Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,405 members, 7,864,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (80887 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I simply asked a question: who is to come, according to Rev. 1:8?

grin
can you find "who is to come"as a sentence in rev 1:8. If that sentence only comes about through your modification of a title, pls don't ask me dubious questions!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

can you find "who is to come"as a sentence in rev 1:8. If that sentence only comes about through your modification of a title, pls don't ask me dubious questions!

"Who is to come" cannot be a sentence. It can either be a question or a relative dependent clause describing somebody.

Who is the person Rev. 1:8 says is to come?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

Jesus is a false God ! Thats the truth you are finding hars to accept .
are you ok
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

Sorry, its like you are losing your reasoning already, Who did he call ONLY true God at John 17:3 ?

Buhahaha

I ask you a simple question you?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

Sorry, its like you are losing your reasoning already, Who did he call ONLY true God at John 17:3 ?

Buhahaha

I ask you a simple question you
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

When you cant find evidence that they are false god , you now declare Your god must be a liar then , he say they are gods . he lied ?

you can insult God but you can't change his word.

The word of God remains
JESUS is God!
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
Peacefullove:

stop slandering . I dont think any of the JW guys ever say Jesus is false God , the guy I remembered answering you only said he is neither true or false . You should have direct this post at me not them .

And I will tell you if there is an ONLY true God , that renders Jesus a false God ! The funniest part is you clueless ones dont even have a single place to show where your bible say Jesus is true God . none .

Keep deceiving yourselves .
I guess the truth has hit you that's why you trying so hard to cover up.

I showed clearly that Jesus is the true God yet you could not but spew hatred just as your father the devil hates God so much.

Hahaha JESUS is the true God.

Remember without him you are going straight to hell!
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

wrong analogy, Obama is called the president, buhari is called the president, Obama is not buhari!
kemi is the beautiful girl, shade is the beautiful girl it does not mean that kemi is shade, it does mean that both are called the beautiful girl.
The father is not the same person as Jesus or is he?
buhari has a domain in which he is the president, Obama can't be the President of that domain and vice versa.

God's domain is his creation

God cannot be the mighty God of his domain and yet another being is also the mighty God.
Dolphinheart can it happen?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

why should I agree that Jesus is jehovah God?
IS JESUS THE SAME PERSON AS THE FATHER?
Jesus is not the same person as the father but they are one God Jehovah!
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by barny95(m): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

"Who is to come" cannot be a sentence. It can either be a question or a relative dependent clause describing somebody.

Who is the person Rev. 1:8 says is to come?
do you care to read verse 1 at all 1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, yes, to all the things he saw." this shows that God and Jesus are 2 different people cos Jesus received revelations from God and gave it to an angel who gave it to John.
To understand verse check from verse 4 then to 8; 4 John to the seven congregations that are in the province of Asia:May you have undeserved kindness and peace from “the One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.”To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood— 6 and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever. Amen. 7 Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. 8 “I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.” the one who is coming is Jehovah God Almighty, that phrase "Who is and who was and who is coming" is the same as alpha and omega, no beginning no end. Verse 7 is about Jesus who is coming in the clouds. don't deceive ur self man

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
barny95,

If the Alpha and Omega in Rev. 1:8 is GOD the Father, Who is the "Alpha and Omega" in Rev. 22:13?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by achorladey: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
From what I could glean so far, this particular scripture of the Bible should read thus: For Jesus( the Almighty God) so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son (Jesus) that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3 : 16 I hope someone would not eventually make Jesus a liar.

Some said where did Jesus used God's name to preach. Have you forgotten how he taught them to pray? Jesus seek for the sanctification of his Father's name in his prayer. Read John 17 : 26

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
Achorldey,

The GODhead is made up of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Each is self-existent and eternal. The three are equal and of the same substance. If you remove anyone, the GODhead ceases to exist.Yet, there are not three gods: there is one GOD. Just like time that is made of the past, present and future. Yet there are three times: there is just time.

