Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312034 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2011
Dellman and Bountimore, Congrats to you guys
On the funny side, if your anxieties were measurable in say, watts, you guys would supply power to the whole of Nigeria
reading your posts, I even started to feel anxious,lol
Congratulations once again

justwise, please dont mind my asking but whats your story? did u attend a uk uni? where? what program?
thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Skii:

Dellman and Bountimore, Congrats to you guys
On the funny side, if your anxieties were measurable in say, watts, you guys would supply power to the whole of Nigeria
reading your posts, I even started to feel anxious,lol
Congratulations once again

justwise, please dont mind my asking but whats your story? did u attend a uk uni? where? what program?
thanks.

My story is a long one. . . yup i attended UK uni. . .1st degree in the north, (Business & E-com ) and[b] F[/b]orensic [b]I[/b]nformation [b]T[/b]echnology for my Msc.

That is the short story, long one will take ages to write grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
@justwise, I can just imagine how long it will be smiley
your Msc though begs the next questions,[s]are you now back in naija and what are you doing with forensic information technology[/s] but I will kept it since this is thread for uk student visa and not a justwise expose grin grin grin

thanks for your time wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Skii:

@justwise, I can just imagine how long it will be smiley
your Msc though begs the next questions,[s]are you now back in naija and what are you doing with forensic information technology[/s] but I will kept it since this is thread for uk student visa and not a justwise expose grin grin grin

thanks for your time wink
grin grin grin not bk in 9ja yet but will do that sooner or later.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ skiii, brother i no fit laff wen i see ur post o, lol, me n bountimore have all reason to be anxious, we are humans ,our application too d longest and we both had mistakes wit our application, in my case ,i use the old application form, what made the anxiety get higher was when we saw post of guys that applied after us saying they have collected their visa, i thought mine was jinxed by the underworld at a point in tym, lol, we thank God for making it positive at last anyway cos it wud av been a sad case if it went the other way,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by codedest: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
@justwise I greet you! please do I need to carry out a transaction on my account before I print? and if yes, on what day? I ask this cos everyone seems to be carrying out transactions on the 27th or 28th day and I'm not sure what the essence is. I opened my account on 28 July and made a deposit on 24 August. I'm going to apply on Thursday (1 Sept). Do I need to make a transaction on the account before I print on Thursday? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
codedest:

@justwise I greet you! please do I need to carry out a transaction on my account before I print? and if yes, on what day? I ask this cos everyone seems to be carrying out transactions on the 27th or 28th day and I'm not sure what the essence is. I opened my account on 28 July and made a deposit on 24 August. I'm going to apply on Thursday (1 Sept). Do I need to make a transaction on the account before I print on Thursday? Thanks.

24 of August to 1 Sept is less than 28days required. How are u going to do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by codedest: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
@justwise the account was opened on 28 July. 24 August is when I made a transaction (deposit). I already had more than the required amount in the account before I made the deposit. Just wanna know if I'm good to apply on 1 September without carrying out any further transaction. Also is day 1 of the 28-day period the day the account was opened? (28 July in my case) Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
codedest:

@justwise the account was opened on 28 July. 24 August is when I made a transaction (deposit). I already had more than the required amount in the account before I made the deposit. Just wanna know if I'm good to apply on 1 September without carrying out any further transaction. Also is day 1 of the 28-day period the day the account was opened? (28 July in my case) Thanks.

If the bank statement print -out shows the start-date and the end-date (the day the bank statement was printed) then u don't need to carry out any transaction, if not then make little transaction a day after the 28days count then print it out. That transaction will serve as end-date of that account.

28 July to 25 of August is ur 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2011
@mailphiny if u truly have a court document naming your bro as your legal guardian. I think you can use his account statement. U should also get a letter from him that will confirm your relationship with him and will also gv u permission to use his funds to study in UK. Just curious, how did you get the document for legal guardianship, is it an affidavit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2011
@Alaki, I don't think account statement in your brother's name will be accepted. It is clearly stated on the UKBA website that the account should be in your name or in your parents' name especially for those less than 18yrs with documents showing evidence of the relationship. If your brother will really make the money available for your use, why not tell him to transfer it to your account or include you as a joint owner with a covering note, to be on the safe side.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2011
@ssi they also mentioned that u can use the account statement of your legal guardian provided you have a court statement to prove. And since he said he has such a document. I think its alright so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2011
gbaby87:

All I said is not to take the people here for granted, is all I said. Anyway I'll stop

Who told u i was taking him for granted. I was just in a hurry n blieve me i appreciate every advise he gives in dis forum.

And all i'm telling u is to mind your business because u have to understand how someone feels wen ones visa is refused n  tym is not on your side.

i understand all wat u were trying 2 say but u shld neva have said it sucks 4 me cos dat shows ow heartless u r.

shekanah.

I've got no beef wit anybody,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
Also, I don't think anyone who has a legal guardian document in this forum has been refused a visa before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
@Alaki, ok. If there is a document testifying to that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mailphiny: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2011
@alaki and ssi thanx guys really do appreciate. @alaki i intend using an affidavit i already have a letter from him. @ssi how do i go about d joint account tin? so i can have options incase
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ mailphiny, you can use either options. your gaurdians account with birth certificate and legal documents to prove relationship, or a joint account if you are named as one of the account holders.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2011
Please who has flown emirates to the *UK*? I hear they only allow one piece of luggage and only 30kg!! That can't be right?! Is it?!! I really want to go via dubai but 30kg is like, !!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:56am On Aug 31, 2011
gbaby87:

Please who has flown emirates to the *UK*? I hear they only allow one piece of luggage and only 30kg!! That can't be right?! Is it?!! I really want to go via dubai but 30kg is like, !!!

