Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,242 members, 7,846,143 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312501 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by westbuoi(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
must congratulate u guys on dis thread.u've saved lotta peeps thru ur professional advice especially@justwise.I want to find out if the personal statement thing is really that necessary.actually an ex banker with over 6yrs cognate experience but ws affected last yr decembr.if i need to add d personal statemnt thing if might expose i'm outta work which might be a set bk.actually my tuition and maintenance are set and my sch starts feb.I'm going for m.sc finance and hoping to continue in banking cos cant afford to throw my exp away tho i've job offers but need d m.sc.My concern actually is if i have to write a personal stmnt,wont d emplymnt gap frm jan to nov 2011i'v bn outta work be an issue or do i jst write one and not include my previous offer letters frm d banks i hv worked for in application to UKBA? Your help and advice urgently and kindly needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2010
westbuoi:

must congratulate u guys on dis thread.u've saved lotta peeps thru your professional advice especially@justwise.I want to find out if the personal statement thing is really that necessary.actually an ex banker with over 6yrs cognate experience but ws affected last yr decembr.if i need to add d personal statemnt thing if might expose i'm outta work which might be a set bk.actually my tuition and maintenance are set and my sch starts feb.I'm going for m.sc finance and hoping to continue in banking cos cant afford to throw my exp away tho i've job offers but need d m.sc.My concern actually is if i have to write a personal stmnt,wont d emplymnt gap frm jan to nov 2011i'v bn outta work be an issue or do i jst write one and not include my previous offer letters frm d banks i hv worked for in application to UKBA? Your help and advice urgently and kindly needed.

No the personal statement is not necessary, just concentrating on meeting the main requirements, personal statement is not one of them.
Don't worry about been out of work for months, you are not applying for work visa, its student visa. Going for ur Msc is a step forward and an added advantage to ur field
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
westbuoi:

must congratulate u guys on dis thread.u've saved lotta peeps thru your professional advice especially@justwise.I want to find out if the personal statement thing is really that necessary.actually an ex banker with over 6yrs cognate experience but ws affected last yr decembr.if i need to add d personal statemnt thing if might expose i'm outta work which might be a set bk.actually my tuition and maintenance are set and my sch starts feb.I'm going for m.sc finance and hoping to continue in banking cos cant afford to throw my exp away tho i've job offers but need d m.sc.My concern actually is if i have to write a personal stmnt,wont d emplymnt gap frm jan to nov 2011i'v bn outta work be an issue or do i jst write one and not include my previous offer letters frm d banks i hv worked for in application to UKBA? Your help and advice urgently and kindly needed.

Believe me. Justwise has said what i wanted to say exactly. The only thing i have to add is, the personal statement is simply meant to be on your course, why you choose the school, what benefits it has will be on yourt career.

my contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
humblemoi:

Believe me. Justwise has said what i wanted to say exactly. The only thing i have to add is, [b]the personal statement is simply meant to be on your course, why you choose the school, what benefits it has will be on yourt career.[/b]my contribution.

Very good point, thanks for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by girlinc: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2010
hey guys, i always laminate my certificates. is it ok to submit them like that?

and does BHC use the oanda convertion rate or they have their own?

i intend to use a confirmation of result frm WAEC. pls if anybody has used it before,do i need to add any other documents to support it??

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by westbuoi(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2010
@justwise,humblemoi.i sincerely appreciate ur input.i wl sure apply without a personal statemnt & wont include former employmnt offer letters since i've outta job fr a yr now & wl b sponsored fully by my elder bru.hope dis is ok.pls permit me to digress a bit.jst need some consulting.Actually got 2 m.sc offers-finance & biz mgt(UNI BEDFORD) and purchasing & supply chain mgt(RGU) & wl b paying my tuition nxt week.Bearing in mind my over 6 yrs banking experince and d very volatile banking sector globally,cud going for m.sc supply chain which cud still end one in d TRADE FINANCE & FOREIGN OPERATIONS of major banks,besides serving as a spring board to get into all oda sectors even oil & gas b beta since m.sc finance is so streamlined.i stay in ph,hope it were possible to consult some professional.pls which of d 2 m.sc cud I leverage on having my background in mind and most recent industry development.Pls some professional shud help me out.my 1st degree is geology .Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
westbuoi:

