Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,948 members, 7,845,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312487 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
screamer10:

i would like to know if i can enter the uk earlier than the one month stated for the general student visa. i plan to enter the uk about 2 months before the start of my course. if i can't do that with the student visa, can i apply for a visitors visa to enable me enter the uk?
urgent reply needed.
thanks

You are going to get urself in trouble, how can you have 2 different visas from the same country in ur passport? If you want to enter 2months earlier then you really have to explain to the immigration officer what you will be doing in the UK b4 ur course starts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
HAPPY WEEKEND JUSTWISE & CO,DO U MEAN I WILL NEED TO PRESENT MY PERSONAL STATEMENT WHICH I HAVE THE MONEY AND MY DAD STATEMENT AS WELL?PLS,REPLY,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
please,am still waiting for ur reply,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2010
@ Saddor Your question has been answered here before.You can add his statement with yours,plus tax clearance certificate or his pay slips.This is just to show that he has a stable source of income.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lakavana: 12:32am On Jun 28, 2010
Do I need to include copy of my transcript and police report in my documents to submit for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2010
lakavana:

Do I need to include copy of my transcript and police report in my documents to submit for visa application?

If that transcript was used when you applied for the course then yes include it but you don't need police report ONLY if the BHC specifically asked for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lakavana: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2010
@Justwise,

Yes I used it during my application for the course. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ justwise, i've read nearly all the trail of mail on this subject and i must say KUDOS to you simple and concise response. I have a question to ask, my brother is filing an student application soon for advanced diploma course in LONDON SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, he has paid his school fees fully but the sponsor (UNCLE bearing the same name) will be responsible for travel, accomodation & maintainace fees for the 1 academic year. The bone of contention now borders on the statement of account of the sponsor which happens to be a company's account (though a sole proprietorship) he claimed he hardly operate his personal account. his monthly inflow from business is in the range of N2M - N3M. He has asked the bank to do a letter IRO his account and also promised to accompany the application with a well detailed sponsor letter. From your own wealth of experience, I'll want to ask for your own view of it. Will the application sail through without any hitch? I yes, pls confirm, if no, u may please state the issues and advise accordingly.

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hello good day, please i am making an application soonest , but the person sponsoring me does not bear the name or surname with me, Please i would like to know the list of documents he needs to give me after the dposited money in my account, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by DisGuy: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2010
I wonder where Ell77 is ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
@Asks The Company account would not be accepted.The best thing to do is to tell your uncle to transfer the required maintenance fee to your brother's savings account.Remember that the money must be in his account for 28 days untouched before applying for the visa.The Statement of account must be the applicants personal account,parents or Uncle whom they share the same family name(surname).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ kentro201 Hello good day, please i am making an application soonest , but the person sponsoring me does not bear the name or surname with me, Please i would like to know the list of documents he needs to give me after the dposited money in my account, thanks.

Tell him to give you his personal statement of account,tax clearance certificate or pay slips.These is just to show that he has a stable and reliable source of income.The question has been answered earlier.You can go through the thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kentro201: 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2010
thanks @ lad1000, but the sponsor doesnt bear the name or surname with me , please i just want to get the right answer before i proceed, do i need to indicate him as my uncle or just sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ LAD1000, thanks for your response. the uncle in question shares the same surname with my brother. i believe the application should sail thru cos he has ordered the bank to send a mail on his behalf to confirm that he only operate that account for personal purposes & business transactions. he's one of the good customer they have in the branch with good monthly t/over in his account

Justwise--- i still await your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
@lakavana: it seems my situation is like yours. Also used my transcript in applying too. We could exchange ideas. My email- ade.seye@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
Aks:

@ LAD1000, thanks for your response. the uncle in question shares the same surname with my brother. i believe the application should sail thru cos he has ordered the bank to send a mail on his behalf to confirm that he only operate that account for personal purposes & business transactions. he's one of the good customer they have in the branch with good monthly t/over in his account

Justwise--- i still await your response

Sorry i just saw this post now. lad1000 gave you a good response, companys account is for the company's business, like lad1000 rightly pointed out, the money should be in ur brother's account then ur uncle can give him sponsor's letter and his bank statement for his proof of income.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
kentro201:

Hello good day, please i am making an application soonest , but the person sponsoring me does not bear the name or surname with me, Please i would like to know the list of documents he needs to give me after the dposited money in my account, thanks

Your sponsor has to bear the same family name with you. That is the only place you will have a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
Justwise, kindly respond to my request.

