Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162486 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by scarycuteface(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:

it depends on the type of RAM your system is using . Is it DDR1 , DDR2 or DDR3 ? is it PCR or PC3L?

All thee affects prices. Broadly, 4 gigabytes shouldnt be more than 6k.
Thanks but how do I know the type of RAM it is?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
scarycuteface:
Thanks but how do I know the type of RAM it is?
just tell me the brand and model of your system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:

One of many ways to solve the problem of a slow computer is to defragment your hard drive. if you are using a window 7 OS, just click on the start menu and type "defrag". Within the control panel menu, click on "defragment your hard drive". Click on "analyze" in the menu that pops up. After the system has finished analyzing your hard drive for fragmented portion, click on "defragment disk". if you are using a windows 8 OS, type "defrag" on the command prompt. You can can download a more efficient defrag tool called "Auslogics dik defrag".

Also to make your system faster, you can remove the aero effect which requires more run time to display. Right click on your desktop and click on "personalise", scroll down and then choose the windows 7 basic theme.

Also,you can also upgrade your RAM. Running multiple programs simultaneously on your system with little memory space(RAM), will slow down your computer. Consider increasing your RAM size
Please when I performed d defragment, my hard drive reduced by 70gb. How do I correct it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
okooloyun1:
Please when I performed d defragment, my hard drive reduced by 70gb. How do I correct it?
That is not possible. Defragmentation frees space and correct bad sectors on your drive.
if you notice the size of your hard drive has reduced, then that drive maybe having issues. Try and back up your files and do a format before it crashes with your files stuck in it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:
That is not possible. Defragmentation frees space and correct bad sectors on your drive.
if you notice the size of your hard drive has reduced, then that drive maybe having issues. Try and back up your files and do a format before it crashes with your files stuck in it.
Thanks, i have backed all my files on external hard drive, how do I format it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
okooloyun1:
Thanks, how do I format it
you have to back up you files first. You are going to do a re-install and drive if you format your system. if you don't understand what this means, then contact an engineer.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:39am On Oct 15, 2016
okooloyun1:
Thanks, i have backed all my files on external hard drive, how do I format it?

Since you have back up your files , do the following to repair and format your drive.

Open a DOS command window with administrative privilege. Type the following commands and after each line press enter.
Diskpart
List disk
select disk x ( x stands for the number of your hard drive, make sure you know the number of your hard drive before selecting it)
clean
Create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=ntfs quick
assign
exit

Remember you should type enter after each command.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by scarycuteface(m): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2016
sotall:
just tell me the brand and model of your system.
HP 2000
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:47am On Oct 15, 2016
scarycuteface:
HP 2000
Your system uses a DDR3 memory .
You can get the normal 4gb for 4-5k
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
Happy weekend guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Happy Sunday guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gosj01(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2016
When I switch on laptop, nothing is working and it switch itself off within 8seconds ....

What could be wrong?

hp 5102
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Gosj01:
When I switch on laptop, nothing is working and it switch itself off within 8seconds ....

What could be wrong?

hp 5102
what brand and model is your system?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello pls come to my aid.

I just got a laptop from a friend recently and it just displaying something like a ash smoke on the screen tilln i switch it off and on it again it does same thing
All power indicators and wifi lights are on even the dvd rw can eject out.
hp pavilion dv9000
entertainment
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gosj01(m): 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
sotall:
what brand and model is your system?

Hp mini 5102
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Gosj01:

Hp mini 5102
what happened before the system started having this issue?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
Gosj01:

Hp mini 5102
what happened before the system started having this issue?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
ikayForReal:
Hello pls come to my aid.

I just got a laptop from a friend recently and it just displaying something like a ash smoke on the screen tilln i switch it off and on it again it does same thing
All power indicators and wifi lights are on even the dvd rw can eject out.
hp pavilion dv9000
entertainment
From what you have explained, I guess your screen shows background/white when you put it on. It doesn't show characterl/letters.
Then the problem is from either the screen or the board. A hardware engineer will solve this issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
sotall:
From what you have explained, I guess your screen shows background/white when you put it on. It doesn't show characterl/letters.
Then the problem is from either the screen or the board. A hardware engineer will solve this issue.

Yeah u got it all right... How do i get a good hardware engineer, how much do you think it would cost?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:41am On Oct 18, 2016
ikayForReal:

Yeah u got it all right... How do i get a good hardware engineer, how much do you think it would cost?
it depends on the engineer and location. if you are in Lagos , you can whstsapp or call on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:20am On Oct 18, 2016
Morning guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by willjoe: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2016
Please o, how can i increase dedicated video memory from zero
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
sotall:
it depends on the engineer and location. if you are in Lagos , you can whstsapp or call on 08164685979.

Yeah am in Lagos.... am also on whatsapp 09036102326... I called you but got no response.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sayyid(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
please where can i download antivirus for my laptop? thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ElPhenomenal(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
Watzup sotall, my laptop developed a fault for some weeks now, wen plugged in, it says charging buh ba3 wont get pass 0percent,even if i charge it for 24hrs, literally Its like a tv now. I'm using an hp laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
ElPhenomenal:
Watzup sotall, my laptop developed a fault for some weeks now, wen plugged in, it says charging buh ba3 wont get pass 0percent,even if i charge it for 24hrs, literally Its like a tv now. I'm using an hp laptop
First things first, try another battery and another charger. If it doesn't work. Your motherboard needs to be checked.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
sayyid:
please where can i download antivirus for my laptop?
thanks in advance
I usually recommend that my clients get a premium account as far as antivirus for their laptop is concerned. You can get kapersky for 6k which is the best I recommend.

if you still want to go for free ones, go for malware antimalwarebytes. also AVG free antivirus is cool. A quick Google check will take you to the home page of the manufacturers of these apps.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sayyid(m): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2016
sotall:
I usually recommend that my clients get a premium account as far as antivirus for their laptop is concerned. You can get kapersky for 6k which is the best I recommend.

if you still want to go for free ones, go for malware antimalwarebytes. also AVG free antivirus is cool. A quick Google check will take you to the home page of the manufacturers of these apps.
thanks bro
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by willjoe: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello computer gurus, PLS how can i increase my Dedicated Video Memory DVM from 0mb on Hp355. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by harkhinz: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good day. The Administrator account of my Pc is very slow, I've tried all I could but it will not just work. This problem does not affect my main acc. But its own problem has to the with start menu, search/cortana which is not working. How can I fix this. I'm using window 10.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by harkhinz: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good day. The Administrator account of my Pc is very slow, I've tried all I could but it will not just work. This problem does not affect my main acc. But its own problem has to the with start menu, search/cortana which is not working. How can I fix this. I'm using window 10.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.