Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,596 members, 7,854,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312697 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Ayobami303:

How about the sponsor can anybody sponsor and can i sponsor myself?

Only a family member can sponsor you, ur mum.dady. brother and sister, uncle. Those that shares the same family name with you.

If you want to sponsor urself then good but u need to show where u got ur money from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ayobami303: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2010
Good thanks for that and what other country and can you tell me to study please i need your advice,Also what if my siter is married and share different surname and ready to sponsor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Ayobami303:

Good thanks for that and what other country and can you tell me to study please i need your advice,Also what if my siter is married and share different surname and ready to sponsor

Since ur sister doesn't share the same family name with u, it will be hard for her to sponsor you.

Chose any english speaking country, though UK,USA,CANADA(some part speaks french) are all english speaking country but its expensive to study in those countries.
Depend on ur pocket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by agoba1: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2010
hello , pls does anyone have any idea what time vac opens and closes on friday? i mean tomorrow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2010
@agoba 1,

please which of the student visa form are u filling because am a bit confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
@agoba 1,

please which of the student visa form did u filling because am a bit confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2010
HELLO HOUSE,I HAVE ISSUE WHICH I NOTICED TODAY,MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT STATE MY NAMES AS:FOLARIN , ,ADEGOKE,WASIU WHILE MY BANK STATEMENT CARRY ,WASIU,ADEGOKE,FOLARIN, PLS CLARIFY THIS FOR ME,

SURNAME ;FOLARIN
MIDDLE NAME;ADEGOKE
LAST NAME;WASIU
PLS,IS THIS NT GOING TO AFFECT ME?because AM SUBMITTING NEXT WEEK, REPLY PLS,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
house members kindly reply my question, tanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2010
saddor:

house members kindly reply my question, tanks

Somebody asked the same question in page23 of this thread. Read it and see if it helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2010
pls,reply my own pls.i understand my names more than any body, that is why u will use my own names to answer me pls justwise, still waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
saddor:

pls,reply my own pls.i understand my names more than any body, that is why u will use my own names to answer me pls justwise, still waiting

As long as the surname, middle and first name in both documents are placed where it supposed to be then there is no problem.

For example: In ur passport where it says surname, there should be FOLARIN and where it says surname in bank statement, there should be FOLARIN as well, the same goes to middle name and first name. It doesn't matter which one comes first.

In some forms it starts with first name, middle name then surname, some start with surename, middle then first name. As long as the surename is written where it says surename in both documents then there is no prob, same goes to middle and first name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 12:10am On Jun 25, 2010
tanks for the warm reply, u no in statement of account they don't write surname in box and the rest of the names bt u no as u explain it is true that that the names arrangement vary in forms, nw wht i mean nw is is it adviseable for me to change it as it in my passport?i mean to go to the bank, u no the bhc are very sensitive in there decision, wht do u tink?tanks reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2010
saddor:

tanks for the warm reply, u no in statement of account they don't write surname in box and the rest of the names bt u no as u explain it is true that that the names arrangement vary in forms, nw wht i mean nw is is it adviseable for me to change it as it in my passport?i mean to go to the bank, u no the bhc are very sensitive in there decision, wht do u tink?tanks reply

Yes you can do that, take your passport to the bank and explain to them why the change is very important, i'm sure they will reason with you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2010
please reply my question please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:02am On Jun 25, 2010
kentro201:

please i need your advise , please do you know how the uk documents requirements for stuents are been assessed?

How do you my assessed? You mean how they check if the documents are original?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
yes, cos i have my visa letter with cas number and the money his in my account for like 3weeks now waiting to complete 28days, and i have neco cert, and my notification of results from ibadan, poly, but someone said i need to also add my sponsors share certificate or land cert?, which i cant get, please how do my documents get accessed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
kentro201:

yes, cos i have my visa letter with cas number and the money his in my account for like 3weeks now waiting to complete 28days, and i have neco cert, and my notification of results from ibadan, poly, but someone said i need to also add my sponsors share certificate or land cert?, which i cant get, please how do my documents get accessed?

I thought we discused this b4 here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=462565.msg6215353#msg6215353.

