Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus (3390 Views)

Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
Jesus being God is ominipotent and ominiscient...

Well have you ever thought about how bizarre the crucifixion story is?
Imagine the all-powerful, all- knowing creator of the universe sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven. He looks down onto earth and says to himself: Those evil humans down on earth. I hate what they are doing. All this sin... Since I am all-knowing I know exactly what the humans are doing and I understand exactly why they commit each sin. Since I created the humans in my own image and personally programmed human nature into their brains, I am the direct author of all of this sin. The instant I created them I knew exactly what would happen with every single human being right down to the nanosecond level for all eternity. If I didn't like how it was going to turn out, I could have simply changed them when I created them. And since I am perfect, I know exactly what I am doing. But ignore all that. I hate all these people doing exactly what I perfectly designed them to do and knew they would do from the moment I created them.
I HATE IT! I tried killing all the humans and animals once in the flood. That certainly did not fix the problem. So here's what I am going to do. I will artificially inseminate a virgin. She will give birth to an incarnated version of me. The humans will eventually crucify and kill the incarnated me. That, finally, will make me happy.
Yes, sending myself down and having the humans crucify me -- that will satisfy me. I feel much better now.
It makes no sense, does it? Why would an all- knowing being need to have humans kill himself (Jesus is God, after all) to make himself happy?
Especially since it is a perfect God who set the whole thing in motion exactly the way he wanted it?

The whole story of the crucifixion is absurd from top to bottom if you actually stop to think about it. Jesus clearly knew that he is God. In John 14:8.. Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father.
" So it makes you wonder about Jesus' famous lamenation in
Matthew 27:46: About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Since Jesus is God, what he really must have meant is: "Myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?"
seriously does this make any sense?

Cc :4kings felixomor jman05 valentinemary
hopefullandlord sirwere ifenes realmindz johnydon22 cloudgoddess hahn oglalasioux

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by oglalasioux(m): 7:16am On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

Imagine the all-powerful, all- knowing creator of the universe sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven. He looks down onto earth and says to himself: Those evil humans down on earth. I hate what they are doing. All this sin... Since I am all-knowing I know exactly what the humans are doing and I understand exactly why they commit each sin. Since I created the humans in my own image and personally programmed human nature into their brains, I am the direct author of all of this sin. The instant I created them I knew exactly what would happen with every single human being right down to the nanosecond level for all eternity. If I didn't like how it was going to turn out, I could have simply changed them when I created them. And since I am perfect, I know exactly what I am doing. But ignore all that. I hate all these people doing exactly what I perfectly designed them to do and knew they would do from the moment I created them.
I HATE IT! I tried killing all the humans and animals once in the flood. That certainly did not fix the problem. So here's what I am going to do. I will artificially inseminate a virgin. She will give birth to an incarnated version of me. The humans will eventually crucify and kill the incarnated me. That, finally, will make me happy.
Yes, sending myself down and having the humans crucify me -- that will satisfy me. I feel much better now.
It makes no sense, does it? Why would an all- knowing being need to have humans kill himself (Jesus is God, after all) to make himself happy?
Especially since it is a perfect God who set the whole thing in motion exactly the way he wanted it?

The whole story of the crucifixion is absurd from top to bottom if you actually stop to think about it. Jesus clearly knew that he is God. In John 14:8.. Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father.
Matthew 27:46: About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Since Jesus is God, what he really must have meant is: "Myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?"

hopefullandlord sirwere ifenes realmindz johnydon22 cloudgoddess hahn oglalasioux

The black man will never question that. He'll rather raise a sword to defend thousands of years old fable that doesn't in any way fit into the intellect of the 21st century man. Unfortunately it is only the black man that is left clutching this fast decaying idea of a god dying to pacify himself for his own incompetence (if such god even exist).

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by ValentineMary(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2016
The story on it's own is very funny. God ordained all things right? and he also planed for himself to be killed right? then invariably those who killed Jesus acted not out of free will but because God ordained it so. They could not have done otherwise, so why would God punish them for something he caused seems someone is playing chess here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by agwom(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2016
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by ifenes(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2016
The role of the black man on the planet seems to be to worship others. They do it very well don't they?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by ifenes(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2016
agwom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GdbFupCdo

One day you will praises for eternity, what a mentality.

2 Likes

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2016
ifenes:
The role of the black man on the planet seems to be to worship others. They do it very well don't they?
close to perfection..

2 Likes

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by DeSepiero(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
The first paragraph of the op says it all.
...sadly a lot of humans are mentally lazy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

1. The redemption plan was already in place right from the foundation of the world as the bible said. You sre looking at these events of life as an after thought for God. Its not.
2. God is eternal and all knowing. Everything that is unfolding from him is an eternal plan which has been in him and being made manifest as he pleases. Bible report is given to us in a way human will understand the reason why God made whatever he made or allowed to happen but not that as event unfolds he now looks for a solution. These things are in his eternal/infinite knowledge but revealed to man in a way his finite knowledge will understand.
3. Everything that God allowed to happen from creation is for a purpose. Believe me the whole purpose of creation is God's interest and glory first. Our interest comes second and there is nothing wrong about it. You cant expect God to create this world with your interest placed above his. If am building something or creating something for myself, my first interest will be to please myself. Infact my interest is the motivating factor that propelled me into creating that thing.
It is a hard truth we have to face- God's first priority of creation is not to please what he has created.