@justwise,humblemoi.i sincerely appreciate your input.i wl sure apply without a personal statemnt & wont include former employmnt offer letters since i've outta job fr a yr now & wl b sponsored fully by my elder bru.hope dis is ok.pls permit me to digress a bit.jst need some consulting.Actually got 2 m.sc offers-finance & biz mgt(UNI BEDFORD) and purchasing & supply chain mgt(RGU) & wl b paying my tuition nxt week.Bearing in mind my over 6 yrs banking experince and d very volatile banking sector globally,cud going for m.sc supply chain which cud still end one in d TRADE FINANCE & FOREIGN OPERATIONS of major banks,besides serving as a spring board to get into all oda sectors even oil & gas b beta since m.sc finance is so streamlined.i stay in ph,hope it were possible to consult some professional.pls which of d 2 m.sc cud I leverage on having my background in mind and most recent industry development.Pls some professional shud help me out.my 1st degree is geology .Thanks in anticipation.

Ok, let me understand you clearly, you said you had your first degree in "geology". Your work experience has been in "Banking Sector" and now you want to put in for your masters in either "finance" or "purchasing & supply chain management".

You need to consider your place of residence after concluding the masters. That i will say is very important.

Please allow the gurus of the forum to assist in this and in the meantime do some wider projections and consultations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by westbuoi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
I hope to be back here aftawards,but if I got a 6months internship dr even if unpaid either during or afta my m.sc I wl do it to boost my cv b4 returning home.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by girlinc: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2010
girl-inc.:

hey guys, i always laminate my certificates. is it ok to submit them like that?

and does BHC use the oanda convertion rate or they have their own?

i intend to use a confirmation of result frm WAEC. pls if anybody has used it before,do i need to add any other documents to support it??

thanks.
ehmmmm, @justwise, i guess u missed my post(above). can u pls help me with the info? thnx!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Xorcyst(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2010
@girl-inc

the BHC usually request that the documents not be laminated but i wasnt penalized on those grounds wen i submitted my initial application. a couple of my friends who were successful had theirs laminated also.
as long as they can verify your credentials from your university here you should be alright

@forum: pls correct me if im wrong
i have a question too: pls does the BHC check the balances on your account as at the time on the statement or are they interested with the balance event after you apply. im just curious cuz in the instance someone uses his salary account and needs to make payments after the statement date, does it hurt your application if you withdraw?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by icez: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2010
Please, a friend of mine applied to a school in England and was offered admission. After paying the required deposit fees to enable him receive his 'CAS' number, so he can apply for a student visas. The school asked him to send a copy of his passport(i think its the data page) before his CAS number will be sent to him.
I just want to know if that is the general requirement before your CAS number is sent, or it depends on the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by icez: 11:28am On Nov 26, 2010
Please, a friend of mine applied to a school in England and was offered admission. After paying the required deposit fees to enable him receive his 'CAS' number, so he can apply for a student visas. The school asked him to send a copy of his passport(i think its the data page) before his CAS number will be sent to him.
        I just want to know if that is the general requirement before your CAS number is sent, or it depends on the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SkolAbroad: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2010
thats is very normal, if you need more information on that i would be of assistance, i know of a very reliable agent that did mine for me and i have got my Visa ready to move around January 17, 2011.

For the question on balance in account, you are free to withdraw from your account anyday, anytime as long as the remaining balance within the 28 days prior to your submission of application does not fall below the expected balance (Tuition + Maintenance Fund). Alternatively, for 98% Visa guarantee transfer both your Tuiton and Maintenance to the school at the same time and ensure the total value reflects on your CAS, email questions to: info@cardinalstar.com am ssure they will reply to it with a speed of light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by icez: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2010
@skolAbroad
so u r saying it is normal 4 the school to ask 4 a copy of his passport before issuing the CAS number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SkolAbroad: 11:49am On Nov 26, 2010
Exactly, they want to be sure they are issuing the CAS in favour of the right student. You know we are too smart in Nigeria, before now you must have heard they sell people's admission, but with the data page of your Int'l Passport, its not possible to do that. Just let me know if you need more info or if you know people that wants to school overseas. They process admission for UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ukraine, Poland, and Malaysia.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Xorcyst(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
@icez

yes it is normal. they need your data page when they are requesting approval of your CAS from THE UK BORDER AGENCY
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
hallo house just want to ask cos am in uk on a Dependant visa and want to come to 9ja to change to student can i use my uk bank account.
plz reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2010
SkolAbroad:

