Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (255259 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2010
@George-D and adex, thanks, am grateful
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2010
@all pls i need a fairly used 4999x or HD receiver before friday.I ve made d request on Technology mkt but no response.Any1 with info should help out.
Thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
@olason,
wats your number?
with regards to the box and the rest,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2010
@ seunoluomo,

seun,that question was extensively dealt wit between december 2009 & early jan 2010 on this forum by gurus, prince paris can bear me witness. All u av 2 do is trace & read frm mid december.
Best of luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
greetings to all Hunters on this forum
I called Strong Solutions Ltd Abuja yesterday, and inquire for the price of the 4669x.
I was told it goes for 16K, though I would have to pay in the bank
I foresee the price coming down.
Its tym I joine the house to jolly the mpeg 4 signal
Hope you have a great day
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2010
Phizz, u can reach me on 08033231671
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2010
kiss@sholasong
You to beat butoneday(the king of FTA)?, that will be the day.Anyway sha all the best.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2010
This is off Topic, Guys!!

shocked I have not been to this forum for sometime now, but something extremely disturbing caught my eyes on my return today. Enitan2002, what on God's green earth is this I see on your Profile? See below. 

enitan2002 (f)
Nirvana

Na so u seek attention reach, abi u no laiki to be man again? I maybe wrong? I thought you were a MAN not a girl!! sad
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2010
F-Marshal,
it is nice to hear from you again on the forum after almost one year.i wanted to ask Enitan if he has done a sex change.i think it is either a trick to catch his fishes or he is no longer straight/or was never straight!

Enitan,
i hope your dish no go fall on top of that backyard building.pls put a warning sign there especially when the weather becomes stormy.hope baba ijebu no go complain sha!

Olason,
i wish i was in Naija to grab the box too.how does it work?can the signal be received nationwide?i just cant understand how it could work without an antenna or dish outside.pls explain.how is baby?him for don grow tall reach me sef!

Moderator,
still no explanation on why my post on CTL/NBC court latest report was removed.it is discouraging.it is like telling some of us our contributions are not valued.pls let me no my offence over the issue.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fxproff(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
Good day every1 , what a long time no see on this forum,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2010
all,
yesterday was my birthday, went to the office briefly, back home early, i was at the roof top from 6pm till 11:30pm, though my wife was mad at me expecting that i would be with her and our 2 weeks old baby boy so that we can have fun throughout the day, but i was able to put into use all i learnt from here.i was able to nail sirius and w3a with 1m dish.thanks all,
The installer guy that use to do all of the installation for me at 5k per visit could not believe it, i can now say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to myself
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
@sholasong, happy birthday and congrats on your feat, keep tracking
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2010
Toxbaba, how u dey bros? don't wory when u land naija would reserve one 4u. d box is a digital H.264 dvb-t which uses video gateway technology. d providers use mass to re-transsmit its signal. d box has an inbuilt decoding system that lock up 2 d signal immediately u switch it on. it's half d side of our strong box. u can move it frm one room to d other without any hitch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
Buteoneday, tanx 4 ur cal. Olofofo am stil in d office would send it 2u as soon as i get home@ Enitan u wil ned dis box too o because one bad adult movie dey there too@ Oga badaru, would come 2 c u dis sunday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ olason
how much does the box cost and the list of channels viewable, i might want to get one and try it out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ all

does anyone know if it is possible to use the dish for INTERNET for sattelite tv by removing the BUC and replacing it with an LNB, will it work?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
@olason, this box must be a wonder, i hope the programmes on it are not preloaded- no dish, no antenna? pls furnish us the price, so we can add it to our fta setup. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2010
I've never tried it but Im very sure it will work. Just try and feed us back.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
@sholasong, u can use internet dish, but u must get the focal length right.
note that most internet dishes are off-set . once the focal lenght is correct, the dish will throw up signal
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
olason:

d box is a digital H.264 dvb-t which uses video gateway technology.  d providers use mass to re-transsmit its signal.  d box has an inbuilt decoding system that lock up 2 d signal immediately u switch it on. it's half d side of our strong box. u can move it frm one room to d other without any hitch.  