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2010
thank you for the response JUSTWISE, i didn't see the post initially.

@ lad1000, thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lakavana: 3:34am On Jul 01, 2010
@Justwise & all,

Kindly tell me the documents i will need from my bank to support my visa application. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jul 01, 2010
lakavana:

@Justwise & all,

Kindly tell me the documents i will need from my bank to support my visa application. Thank you

Just ur bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2010
@ justwise & all. Sequel to your advise on my mail thread above, my brother has resulted to raise the maintainance fee of GBP7,200 in his account BTW today & tomorrow and also to leave it for a min of 28 days as suggested.

My question is this; he's working and on monthly salary of 45K. he has struggled to pay the school fees fully, now if he get the maintainance fee in his account won't they suspect that he just look for the money else where and put for the purpose of securing the STUDENT VISA COS there is no activity (transaction) on the account apart from the steady salary income. pls enlighten me.

i work in a bank with a good salary, can i then act as a sponsor for him. I KNOW He's to submit his statement for the VISA application. Acting as a sponsor, am i to print my statement too with all required docs? i just don't want him to make any mistake abt this application that's y am a bit inquisitive.

YOUR detailed input / explanation will be of help

thank you, i await your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2010
Aks:

@ justwise & all. Sequel to your advise on my mail thread above, my brother has resulted to raise the maintainance fee of GBP7,200 in his account BTW today & tomorrow and also to leave it for a min of 28 days as suggested.
My question is this; he's working and on monthly salary of 45K. he has struggled to pay the school fees fully, now if he get the maintainance fee in his account won't they suspect that he just look for the money else where and put for the purpose of securing the STUDENT VISA COS there is no activity (transaction) on the account apart from the steady salary income. pls enlighten me.
i work in a bank with a good salary, can i then act as a sponsor for him. I KNOW He's to submit his statement for the VISA application. Acting as a sponsor, am i to print my statement too with all required docs? i just don't want him to make any mistake abt this application that's y am a bit inquisitive.YOUR detailed input / explanation will be of helpthank you, i await your response
Yes you are right there, they will suspect him and may deny him visa, it will look highly suspicious. 45k a month, how many yrs has he being working to save £7200? That is the question the BHC will ask.

If you earn healthy salary a month/yr, can prove that to BHC and share the SAME family name with him then you are the right person to sponsor him. Give him your active bank statement, that should be your salary account that shows the in-coming and out going activities, the BHC will know from the money coming into the account if you have a stable income to sponsor him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2010
@ all,do not let anyone confuse you about all this sponsorship thing and documents you need in support of Tier-4, dear all,just do what the UKBA website tells you,
1. All the original academic documents  you used in making the application for admission at the university as written in your visa letter.
2. Evidence of The balance of your school fees (if you have paid part of it already) plus the living expenses (£5400 for schools outside London or £7200 for school inside London) lodged in your own personal bank account for 28 days prior to application date.
3. Duly filled visa application form.
4. CAS letter (Visa letter from the school)
The only exception to the second requirement is when you are sponsored by your own PARENT(S) and you have to show that with a legalised document from a lawyer or your birth certificate and also a notarized letter that they are willing to commit such money towards your education.