Exactly, they want to be sure they are issuing the CAS in favour of the right student. You know we are too smart in Nigeria, before now you must have heard they sell people's admission, but with the data page of your Int'l Passport, its not possible to do that. Just let me know if you need more info or if you know people that wants to school overseas. They process admission for UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ukraine, Poland, and Malaysia.

No dubious business here, you can see how pple help each other here. Stop this 'email me or call me' game.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2010
SkolAbroad:

thats is very normal, if you need more information on that i would be of assistance, i know of a very reliable agent that did mine for me and i have got my Visa ready to move around January 17, 2011.

For the question on balance in account, you are free to withdraw from your account anyday, anytime as long as the remaining balance within the 28 days prior to your submission of application does not fall below the expected balance (Tuition + Maintenance Fund). Alternatively, for 98% Visa guarantee transfer both your Tuiton and Maintenance to the school at the same time and ensure the total value reflects on your CAS, email questions to: info@cardinalstar.com am ssure they will reply to it with a speed of light.

Where did you get that idea from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2010
topsys:

hallo house just want to ask cos am in uk on a Dependant visa and want to come to 9ja to change to student can i use my uk bank account.
plz reply

Sure you can, but you have to apply within a month u arrived Nigeria cos if the bank statement stayed more than a month then u will have prob with ur visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2010
icez:

Please, a friend of mine applied to a school in England and was offered admission. After paying the required deposit fees to enable him receive his 'CAS' number, so he can apply for a student visas. The school asked him to send a copy of his passport(i think its the data page) before his CAS number will be sent to him. I just want to know if that is the general requirement before your CAS number is sent, or it depends on the school.

Like alot of pple said here already, there is nothing wrong with that, ur friend should scan and email it to the school.

Don't need any agent to do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2010
hello, house
i hope u still remember my story.
i have paid the tuition in full now, and i have also moved the fund to oceanic bank.
i still have the almost 2.5m in that account and all i need is to prove is 5400pounds, because my uncle in the UK paid the balance.
am I good to go now
kindly reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joyceonome: 9:10am On Nov 28, 2010
Hello House.
I obtained a Letter of Attestation from my University for the verification of my Degree Certificate and to be sure the phone numbers are working I called the phone numbers on the letter only to be told that they are not reachable.
However, the Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Company (NSPMC) which produces all NYSC Discharge certificates is the same company which produces the certificate Of my University (Ambrose Alli University) and ineffect the Certificate has security features that can easily be detected by the forgery detection machines at the BHC.
I would like to know if there is any other way that I can ensure that my Degree Certificate can be verified or I should submit my NYSC Discharge Certificate along with my Degree Certificate and my WAEC as additional proof that I am indeed a University Graduate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by icez: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2010
@SkolAbroad ,@Xorcyst ,@justwise . Thanks very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by girlinc: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
Xorcyst:

@girl-inc

the BHC usually request that the documents not be laminated but i wasnt penalized on those grounds wen i submitted my initial application. a couple of my friends who were successful had theirs laminated also.
as long as they can verify your credentials from your university here you should be alright

@xorcyst,thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
helo Justwise and d house. Pls reply to my yesterday post.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 12:09am On Nov 29, 2010
@segba,
u re good to go joor,

hope it is a new CAS u re using, that shows tuition fee fully paid.
make a transaction a day before u print out the bank statement, to aviod closing balance issue

2.5m, in ur bank account, which i believe is the same name on ur passport and cas, u re more than good to go, jare

currently with the way britain is, it is really tough, so prepare ur mind that u might be returning to naija after ur study, and secondly, make sure u bring enough money here, cos, u will be lucky to get a job.

