Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312015 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2009
monixl:

Okay, My sister paid the money to my account but if u feel or think its neccessary to get a sponsor letter from her i can get that, what documents do i need it to get in support of this? What i read about PBS is that:

1. 30 Points for visa letter.
2. 10 Points for maintainance cost. (£ 7200)
I think the issue of sponsor letter comes in when you are using your parents or legal guardian's account for application

Its not abt what i said, not my rule, its what BHC required u to do. Yes your sister can write a letter in support of your application.
She can attach her pay slip or bank statement, they will look at money coming into her a/c or look at her pay slip to decide whether she can afford to sponsor u.
U don't have to believe me, i'm just trying to help. U are free to submit whatever u have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2009
Ok, Thanx I can get the letter from her
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ksagirl(f): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
can any one help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ksagirl(f): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2009
hi ell77;
i want to visit in england for 18 days to spend few holydays.i have 1000 pound cash draft of my name in london bank.
i have my father employment letter and draft photo copy,full com form and flight booking details.& i'll live with my cousin.
please conform me that will i get visit visa?
will they will satisfied on the abouve doc?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ksagirl(f): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2009
hi ell77;
i dont want to refuse this time.
because they refused me last year two time for student visa.
now i want to go on visit visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2009
delarontus:

@ Sonye: If your course is 9 months or less (Inner London) = U need course fees and £800 for each calendar month of the course up to 9 months i.e £7,200. Outer London = course fees and £600 for 9 months i.e £5,400.

If your course is more than 9 months (Inner London) = 1st year of fees, or for continuing students fees for next period of study and £7,200. Outer London = 1st year of fees and £5,400.

U don't need to multiply by 12 or by the number of years u're studying.

Inner London includes Camden, Islington, Southwark, City of London, Kensington and Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Hammersmith and Fulham, Lewisham, Westminster, Haringey or Newham.

@Sonye - please follow Delarontus' advice for the fee amount (you must only show tuition
Phong:

Hi everyone, my student visa has just refused sad The reason is I don't have translation of Graduated Certificate. So my attribute points is 0/30 :| Anyway, i can solve it.
However, My fund points also is 0/10 sad. But they just explain blow that " Points awarded as claimed ". I don't know what does it meant. That meant i got Points awarded = 10 like Points Claimed or what going wrong with my fund. I have more than 7200 pound in my bank acc.
I really need every help to understand it.
Thx everyone !!!

fees for the first 9 months of your course for a course of 9 months or more.

Also like Flekan said your primary site of study is where your university course will be held.

Phong:

Hi everyone, my student visa has just refused sad The reason is I don't have translation of Graduated Certificate. So my attribute points is 0/30 :| Anyway, i can solve it.
However, My fund points also is 0/10 sad. But they just explain blow that " Points awarded as claimed ". I don't know what does it meant. That meant i got Points awarded = 10 like Points Claimed or what going wrong with my fund. I have more than 7200 pound in my bank acc.
I really need every help to understand it.
Thx everyone !!!

@ Phong - you must show you have had the money in your account for at least 28 days untouched before applying. The money includes your maintenance fees AND tuition fees (unless some fees have been paid in which case you should attach receipt or this should be stated by university in visa letter another exception is if you are receiving financial sponsorship) and should be calculated using the oanda.com conversion rate atthe time you want to apply for your visa - you should also write this conversion on the face of your account balance for the UKBA to see. Sorry you have been rejected, they can be quite pedantic at times, but there is still hope.

monixl:

@ Justwise Thanks for the response, I have all the required documents i.e Passport, WAEC Certificate, Visa Letter, Visa Fee, Biometric, Application form, 1 passport photograph and the Bank statement. Please advice if i need to add any other documents, Please note that i have not been lodging that kind of amount in my account in the past i just put in 20,000 or 5,000 sometimes, but i have the full maintanance cost there now, I understand that i cant book for accomodation until i get the visa, how long does it takes to get my visa if i apply on 21st of dec? Please kindly advice me about my application i dont want to make any mistake , its my first time, also i have used my passport to travel to west africa countries several times and tanzania once , i hope it wont affect my application

@Monixl - as long as you have attached everything your visa letter said was used to offer you a place on the course, put the oanda.com exchange rate on your balance statement, followed the passport photo requirements, filled the form in correctly and attached a receipt of your tuition fee payment (or this is written by your university in the visa letter) you should be fine. You must wait 28 days so applying on the 21st is okay, because it is a little close to Christmas - you can expect a delay but since your school has provided an extension just follow the rules and you should be fine.