this box is a DVB-T box and all the programs are the ones available on W2A currently, i think they will be using W2A as downlink and with time all channels on W2A (Satellite Telecommunications Network - STN http://www.stn.eu/) will be encrypted and the DVB-T signal also, this was how the cable operators started broadcasting unencrypted signals - just buy yagi antenna and you were good to go.  Those with Strong SRT4910 should be able to receive the signal as it has a DVB-T tuner, that's the major difference with Strong SRT4900.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by maskuraid(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
@olason

hw much b dis wonder box and hw we fit get am?hope it wont suddenly suddenly stop workin sha,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ sholasong,

dat is d madness & gr8 spirit behind fta trackin. Gud u got 'mad' on ur b'day, It wil b hard 4 u to 4get, hapi b'day.

@ prince paris
thanks 4 d call, u r apriciated,
Dem neva stil bring light.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BANKY77NG(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am in dubai and i was able to see some FTA stuff I was in an satellite Exhibition yesterday (CABSAT 2010). A lot of guys, operators almost all decoder producers were there (echolink, Star, Strong, AZBOX, Dreambox ipbox, technosat, eurostar and so on, and of course the chinese guys, if you ask them for price they ask  you how many containers you want. What i found out the chine produce for the other guys, and customize it for them , if i had N2 million a decoder in my name will be selling in lagos in april, it was a great thing. One Chine guy actually showed me a decoder that opens all encryped channels dual tuner he called it, told me also its illegal in most countries . It was a great sight, saw decoders of About $15 dollars (FTA only ) saw DREAMBOX  $500 , i will be visiting the satelitte market tommorow, in Al Nakheel, Diera, Dubai. Will try and by one or two recievers maybe i will sell one keep one bye guys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
@all,pls i wanna know where to locate 2m national that plays premiership on weekends,is there going to be live fa cup between chelsea and stoke city on any FTA channels
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2010
@George D, Ibaku  and all,

Below are the pictures of my 2.4m pan setup for Nilesat. Though they are not very clear but I am sure they will tell a lot about  my doubts about getting Nilesat.

At the moment, my W3a is  hitting 79-89%. Again I ask how possible will it be to get Nile  when the thing is so close to the  house. Otherwise recommend other birds on the east side that has entertainment as I am not much of a football person.

Your opinions, advice and recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Also, cutting the tree in the picture is totally out of the question as that tree is in another compound in another street.

Thanks all.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2010
more pics,

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
And more,

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
finally, this is the distance of the dish from the wall of the house.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ obijack,

from looking at your picture, getting nile signal is as easy as hitting the anus of a fish if you are a sharp shooter. From the picture, all i can see is that the dish inclination is away from the building and not towards the building. Track nss7 ku and use that as your refrence point, use 10986V, 30000 and from there input the weakest frequency for nilesat and track from there. you are good to go, i've seen worse scenarios of these kind and still able to nail down the nile signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
You guys here have given me a bad name on this thread ooo, you can olason specifically mentioning my name cos of an adult movie, I'm a well respected member in the religion thread, so pls oooo cleanse me from the dirts that you guys have associated me with ooooo.

@ olason,
baba oooo, how far? Shed more light on that yur wonder decoder, there're some things you are still hiding from us here, tell us the price and how many channels we can watch.

And to those who have been asking how long will it be opened, in FTA we dont ask that question,
the motto of FTA if you dont know is this:

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by foxteroh: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2010
Lets rebrand nigeria. It begins with u. I want to use this medium to ask installers to contribute their quota in rebranding fta by locking the so called french pg called channel or deleting it from {2a}.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
@obijack, from d pics u have posted it is obvious your nile signals are there 4 d taking, if the present position is w3 then there's no obstruction whatsoeve, like u have been told,start from nss 7 and hit like 97db signal level by aligning and skewin of lnb then proceed to nile which is like tracking multi tv using Ds.v as starting point. Remember when u hit nss 7 and u are standing in front of the dish, move gradually to your right and up to hit 7 degrees. Do that patientlly ok ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.