immigration laws are changing, and if u want to come in as a student, u ve to apply as soon as possble,
no miracle again for england, come april 2011, they might even scrap post study work visa,
the reality is, it is tough

all the best in ur future endavour
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Greatsteps: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2010
Hello everyone,

I'm happy for this thread,

I applied to a college in uk for an undergraduate course,  They asked me to send scanned copies of my SSCE Certificate, TOEFL and my Internationl passport. I told them that my SSCE original certificate is not yet out (it will come out next year) but I have only the statement of result from my school. what I did was to send them a NECO scratch card so that they can verify and validate the result on NECO's website which they did and said they are okay with that. My question is will BHC accept the statement of result since that is what the school used in giving me admission or do I have to get any letter from NECO regarding that? .

For TOEFL, I have just applied to sit for 11th  December exam date. My school starts on 17th january. 2011. I was told that it takes two weeks for the toefl result to come out,  which means by 25th of december I will get the toefl result. I will send the toefl result to my school  on 26th December for them to send me the CAS.  I planned submiting my application to BHC on 2nd january 2011. I don't know if it is possible for the school to send me the CAS before 2nd January so that I can package it and send to BHC. I want to know how long it takes to receive CAS from a school when all the requirment have been confirmed and also can I get response from BHC regarding my VISA before my school start up date which is 17th january.

The maintenance deposit would be 28 days by 30th december and I will submit my application by 1st or 2nd January.

Please, I need answers to these four questions:

1. Will BHC accept my SSCE Statement of result from my school instaed of the original certificate from NECO since that is what the school used in giving me admission?

2. Will BHC also accept TOEFL statement of result because by the time I will submit my application, the original will not be out by then, (Original certificate from TOEFL comes out after one month)

3. My school starts 17th january, 2011 and I will submit my application on 2nd January, Will this effect the outcome of the visa since the time is too short? what do I do?

4. I want to know how long it takes to receive CAS from a school when all the requirments have been confirmed.

Please I need answers, suggestions and advice on this,

I will be expecting response  on this.

Thank you all,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Xorcyst(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2010
@greatsteps
1> you are required to provide the documents on the CAS, if your school states what they gave u admission with, then the BHC will accept em. i guess that shouls answer question 1 and 2

why are you gonna wait till january 2. im not saying it'l affect the application itself but what about contingencies. i am to resume on the 26th january or so and i put in my aoolication last week. u dig?

my CAS took 3 days to get. maybe its because i was reapplying for a fresh CAS. but the 1st one took about 2 weeks

capische?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Greatsteps: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Xorcyst, thanks for your response,

I have to wait till 2nd January because am yet to logde in my maintenance fee, I will lodge it into my account on the 2nd of december which means by 30th of december it would be 28 days in my account then on 1st january or 2nd I will submit my application to BHC.

Please, I still need advise or suggestion on the late submission of my application, it's two weeks prior to my commencement date.

I will expecting more input from other members of the house too!

Thank you all!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2010
@greast step

this wan wey u wan do, is basically at ur own risk,

if u want to submit ur application two weeks before resumption, then u are putting ur self in a tight corner,
but if u must do it, am talking about if there is no other choice,
then, make sure u ask for an extension from ur sch, maybe a two weeks or one week extension just to cover ur visa processing period
u can find it, if there are any special services to make it faster, like PFL and stuffs, i applied in october and they stopped the whole agent thing,

in ur own interest when turning in ur application by january, tell ur sch before u do so, so they can give u an extension, and u would write it clearly on ur form that u ve been giving an extension for late resumption, and put the extension date,
the sch dont ve to issue u a new cas letter, for that, they will just update the database of ukba,

i did the same thing, for my visa, i actually resumed 2weeks after, and was allowed to go in at heathrow
remember, the money must not drp one kobo, and i will advise dont go for exactly 28days, u can make it 30,
remember to do a transaction a day before u print ur statement, to aviod closing balance issue,

i think u re good to good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2010
@great step

bear in mind, that they actually refuse people for late submission,

if they give u and u dont travel on time, they ve the right to refuse u entry at the port,
so late resumption should be backed with late extension date, just to be on the safer side

u might get it even within that two weeks, but on a good day, it takes 15 working days to process ur visa (3 weeks)

God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.