Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,216 members, 7,867,546 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:06 PM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (80967 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
dolphinheart,

Which commandments is Jesus referring to in John 14:15? Are they different from the ones He referred to in Matt. 19:17? If they are different, make a clear distinction between them.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
barny95:
some translation said obeisance which means respect and obedience. Sarah called Abraham her Lord. Does that make him God? No. So if Sarah could call Abraham her Lord, can't Thomas called Jesus his God and Lord?

Did Sarah call Abraham GOD?

Still you haven't answered the question: Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my GOD." Was Thomas wrong?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
themall:
@DoctorAlien, @Logicbwoy @Ranchhoddas @jnrbayano @paulGrundy @solite3
Just wondering.....
Is the prophet Moses, Elijah true God or not?

Moses is not God, neither is Elijah.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
themall:

No man has ever seen God at any time, only His only begotten-god has come down to explain who he really is to those who will believe.
Jesus was created, God was not
Jesus has lived with human flesh, God has not
Jesus was tempted by the Devil to be disloyal to God, God will NEVER be tempted to be disloyal to Jesus

Please tell me am wrong and I will go to do some prayerful research, because it seems there's something y'all aren't telling me on this thread.

Brother, you can now believe what you want, okay?

Happy Sabbath! smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Does John 10:18 agree with you?

you mean the bible he quote contradict yours ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Moses is not God, neither is Elijah.

since you admit Jesus is nowhere called true God grin , do you now accept that Jesus is a false God ?

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is a so called Christian speaking from both side of his mouth:

DoctorAlien:

I'm very sure Daniel never posed as GOD, or demanded worship. Nebuchadnezzar fell before Daniel in awe and wonder. Daniel explained to him that the source of the interpretation he gave was GOD. Daniel made it clear beyond doubt that GOD is the source of all He knows and was going to say. So, Nebuchadnezzar worshipping Daniel means he acknowledged the Spirit in Daniel.

Notice that Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged GOD in v.47 of Daniel 2.

People worshipped and even tried to sacrifice to Paul and Barnabas at Lystra, but they prevented the people. They pointed to GOD, who alone deserves worship. smiley

You are a very big HYPOCRITE

John 12:49 NIV

49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Meanwhile, He was shown this:

Peacefullove:

if God forbid worship to anything but himself then thats another bible contradiction, DANIEL accept worship .

Then King Nebuchadnezzar threw himself down before Daniel and worshiped him Daniel 2 vs 46

Daniel = God ? or how u wan take explain this one . mtcheew

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
themall:
Are the MOSAIC laws not God's Laws? Now, who told you to disobey some of GOD's laws and obey the rest?

Mosaic laws are different from GOD's laws. (Read 2 Kings 21:8; Dan. 9:11). The two laws were even kept separate in the Ark of Covenant.(Read Exod. 25:16; Deut. 31:24-26).

GOD commanded and Moses commanded. smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
rodDICK:

Is your God one of confusion? I cannot even grasp the meaning of Trinity and I bet you cannot too, because prominent Trinitarian Bible scholars when questioned have admitted the doctrine to be a mystery.

I think Jesus with all his illustrations and examples which made him a great teacher could have been able to succinctly explain the Trinity. But he never even suggested it.

That is the problem I have with religion. It is so senseless. As humans we can be more productive without religion.

Okay. Happy Sabbath. smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Daniel did not claim the worship that belongs to GOD. And Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged GOD. He even knew that it was GOD who gave the interpretation to Daniel. So, even Nebuchadnezzar knew who worship belongs to. Read Daniel 3:28-29. smiley

But your earlier prove of Jesus being almighty God was that Jesus accepted worship right?

HYPOCRITE
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthislight,
Paul referred to Jesus Christ as his "great GOD" in Titus 2:13. Was Paul wrong?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dave1614: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
the arguement is still hot
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dave1614: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
great is not superlative neither is it comparative. The Bible never said Jesus is the greatest God. So how can he be equal to his father.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthislight,

If we go by barny95's logic, can Dan. 2:46 be translated "Nebuchadnezzar did obeisance before Daniel"? smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
dave1614:
great is not superlative neither is it comparative. The Bible never said Jesus is the greatest God. So how can he be equal to his father.

Jesus is equal to His Father. Read Phil. 2:5-8. smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dave1614: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
see this guy quoting for me. Okay read verse 6 of that same place. "He gave no consideration to a seizure, namely that he should be equal to God".

