Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249393 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ George D,

I know u have answered most of these questions, but pls where do I now move my dish to (left or right ) from w3a position.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
@obijack,
Move your dish to the right, i.e your west. Presently if your dish is facing w3a, then it is @7E. The east is where the sun rises in the morning. To track nilesat @7W you need to move it in the opposite direction to the west (where the sun sets in the evening).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
Thank you George. Will keep the house posted.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
@all any live match today
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
All, lay my hands on a new rave box 2day courtsey of a friend. d box gives d following stations 4 free without u having to mount any dish or antenna outside. E entertaiment, discovery world, Bet, trace, france 24, animux. etc. am sory guys dis info wil only b shared toregisterf, trusted and tested members only . if interested u can holla me or met me at d backyard.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
@al,
Just bought dis 4669x, do i just plug n enta tps or i ave to input some things?
B4 it works.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2010
phizz:

@al,
Just bought dis 4669x, do i just plug n enta tps or i ave to input some things?
B4 it works.
@phizz, welcome 2 da club of mpeg 4, if u have more than one dish installed, configure your diseq switch first, otherwise just enter your frequencies and enjoy !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
prince paris:

@BUTONEDAY. Chairman, please can i have your number.

@ Prince Paris,
I am presently in the jungle and out of GSM footprint. Just post your number or send it to my box and I will call you as soon as I get it.
butoneday@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ my Ogas, Pls what qualifies one to be a backyard member? I hereby forward my application 4 your consideration sirs. I desperately need 2 ask some questions.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mecussey(m): 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
May I ask here; Hitv is interested in destroying people's businesses and raiding viewing centers instead of bringing up value worth money, forgetting some of the risks associated with monopoly (Hacking). If someone develops an electronic device, which does not need an Hitv smartcard or subscription to watch pay tv channels especially Hitv channels, who is going to be held responsible? This is exactly what future satellite technology tells, Dstv read the signal earlier and have already fortified themselves. When it hits, they would just erase all earlier Zeta versions, but Hitv sorry. Conax keys changes approximately every 10 seconds and almost all the keys are known. Before mid 2011, some devices I cannot mention here may be at Alaba market, what all you need is to get one and insert into your Strong decoder. Hitv, I would not want your business to crumble, please go meet with Conax guys and narrate my story; some guys in Niger are close to China. If I explain this technically, all eyes will be opened; it's just a simple possible thing and it's already existing, tested and working. Moderator, if you don't like this; please delete it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
obijack:

@George D and All

Regarding my Nilesat tracking, no luck yet. I have been able to nail W3a and the quality was upto 60 on my 4653x and close to 70  on my daarbox.

What I will like to know now is do I move the dish (2.4m) futher to the right or left because the thing  is almost completely facing the heavens.

And also I will need a very strong TP(s) (apart from dubai 1 and city 7) for the nile tracking. (Please  the freq., pol, and symbol rate).

Thanks.

@ obijack,

make sure u dish is properly allined for a good track because with what u said u are getting on w3a for a start is too weak.at least u should have gotten up to 90 on w3.

i would suggest u track from nss7 then move down and left to nile.its more easier.u will hit green of 98 % on nss7.then move to nile with a strong t.p then u are in.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
Blindscanning na patience kill am o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
olofofo,badaru,dejsam and officer,i hail ooooo. Ola na wahoo so your new yrs resolution na to keep away ,i dey feel you anything hope you are keping well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
Am not sure what dish size you should use to track Badr, but make sure you use the frequency of Abu dhabi's 11804H or preferably KTV's 12523H.
They are the strongest Tps I use to track with 90.
@ayu:
Please, my guy where ya location? Also, wetin be d symbol rates for these two important tps which you just post? Thank you o in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hey guys,

I am in kenya, I have set top box named Eurovox LITE 2S. This box can open the Multichoice scramble channels.

I do not know how it works. You need two dishs. one is for W7, the other is for W3A.

I do not know the receivers are in west africa.
@Robbie81
Throw more light on your eurovox box plz.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
@All:
Please, how do I post a reply to a post such that the name and time of the post I am replying to comes on at the top of the quote? Thankx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2010
w2a available on my 2.4m mesh here in owerri signal strength is abt 67 percent max, 2nd tp yet to appear, signal goes down in the morning, decoder model is 4669x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
@all,

this is a good news for us all in some few months to come

Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) participates in The Middle East & North Africa Satellite Show (CABSAT) on 2nd-4th March at Dubai World Trade Center.

