Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250660 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2010
George_D how you dey ? cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2010
obijack:

@Toba,

I will advice u go for an mpeg 4 receiver because daar comm has been silent on what happened to daarsat.

Go for Strong 4669.   Aside that the daar box is married with the card so no  other card can be used on it.
Thks so how much is an mpeg4 new/grade A fairly used. Or if any forum member wants/knows anyone dat want to sell should contact me i want to buy this week
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2010
Thanks pofolo will get back 2 u soon
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 3:27am On Mar 02, 2010
@ george-d,
on f2v, na d truest talk u yarn oga mi !!!

@ p-p,
send ur direct number via txt to 08023032256. Will get back to u.

@ toba,
for anything on price, buyin & sellin check technology market on d forum,u r sure of answers there fast.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 10:06am On Mar 02, 2010
@pofolo thanks,their west africa beam looks funny just like you said,will try some hand on deck.

@George hw far,just dey jolly alone,no forget ur wafi bros ooohh,just see say Adewest dey hail you,whats gwan?

@peeps in the house I salute
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2010
@ all,

power just came back afta 3 days, my crtv is red while gtv is 82% & all multi tv green also tho audio. Is it like dat everywhere, are they changing tp or just upgrading, or wat is wrong wit crtv
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2010
@pofolo it has been like that for over a week,off and on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2010
pofolo:

@ all,

power just came back afta 3 days, my crtv is red while gtv is 82% & all multi tv green also tho audio. Is it like dat everywhere, are they changing tp or just upgrading, or wat is wrong wit crtv

I have not been experiencing this at my end, in fact CRTV is more stable, reduced cracking
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 11:59am On Mar 02, 2010
@pofolo

As at 11pm yesterday, I still watched both crtv and all multitv channels are OK. I watched   JUST CAUSE on JOY TV and  ALONG CAME A SPIDER (movie) on CRTV.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2010
@all,

Any member around ogudu or Ojota area should come help in tracking my Nilesat because the thing seems to be eluding me. w3a on the 2.4 pan is 72-74%. I don't know if its because the thing is very close to the house or what. It is like 2.5 feet away from the wall of the house. But w3a is full without issues.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2010
@obijack, i recall dejsam telling u to track from the west using nss 7 as starting point, its closer to nile than w3 in terms of azimuth. Just make sure ur set up is ok by hitting 98% on the first tp on nss 7 ku and if u are standing in front of ur dish move gradually to ur right and up untill u see the sign, dont even know the equipments u are using ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by maskuraid(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
good day peeps,

good job y'all r doin here. i 'm not an FTA hobbyist like most of u guys but i follow dis thread religiously to keep myself updated.its like inhalin 3rd party smoke to get high for me. grin.thing is i'm lookin at gettin a big dish (3m) installed later in d year which would be devoted to nilesat,is there any other bird i can combine wit it on d same dish?(not motorised dish o).or can anyone suggest how i can get optimum service from dt one dish w/o motorising it. about time one stops feedin all dis pay tv pple wit hard earned dough,

keep doin good brothers, its d only way we'll move forward.

peace!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
adewest:

George_D how you dey ? cool

I dey ooooo! How far your end?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2010
@sayso,
I no forget you ooooo! I been dey enjoy you for the other forum until you come disappear! grin

How far about your astra 2b? Hope madam still dey enjoy cine afrika? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ sayso,
@ microgiant,
@ obijack,

crtv came back on air about an hour ago apologizin dat it was due to fault beyond their control .
Thanks to u all.

@ all,
touba tv on sirius4 on globecast tp.
Also 12631 h 3254.

