Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (79903 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
Emusan:

@bold-but it isn't a threat to tell someone that Jehovah will soon destroy over 6 Billions people in Armageddon?

So If God wasn't going to "destroy" the earth, you wouldn't have been a christian?

People should repent because hell is real or because God's worth worshiping willingly?

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
freshcvvs:

So If God wasn't going to "destroy" the earth, you wouldn't have been a christian?

People should repent because hell is real or because God's worth worshiping willingly?

Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
solite3:

Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

How does this answer my question or is this an issue of comprehension?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
freshcvvs:

Who said he or she became a Christian for fear of hell?

Do you know that GOD will hold you responsible if you refuse to tell people about hell and they end up in hell?

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand." Ezek. 3:17-18.

The Bible says "And the times of ignorance GOD winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent..." Acts 17:30

Why?

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness..." verse 31.

WARN THE SINNER!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
freshcvvs:

why did Jesus preached about hell fire?
If you can answer me I will give you and.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
freshcvvs:

If you can answer me I will give you ans
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
solite3:
If you can answer me I will give you ans

The hell fire is not real fire this man or would you say the plucking of eyes he said too is the real eye-removing?

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who said he or she became a Christian for fear of hell?

Do you know that GOD will hold you responsible if you refuse to tell people about hell and they end up in hell?

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand." Ezek. 3:17-18.

The Bible says "And the times of ignorance GOD winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent..." Acts 17:30

Why?

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness..." verse 31.

WARN THE SINNER!

comprehension!

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by true2god: 4:40am On Sep 14, 2016
firestar:
I don't tolerate rude behaviour Emusan.
You will be addressed as one lacking courtesy in manner of speech.

You of all people should discern that if you require answers, at least be polite.
You are not addressing the issue at hand but instead you are talking about someone being rude to you as if you are a boss to anyone here. Please address the issues being raised against the JW fallacies and stop deflecting.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by true2god: 4:46am On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

The verses didn't support ur allegation of a heresy.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2016
freshcvvs:

The hell fire is not real fire this man or would you say the plucking of eyes he said too is the real eye-removing?
so Jesus was preaching what is not real?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Emusan(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2016
freshcvvs:

And where did you read it from my post that people should become Christian because God will destroy the earth

Repentance doesn't amount to worshipping God willingly but to save everyone from that day God has chosen to judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS by the man Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Emusan:

And where did you read it from my post that people should become Christian because God will destroy the earth

Repentance doesn't amount to worshipping God willingly but to save everyone from that day God has chosen to judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS by the man Jesus Christ.

1- That was directed to the person i quoted, why are you doing ITK?
2- So of what essence is repentance if not for worship purposes? ABI nobi worship he requires from his children here on earth and even aftermath?

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by freshcvvs: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2016
solite3:
so Jesus was preaching what is not real?

Parables, Symbolism, Irony. most of what he preached on were not to be taken literally.

What i know is that serving God out of fear is compulsion, meaning you wouldn't have served or repented if "hell threat" wasn't included.

7 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
truthislight:

The sins of Adam have been forgiven to all sons of Adam by means of Christ Ransom sacrifice. Hence, the sin of all sons of Adam have been forgiven. All sons of Adam stands clean be for Yahweh. All sons of Adam have access to Yahweh through Jesus christ.

But the prospect of having Eternal life is open to only those that make use of this oppurtunity to make a good name with Yahweh through Jesus Christ.

Hence, the sins of all those that will be save at Armageddon were forgiven when they were alive and accepted Jesus and followed his examples. They got Baptized, they continued exercising faith in Jesus Ransom sacrifice.

Not accepting the son means DEATH.

Peace

Emusan:

You're even complicating the issue the more.

JWs always quote Rom 6:23a "For the wages of sin is death;..." which means once a person died the person had paid for his/her sins.

Please, which sins these people paid for again if Jehovah had already forgiven the sons of Adam's sin

Unless if you don't want to tell me that your organization don't use this particular verse to proof forgiveness of people's sins.

And it also means nobody living on earth before/after Jesus' death sins against Jehovah anymore...that's wonderful!!!