Eng. Khalid Balkheyour president&CEO of Arabsat, said that “Arabsat is always keen to participate in the specialized exhibitions to offer new services in the field of satellites business such as digital television, HDTV, broadband services and many other services in addition to highlighting the unique features of its satellites including the different coverages currently available or will be carried on the new Arabsat fleet. It is planned to launch two new satellites during the next two months, to expand the capacities of Arabsat fleet, to cover the entire African continent, and to provide emergency reserved capacities in orbit. Also two other satellites will be launched in 2011, 2012, respectively, reaching Arabsat Investments in upgrading its fleet up to $ 1.6 billion.”
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2010
Dejsam:

@all,

this is a good news for us all in some few months to come

Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) participates in The Middle East & North Africa Satellite Show (CABSAT) on 2nd-4th March at Dubai World Trade Center.

Eng. Khalid Balkheyour president&CEO of Arabsat, said that “Arabsat is always keen to participate in the specialized exhibitions to offer new services in the field of satellites business such as digital television, HDTV, broadband services and many other services in addition to highlighting the unique features of its satellites including the different coverages currently available or will be carried on the new Arabsat fleet. It is planned to launch two new satellites during the next two months, to expand the capacities of Arabsat fleet, to cover the entire African continent, and to provide emergency reserved capacities in orbit. Also two other satellites will be launched in 2011, 2012, respectively, reaching Arabsat Investments in upgrading its fleet up to $ 1.6 billion.”
@Dejsam, that means better reception of nilesat n badra signals in our region, i wonder how our (pay every month) guys would take these pieace now !!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ dejsam

may be dats why they are doing evrytin possible now b4 dem 'spoil market' patapata for them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
@all

Longest time, you can now watch any football match live on www.ilemi.com but you most have a good internet service like my own, i do watch match live everyday on this site.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2010
segunfms:

@all

Longest time, you can now watch any football match live on www.ilemi.com but you most have a good internet service like my own, i do match live everyday on this site.

THIS SITE IS VERY GOOD. I HAVE BEEN USING IT TOO. GOOD JOB segunfms
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fijabi(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ All, pls i bought strong 4669x this mid-week ,but for my system information ,
Model:SRT 4669X+
S/W:1.05p(Aug 27 2009)
H/W:1.00
Boot Version:1.20
CH Version:AUG 26 2009.
pls my fear is that( +)at back of 4669x pls did anybody notice that ,i want try to known either is fake though i bougth form srong dealer.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2010
fijabi:

@ All, pls i bought strong 4669x this mid-week ,but for my system information ,
Model:SRT 4669X+
S/W:1.05p(Aug 27 2009)
H/W:1.00
Boot Version:1.20
CH Version:AUG 26 2009.
pls my fear is that( +)at back of 4669x pls did anybody notice that ,i want try to known either is fake though i bougth form srong dealer.
@fijabi, have no fears, your reciever is authentic, do whatever u want with it !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2010
@all Crtv are reporting to bring 45 channels dis march r we goin 2 get al dis.da includes sport,movies,music and lot more i jus hope God of Fta wil c us thru.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hello house,quite an age? Just bought a new SRT 4669x. Proud to join d mpeg 4 family. Watching joy news now astra2b. George,enitan, i hail o!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ALL, CRTV is on the verge of going the way of mult tv next month, a set top box and dish coming soon and remember its view for free. 2010, a year for the hobbist !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
The sr for that badr4degree east is 27500 but pls i want to nail dat bird in da mornin 2mor were is the bird facing starting from astra2b.i want to use my 90cm.pls help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by biggbrozz: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
alancruise:

Hello house,quite an age? Just bought a new SRT 4669x. Proud to join d mpeg 4 family. Watching joy news now astra2b. George,enitan, i hail o!
pls,Could you kindly help me out with the tp you got multitv with.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2010
aka tonero:

The sr for that badr4degree east is 27500 but pls i want to nail dat bird in da mornin 2mor were is the bird facing starting from astra2b.i want to use my 90cm.pls help.
@aka tonero, did u say these ? What kind of badra is at 4 degrees that u want to nail with 90cm ? pls tell da house exactly what u want so u can get help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ hopitinto,
@ ibaku,

will crtv remain on mpeg2 or will dey also go mpeg4 ?.
You guyz shud not put your minds to 2moro, nxt week ,next month or months. Dont shout hurray yet until u see the channels.
No be today crtv dey shout say dey go add channel !!!. Lets just hope,wait & see,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ibaku on page 101 i.e previous page Ayu mention he used 90 to get mbc channels using KTV frequency to nail d bird.please if i m wrong correct me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.