It is not a requirement to attach a letter from whoever put the money in your account as it is in your personal account, but it is generally believed the UKBA might act faster when they see such as it gives them reassurance of your genuineness - this is not a fact though, just a belief, so if you can do it then fantastic I think it is a good idea, but f not, just apply like that it is not listed as a requirement.

ksa-girl:

hi ell77;
i want to visit in england for 18 days to spend few holydays.i have 1000 pound cash draft of my name in london bank.
i have my father employment letter and draft photo copy,full com form and flight booking details.& i'll live with my cousin.
please conform me that will i get visit visa?
will they will satisfied on the abouve doc?
thanks
ksa-girl:

hi ell77;
i dont want to refuse this time.
because they refused me last year two time for student visa.
now i want to go on visit visa.

At ksa-girl - I am sorry to hear of your past refusal, unfortunately, the conditions for student visa are different for general visitor visa. Generally you also need to show ties to your home in Nigeria. I suggest you evaluate your reasons for wanting to come to UK and once you decide on that, I can help you if you want to come here to study. But if you want a general visitor visa, try Siena's thread (also a sticky in the Travel section - at the top I believe) - his thread has proven very helpful for those applying for general visitor visas to UK - this thread is strictly for UK study visa, thanks and good luck!

BABABABA:

I thank God,I got my student visa today and also i will like to use this medium to express my sincere appreciation to evry body that has contributed to this thread becos it has really help me in successful visa application

Well done BABABABA - Don't mention it, that is the purpose of this thread, to help people not fall into easily preventable mistakes and to solve those mistakes people have already made - I am glad we could help! Welcome to UK! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2009
28 days includes weekends and bank holidays for those of you asking about the 28 day rule for holding money in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pespes: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
Hi,

I want to apply for a student visa for feb opening soon?

I have paid full tuition and also booked for accommodation at one of the uni halls,

My dad is standing in as my sponsor with his UK and Nigerian Bank Account statement.

But i was refused a visitor's visa in 2006 , a visa i applied for on my own - on no strong financial support and no family ties in the UK

I have stated this on the form , i hope it won affect my chances of getting a visa

Thanks for ur speedy reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
pespes:

Hi,

I want to apply for a student visa for feb opening soon?

I have paid full tuition  and also booked for accommodation at one of the uni halls,

My dad is standing in as my sponsor with his UK and Nigerian Bank Account statement.

But i was refused a visitor's visa in 2006 ,  a visa i applied for on my own - [b]on no strong financial support and no family ties in the UK

I have stated this on the form , i hope it won affect my chances of getting a visa [/b]

Thanks for your speedy reply

You being refused a visitor's visa in 2006 wouldn't affect your chance of getting a student visa in 2010. You just need to make sure you have all the necessary documents you need for your application. Details about you should correspond with that of 2006 when you applied for a visitor's visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pespes: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
Thanks flekan,

I have all the necessary docs, from transcript of results to birth certificate .

Was just scared about it that'll might affect somehow

I have noted it in the application that i was denied where it was asked.

So i should go ahead and apply

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
pespes:

Thanks flekan,

I have all the necessary docs, from transcript of results to birth certificate .

Was just scared about it that'll might affect somehow

I have noted it in the application that i was denied where it was asked.

So i should go ahead and apply

Thanks

Yea! You can go ahead and apply, All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gram: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2009
@ ell 77

Your contributions have been very useful though i've been passive on this thread.

I received a uk student visit visa for a short programme < 6mths as part of my academic work in sch ( university ), I also

intended to visit my sister during the period as part of the stated purpose of my visit. However, I could not attend at the stipulated time because

the commencement of the programme coincided with my exams. The programme is over now, but my visa is still valid (2 months spent). I've been

invited for a different programme in a different institution and I am free to attend. My sister is also ready to write another invitation letter. Can I

still enter the uk with my visa?. How rigid are the UK boarder regulations on a student visit visa ? Do all the tier 4 regulations apply to this type of visa?

i will appreciate your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2009
@ell77 Thanx for ur kind response, Please what do u mean by "put the oanda.com exchange rate on your balance statement" Do you mean i have to check the exchange on the site and write it out with a pen on my account statement or what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
monixl:

@ell77 Thanx for your kind response,  Please what do u mean by "put the oanda.com exchange rate on your balance statement" Do you mean i have to check the exchange on the site and write it out with a pen on my account statement or what?