Bros, what kind of Israeli journey do you want to do like this? Any particular reason why you want to fly through Dubai?
From Lagos to Dubai is almost 8 hours and also almost 8 hours from Dubai to London, why not take a straight flight from Lagos (Arik, Virgin Atlantic or BA) or if you must go through another country why not use KLM or Air France. Abeg all these Israeli waka is not necessary, it's just a lot of stress.

Btw, Emirates allows just 30kg from Lagos to London.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 1:11am On Aug 31, 2011
EmmaIK:

Please i need help.
i just ccollected my uk refusal letter.

ECO comment
PBS guidance states that you are required to show that you have held sufficient funds for your first year tuition fees and maintenance costs. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent’s bank account or in an international bank account for a minimum period of 28days. The end of which must not be more than one month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements. Your remaining tuition fees are GBP13200 and your remaining maintenance is GBP 5400. Total GBP18600. As evidence you submitted statements of ………, clinic and maternity. Whilst you may have access to these funds in the company bank account, this account is not evidence of your personal funds and you have not provided evidence that this company operates in more than one country. Therefore it’s not acceptable. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved the required 10 points. And therefore refuse your visa application.

Please what do I do since I want to apply again?

What do i do?
in the refusal letter my CAS i scored 30 points.

EmmaIK:

@boy. Thanks.
I submitted the letter but still got refused.
is it because it was a coporate account?
is there anything i can supply like tax clearance? because my dad is the sole signatory to the account?
God bless.

Boy619:

@emmy, dont use your fathers company account they will refuse u again, account must b in your fathers name ,and thus,even if your fathers signatory it doesnt matter.

@Boy, the best thing to do at this point in time is to either get your dad to transfer money from this corporate account to his own personal account and give you all necessary documents, or he transfers the money into your own account. As long as you still turn up with statements from that corporate account whether your father is the sole signatory or not, you will be refused.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeolu116: 2:12am On Aug 31, 2011
Hey guyz,you guys are really doing a great job i must confess.just discovered this forum.I need your help pls.i am about to pay my fees but i need to be sure about the whole maintenance thingy.my plan is to use a legal guardian who is going to present a statement of account and letter of sponsorship.the person has a very good job and working in an international coy,would that be a good idea?I need your candid advice before i go for the payment.God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2011
Yeah I know, but its not like I'm in any particular hurry to get to london. Arik is NOT an option! Plus emirates is FAR cheaper than VA or BA, and dubai is ALWAYS fun to go to. But yh the 30kg is my nemesis (airfrance will make me sit at the airport till my legs grow roots! At least dubai I can enter)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 11:52am On Aug 31, 2011
gbaby87:

Yeah I know, but its not like I'm in any particular hurry to get to london. Arik is NOT an option! Plus emirates is FAR cheaper than VA or BA, and dubai is ALWAYS fun to go to. But yh the 30kg is my nemesis (airfrance will make me sit at the airport till my legs grow roots! At least dubai I can enter)

Well the choice is yours to make, but know that you can't leave the airport in Dubai unless you have a transit visa( a transit visa at the airport costs €40 last I checked), because the security would let you out of the airport when you don't have a transit visa, have you actually compared the prices of these airlines at all? Emirates is one of the most expensive.

Cheers[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amykelly: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hi all, pls i want to help my sister inlaw in her masters application. She has a B.A in English language.
Does she need to take the test of English? I went to the the uk border website and i must say i am confused undecided undecided Pls what catergory and level is a masters programme?? is it NQF/QCF level 6 (SCQF 9). My sister inlaw intends to apply for the january start date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by puyol001: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
@justwise and everyone. Can someone help me, has anyone used the legal guardian option before and it worked? Pls I need your answer on this, I want to know if the BHC recognizes legal guardianship in a Nigerian context. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
I can get a 96hr wateva frm emirates, and yes I compared ALL(that I don't mind flying)Qatar, iberia and Arik is NOT an option, and trust me, emirates was cheaper(oneway), I'll hv to pre-pack before I book sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ssii: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
@gabby89, what do you mean air france making you sit in the airport till your leg grows roots. I have already booked with them and the interval between the arrival in Paris and take off to the UK is an hour plus, except you are booked into a later flight. Besides, the last time i travelled with them there was n't much delay between landing and take off of the next flight to UK . Or have you had any unpleasant experience with them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Puyol I am yet to read such (according to previous posts). Unless if other people outside this forum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
Sorry, mixed that up , its the one that goes to madrid (iberia) I think, and I think KLM also has a long wait inberween. Short waits are also discouraged o, cos if there's a delay from lagos, you're more likely to miss your flight. I wouldn't say I've heard any especially bad reviews on airfrance,but I've heard ONLY good things of emirates. How much luggage does airfrance allow you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeolu116: 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
please who has used the whole legal guardian process before?or knows the requirements or proceedure.i need the info,any info please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeolu116: 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
maybe you guys should check british airways or something.its pretty cheap and direct.they are running 200$ for 3months.check it out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pinkasso: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hello guys,

i just want to add something based on my exprience, for those planning to use a bank statement from their legal guardian, i think it a 10% chance, i used it and was denied even with an affidavit from the court, i think they are expecting the student to bring a court document showing, e.g. adoption, my friend even used a notorised copy and was still denied, i spoke with a lawyer that told me that since i was over 18 it would be difficult, i spoke with another lawyer that adviced me to use an affidavit but i was still denied.

I think the court document has to do with some documentation, dont allow this guys to add your submission fee to the CROWN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.