You may have to read my post above again.

I had written that "the sins of Adam has been forgiven the sons of Adam through Jesus ransom sacrifice".

The fact that ones sins and crime has been forgiven does not mean that the person will always not face the consequences. David was forgiven for instance, the baby still died etc.

It was not because of our/humans sins that caused Yahweh separation from man, it was that of Adam's. Hence, we can now access Yahweh directly through Jesus Christ that has paid for that.

That the sins of Adam has been forgiven does not mean that the imperfection and its consequences are no longer with imperfect humans. Humans still pays for the consequences pending when all the benefit of Jesus ransom sacrifices have been fully applied, and that will be in God's Kingdom when death and the likes have passed away. Rev 21:4.

Again, since it is only the removal of Adam sins that serves as a Barrier between man and Yahweh that has been removed, the stipulated consequences for sins is still operational, Namely: "the wages of sins is death", hence, all sons of Adam continue with that consequences pending when the arrival of the Kingdom.

I cant really say how you understood my write up above, why you understand Roman 6:7 otherwise.

If someone were to steal a Chicken, and was sentence to a year in prison for that stealing, why on earth should he still pay for the chicken on coming out from prison? Nope! he wont.

In similar fashion, since the wages of sin is death, why will someone still bear the consequences of sin after dying?

Well, that is what the Bible says, it is not my words.

That basis of dying and forgiving of ones sins is the basis of Baptism and coming out on a fresh start. Dipping in water(Grave) and coming out.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by firestar(f): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
true2god:
You are not addressing the issue at hand but instead you are talking about someone being rude to you as if you are a boss to anyone here. Please address the issues being raised against the JW fallacies and stop deflecting.

Good afternoon True2god.

Graciousness is an attractive quality. Please note that.

What are your questions?

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

I don't agree, even the apostles had wrong expectation. Act 1:6. Christians in Thessalonians had wrong expectation too. 2thes 2:1-2.
Pls quote your scriptures out.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

I don't agree, even the apostles had wrong expectation. Act 1:6. Christians in Thessalonians had wrong expectation too. 2thes 2:1-2.
Pls quote your scriptures out. Lets see wat they say if there are within context.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=freshcvvs post=49345793]

Parables, Symbolism, Irony. most of what he preached on were not to be taken literally.
explain this verse

Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

What i know is that serving God out of fear is compulsion, meaning you wouldn't have served or repented if "hell threat" wasn't included.
so when you preach about how God is going to destroy humans at Armageddon it is not threat.
Mean while answer my question.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
Anas09:

Pls quote your scriptures out. Lets see wat they say if there are within context.

How will quoting it out show whether it is within context or not? Read it and tell me what you understand to the contrary.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

How will quoting it out show whether it is within context or not? Read it and tell me what you understand to the contrary.
Oga, if you are making a point using a scripture to back it, the aensible thing to so is to post what it says, not just the book and chapter, how do u expect me to ooen a Bible wen am not at home?
Wen i see what u posted i'll know if the Scripture supports your point. Somany quote scriptures out of context to decieve.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
firestar:
Commendable work you're doing JMAN05.
Really?lolzzz
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
firestar:
I don't tolerate rude behaviour Emusan.
You will be addressed as one lacking courtesy in manner of speech.

You of all people should discern that if you require answers, at least be polite.
Okay. No vex. Sorry for his rudeness, Oya answer the question.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
kevoh:

Your post reeks of hypocrisy, self-righteousness and promotion of hatred. Very typical of christians of the pentecostal stock! Your so-called pastor is not one of worthy emulation either. He should be promoting peace and not teaching people to utter hate comments. No one is better or worse than anyone.
From my experience, I'm ready to transact businesses with JWs without much fear of being scammed than transact with someone who calls himself ''Pastor''. Once you mention ''Pastor'', I stay more alert!
Leave pastors out of this, lets talk here. U cant talk without mentioning pastors?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

I don't read his post. So I don't know his claim. Am barred from discussing with an apostate. 1cor 5:11.
Do you think if Jesus took this your stance Peter would have been restored back faith?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:
JMAN05,

You Jehovah Witnesses say Proverbs 8:22-30 is talking about Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 1:30 says "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of GOD is made unto us wisdom..." The Bible makes it clear that to us, Jesus Christ is the wisdom of GOD.