Yup. That is what she meant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pespes: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
I applied for my student visa on Wednesday and was told to wait after 15 working days , pls how long does it take?

Note : My dad is my sponsor

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chonko: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2009
Hello guys pls i need ur advice on this issue.
i recently got an offer letter from one the university in uk for my msc study. am tryin to seek assist throug the senator in my constituency with the mentenance fees+scholl fess balance, now should the money be in his account or my personal account. guys just advise me on what are the best shot of chance 4 me in order to get my student visa easily. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by switchmax8: 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2009
ell77,
What are the requirement needed to submit to the embassy for student visa and studies that is for 3-4yrs.Pls i want to apply for next session and i need a guide to the above because i have applied twice 2005 and 2007 and i was refused due to documents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
I've applied to study in a College in Uk and i've been offered admission. My problem is that there was an error on the date of birth on my waec certificate. Should i attach an affidavit to it when i want to submit my application? Will iprint my statement of account and wait for 28 days b4 submitting my applicatn or Should i leave d mny in my act for 28days nd print. Some one hlp me cos i dnt want to make mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
I really need help o. I'm really bothered about the date of birth on my waec certificate. Should i attach an affidavit from a Federal High Court with it. Is my waec enough 4 a proven track of study.I finished school cert in 2002 bt i've been working as a clerk ever since.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
lad1000:

I've applied to study in a College in Uk and i've been offered admission. My problem is that  there was an error on the date of birth on my waec certificate. Should i attach an affidavit to it when i want to submit my application? Will iprint my statement of account and wait for 28 days b4 submitting my applicatn or Should i leave d mny in my act for 28days nd print. Some one hlp me cos i dnt want to make mistakes.

Yes, include the affidavit you collected from the Federal High Court when you submit your application. You can also write a letter to address it also. You are to print your bank statement after the fund needed for your application has been in your account for 28 days. All they want you to do is keep the money needed in your account for a minimum of 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
switchmax8:

ell77,
What are the requirement needed to submit to the embassy for student visa and studies that is for 3-4yrs.Pls i want to apply for next session and i need a guide to the above because i have applied twice 2005 and 2007 and i was refused due to documents

You will be applying under the Point Based System (Tier 4 General Student).  Check both the UK-VAC and UK VISA website for the documents you are to submit

UK-VAC : http://www.ukvac-ng.com

UK VISA : http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2009
I am presently 25 years,finished school certificate nd i've been offered admission in a College in uk. Is my Waec certificate enough for a proven track of study. Is it necessary for me to translate the closing balance of my account to pouds sterling. Some one help mee.Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2009
lad1000:

I am presently 25 years,finished school certificate nd i've been offered admission in a College in uk. Is my Waec certificate enough for a proven track of study. Is it necessary for me to translate the closing balance of my account to pouds sterling. Some one help mee.Thanks.

Your post suggests you've already secured admission. You must have been considered for admission based on the qualification you indicated in your UCAS application (in this case WAEC). So, what's the fuss?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2009
What i mean is that i sat for my waec in 2002 and i applied directly to the College for a 3 years programme . I don't know if my waec is enough for a proven track of study cos i've been working ever since i finished school certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pespes: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2009
@lad1000

Pls submit the document that was stated on your Ucas as proof of assessment

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lad1000: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Is ucas the unconditional acceptance of studies. Somene explain because i think it's a body that registers student's to Colleges and Universities in Uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pespes: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
Thanks be to God!!!

Got my student visa today just after 9 days

Praise be to God almighty

Thanks Guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2009
pespes:

Thanks be to God!!!

Got my student visa today just after 9 days

Praise be to God almighty

Thanks Guys

Congratulation!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2009
Congrats Pespes, Can't wait for Jan to apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ghafleks(m): 2:22am On Dec 22, 2009
hello, i applied 4 uk student visa and went through the appeal process of which it was allowed. my problem is dat, >
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ghafleks(m): 2:44am On Dec 22, 2009
i was told 4m embasy 2 com wit a statement of acc of wich d 1 i use b4 is no more valid.can i use anoder one 2 replac it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by DisGuy: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.