4. Let me correct you that Jesus is not God rather he is one with God(unity). There are several places he made this clear in the bible. Even the one he told Philip which you quoted, he was simply reiterating what he has been telling them that he and his father are one. Its all about unity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

As witnesses, we do ask those in the churches these same questions. It isn't plausible to predestine someone and make them responsible for their actions. In fact this defeats the principle of free will.

Gods has the ability to know, but His omniscience isn't total, but inherent. I think you saw me discuss it with kingebukasblog on the other thread? If you clearly understand my position, you will know the conclusion that's plausible.

Again, Jesus is not the same as Jehovah, neither are they equal in power and age, but they have the same purpose. They are united in purpose. As such, Jesus was crying to his Father, the one superior to him (Jesus). This trinity teaching isn't scriptural. They keep misrepresenting Christ and his Father.

It is because of this that I created a thread for any who wish to get the perspective of Jehovah's witnesses on his/her questions. https://www.nairaland.com/3316955/why-not-get-perspective-jehovahs#48907902

1 Like

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

Do you guys ever get bored of saying stupid things ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by theoneJabulani(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
Very funny
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
JMAN05:

As witnesses, we do ask those in the churches these same questions. It isn't plausible to predestine someone and make them responsible for their actions. In fact this defeats the principle of free will.

Gods has the ability to know, but His omniscience isn't total, but inherent. I think you saw me discuss it with kingebukasblog on the other thread? If you clearly understand my position, you will know the conclusion that's plausible.

Again, Jesus is not the same as Jehovah, neither are they equal in power and age, but they have the same purpose. They are united in purpose. As such, Jesus was crying to his Father, the one superior to him (Jesus). This trinity teaching isn't scriptural. They keep misrepresenting Christ and his Father.

It is because of this that I created a thread for any who wish to get the perspective of Jehovah's witnesses on his/her questions. https://www.nairaland.com/3316955/why-not-get-perspective-jehovahs#48907902

What are you trying to say at the bolded? Are you saying that God had no foreknowledge that Lucifer will fall? He had no foreknowledge that man will fall?
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ok, thanks for sharing is all I can say.
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
honourhim:

What are you trying to say at the bolded? Are you saying that God had no foreknowledge that Lucifer will fall? He had no foreknowledge that man will fall?

Yap, He evidently didn't use His foreknowledge on those persons, and it is not even essential since He was creating those whom He wants to use their freewill to serve Him.
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
JMAN05:

Yap, He evidently didn't use His foreknowledge on those persons, and it is not even essential since He was creating those whom He wants to use their freewill to serve Him.

From the bolded, the word "freewill" clearly shows he was aware that the people he was going to create can either choose to serve him or reject him. This clearly contradict your statement that he didnt find it essential to have foreknowledge of the fall of man.
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by malvisguy212: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

This is one of the most silly post I've ever read on nairaland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you guys ever get bored of saying stupid things ?
lol...we dont get bored of saying the truth.. Truth is bitter..you know?

2 Likes

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
malvisguy212:
because thats how silly the crucifixion story is

2 Likes

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol...we dont get bored of saying the truth..
Truth is bitter..you know?

**holds laff

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol...we dont get bored of saying the truth..
Truth is bitter..you know?

Your OP smacks of crass ignorance and ignorance can never be classified as truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

Yea you truly sounded silly as your submission does not reflect the truth about crucifixion. The whole thing boils down to ignorance on your own part. Making mockery of what you dont understand translates to making a mockery of yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by felixomor: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
malvisguy212:

Azzin eh
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
honourhim:

From the bolded, the word "freewill" clearly shows he was aware that the people he was going to create can either choose to serve him or reject him. This clearly contradict your statement that he didnt find it essential to have foreknowledge of the fall of man.

You just have not said anything. He created them with freewill and He knows they are going to use the freewill, is that a foreknowledge? He already created them so, there is nothing in the future to know about it. They are already made that way.

That man will chose to rebel is because of the freewill they have. That's there choice. But during creation, God didn't peer to know which choice they are going to make. Besides, no one had evidently done things against His direction before.
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by hopefulLandlord: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jesus was a jewish carpenter who was the deluded bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was lied to by his mother that God impregnated her and who ended up believing it and allowing himself to be crucified only to realize his folly on the cross then crying out to his imaginary father in heaven asking why he has forsaken him.
This same man is called the lion of the tribe of judah while he was even weaker than a sheep, he goes around making statement like he is the king of the jews and even telling the priests that he will pull down their temples and rebuild it in 3 days and when asked to do that claimed that he isnt talking about the temple but his body.

But romans no de carry last them beat nonsense commot for him body and his apostle stole his body and claimed he rose up on the 3rd day and went to heaven and na only the see am, even the mother did not see him self

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by honourhim: 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
JMAN05:

You just have not said anything. He created them with freewill and He knows they are going to use the freewill, is that a foreknowledge? He already created them so, there is nothing in the future to know about it. They are already made that way.