Brothers and sisters, the embassy does not require any tax clearance or proof of where you got the money or where ever you work or any letter claiming anything, IT IS CLEARLY SPELT OUT IN THE UKBA WEBSITE AND BELEIVE ME,THERE IS NO AMBIGUITY TO THAT. It has been the same i did it and every Nigerian in my school did theirs.The document they require is no more than that and try not to use anyone's account as sponsor if they are not your parent(s), It is that simple(??), i know some will say otherwise,but its your time you waste by looking for documents apart from the one listed above
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:22am On Jul 01, 2010
@ justwise,
thank you for the prompt response, i'll appreciate if you help me answer the question posted below. my monthly salary is in the redion of 150K while i do receive quarterly allowance of 195K. He's my elder brother and we share the same surname.

who will pay for ur course fees?
Who will pay for your travel to the UK?
Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?
Please provide details of your financial sponsor(s). >>>>
If you are funding yourself state ‘Self funding’ and go to 8.41.

pls help provide answer to this question, by the way, will he choose SELF FUNDING AND SPONSOR?

thank you, GOD bless u real good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:28am On Jul 01, 2010
tjadeba:

@ all,do not let anyone confuse you about all this sponsorship thing and documents you need in support of Tier-4, dear all,just do what the UKBA website tells you, 1. All the original academic documents you used in making the application for admission at the university as written in your visa letter.2. Evidence of The balance of your school fees (if you have paid part of it already) plus the living expenses (£5400 for schools outside London or £7200 for school inside London) lodged in your own personal bank account for 28 days prior to application date.3. Duly filled visa application form.4. CAS letter (Visa letter from the school)The only exception to the second requirement is when you are sponsored by your own PARENT(S) and you have to show that with a legalised document from a lawyer or your birth certificate and also a notarized letter that they are willing to commit such money towards your education.Brothers and sisters, the embassy does not require any tax clearance or proof of where you got the money or where ever you work or any letter claiming anything, IT IS CLEARLY SPELT OUT IN THE UKBA WEBSITE AND BELEIVE ME,THERE IS NO AMBIGUITY TO THAT. It has been the same i did it and every Nigerian in my school did theirs.The document they require is no more than that and try not to use anyone's account as sponsor if they are not your parent(s), It is that simple(??), i know some will say otherwise,but its your time you waste by looking for documents apart from the one listed above
Are you suggesting that we are misleading pple here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jul 01, 2010
Aks:

@ justwise, thank you for the prompt response, i'll appreciate if you help me answer the question posted below. my monthly salary is in the redion of 150K while i do receive quarterly allowance of 195K. He's my elder brother and we share the same surname.
[b]who will pay for your course fees?Who will pay for your travel to the UK?
Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food?Please provide details of your financial sponsor(s). >>>>
If you are funding yourself state ‘Self funding’ and go to 8.41. [/b]pls help provide answer to this question, by the way, will he choose SELF FUNDING AND SPONSOR?thank you, GOD bless u real good
If you are his sponsor then its assumed that you taking care of everything.
For accommodation and food. . that maintenance fees covers that,(£7200 for london and 5400 for outside london)
Your bank statement will show the details of your finance as a sponsor.

Yes he can chose both self funding and sponsor and attached his bank details as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2010
@ just wise, thank you.

IN conclusion, as a sponsor, i'll be responsible for the maintainance fee but if i get what u are saying right, the GBP7,200 should still be in my brother's (applicant) acct while he submit his statement and at the same time my own statement for the VISA application to let the BHC know the source of the inflow

i've learnt a lot, i'm very grateful. i'll keep intouch with you as the whole thing unfold

rgds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 9:43am On Jul 01, 2010
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/evidence/

@ AKS,are you sure you are looking at the right forms?, use the internet to see most of these questions for yourself
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2010
justwise:

Are you suggesting that we are misleading pple here?

Not implying anything bruv, I think its better to tell people to look up for information on the relevant websites,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2010
Aks:

@ just wise, thank you.
IN conclusion, as a sponsor, i'll be responsible for the maintainance fee but if i get what u are saying right, the GBP7,200 should still be in my brother's (applicant) acct while he submit his statement and at the same time my own statement for the VISA application to let the BHC know the source of the inflowi've learnt a lot, i'm very grateful. i'll keep intouch with you as the whole thing unfold
rgds

Yes the money should be in his account AND ur account will indicate that you transfer that money to his account, that was why i said use ur active account that will give details of transactions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.