On w3a
kg durban morning wit 11183v2997 . Was showin fifa & sa pres in 1 of d 2010 stadium.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2010
@George-D, olofofo,adewest et al, kind regards. pls my 1.8 m dish motorised falls when moved to the west, what do i do to make it track upto 50deg west without falling off the jack, thanks

@twinskenny, congrats and happy married life
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
@sammu,
I had a similar problem with my COMSTAR dish early in season 3.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.160.html#msg3571366

What I did was to change the flat bar on the neck from horizontal to vertical and I also adjusted the limit switch on the jack to give more travel lenght on the east and west.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.320.html#msg3606300
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Sammu,

sammu:

@George-D, olofofo,adewest et al, kind regards. pls my 1.8 m dish motorised falls when moved to the west, what do i do to make it track upto 50deg west without falling off the jack, thanks

@twinskenny, congrats and happy married life

YOU MAY NEED TO GET HEAVY DUTY JACK(36INCHES).THE 24 INCH JACK TAKES U UP TO 37.5 DEG WEST.HOPE THIS HELPS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
@george enjoyment for this FTA brekete for ground,those wafi guys done appear again but I noticed that their showtime is off,has got to do with the HiTv stuff guys were talking about last week in the forum?so much more should not be for DSTV but for FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Ibaku

My equipment is strong 2.4m pan and it is not motorised  the problem is that as a result of space constraints it is sitting on 4 mounted polls  which is supported by  my fence.   Though I can't say turning it is easy but it's much of a problem.

However, since I was able to get W3a, it that a guarantee that regardless of nearness to the wall as explined above that  tracking Nile is very certain.

I am contemplating getting an installer to assist but I am being restrained by the fact that I want to do it on my own to experience the joy I felt when I tracked Astra 2B, Sirius, W3a others I've been able to hunt down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
@obijack, ok i feel u but if its possible u can post a photo of the dish while it is in that w3 position, make sure u get the fence and the westside, let everyone here have a birds eye view of what difficulties u are having with d nile. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Ibaku,

I already have the pics in my fone just misplaced my USB cord but I am sure to do that soon.

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2010
sayso:

@george enjoyment for this FTA brekete for ground,those wafi guys done appear again but I noticed that their showtime is off,has got to do with the HiTv stuff guys were talking about last week in the forum?so much more should not be for DSTV but for FTA.

@sayso,
I almost forgot that those guys are still transmitting. With all these packages I have, I hardly need them cheats dictating to me which stations to watch and what not to watch. There is nothing better than being your own 'provider' I tell you! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2010
abeg sayso jamisi,i wanna enjoy with u guys,wetin dey on board======
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ekonibaje(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
George d , i dey salute,with my royal crown,badaru,olofofo,polofo,adewest,toxnaija,sirius will soon come out with der varieties soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
To all those who remember my nile project, these are updated pictures.

My nile project has been resurrected after so many petitions being leveled against the contractor of mismanagement. By sunday all will be done.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2010
For those that will be asking questions, here is what i've done.

The first picture was the the flat surface that was mounted on the pole which was meant to serve as the surface where the base of the 2.4m PAN strong dish. So after so much deliberation, i thought instead of going for the PAN dish, why not i go for fibre dish which costs lower than the PAN, its just 25k i moulded it. So i had to cut off that surface cos it wont really fit in for the fibre dish i now opted for. So what i have left is just a standing pole, so that the neck of the fibre dish will fit in on the pole.

All thanks to adeexy my paddie, who has been of tremendous help to me, inlcude in the list are twinsty, badaru, olofofo, microgiant et cetera that have contributed both financially and morally to me during the course of this project.

Merci a toute le monde, thanks to everybody
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ALL BRAZIL VRS IRELAND on NT1 on W2A at 10 deg east
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2010
@sammu
long time no hear.i was going 2 follow ur lead on d dealer in oshodi the other day but other things came up.how are you doing?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2010
@sammu
long time no hear.i was going 2 follow ur lead on d dealer in oshodi the other day but other things came up.how are you doing?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Enitan2002:
My guy, more grease to your elbows and Godspeed towards the sweet and successful conclusion of the project. Only shortfall here is that your pics were not well uploaded in your post for one cannot open them or was it deliberate? Make you finally come dey enjoy Nilesat ooooo. Nice day to you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2010
@sammu

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.