That man will chose to rebel is because of the freewill they have. That's there choice. But during creation, God didn't peer to know which choice they are going to make. Besides, no one had evidently done things against His direction before.

Young man you are just trying to play with the word- freewill. You mean God created them with freewill to choose from nothing or what? If i created you with freewill to choose between evil and good, i dont need a soothsayer to tell me that there is the possibility of you choosing evil. If you say God didnt see any possibility of man doing evil then it means there is no freewill. How free is the so called freewill? There is no absolute freedom anywhere.

The bible records that God said- Jacob have i loved and Esau have i hated. This happened when they were not yet born and have not started making use of your so called freewill, God declared his hatred for Esau yet you want to paint a picture for me that God has no power to look into someone's future to know what he will choose.

Its also written in the bible that God hardened the heart of Pharoah. Does this support your freewill message?

Jesus was referred in the bible as the lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. Which means the redemption plan for man was put into place when God was forming the world. Forget that your freewill stuff bro. You dont need to defend your church teaching here. By the way the condition given to man in the bible does not depict absolute freedom and does not qualify to be called freewill. If there was absolute freedom, the choice would have been beyond two( the narrow way and the broad way). I know you are trying hard to defend your church teaching but it doesnt work here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by malvisguy212: 5:09am On Aug 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

Alright. No need to correct you, any christian read this thread will understand how confuse you are, Are you sure you are a christian before you became an atheist ? Or you never went to sunday school class ? Do you know why I like thread like this ? It make the christians understand that atheists misunderstood God plan of salvation. I mean what you wrote up there EXPOSE the ignorance of atheists. You interpret matthew 27:46 by saying jesus cried to himself " myself myself ?" Lolll. Alright.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 5:39am On Aug 30, 2016
honourhim:

Yea you truly sounded silly as your submission does not reflect the truth about crucifixion. The whole thing boils down to ignorance on your own part. Making mockery of what you dont understand translates to making a mockery of yourself.
what else could be the truth of crucifixion?
I gave you guys the simpliest truth
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 5:41am On Aug 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
Alright. No need to correct you, any christian read this thread will understand how confuse you are, Are you sure you are a christian before you became an atheist ? Or you never went to sunday school class ? Do you know why I like thread like this ? It make the christians understand that atheists misunderstood God plan of salvation. I mean what you wrote up there EXPOSE the ignorance of atheists. You interpret matthew 27:46 by saying jesus cried to himself " myself myself ?" Lolll. Alright.
is jesus not god?...or was he joking when he claimed to be god?

gods plan...
And then condemn the tools he used to hell..nice
just like judas...
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2016
JMAN05:

jesus clearly said he was god..
So in essence...u mean judas and pharaoh are in heaven? Or wah?
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by raphieMontella: 6:00am On Aug 30, 2016
honourhim:

1. The redemption plan was already in place right from the foundation of the world as the bible said. You sre looking at these events of life as an after thought for God. Its not.
so he just came to deceive humans and blame humans,,and condemn his predestined killers to hell although this had already planned out before creating earth

2. God is eternal and all knowing. Everything that is unfolding from him is an eternal plan which has been in him and being made manifest as he pleases. Bible report is given to us in a way human will understand the reason why God made whatever he made or allowed to happen but not that as event unfolds he now looks for a solution. These things are in his eternal/infinite knowledge but revealed to man in a way his finite knowledge will understand.
so if all is god's plan...then freewill is killed...
It also means everything,,including man made disasters etc...also it means he predestined all...
Whats also the essence of prayer??

3. Everything that God allowed to happen from creation is for a purpose. Believe me the whole purpose of creation is God's interest and glory first. Our interest comes second and there is nothing wrong about it. You cant expect God to create this world with your interest placed above his. If am building something or creating something for myself, my first interest will be to please myself. Infact my interest is the motivating factor that propelled me into creating that thing.
It is a hard truth we have to face- God's first priority of creation is not to please what he has created.
wow..we humans are characters in his movie which he made...
??

4. Let me correct you that Jesus is not God rather he is one with God(unity). There are several places he made this clear in the bible. Even the one he told Philip which you quoted, he was simply reiterating what he has been telling them that he and his father are one. Its all about unity.

john 10:30
..two humans make up parents..
One alone can still be called a parent right?
So jesus was still god..or
when he was earth he was not god?
Re: The Bizzare Crucifixion Of Jesus by malvisguy212: 6:38am On Aug 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

is jesus not god?...or was he joking when he claimed to be god?

gods plan...
And then condemn the tools he used to hell..nice
just like judas...
Who incarnate in jesus the man ? When jesus walk with His disciples on Earth, who was in heaven ? This topic is way bigger than your imagination, your knowledge cannot comprehend it. It is better you stick with the issue, if God exist or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why It's Wrong For Christians To Eat Sallah Food / Too Programmed To Be An Accident / Please, What Are We Christians Saved From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.