doesn't last long anymore, the battery dies 20mins after full charge.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
My PC battery fell from it's battery socket, and I reinsert it back, but ever since then the battery doesn't last more than 20mins after full charge.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
Cutestboy:

Hello, same thing happened to my PC, and after I reinsert it back, the battery doesn't last long anymore, the battery dies 20mins after full charge.

Battery needs replacement.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
Cutestboy:
My PC battery fell from it's battery socket, and I reinsert it back, but ever since then the battery doesn't last more than 20mins after full charge.
battery needs calibration
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Adewale1603:
battery needs calibration

I'm Suspecting some cells are damage and calibration will not help but he can try it though.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Emm33: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please how can I press the "@" on dell laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by owoflow247: 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Thanks for this opportunity, guys my laptop now displays white blank, kindly help on what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.