But the JWs are caught in a dilemma. They claim the Holy Spirit is a force. The Bible says GOD sent Jesus Christ. The Bible also says GOD and His Spirit sent Jesus.(Isa. 48:16). Now, if GOD sent Christ, and GOD and His Spirit sent Christ, it only means the Holy Spirit is GOD. The JWs are now faced with disagreeing with the Bible or refuting their doctrine that the Holy Spirit is a force.

smiley The Bible proves Trinity.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by achorladey: 11:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm but there are hierarchical stuff in the Bible. Why are we not subjecting to the stated hierarchy status? The head of Jesus is God , the head of the congregation is Christ, the head of woman is the man. This is part of the deep things of God that the spirit made us discern, why can we not leave it that way?

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by barny95(m): 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:
barny95,

If the Alpha and Omega in Rev. 1:8 is GOD the Father, Who is the "Alpha and Omega" in Rev. 22:13?
Jehovah the Almighty God

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
barny95:
Jehovah the Almighty God

So, according to you, Jehovah the Almighty GOD is the First and the Last in Rev. 22:13.

Now, who is the First and the Last in Rev. 2:8?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
achorladey:
Hmmmmmmmm but there are hierarchical stuff in the Bible. Why are we not subjecting to the stated hierarchy status? The head of Jesus is God , the head of the congregation is Christ, the head of woman is the man. This is part of the deep things of God that the spirit made us discern, why can we not leave it that way?

We encounter problems and jump into wrong conclusions when we think we can fully comprehend the relationship in the GODhead, which is a Mystery. smiley
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by tichazSon: 12:09am On Sep 18, 2016
alolatee:

Bro, don't waste ur precious time arguing with Jehovah wickedness(as my pastor then in the university used to call them).They are worse than Muslims and Atheists.

You are far worst

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 18, 2016
[quote author=achorladey post=49453349][]
From what I could glean so far, this particular scripture of the Bible should read thus: For Jesus( the Almighty God) so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son (Jesus) that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3 : 16 I hope someone would not eventually make Jesus a liar.
it is evident the bible teaches trinity. Matt 28:19.
There are three distinct persons in the Godhead
The Father, The other word and the holy ghost is one God not three gods.
Trinity is not tritheism
God said let us make man in our image yet The was only one God at work!

Some said where did Jesus used God's name to preach. Have you forgotten how he taught them to pray? Jesus seek for the sanctification of his Father's name in his prayer. Read John 17 : 26
Jesus never used the name Jehovah for preaching or prayer instead uses the word father.
I m not saying God's name isn't Jehovah or Yahweh.
Jesus said we are to be his witness teaching and baptizing all nations in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy Spirit and latter in acts we found out that name is JESUS
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 18, 2016
achorladey:
the fact that man is the head of the woman does not mean woman is less than man.

God is the head of Christ

For you to understand the characters of Christ you need to understand that Christ has a dual nature.
One nature is the nature of God and the other is the nature of man.
Read these verses
Phillipians 2:5-19
John 1:18

Shallom
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 18, 2016
barny95:
Jehovah the Almighty God
yes. Jehovah is the Almighty God! And the only God
John 1:1 also state that the word himself is God.
This makes The word Jehovah himself.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by barny95(m): 7:01am On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, according to you, Jehovah the Almighty GOD is the First and the Last in Rev. 22:13.

Now, who is the First and the Last in Rev. 2:8?
e fact that a title applies to Jehovah and Jesus doesn't make them equal, go 2 Rev. 1 17,18, 17 When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet.And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave. Do you notice verse18?
So Jesus was the first to be directly resurrected to immortal by Jehovah and the Last d same goes with 2:8 while Rev. 22:13 is talking about Jehovah which goes with isaiah 44:6.
Heb 3:1 refer 2 Jesus as an apostle, 3 Consequently, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the apostle and high priest whom we acknowledge—Jesus. 2 He was faithful to the One who appointed him, just as Moses also was in all the house of that One.
Does these make Jesus apostles the same rank with him? No. Lest I forget verse 2 says "he faithful to the one who appointed him". Abegi who appointed him? Himself? Lols

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2016
solite3:
I guess the truth has hit you that's why you trying so hard to cover up.