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dave1614: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
latter part said "no, but he emptied himself and took a slave's form and became human. More than that when he came as a man he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes death on a torture stake.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

But Jesus made it clear in Jn. 10:18 that He was the one who gave His life. It wasn't the Roman soldiers who took His life. He gave it. He could have held it back. But He gave it. smiley

Sharrraaaaap!

Hypocrite!

Stop lying, i know it is hard for you to stop lying.

You have spOken so many lies on this thread.

Just sharap! Jesus died. If he did not die, how did he pay for the ransom of Adam?

Just keep QUITE! Enough of the disgraceful lies.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthislight,

In Jn. 5:23, the Bible commands us to pay to the Son all the worship and honour we pay to the Father. We are to honour the Son, just as we honour the Father. The honour to the Son is not to be diminished a bit.

What does this mean? Does the Bible command this type of honour to anyone else?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:
truthislight,

If we go by barny95's logic, can Dan. 2:46 be translated "Nebuchadnezzar did obeisance before Daniel"? smiley

authorized version say Daniel was worshipped , you say obeisance hahahahaha , is the authorized version wrong ?

guy , abeg
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthislight:

Sharrraaaaap!

Hypocrite!

Stop lying, i know it is hard for you to stop lying.

You have spOken so many lies on this thread.

Just sharap! Jesus died. If he did not die, how did he pay for the ransom of Adam?

Just keep QUITE! Enough of the disgraceful lies.

Okay. Happy Sabbath.

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

There is a billion and one proofs to show that Jesus is the true GOD. You still haven't pointed out an attribute of the true GOD that Jesus does not have.

Death had no power over Jesus, because He was GOD. He was the One who subjected Himself to death as a sacrifice for sin. smiley

Sharaaap! HYPOCRITE!

Jesus is not the TRUE God, he said himself at John 17:3:

3. This is life eternal that they know you the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jesus is equal to His Father. Read Phil. 2:5-8. smiley

really ? But the same Jesus confess " Father is Greater than I " john 14 vs 8 .

talk, Jesus is lying ?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by jnrbayano(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
themall:

1. No true christian is awaiting the coming-in-flesh of the Almighty God!
2. But Jesus or any other god can come in flesh. Those who see the Almighty God and yet wish to live, are living in theological mythology!!

Are you sure you read and understood what you quoted?

I pointed you to just a verse among many where the Holy Spirit inspired St Paul to call Jesus God.

Is the bone of contention no longer if Jesus is God?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
jnrbayano:

Are you sure you read and understood what you quoted?

I pointed you to just a verse among many where the Holy Spirit inspired St Paul to call Jesus God.

Is the bone of contention no longer if Jesus is God?

and the bold make Catholicism right, since that make Mary the mother of God , dont you think ?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

really ? But the same Jesus confess " Father is Greater than I " john 14 vs 8 .

talk, Jesus is lying ?

Jesus was referring to Himself in flesh. His Father was greater than He was in the flesh. The Bible made us to understand that Jesus identified with the lowliest of the lowly echelons of life. He even died like a criminal.

Read Phil. 2:5-8 again.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

and the bold make Catholicism right, since that make Mary the mother of God , dont you think ?

Read Matt. 12:48-50; Luke 8:21 and see who Jesus' Mother is.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jesus was referring to Himself in flesh. His Father was greater than He was in the flesh. The Bible made us to understand that Jesus identified with the lowliest of the lowly echelons of life. He even died like a criminal.

Read Phil. 2:5-8 again.
^^

this crap answer, Let me see if you will still stick to that crap answer - but when he said I and the Father are one, he wasnt in flesh . he was a spirit ?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by jnrbayano(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

Don't derail someone's thread. Learn to obey a simple rule.

Open a thread about your queries, mention me and I will come over.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
Error.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
jnrbayano:

Don't derail someone's thread. Learn to obey a simple rule.

Open a thread about your queries, mention me and I will come over.

grin I will open the thread soon , and will invite you . just get ready
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

^^

this crap answer, Let me see if you will still stick to that crap answer - but when he said I and the Father are one, he wasnt in flesh . he was a spirit ?

Jesus is One with His Father in character, will and in purpose. There is no difference in anyway between them. The fact that He came to earth was a mutual agreement between Him and His Father. He agreed to be separated from His Father, and to be humiliated and brought low.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply)

2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.