Whoever is sponsoring you need to give you a letter and a proof of his/her source of income. If the money is urs then show the BHC ur source of income. Your sponsor can give you things like: His payslip, bank statement showing how his money comes in and out. If he is a businessman then tax certificate is a prove. Whatever document you submit, the BHC will check with the authority concerned to know if its fake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
but the money was given to me and i deposited it in my account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
kentro201:

but the money was given to me and i deposited it in my account

Well, i don't know what else to tell you. You can go ahead and apply you maybe one of the lucky ones.
If you given a visa then good, if not, then you know why you were refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2010
i really appreciate your concern and advise, but just want to know maybe i should apply or not since i dont have any proof of income ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
@kentro,what justwise is trying to tell you is to get the bank statements,tax clearance or the pay slips of the person that deposited the money in to your account or better still gave you the money.This is to convince them at the Embassy that the person giving you the money has a stable income or a reliable source of income.Thats all.it doesn't matter if he has huge amount in his/her account.What they want to see is the inflow of money in the account.Take care
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2010
lad1000:

@kentro,what justwise is trying to tell you is to get the bank statements,tax clearance or the pay slips of the person that deposited the money in to your account or better still gave you the money.This is to convince them at the Embassy that the person giving you the money has a stable income or a reliable source of income.Thats all.it doesn't matter if he has huge amount in his/her account.What they want to see is the inflow of money in the account.Take care

Well said.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ejub: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
Hello house. My father put the money for my tuition and maintenance in his gtb ac for over 2months but 20 days before I submitted my visa application, he moved the money to fixed deposit on the same account. The money has already matured and am awaiting my visa verdict. I don't know if this will affect it? Pls could you pls answer this 4 me. Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
To the best of my understanding,it's like uk accepts fixed deposit account.Since you fixed the money via the same account you used i think you are good to go.Justwise will shed more light on it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2010
lad1000:

To the best of my understanding,it's like uk accepts fixed deposit account.Since you fixed the money via the same account you used i think you are good to go.Justwise will shed more light on it.

You are right, the movement of the cash will show on the bank statement, so it will not be much of a prob as long as the money is not less than the required amount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2010
hello justwise & co,i went to the bank today to complained on the arrangement of my names bt,they said is there form which u have explained, and am well assure that there is going to be changings as i wish,

secondly,may i don't under some of ur post well on money matter, hope i dont need to show anything again apart for my dad sporsor ref letter, because am reading some sayin something on tax hw the person makes his money, reply on this please, tanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ejub: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
@lad1000 and @justwise. Thanx a lot, Really appreciate it!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
pls i really need ur reply tanx guyz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2010
saddor:

hello justwise & co,i went to the bank today to complained on the arrangement of my names bt,they said is there form which u have explained, and am well assure that there is going to be changings as i wish,
secondly,may i don't under some of your post well on money matter, hope i dont need to show anything again apart for my dad sporsor ref letter, because am reading some sayin something on tax hw the person makes his money, reply on this please, tanks
Giving you letter is not enough, like i have being trying to explain and lad1000 did that as well, your sponsor need to show that he or her has reliable source of income to sponsor you.

Many students borrow money and pay into their account and when the visa is issued they return the money and travel to the UK empty handed hoping to work and pay fees or rent, its tough, many foreign students are sleeping rough here, there is no job, no money to pay fees and rent.
British govt has stopped giving student visa to some countries cos of the issue of pple borrowing money for visa reasons and coming here with the hope of surviving on part-time job.
That is why your sponsor need to prove to BHC that he or her has a strong source of income to see you through ur studying time here. They know that you don't work and the money in ur account is not urs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2010
so apart from the ref letter wht did i need again?pls u can list them for me,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2010
saddor:

so apart from the ref letter wht did i need again?pls u can list them for me,

The documents have been listed over and over again in the thread, bank statement, payslip, tax certificate. . . etc, depend on what ur sponsor does for a living.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by screamer10: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
i would like to know if i can enter the uk earlier than the one month stated for the general student visa. i plan to enter the uk about 2 months before the start of my course. if i can't do that with the student visa, can i apply for a visitors visa to enable me enter the uk?

urgent reply needed.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.