I showed clearly that Jesus is the true God yet you could not but spew hatred just as your father the devil hates God so much.

Hahaha JESUS is the true God.

Remember without him you are going straight to hell!

haha who doesnt know you are a liar just like your religion. See your holybook contradicting itself , if Jesus is true God , Jesus lied by calling his Father ONLY true God . keep exposing your religion for what it is .

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2016
solite3:
you can insult God but you can't change his word.

The word of God remains
JESUS is God!

you are asking , are they really gods ? Hahahaha bullshit !

God - ye are Gods

Solite3 - are they really gods ?

Arguing with the bible god. Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Please show us where I said that Jesus is not the true GOD. Provide the quote.

I should quote what I did. Not say you do, are you okay ?

Provide where I said you said " Jesus is not the true God" ?

Please do , cos I know you have not admit the fact logically if Father of Jesus is ONLY TRUE God , that render Jesus a false God . but I know you wont use your head to comprehend , all you will do is deny without evidence

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49456103][/quote]

are you telling me that the writers of the bible are stack illiterates ? . how can the Almighty God be subjected and be handing over his Kingdom? grin How can the Almighty God still call someone " My God " ? grin

Its either you are the illiterate here, or your bible writers

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2016
jnrbayano:

Are you sure you read and understood what you quoted?

I pointed you to just a verse among many where the Holy Spirit inspired St Paul to call Jesus God.

Is the bone of contention no longer if Jesus is God?
1. Except pagans, infant Christians, state/official Christians and church mythology no serious researcher has ever agreed that Jesus is God. He is Godlike, yes, Messenger or son of God, yes but God, No.
2. You never pointed to any verse where the Holy Spirit inspired St Paul to call Jesus God. You only explained in your own viewpoint what you think is what the verse is saying and millions other researchers and spirit filled worshipers disagree with you. Let's not be dogmatic.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Mosaic laws are different from GOD's laws
. (Read 2 Kings 21:8; Dan. 9:11). The two laws were even kept separate in the Ark of Covenant.(Read Exod. 25:16; Deut. 31:24-26). GOD commanded and Moses commanded. smiley

Mosaic laws are different from GOD's laws.?

la ilaha illallah muhammadur rasulullah lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Brother, you can now believe what you want, okay?

Happy Sabbath! smiley
God Bless you. wink wink Shun Anger, Hate. Happy Holy Sabbath cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Jozzy4: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2016
truthislight:
I was waiting for this from you, i was so grateful that you got this clearly spelt out.

it may not benefit those you are talking to right now on the thread, but, to other honest hearted individuals reading this now or later, it will be very obvious to them what the truth is as far as the Bible is concern.

The deceit and dead conscience in people is very deep.

well done.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2016
barny95,

You said the First and the Last in Rev. 22:13 is Jehovah the Almighty. The Same exact name is applied to Jesus Christ in Rev.2:8.

Yet you say Jesus is not equal to GOD.

Can there be two Firsts and Two Lasts? sad

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Jesus was talking about being the first to be resurrected to immortality in Rev. 1:17-18? Did Jesus say in that text that He is the first to be resurrected to immortality? sad

Isa. 44:6 reserves the title "First and Last" to Jehovah. Yet, Rev. 2:8 calls Jesus Christ the First and the Last. What does that mean?

If He is the First to be resurrected to immortality, He is the Last to do what?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2016
solite3:
buhari has a domain in which he is the president, Obama can't be the President of that domain and vice versa.

God's domain is his creation

God cannot be the m ighty God of his domain and yet another being is also the mighty God.
Dolphinheart can it happen?
the reason or area in not what we are discussing , if buhari is in the U.S, he will still be called the president!

your logic is false, you say jesus is not the father , so jesus is not the same being as the father, so we have 2 beings, yet both are called mighty God!. false teachings cannot stand scrutiny!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply)

Kwaku Bonsam: ‘I Killed TB Joshua In A Spiritual Battle’ (Video) / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.