Now my question: was Wisdom created?

Please don't quote your JW NWT bible for me. Quote the Authorized version or any other popular version.

Wisdom was not created. God has always been wise. However, Prov 8 states that wisdom was created. Since God has always been wise, don't you think that that proverb 8:22 is talking about a spirit person? ("The Lord created and possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old [were accomplished]" according to [i]Amplifier Bible[/I])

If you also consider the context of that scripture and the 1corinthians you quoted above, don't you see reason to believe that Jesus is the wisdom personified spoken of there who was created?

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jozzy4:

This liar again , @ bold Show me where Russell claimed to be the leader of Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Ohhh, is he not your founder?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jozzy4:

when you think you are wise , you become a fool !

from the link

" Among that group of sincere Bible students was a man named Charles Taze Russell. While Russell took the lead in the Bible education work at that time and was the first editor of The Watchtower , he [Russell] was not the founder of a new religion. The goal of Russell and the other Bible Students, as the group was then known, was to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow the practices of the first-century Christian congregation. Since Jesus is the Founder of Christianity, we view him as the founder of our organization.— Colossians 1:18-20 "
* bracket mine

didn't you see the bold ? grin
So what did he find, if not a religion? Isnt JW a religion?
Okay wait, who wrote that excerpt? Isn't it a JW?
I asked a JW once who started JW organization, he said Righteous Abel who was killed by cane. I laughed. Now you are here trying to lie. Like i expected that a JW will say the truth.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Anas09: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
truthislight:

The word Eternal and everlasting is Futuristic and not necessarily concern with the past.

For instance, God said he will give humans Eternal live/Ever-lasting life, does that in any way suggest that the people that will be given this Eternal life had always existed?

If No, why are you concluding that calling Jesus Eternal/everlasting father implies that he had always existed?

Again, have you ever wondered what Adam would have been had he not sinned against Yahweh? Well, he would still have remained as our father to this day and for ever. What then would we have been calling him? Answer = He would have remain as our Eternal father.

But, as it is, Jesus bought over what Adam lost, hence, took over his place of being our father. So, Jesus became our Eternal Father.

If you look closely, you would notice that though Adam would have remained our Eternal father, that does not mean that Adam had always existed either.

So, Jesus being called Eternal/Everlasting Father, does not mean that Jesus had always existed.

Please, do not confused Eternity with eternal.

Have you ever seen were humans are being promised ETERNITY in the bible?

It is only Yahweh that is called King of Eternity

Peace.
Speculations, speculations, speculations. Stop speculating spirituality. Drop scriptures.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by oglalasioux(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
Give me one reason, without quoting the bible, why we must take the bible serious.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by daclint(m): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Katier00:
why don't your people marry from other denominations or you guys doing the same

This one dey on point cuz im currently dating a jehovah witness.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Officialkenshin(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:
There seem to be many questions on this board regarding the bible, God, lifestyle, science etc, answers have also been offered. However, you might get a reasonable answer to your questions if you try and see how Jehovah's Witnesses proffer solution to those questions.

Of course, reading from our websites, can assist you with an authoritative answer from the field of JWs. (ie, www.jw.org; tv.jw.org; wol.jw.org). Jehovah's witnesses also have an application which can help someone read different versions of the bible like KJV, Bryington, ASV etc. You can also download our journals in ur own language inside this app and watch some videos. Go to play store and search for JWLibrary app.

The witnesses in ur vicinity can also assist in answering your questions. You can also send me an email for a quiet discussion devoid of distractions common in Nairaland.

But you can post ur questions here too, let's see how we can handle it, but please be civil and open minded. I won't respond to apostates or apostate sites or those I view to be unserious. I might end it if one is insincere.

I do not have answers to every question. Others like Biblespeaks, dolphinheart, truthislight can contribute also.

Brethren
Please visit this website and read through it

www.exposingchristianity.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

MEME ZONE: Atheists Let's Unwind / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.